Dr. Mohamed Shalaby, MD

Dr. Mohamed Shalaby, MD

Cardiology  |

Earning his medical degree from the University of Cairo, Egypt, Dr. Shalaby completed his Internal Medicine residency at the University of Missouri, Columbia and a cardiology fellowship training in the world-renowned Ochsner Clinic Foundation in New Orleans - where he worked under the direction of the nation's most esteemed cardiologists. Dr. Shalaby is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiac Echocardiography - and a member of prestigious cardiology and scientific associations. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology. Practicing a range of cardiovascular medicine with special interest in new technologies in cardiac imaging, including cardiac CT and cardiac MRI, Dr. Shalaby obtained specialized training in peripheral vascular disease diagnosis and management. His comprehensive experience with early detection of cardiac disease and preventive Cardiology has enabled him to design multiple cardiac wellness and preventive programs that employ education, diet, exercise, behavioral therapy and life style modifications to prevent and reduce the severity of heart disease. Dr. Shalaby's work in early detection, weight reduction and fitness programs is saving lives of many and has changed the lives of many of his patients and friends. A truly dedicated professional, Dr. Shalaby is a staff cardiologist at the Texas Heart Institute, the St. Luke Hospital, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, Memorial South East Hospital, St. John Hospital and the Mainland Medical Center. He lectures at the local and national level on the early detection of heart disease, weight loss and cardiac disease, exercise and wellness programs and a wide variety of cardiac health-related topics.

The Heart Center

290 E Medical Center Blvd

Webster, TX 77598

• SelectCare

Learn about Dr. Shalaby

Dr Shalaby offers preventive and therapeutic southeast Houston cardiology practice. Our group takes pride in providing high-quality, patient-focused care. We believe that prevention is a vital part of treating patients with cardiovascular disease. Hence, we offer a comprehensive range of screening and diagnostic imaging services to identify risk factors and disease at the earliest possible stage. These services range from simple screening exams to state-of-the-art technology and procedures

Dr. Shalaby's Experience

Dr. Shalaby's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cardiology

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Septal Defect
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent

• University Of Missouri / Columbia Campus
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Ochsner Clin Found
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Shalaby has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic

Dr. Shalaby does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shalaby and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Clear Lake Regional Medical Center

is a Healthgrades Top-Rated Hospital

2016 Five Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures

View Ratings

Dr. Shalaby's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shalaby to family and friends
Dr. Shalaby's Performance
League City, TX |
Lovely staff who take their time with you and listen carefully to your concerns.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Shalaby is a very professional and also very caring. He listens and advises you accordingly. His approach to your heart health is very realistic as far as diet and exercise and making realistic adjustments and goals that work for you.
Deer Park TX |
Very good doctor with caring staff. The wait time is very long so bring a book.
in Friendswood, TX |
He is very concerned for his patients and always listens to their questions and concerns. So glad I found him for my Dr.
in Houston, TX |
First time visit very professional and personable. Communicated extremely well.
in Deer Park, TX |
Dr. Shalaby and his staff are amazing. Everyone was very polite and professional. I had a great experience and would definitely recommend Dr. Shalaby to everyone..
La Marque, TX |
My initial visit to this office was very pleasant. The staff is accommodating, friendly and efficient. I was impressed with new technology in taking an EKG (new to me!). Dr. Shalaby is pleasant with a caring manner, he listens.
in Houston, TX |
Direct & to the point ... Listens to what the family history relating genetic issues and probability of my Current issues as I get older and discussing options I have going forward .... I look forward to what my issues and options will be ...
in League City, TX |
Dr Shalaby and his office staff are exceptional. The overall staff is very friendly and accommodating to the patient.. Dr Shalaby carefully listens to what I say and then discusses a medical plan of action. If I am having a problem and need to be seen, I can be usually get an appointment the same day. I am very happy and comfortable having Dr Shalaby as my Cardiologist.
Houston, TX |
Great Dr. and staff. Always a great experience!
in Houston, TexasLeague City, TX |
Dr. Shalaby came highly recommended from my Pulmonary doctor. She was right. The entire staff was absolutely wonderful. From the moment they called to make the appointment to the end of the day when I finished taking several tests, I felt so comfortable and at home. I was treated with the utmost courtesy and respect by everyone at the office. Thank you to all for making this such a pleasant experience. I would most definitely recommend Dr. Shalaby and his staff to my friends and family.
in Texas City, TX |
Always a smile....good discussions and great medical advice and follow-up.
Houston, TX |
I was very pleased with my experience with Dr. Shalaby and his support staff. Everyone was attentive to my needs and provided feedback on all tests in a timely manner. It really alleviated the stress of being referred to a cardiology service for the first time.
Houston, TX |
Everyone was very respectful during my visit.
in Baytown, TX |
I was pleased with the service I received. The staff was very helpful.
Friendswood, TX |
Dr. Shalaby is very competent, helpful, likable and patient oriented.
Texas City, TX |
Everyone I came in contact with was truly professional. I received what I feel was complete attention and service from all.
San Antonio, TX |
Professional treatment and facilities. Kind doctor and staff.
in Pasadena, Tx |
Loved the patient care at this office!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Shalaby is very thorough, he explains the options, and, best of all, he takes time to listen.
in Webster TX |
Outstanding service - everything I was told I would undergo was completed on time, with great explanation and follow up. In particular, the follow up with prescriptions and records distribution is better than I expected.
in Seabrook, TX |
My husband and I, Carol Jean Lindemann, consider Dr. Shalaby as the best doctor we have ever had. He is our doctor for as long as we are HERE!! Would lovingly recommend him to any whom might ask us. Especially to our family. Our visits are to the point and we have always had all questions or referrals taken care of immediately. Happy New Year to the whole office, You are all great to know and work with. (Especially Rhonda, she is great to me and is always there to help, an extra thanks.)
in Deer Park, TX |
Initial visit was pleasant. EKG performed and additional testing recommended. Received a call at 4:30pm day before testing and was told my insurance had not approved testing. Called insurance and they had only received info about 1 test not 6. Dara told me not to make an appt until insurance approved testing. Left message for Dara and she never returned my called. Called again and she told me it was approved but no appointments for 2 weeks. One month after initial visit and no results.
Webster, Tx |
Wonderful, professional....best.
in Houston, Tx |
He is everything that a patient would want with a doctor. He does everything perfectly: he listens, he shares, he explains, he is intelligent, he cares, he does it all, he spends the right amount of time, a true professional. I wish I would have met him 15 years ago instead of 3 years ago.
TX |
Dr Shalaby and his staff are extremely professional and competent. I felt my comfort and care was at the top of their priorities. Very friendly, efficient and caring. I would definitely recommend this practice.
in Houston, TX |
Staff and Dr. Shalaby were very kind and attentive. Everyone was supportive and caring which meant a lot to me.
League City, TX |
Great staff, and Dr. Shalaby listens well, discusses your health in an understandable and reassuring way.
Thorough, knowledgeable, personable. Listened to my concerns. Always felt that I was part of the conversation and never being simply being "talked at."
in League City, TX |
Waiting room was freezing cold. Need hook and small table or shelf in restroom for women to hang purses and put down their belongings.
in Houston, TX |
Offers realistic assessment of health in lay terms and gives good advise for health maintenance.
in Webster, TX |
I only started going to Dr. Shalaby in January of 2015, he explains things to you in a way that you can understand and listens to what you have to say.
in La Porte, TX |
Dr. Shalaby is always pleasant and on time, we love that.
in Dickinson, TX |
Excellent service from Dr. Shalaby and medical staff, however, the young lady at the front desk is not particularly friendly and accommodating. Telephone etiquette with regard to scheduling also needs improvement, not certain if it's the same lady or someone else?
in Galveston, TX |
Very professional and great care
in Deer Park, TX |
Very nice experience, the staff as well as Dr. Shalaby are very caring and friendly.
I have been going to Dr. Shalaby's office for a few months now due to problems I have been having with my heart. I had a cardiologist prior to this and although a great Doctor, the experience wasn't great. I started going to Dr. Shalaby's office and it has been superb. There is a young lady by the name of Amy who helps me personally every time I go in. I spoke to her about my experience at the previous office so she has done everything to keep me satisfied as a patient.
Dr. Shalaby and his whole team have made me feel very welcome and have taken great care of me.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Shalaby is by far the most caring Dr. That I have ever seen. pays close attention to my needs and listens to what I have to say.
La Porte, TX |
This recent visit was not with the doctor but to have test ran. The office personnel were extremely unprofessional. They were 45 minutes late opening the office. I live an hour away and was told to arrive 15 minutes prior to appointment but when I arrived I had to talk to the answering service to get someone to come open the office for my appointment. Then while attempting to perform one of my test the battery was low on the machine and I was not able to do the test that the doctor ordered
in La Porte, TX |
Dr. Shalaby really cares about his patients, and in my world a better Dr. doesn't exist. I am just an average joe, and he really seams to care about my well being and treats me with respect. I can say the same for his awesome staff as well, they all treat me like family with dignity and respect as well. The feelings are mutual from me also. May God bless each and every one of you at the heart center. Thank you so much.
in Houston,Tx |
Outstanding
in Pearland, TX |
I found Dr. Shalaby to be thorough and calming when I had numerous questions and concerns. He took the time to explain my condition and presented a plan for treatment. I have confidence in him and the treatment.
in Friendswood, TX |
He is a very caring and conscientious Doctor. Very easy to talk to and never rushes you through your appointment.
in Nassau Bay |
Excellent, thorough, conservative approach to cardiac care.
Friendswood, TX |
I had been trying to encourage my father to see a different cardiologist for over a year because of the way Dr. Shalaby treats my father (short with him, won't let him speak, downplays his concerns, etc). Finally because his blood pressure got over 200/99 and all the doc did was tell him he could take a second pill, we FIRED Shalaby and saw a general practitioner who put him on new meds. Blood Pressure hasn't been this great in YEARS. I am so angry at Shalaby for mismanaging my father!
in Nassau Bay, TX |
This doctor does not overbook. Waiting room delays even for afternoon appointments are 10 minutes or less. The staff are helpful and friendly. Shalaby is the consummate professional, always taking enough time to answer any questions. If you need a heart doctor, this is the one.
in Dickinson, TX |
He always relates to me as a person and not just a patient. Takes his time to explain what is going on and t treatment plan. Always a pleasure to visit this doctor.
Excellent
in Seabrook, TX |
Dr. Shalaby is GREAT. He explained how even a 10 # drop in my weight could help improve my overall health & he urged me to take a long term approach to making lifestyle changes that would not be overly difficult to accomplish, but would have lasting benefits. With his guidance and support, I was able to drop by LDL/Lousy Cholesterol by 60% &decrease my Triglycerides by 50% through a balanced diet and moderate exercise, so I did not have to take new medicines & eliminated 1 of my 2 BP meds!
Have you seen Dr. Mohamed Shalaby, MD?
Are you Dr. Shalaby?