Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD

Neurological Spine SurgeryMaleAge 43

Dr. Abdulhamid

Royal Spine Surgery

9377 E Bell Rd Ste 343 Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD is a Neurological Spine Surgery Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ. He is affiliated with HonorHealth John C. Lincoln Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Abdulhamid to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neurological Spine Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check if Dr. Abdulhamid treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Abdulhamid's conditions and procedures:

• Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Chiari Malformation Type 1
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminoforaminotomy
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Microsurgical Spine Surgery
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • PET-CT Scan
  • Spinal Discectomy
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Dr. Abdulhamid accepts

Dr. Abdulhamid accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona

Dr. Abdulhamid's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Abdulhamid

4.5

Dr. Abdulhamid

The whole crew at Royal Spine Surgery is absolutely Top Tier. The staff is absolutely wonderful to deal with and very professional and caring. My surgery went absolutely wonderful. I’m seeing results just several days afterwards. I feel better than I have in years. I feel the strength coming back to me in my back and my legs without pain. I am so grateful to have found Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid. He definitely is a very skilled surgeon and very good at explaining things. I absolutely recommend anybody that has back issues to please go to him. The staff and the doctor will definitely take care of you. The whole crew has your best interest first.
Ralph W. O – Jul 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?
Dr. A did a terrific job on my back surgery. He took the time to fully explain what was going on as we walked through my MRI. He again took the time to explain what was going to happen just before surgery and then came and talked to me after the surgery. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and I can honestly recommend Dr. A to anyone that needs relief from herniated disk that are pinching nerves. It has been a month since my surgery and although I know I can't right now, I feel like I could go for a run. If you need Minimally Invasive back surgery, Go see this guy, he's great at what he does. Rey B.
Rey B. – Jul 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?
For years I suffered with arthritic back pain. I did not consider back surgery until all other pain-relief options had been exhausted. After meeting with 4 well-respected surgeons, I put my trust in Dr Abdulhamid who had expertise in minimally-invasive back surgery. My trust in Dr Abdulhamid was well-placed. Since he performed surgery on my back, I have experienced almost no back pain. What a relief! This talented surgeon has allowed me to change my perspective on the future.
LCB – Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?
If there was an option to leave a 10 star rating I definitely would be doing it! Dr. Abdulhamid was the absolute BEST in all aspects! I was very afraid and had a lot of anxiety about having neck surgery due to a negligent luxury coach bus driver in Hawaii having an accident on the freeway because she was eating while supposedly taking responsibility for driving 48 passengers to a VIP luau. I felt very emotional and I was extremely unfamiliar with any sort of surgery like this. Dr. Abdulhamid was EXTREMELY thorough in explaining every detail and exactly what to expect as far as recovery. I now have a second surgery scheduled with him on my lower back. I’m not going to say I am less than afraid and anxious once again but I know I am in THE BEST neurosurgeons hands on gods green earth. I would trust and recommend Dr. Abdulhamid without blinking an eye! Thanks so much for taking such good care of me! ????????????????????
Shannon Vick – Nov 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?
I was very frightened with the thought of neck surgery because I hadn't undergone any in depth surgery of this sort. Dr A was so knowledgeable and was able to easily explain my surgery where I could understand it. He did an excellent job and spent in depth time in surgery making sure it was done perfectly. He also spend in depth time after surgery with my family explaining all that was entailed with my surgery and they also were impressed with him..
Cheryl in Phoenix, AZ – Mar 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?
I have had an excellent experience with Dr Abdulhamid. He is caring and candid about your prognosis and recovery process. The office staff is friendly and attentive.
Mark Sendrow in Phoenix, AZ – Nov 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?
I saw Dr. Abdulhamid on September 4th. He ordered an MRI. I was told I would be hearing back from him. Ended up having to call his office 5 times to get results. On Oct 16 , receptionist (or nurse) told me doctor had reviewed MRI and he saw no issues. I had MRI reviewed by two other specialists and read the MRI report myself. Bulged or herniated disc, severe stenosis, instability. Surgery would be needed to remove a Coflex sping and then fused. How does one miss this?
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Kenneth Vayda in Phoenix, AZ – Nov 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?
He listens, takes time giving a clear and concise response that is truthful. Very conservative and explains all options. He truly cares and is passionate about what he does. His nurse is 247 and always calls back.
Kat S. – Nov 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?
Dr. Abdulhamid performed a procedure on my lower spine on September 19. When I arrived home that same day, I was so elated with the results that I could stand and walk without back, hip or leg pain that I didn't want to sit down. I just kept walking around my kitchen for hours and had a smile on my face the whole time. He is the consummate, skilled professional who showed me sincere care and concern. My gracious thanks to him, his staff and associates. Truly "Royal" treatment from all.
John in Chandler, AZ – Oct 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?
I called his office for an appointment. The receptionist, Brenna, was totally not aware of insurances and refused to understand Tricare for Life and Disabled Veterans Community Care Insurance and was not interested in finding the correct information. If this office does not care enough for disabled Vet's then I don't care to give him my money. Good Veteran disability comes first with me. The receptionist would not let me talk to her boss or the billing office! Bad SERVICE!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
John Hughes, CMSgt Ret in AZ – Sep 11, 2018
Mr. Hughes, Thank you for your feedback, and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?
Dr. A Did a very good job in explaining what my problem was and what my options would be. He answered all my questions and concerns and it made me feel very comfortable in making the decision of what procedure to move forward with.
James Rodriguez in Anthem, AZ – Aug 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?
I had been in pain for the better part of 10 years before meeting Dr. A. He was patient and thorough while addressing all my questions, thoughts and concerns about my neck pain and the actual problems I was having. He explained my surgery in full detail and was extremely compassionate about my fears. Dr. A made me feel like family and would care for me as such. I have been pain free for months since my surgery. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon to take care of my surgical needs.
Erica G. in Anthem, AZ – Feb 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?
Dr. Abdulhamid went above and beyond in treating my herniated disc. He is conservative in his approach. Surgery went well and was easy. He supported my need for physical therapy so I could go back to work healthy. I am grateful for all he did for me. I highly recommend him.
Kim F – Dec 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?
Mohamed Abdulhamid is, in my opinion, one of the very best neurosurgeons. Since successful surgery, I no longer fear walking or climbing a staircase. My pain has vanished! Personalization of Dr. "A" and his assistant, Payton was absolutely OUTSTANDING. I cannot say enough for the quality of skill and personal care that I received. I have recommended D. "A" to several friends and acquaintances. And by the way, you've gotta be really good to get MY recommendation.
Len T. in Phoenix, AZ – Mar 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?
Dr. Abdulhamid is very thorough and his bedside manner is impeccable. I would recommend him to all of my family and friends for any spine problems.
Phoenix, AZ – Mar 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?
My first visit with Dr. Abdulhamid. I was comfortable the first-time I met him. I was so glad I selected him as my Neurosurgeon. My family and myself was so pleased with his opinion and his professionalism. He was direct to the point about my case. I am 100% recommended him to my family and friends. His staffs are very professional. The office is very clean well organized. Excellent customer service!
Elisa V in Phoenix, AZ – Dec 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?
Great methodology bringing new, motion preserving and minimally invasive products/procedures to his patients. Patients truly do come first. A diversified practice, great location and beautiful, friendly office.
Scottsdale, AZ – Sep 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?
Knowledge, honesty, highly skilled, patient is priority.
I – Sep 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mohamed Abdulhamid, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Abdulhamid?
Provider explaining information to patient