Dr. Mohamad Bydon, MD

Dr. Mohamad Bydon, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Mohamad Bydon, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Rochester, MN. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Bydon is affiliated with Mayo Clinic Hospital - Saint Mary's Campus.

200 1st St SW

Rochester, MN 55905

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
  • HealthPartners

Learn about Dr. Bydon

See how frequently Dr. Bydon performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Bydon's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Bydon does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acoustic Neuroma
  • Aneurysm
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Neurosurgical Procedures
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

• Dartmouth College
  • Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015
  • Johns Hopkins Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Bydon has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Bydon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bydon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bydon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bydon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bydon to family and friends
Dr. Bydon's Performance
in Bethesda, MD |
Dr. Bydon treated my one and only daughter who was just 18 years old! We trusted him and he did everything he said he would! I would highly recommend him!
in Dayton, OH |
Dr. Bydon is not only a fantastic surgeon ( from results and the word of his peers) but also kind and understanding of the fears a patient has both pre and post operation. He personally called me to reassure me prior to the operation. His staff is exceptional and not just professional but personable. I not only would, but have recommended him to friends and family.
in Wamego, KS |
I had been dealing with pinched nerves coming from my neck. Other doctors told me it was a viral or nerve disorder. Dr. Bydon looked at the same test done and said it was coming from my neck and thought surgery would help. It's been 3 days since surgery and I think I can already tell a difference.The amazing thing is I have not had any pain since waking up from surgery. I would recommend him to anyone needing spine surgery. He explained things very well and was very personable.
in Green Bay, WI |
My husband had surgery 6 weeks ago and the results were more than we could have hoped for. I have never met a Doctor more caring or enthusiastic about his job and his patient's results than Dr. Bydon. He was amazing and I would highly recommend him. Tim and TammyThyes
in St Paul, MN |
Dr. Bydon was excellent. He was very professional and friendly, he made me feel comfortable and helped ease the stress of surgery. He looked at my MRI, CT scan and xrays and knew exactly what was wrong and reassured me he could help. After surgery, he called to check up on me, going above and beyond a busy surgeon's schedule. I am now on the road to recovery and each day is a little less painful. I have Dr. Bydon to thank for giving me my life back.
in West Jefferson, OH |
I am a 37 yr old who had a very active life. That came to a grinding halt from a upper thoracic herniation. No other Dr's would touch me because of the risk of the approach. Dr Bydon was able to go in semi minimally invasive and I have had a ton of relief and I am just two weeks out. Dr Bydon is not the standard Dr (in a very good way). He listens and very easy to talk to, has a good sense of humor and explained everything very well. He is an absolutely amazing surgeon and his record shows it.
in Urbana, IL |
I cannot put into words my admiration and respect for Dr. Byron and the staff at Mayo Clinic. The results of my surgery have been nothing but remarkable, I not only have gotten my life back I now look forward to a long happy future spending time with my wife and grandchildren. I highly recommend Dr. Byron and the Mayo Clinic.
in Murray, Ky |
I received excellent care. I work up I. Recovery room after surgery with a very noticeable improvement. He was excellent in explaining the procedure to me before surgery and was genuinely interested in my well-being and over all health.
in NYC |
Dr Bydon called me on a Saturday afternoon to answer my questions about a very long and complex surgery that I was scheduled for that Monday. He eased every concern and I went through with the surgery that Monday. I am so happy I went with my instinct and put my life in that man's hands. I am living pain free for the first time in ten years!
in Nicollet, MN |
Dr. Bydon was great. He is a good listener and cared about me as a person. I felt very confident about Dr. Bydon after meeting him. The first neurosurgeon I had seen treated me like a number. It was a blessing to have him do my surgery. The surgery and recovery have gone very well.
in Rochester, MN |
Dr Bydon is an exceptional individual. He and his staff were excellent. I was fortunate to be refderred to him for surgery as I have had excellent results.
in Madison Lake, MN |
I'm so thankful for Dr. Bydon.and his team. I had been in so much pain and out of work for months. messing around with other doctors that said some of my symptoms didn't match what they were seeing on MRI's and CT scans. After screwing around in Mankato I finally went to Rochester, which I should of done in the first place. Dr Bydon looked at all the stuff that had been done in Mankato and long story short, I was in surgery within a week and am now pain free and back to work!!! Great Doctor!!!
in Broomfield, CO |
Placed a VP shunt at Mayo Clinic Rochester.
Have you seen Dr. Mohamad Bydon, MD?
Are you Dr. Bydon?