Dr. Mitchell Stashower, MD

Dr. Mitchell Stashower, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Mitchell Stashower, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Fairfax, VA. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

3700 Joseph Siewick Dr Ste 404

Fairfax, VA 22033

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Stashower

See how frequently Dr. Stashower performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ringworm
Rosacea
Skin Infections

Dr. Stashower's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Stashower "Dr. Stashower provides cutting-edge care for all conditions of the skin, hair and nails. He is skilled in the practice of Dermatology, Dermatologic Surgery, Lasers and Esthetic skin solutions. He prides himself on developing individualized treatment plans that allow patients to see rapid results. From skin cancer to rashes to simply improving one's appearance, beautiful skin does not happen by accident."

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Intertrigo
  • Itchy Skin
  • Jock Itch
  • Lipomas
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigus
  • Warts

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Georgetown University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • National Naval Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Nationalcapitol Area Consortium
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Stashower has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stashower does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stashower and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stashower's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stashower to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Stashower's Performance
Fairfax, Virginia |
My daughter was prescribed an acutane treatment. The prescription is overseen by the FDA to ensure that women take precautions to avert becoming pregnant. Each month (treatment usually lasts approximately 6 months) - 1. join a service that administers a monthly test; 1. take a blood test 2. see the doctor; 3. get a monthly prescription; 4. have the nurses call the positive blood test and test from the service to the pharmacy; and, the prescription; 5. pick up the prescription at the pharmacy. Al
in Herndon, VA |
Dr. Stashower provides impeccible care. I found him to be extremely personable and caring. I've always been seen ontime and have never felt rushed. This is an amazing practice and I will be a patient for life.
in Great Falls, VA |
Doc is great but you can't get in to see him, and the nurses don't return your calls, it doesn't matter how good he is. First time, I was bitten by dozens of bugs and the intense itching caused me to scratch myself bloody. Calls were not returned. This time, after exposure to an allergen, my scalp is itchy, raw and bleeding. I tried all remedies I had. I have job interviews, psoriasis on my face, can't sleep, first appointment available is 3 weeks and after 2 messages, no return calls. Sad.
Washington, DC |
I have been a patient for the last 10 years but Dr. Stashouer's practice has really declined. You can't get an appointment for several months and then the appt is 10 mins. They dismiss you. Nothing is ever available and when you do get seen, they rush you in and out.
in Fairfax, VA |
My husband and I have both been patients of Dr Stashower for years and have complete confidence in his diagnostic and surgical skills. We are grateful for his attentive and caring professionalism.
in Fairfax, VA |
I give Dr Stashower 5 stars in all areas of his practice. He is very responsive to patient needs plus provides excellent medical treatment. The office staff is extremely friendly and very willing to help expedite scheduling appointments whenever necessary. The nurse staff as well is extremely friendly, caring, and proficient. Waiting time is always a minimum. The positive work environment created by Dr. Stashower within his practice is an example other physicians should follow.
in Herndon, VA |
I took my 8 year old son to have two warts removed. Total charges $443 before the insurance adjustment!!!!!! Turns out there was added cost because they sent the wart for Biopsy which costed $143. I called the office and spoke with the office manager Cheryl who told me that they biopsy everything they cut off. The problem is that NO ONE asked if I wanted anything biopsied and the physician assistant clearly identified it as a wart. Unfortunately, because I signed a paper to have it removed, t
in Reston, VA |
Dr. Stashower’s office has the most professional, friendly, smart and proficient team I have witnessed in a very long time. The entire office works as one! When you call the office they answer phone with a “smile” you can hear the friendliness in the voice, they are helpful and caring. I have been a patient for several years and would refer everyone to them without hesitation.
in Reston, VA |
in Herndon, VA |
We have been seeing him for 5 years with no complaints- until - Last visit I felt completely dismissed by him. He was so intent on the young med student that he prescribed a med that I later found to be not what was needed. My husbands last visit early this year was a debacle. He did not recognize a shingles outbreak on his face, dangerously close to an eye and prescribed cortisone cream which is the worst thing for shingles. He said to wait 90 days. Luckily we went to our PCP the next day .
in Fairfax, VA |
I tried to setup an appointment as a new patient. They said 3 weeks and with a physician's assistant. Also, the phone rang for a long time and the person answering didn't sound as though they were enjoying their jobs. It would be nice if they had an N/A rating for some of the ratings as I didn't have experience with all of them. For the ones that I couldn't rate I did a 3.
in Gainesville, VA |
Misdiagnosed two conditions! Does not spend enough time with patient.
in Clifton, VA |
I feel extremely confident in Dr. Stashower's care of my skin! His wealth of experience and his strong interpersonal skills with staff and patients help to ease my nerves in the doctor's office. He has been a favorite doctor of mine for many years and the care he has taken of my life strengthens my commitment to stay his patient! A visit with Dr. Stashower is always uplifting for my spirit! He is an exceptional doctor!
Have you seen Dr. Mitchell Stashower, MD?
Are you Dr. Stashower?