Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD

GastroenterologyMaleAge 53

Gastroenterology

Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD is a Gastroenterology Specialist in Los Angeles, CA. He is affiliated with Cedars - Sinai Medical Center. His office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD

Pinnacle Gastroenterology

2080 Century Park E Los Angeles, CA 90067

Compare with other Gastroenterology Specialists

Compare Dr. Spirt with our nearby Gastroenterology Specialists at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Dr. Spirt's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Spirt

3.8

Dr. Spirt

BEST OF THE BEST
LOVE THIS DOCTOR AND MAN. GOD BLESS HIM!!!!!!!
Marlene – Mar 29, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD?
I had gone to Dr. Spirt for many years. He has performed numerous colonoscopy procedures on me over many years. He aborted many procedures as my clean out prep wasn’t good enough for him to get a good visual of my colon. We discussed that in depth and yet he never came up with a solution. One year he performed three colonoscopies on me due to poor visuals. I even had two daily colonics prior to a colonoscopy with him. Nothing seemed to work to get me cleaned out properly. I was scheduled for another colonoscopy when COVID came along. He canceled that date and never rescheduled me. I called his office months later to find out when I could get an appointment and was told he was doing procedures. I asked why they never called me back to reschedule and was told they were waiting for me to call them. But when they canceled my procedure date they told me they would call me to reschedule. I changed doctors and went to Nicholas Karyotakis in the same Century City building…a much better doctor.
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jerry M – Jul 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD?
Dr. Mitchell Spirt is my personal physician. I volunteered to write this social media review because of the exceptional care he provides to me. This is not something he or anyone asked me to do; I just told him I wanted to do it. Dr. Spirt is by far the best physician I can recall ever having cared for me. He is incredibly thorough and maintains fastidious records that seemingly document every aspect of each of my medical conditions. He does not waste my time and has always reviewed my records before he even comes into the exam room. He always knows all the results of any outstanding labs and imaging studies. Dr. Spirt is an outstanding diagnostician. He does not waver when it comes to offering his professional opinions and he is consistently on the mark. He has arrived at the correct diagnosis when other physicians failed to do so. He takes his time, is a joy to talk to and does not rush the visit. He always takes a very complete history, performs a very good physical examin
Liam O'Flaherety – Nov 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD?
Mitchell has been my Doctor for over 25 years and has been a life saver. He is the one who diagnosed my prostate cancer early. He is always available when I need him. His friendly demeanor and caring manner makes going to the doctor easy. My son who is now 26 has also been a patient for his adult years. I have recommended him to many of my clients. I am a personal trainer.
John Corvello – Nov 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD?
I was seen by Dr. Spirt for a consultation at the recommendation of a close friend. I noticed that his office is clean and his staff is very personable and helpful. Dr. Spirt was very engaging and personable on meeting him. After describing my stomach problems, he carefully reviewed records that I provided him. He examined me and ordered several additional tests. I returned in a couple of weeks to review the new results that my prior physician did not order. Much to my surprise and abnormal values lead Dr. Spirt to change my therapy and within a matter of a couple of weeks, my problem was completely resolved. I had a third follow-up visit a month later to make sure everything was OK and to monitor for the medication side effects. I am now a regular patient. Dr Spirt is thorough, explained all the possible therapies and all of the possible side effects and advise me to come back on a routine basis to monitor my medications and stomach. I am very very grateful for my friend's tip.
Linus L – Nov 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Spirt's for 13 years. I have never felt more comforted and more taken care of by any healthcare professional in my life. Dr. Spirt is world renowned because of his unique ability to go from symptom to diagnosis with thorough expedience. Simply put, Dr. Spirt is smart. He sees what others can't. His no nonsense approach combined with his gentle sense of humor is exactly what I need when I'm faced with confusing and concerning health issues. Dr. Spirt has been the perfect guide along my path to a healthy and a care free life. If you want the best for your healthcare, I highly recommend Dr. Spirt.
Andrew Woodworth – Oct 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD?
Dr. Spirt is the very best, you can’t ask for a better doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, and spends whatever time you need to spend with him.
M. Rosenthal – Oct 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD?
Dr. Spirt is the smartest Doctor I have ever had. He has been my doctor for many years and I don't make any decisions without first consulting Dr. Spirt. He is not only the smartest Gastroenterologist but knows so much about other diseases of the body. I had problems with a pre-cancerous lesion in my esophagus and through his treatment it is now gone. I feel very lucky that I have Dr. Spirt as my doctor.
marilynn record – Oct 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD?
Dr . Spirt took the time to make sure I thoroughly understood my condition and laid out a treatment plan for me to follow. You can tell he really cares about his patients. The staff was very friendly and professional. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family.
Cindy – Oct 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Mitchell J. Spirt for 25 years. He is the best gastroenterologist in LA. He is kind, caring, extremely knowledgeable and is passionate and dedicated to being the best. He takes the time with you to really listen and understand and he is thorough and meticulous in how he works. I can't recommend him enough. He is truly amazing and really cares for his patients well being.
Bina Patel – Oct 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD?
Dr Spirt is a genius at his craft. He is an excellent and caring doctor and he is very sympathetic. He cares for his patients genuinely and goes out of his way to always be available. Highly recommend!
DAYLE W – Oct 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD?
Dr. Spirt is probably the best doctor I have ever visited. He is very thorough in his exams & asks a lot of questions about your health history & the reason for your visit Needless to say , I am writing this because he found the reason for my problem which no one else had been able to do. I recommend him highly & an added bonus is that he is friendly, comforting, & even funny. I can't believe that in another comment someone complained about an old bill, a doctor like this deserves to be paid no matter what. He is gifted in my opinion.
Sandra D'Elia – Sep 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD?
Dr. Spirt has been the best most effective doctor I have ever been to. I never wait more than 5 or 10 minutes to see him. And that has been true over the 15 years I have been going there. he sits and talks to you when you are in the exam room and I have never felt rushed. Under his care my quality of life has improved by leaps and bounds. to Quote my friend who I sent to see him. "I didn't know what a good doctor was until I went to see Dr. Spirt." Highly recommended!
b.brdas – Sep 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD?
Dr. Spirt has kept my IBS in complete control over 4 years & was the ONLY Gastroenterologist who was able to properly diagnose & treat my wife's tummy issues & give her relief from chronic pain. He's the best.
Frank von Zerneck – Sep 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD?
Caring, kind, extremely patient and understanding. Explains everything as if he's your best friend. The office is immaculate and his staff always helpful and friendly. Oh and he's the best Gastro Doc on the planet.
Mark B. Boulbol – Aug 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD?
Dr Spirt is simply a life saver. He has been my gastroenterologist since my early 40s. My Dad passed from esophageal cancer (not his patient) and DR Spirt Insisted I go through extensive tests. He diagnosed Barretts Esophagus and Hiatel hernea promptly delt with both and I've been healthy for almost 20 years and counting. Oh and btw he diagnosed my mitral valve heart issue and saved my life with his persistent reminders for me to deal with it. He cares about his patients like no other and is second to none with his care!
Mark Blanchard – Aug 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD?
Dr. Spirt always listens carefully when I describe my health issues, asks a lot of questions, and takes my concerns seriously. Unfortunately, I had to change insurance and he's out of my network now. I'm having a very hard time finding someone who matches his level of care!
CJ in Westchester, CA – Apr 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Spirt, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Spirt?