Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Mitchell Sorsby, MD
Dr. Mitchell Sorsby, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Dallas, TX. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Sorsby is affiliated with Medical City Plano.

10260 N Central Expy Ste 100

Dallas, TX 75231

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Sorsby

Dr. Sorsby's Experience

Dr. Sorsby's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  • Board certified in Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Abnormal Thyroid
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

• Sinai Hosp Detroit
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Henry Ford Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Sorsby has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sorsby does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sorsby and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sorsby's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sorsby to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Sorsby's Performance
Richardson, TX |
I have seen Dr. Sorsby or his Nurse Practitioner 1-2 times each year for the past 14 years for routine maintenance of thyroid levels (post-thyroidectomy). He is thorough and proactive, and his staff is professional and kind.
Allen, TX |
I have loved that Dr.Sorsby has worked with me to decide what was the best treatment plan for my thyroid issues. He explains things well and seems to really be a good at his job!
Frisco, TX |
-HORRIBLE PATIENT CARE. I TOOK THE WRONG DOSEAGE OF MEDICATION FOR 4 WEEKS DUE TO AN OVERSITE IN OFFICE, I HAD TO CALL MYSELF... AND IT HAPPENED AGAIN! OFFICE STAFF IS RUDE, AND DR SORSBY DIDN'T SEEM TO CARE. THEY ALL COMPLAINED TO ME THAT THEY ARE BUSY. BUT FOR AN ADDITIONAL $2,000.00 A YEAR, I COULD GET A VIP TREATMENT AND THE GET THE CARE I NEEDED!!!! NO THANKS, YOU GUYS CANT EVEN DO THE JOB I PAY FOR AND YOU WANT MORE MONEY! I WORK IN A HOSPITAL AND I WILL NEVER GO BACK OR RECOMMEND HIM
I would recommend.
Copperas Cove, TX |
I feel Dr. Sorsby is dedicated and sincere with his patients and their treatment. He is honest in his opinions, diagnosis and suggestions of medication needed to help the well being of his patients. He is also willing to listen to the concerns patients may have regarding taking certain types of medication regarding reactions, such as side effects, etc. i would recommend Dr. Sorsby to family and friends.
Very caring and knowledgeable doctor. Very receptive when calling. Nurse gets back to you the same day. Easy to refill prescriptions with his staff.
in Allen, TX |
Dr. Sorsby and his staff are great. They're like a well oiled machine from the time you check in to the time you check out. Everyone its very friendly and helpful and explained things to me. I didn't feel rushed when I asked questions. I would highly recommend.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Sorsby was excellent in the process of working with me to find out what was wrong with me. I currently had been seen for 5 years at the VA and was not happy with the care that they gave me and wanted a second opinion. Thanks to DR. Sorsby I was finally able to figure out what has been going on with me physically.
Carrollton, TX |
Dr Sorsby spent a good amount of time evaluating and recommending treatment, he has a very personalized approach, I believe patients already with diabetes would really enjoy his office.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Sorsby is nice enough but every appointment I felt rushed & not really listened to. It seemed like I was just made to spend lots of money to end up on no treatment at all. I would have to ask a ton of questions to even get a full explanation of my diagnosis which I still don't have.
Mckinney, TX |
All around this was a very positive experience. I found Dr Sorsby and his Nurse Practitioner, Karla, to be very knowledgeable and caring. They spent a lot of time with me and answered all my questions. They are both very good about explaining things. All of the staff were very friendly and efficient. I actually look forward to my next visit!
Allen, TX |
The staff here is top notch. I've been able to get better control on my diabetes and significantly lower my A1C. Thanks to Dr. Sorsby and his team I'm enjoying life more and will probably live longer.
Anna, TX |
Dr Sorsby is very knowledgeable and great bedside manner
Melissa, TX |
Dr. Sorsby is a wonderful doctor. He listens, and goes above and beyond. This isn't normally seen in providers now days!
in Plano, TX |
My visit was brief and did tests and I had to chase them down for the results and they never followed up to check up on me or to offer any sort of help. I clearly told them I had issues.
in Richardson, TX |
I see Dr Sorsby once a year to watch thyroid nodules and have had a biopsy in his office. He is very thorough and takes a reasonable and conservative approach which I appreciate. I have confidence that he would do otherwise if necessary. I brought Dad to him for years treating his diabetes and always felt he got great care and that is why I have come to him now.
Addison, TX |
Everyone is so nice and very helpful.
Irving, TX |
My first visit I actually was able to see Dr. Sorsby who was very professional and informative. My second and third appointments I was seeing his pa, who was very critical and would not listing to my questions. His nursing staff was very unprofessional and rude.
in Tx |
Staff and doctor are super friendly and timely.
in Mckinney, TX |
I am so glad I found Dr. Sorsby. Everyone has always been helpful and professional. And they really care about the patients.
in Melissa, TX |
Dr Sorsby is caring and dedicated to helping me stay healthy.
in Plano, TX |
I have to say you all have a great staff. I've seen Elisha for years and believe she is very thorough and has really helped me reduce the cost of the drugs I'm taking. Kudos! Would definitely recommend your office.
in Plano, TX |
I liked Dr Sorsby very much, and had been a patient of his for about 8 years. Unfortunately due to 1 missed appointment and staff rescheduling of an appointment a time a date they did not confirm with me the practice DISCHARGED ME AS A Patient. Trying to find a new doctor has bee difficult as the majority of Endocrinologist in my City are also members of the same practice and the 2 I tried were underwhelming. My PCP is now prescribing my meds at this time.
Frisco, TX |
Karla (his PA) is wonderful. Great office staff. Lots of seating including a kid play area.
Mckinney, TX |
Dr. Sorsby is knowledgeable, and cares about his patients. He has a calm demeanor and listens to questions and concerns about my health. I would very much recommend him to someone looking for a new doctor.
Addison, TX |
I have no complaints. Dr. Sorsby knows his stuff and doesn't waste time beating around the bush. He is direct and to the point. The additional blood work he has requested while I've been under his care shows that he listens to my comments and is aware of how the medications can affect the various balances within the body. These show he takes care to monitor for unacceptable changes.
Linden, NJ |
Great doctor! I've already recommended him to a co-worker.
The Colony, TX |
I don't usually get to see the doctor. I see his nurse or diet coke of doctor.. I am not sure if that is good thing or bad!!
in Plano, TX |
Loves his patients and talks to us so we understand.
Mckinney, TX |
Dr. Sorsby is very knowledgeable in his field. He is caring and listen to your complaints. I have been visiting him for a very long time.
Richardson, TX |
Dr Sorsby is great but office staff needs improvement on customer service and attitude over phone. I had referred him to 2 friends of mine but they both never made appts because of how they were treated just over phone to get set up as new patient
in Christiansted, NO REGION |
I have been a patient of Dr. Sorsby's for over 20 years. My confidence in his abilities toward my care are such that even though I have lived in the Virgin Islands for many years now, Dr. Sorsby remains my Endocrinologist. When I relocated, I was concerned that it may prove difficult to maintain my health needs given distance and his busy office. Dr. Sorsby assured me that he and his staff would remain reachable and they indeed have done exactly that. It is of great comfort having Dr. Sors
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Mitchell Sorsby (Endocrine Physician) takes the time to explain my medical treatment and what is going on medically with me at all times. Dr. Sorsby and his staff are highly professional and very dedicated individuals to a patient's treatment. Both he and his entire staff are very courteous and personable, and Dr. Sorsby is extremely knowledgeable. Dr. Sorsby is a good person and a patient should consider themselves fortunate to find a Medical Doctor of his caliber for treatment.
in Plano, TX |
I would not recommend Dr. Sorsby to anyone. He did not listen to my request and spoke to me through a nurse after numerous requests to speak to him personally. He refused to write a note to my employer stating that I had a disability. I was having issues with waking up high and taking too much insulin to cover it making me low by the time I needed to drive in to work. I requested a letter to my employer stating that 'this my occur, but he refused to write it and stated that shouldn't happen.
Prosper, TX |
Do you have high blood pressure? Have you been previously told that you will be taking multiple medications for the rest of your life? Dr. Sorsby and NP, Karla McHughes diagnosed the true cause of my hbp and put me on a life changing path. The end result was reduced bp, less medication, and better quality of life. Thank you for not accepting the status quo.
Plano, TX |
Dr. Sorsby is informative and non-judgmental. I do not feel bad after leaving an appointment with him. Karla is nice, but has a tendency to make me feel like I am not doing the right care for myself. Dr. Sorsby puts me at ease about my care and progress.
Plano, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr Sorsby since he was highly recommended to me by my physician in Canada, back in 2001. He stays up to date on the latest medical advancements and has always maintained a deep interest in my health and the changes in my lifestyle affecting my health. I feel very lucky to have found an endochrinologist in Dallas, with well-trained staff, whom I never have to second guess. I would recommend Dr Sorsby to everyone.
in TX |
Love Dr. Sorsby and his staff! He has extra special PA's and RN's. If his practice was on our insurance, I would still be going to him. If you have an insurance plan that has practice as a provider, go there. You will get awesome care.
in Greenville, TX |
I appreciate the thoroughness of the care given at each visit. I never feel rushed, and all my questions/concerns are addressed.
Frisco, TX |
Dr Sorsby and his staff are caring and highly educated, they have the skills needed to diagnosis and treat your medical condition.
in Frisco,TX |
Dr Sorsby's knowledge about my thyroid disease is exceptional. I trust him explicitly. I know he is highly regarded by his peers and hospital personnel.
Fairview, TX |
His office staff is always polite and professional. Dr. Sorsby is caring.
Plano, TX |
Dr is good but you hardly see him despite making apt months in advance. I go every five to six months and have waited upto 2 hrs. When I complained about it they didn't apologize they said its normal / expected. Their PA is good too but again if you take apt w doctor there is no guarantee to see him and when I wait 1 hr and then see the PA and ask about Dr Sorsby I got an unexpected defensiveness and a question if I would like to wait more !! They really need to work on time management !!
in McKinney, TX |
One of the best Dr's I have ever dealt with. Actually listens to my concerns & discusses option with ,e.
in Chicago, TX |
Thyroid issues are difficult to diagnose. Dr. Sorsby changed my life by correctly diagnosing and treating my hypothyroidism. Dr. Sorsby's office runs very efficiently and his staff is responsive and timely. I highly recommend Dr. Sorsby and his staff.
Arlington, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Sorsby for over 10 years and he and his staff have been always accommodating and very helpful with my health needs. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Sorsby to any of my family or friends.
Plano, TX |
Yes, I would likely recommend Dr. Sorsby to family and friends.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Sorsby has been my endocrinologist for the past 23years and I will recommend him to every. He is a very thorough dr. who takes his time to examine, talks and listens to the patients. He has always been a great and favorite doctor of mine.
in Garland TX |
Recommended dr sorsby to several of my friends. Always feel heard! Never hurried
Arp, TX |
Dr Sorsby is never available, so I book my appointments with the PA. The last time that I booked an 8 am appointment with Dr Sorsby he didn't show .....after waiting 30 minutes. I didn't want to wait anymore, so I saw the PA who is very prompt, professional, and nice.
Have you seen Dr. Mitchell Sorsby, MD?
Are you Dr. Sorsby?