Dr. Mitchell Rinek, MD

Dr. Mitchell Rinek, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Mitchell Rinek, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in East Lansing, MI. He is 70 years old and has been practicing for 44 years. Read his story

Forefront Dermatology - East Lansing

1625 Ramblewood Dr Ste 2

East Lansing, MI 48823

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Rinek

See how frequently Dr. Rinek performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
Actinic Keratosis
Excision of Skin Lesion

Dr. Rinek's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Rinek's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Rinek "Dr. Rinek is a Board-Certified Dermatologist and a trained Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgeon. He completed a preceptorship with Dr. Frederick Mohs, inventor of Mohs Surgery. His professional areas of interest are skin cancer detection and treatment and Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery."

This content was provided by Dr. Rinek "Forefront Dermatology is committed to providing the most innovative, leading-edge and appropriate medical dermatology solutions for healthy and beautiful skin. Whether you're suffering from an unexplained chronic skin condition, are embarrassed by acne or want a thorough skin cancer screening, we help detect problems before they become critical, physically or emotionally, and treat all diseases involving the skin, hair and nails. Our patients come to us with medical problems they can see and feel. We respect their unique reactions to these conditions, and we understand the effect they have on their lives. We address each patient with empathy, and we design personalized treatment recommendations that respect the whole person, inside and out."

• Dermatology

• Boil
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Mohs Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Denison University
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
  • University Of Wisconsin
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Rinek has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member
  • American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology, Member
  • American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, Member
  • Michigan Dermatologic Society, Member

Dr. Rinek's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rinek to family and friends
Dr. Rinek's Performance
in Lansing, MI |
I appreciate Dr. Rinek's thoroughness and his honesty with regard to treatment. He doesn't provide unnecessary treatment and is extremely professional. His calm demeanor provides a comfortable, unrushed environment. His assistant, Colleen, is a lot of fun and sets the tone for the appt. Dr. Rinek provided services to my dad and my husband, and their experiences were equally positive. I would highly recommend Dr. Rinek to all requiring dermatology services.
in Mason, MI |
Timely, personable and professional. Melanoma protocol requires a 6 mo full body check-very thorough. Provides explanation of each mole, keritosis, etc. From your head to your toes.
Lansing, MI |
Dr Rinek is very thorough. He is very knowledgeable and values his patients. Would highly recommend this physician.
Lansing, MI |
My last visit, like every visit, was friendly, efficient and informative. Dr. Rinek is thorough and takes the time to explain and answer questions.
in Mason, MI |
As always, an appointment with Dr Rinek is efficient and informative. He is quick, thorough, and helpful. For this appointment I was taken in early, seen, and cleared in record time and I still had time to ask questions and share thoughts.
in Lansing MI |
This guy is awesome
in East Lansing |
For sure! Professional, experienced, pleasant with patients,
in Dewitt, MI |
Thoroughly enjoyed my initial visit with Dr.Rinek on 10.26.17, his friendly and professional manner was impressive.
in Grand Ledge, MI |
Dr. Rinek is just great. My appointments are on time and from Dr. to staff very efficient.
Lansing, MI |
Dr. Rinek diagnosed my condition immediately. He established a treatment plan and showed me just what to do. He is a wonderful doctor. For future consideration: we discuss so much information that a summary of the visit would be helpful. OK, keep smiling and keep up the great work. You are the best!
in Spotsylvania |
Trusted care.
Lansing, MI |
Office staff well organized, friendly and expedite paper work. Dr Rinek's years of experience is evident in a thorough exam over skin. Identified a precancerous area and clearly explained how it could be treated effectively and proactively.
in Mason, MI |
I called on Monday. Got in on Wed. Dr.Rinek looked at the problem & had me come back that same day to remove an inflamed cyst. More then what I expected. It was an excellent experience.
in East Lansing, MI |
My office calls with Dr. Rinek are always great, and he is a pleasant man.
in MI |
This is the best Doctor I've ever had. My personal favorite: competent, decisive, pleasant and speedy.
in Haslett, MI |
Dr. Rinek is an outstanding physician. His practice is run with extreme efficiency. I've visited other dermatologists in the Lansing area, none compare with Dr. Rinek. He was highly recommended by a neighbor.
in East Lansing, MI |
When I visit Dr. Rinek I am confident that I am receiving the best medical treatment that medical science and human competence can privide.
in East Lansing, MI |
He was the best dermatologist I've ever had. He doesn't load up his waiting room. You are in and out quickly and he is very pleasant, as is his staff. Five stars from me!
East Lansing, MI |
Excellent care. I always feel confident in Dr. Rinek's assessment of any potential skin problems.
Hi Thank you for the 5 star rating and taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate it very much.
Dimondale, MI |
Dr. Rinek is very competent and has always been pleasant to visit.
in Springport MI |
Dr Rinek is very professional and also very nice. I like him a lot.
Hi Thank for you for the 5 star rating, positive feedback, and taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate it very much.
My visit with Dr. Rinek went as well as expected. I thought I had basal cell cancer on my face and he did a biopsy right then and there. He has spoken to me on the phone and I have set up another appointment to remove the whole lump. I am a returning patient but I was scheduled the day after I stopped in to make an appointment because I was in the area. good going Dr. Rinek and your staff.
Hi Thank for you for the 5 star rating and positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.
Mattawan, MI |
Very knowledgeable, very nice takes.the.time to explain the issue and what he plans to do
Okemos, MI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Rinek's for years and he has always been knowledgeable, professional, personable and competent. I would highly recommend him to others.
in Okemos, MI |
Dr. Rinek is a wonderful caring physician. I like the fact that he only takes care of your skin and doesn't sell products! He takes time with his patients and listens to your concerns.
East Lansing, MI |
Dr. Rinek has a high degree of expertise and is someone who truly cares about his patients. He provides clear explanations about diagnoses and treatment options, and never seems rushed during appointments. I'm very glad that he's practicing in our area!
in Okemos, MI |
Best medical expetience I have had. Total office efficiency. Highly recommend.
in Okemos, MI |
With his extensive training, wealth of experience, and reassuring bedside manner, Dr. Rinek provides the best possible care to his patients. Thank you, Dr. Rinek!
Hello Thank you for the positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.
in Okemos, Mi. |
Dr. Rinek, always calm, direct and professional ! The best dermatologist in Michigan !
Hi Thank you for the positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.
in Lansing, MI |
Very efficient, courteous, friendly and takes good care of his patients. Would like to thank all the staff for the kindness and patience.
Lansing, MI |
Dr Rinek listened to my concerns, did a careful exam, explained what he found in a way I could understand and answered all my questions. I highly recommend him.
East Lansing, MI |
Dr Rinek is very efficient. I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes for my appointments. He is a very skilled surgeon and I have been very satisfied with all the procedures that I have had done to remove cysts, SK, or cancerous cells.. He explains diagnosis well and options for treatment.
in Lansing, MI |
I have been going to Dr. Rinek for 33 years.........I think that says it all.
in Michigan |
Dr Rinek is one of the best doctors of any kind I have been to. He is informative, punctual, thorough, makes you feel that he cares about you rather than being just another body, and most important, I believe he has been as effective as possible in helping my condition. So, high marks on all aspects.
in E lansing |
Always efficient! Very professional.
in Lansing, MI |
Dr. Rinek is all business, and the visit was short and the service was delivered quickly and professionally.
Thank you for the 5 star rating and taking the time to post a review.
in Mason, MI |
Dr. Rinek is great! Always explains everything he is doing and why. Very professional and easy to be around. Super office staff too. Highly recommend!
Thank you for the 5 star rating and taking the time to post a review.
in Lansing, MI |
I have been going to Dr. Rinek for many, many years.......I would highly recommend him......never have to wait at his office....very professional and concerned about you....
in Lansing, MI |
Highly satisfied with Dr. Rinek and his support staff. Given and understood all answers to my questions.
Dewitt, MI |
Both my husband and myself have been patients for lots of years. Dr Rinek is thorough and professional. Have recommend him to many of our friends, family, acquaintances.
Okemos, MI |
My husband and I have been patients many years. Always very professional and efficient. Answered my question about problem I had while I was away from home, saving me time snd anxiety We are thankful to be in his care..
Okemos, MI |
My kind of doctor, and I'm very critical. Used Mohs on my basal cell with expected results. No complaints.
Mason, MI |
Excellent diagnostician with wealth of experience. Treatment options were explained and carried out in a very professional manner. Instills confidence
in St Johns, MI |
I have been going to Dr. Rinek for more than 20 years. He is always very professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. I am confidant that Dr. Rinek always has my best interest at heart and I have received the best dermatology care in the Lansing area. I have recommended Dr. Rinek to a number of people requiring dermatology care, and will continue to do so.
Dewitt, MI |
Clean office, short wait times in the waiting room and exam room. Best of all, the staff and Dr. Rinek are friendly and professional. I would definitely recommend Dr. Rinek if you're looking for a dermatologist.
Very meticulous and careful
Dewitt, MI |
Received excellent professional care. All office staff were considerate and knowledgeable. I was taken back to the examination room when my appointment was scheduled and did not have to wait.. I highly recommend Dr. Rinek and am glad I was referred to him by my family doctor.
in East Lansing, MI |
took the time to explain what skin problem I had and how to solve the problem.
in Lansing, MI |
He was so nice and explained everything, I would recommend him to all !
in Falmouth, MI |
Prompt, knowledgeable and professional service. Takes time to listen to your concerns and totally explains treatment options and follow up care.
Have you seen Dr. Mitchell Rinek, MD?

Visit Dr. Rinek

Dr. Rinek accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.