Dr. Mitchell Rinek, MD

Dr. Mitchell Rinek, MD

Dermatology  |
86 reviews

Dr. Rinek is a Board-Certified Dermatologist and a trained Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgeon. He completed a preceptorship with Dr. Frederick Mohs, inventor of Mohs Surgery. His professional areas of interest are skin cancer detection and treatment and Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery....See Less

Forefront Dermatology - East Lansing

1625 Ramblewood Dr Ste 2

East Lansing, MI 48823

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Rinek

Forefront Dermatology is committed to providing the most innovative, leading-edge and appropriate medical dermatology solutions for healthy and beautiful skin. Whether you're suffering from an unexplained chronic skin condition, are embarrassed by acne or want a thorough skin cancer screening, we help detect problems before they become critical, physically or emotionally, and treat all diseases involving the skin, hair and nails. Our patients come to us with medical problems they can see and feel. We respect their unique reactions to these conditions, and we understand the effect they have on their lives. We address each patient with empathy, and we design personalized treatment recommendations that respect the whole person, inside and out.

Dr. Rinek's Experience

Dr. Rinek's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Mohs Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Denison University
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
  • University Of Wisconsin-Madison
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Rinek has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member
  • American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology, Member
  • American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, Member
  • Michigan Dermatologic Society, Member

Dr. Rinek's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rinek to family and friends
Dr. Rinek's Performance
in Lansing, MI |
I have been going to Dr. Rinek for many, many years.......I would highly recommend him......never have to wait at his office....very professional and concerned about you....
in Lansing, MI |
Highly satisfied with Dr. Rinek and his support staff. Given and understood all answers to my questions.
Dewitt, MI |
Both my husband and myself have been patients for lots of years. Dr Rinek is thorough and professional. Have recommend him to many of our friends, family, acquaintances.
Okemos, MI |
My husband and I have been patients many years. Always very professional and efficient. Answered my question about problem I had while I was away from home, saving me time snd anxiety We are thankful to be in his care..
Okemos, MI |
My kind of doctor, and I'm very critical. Used Mohs on my basal cell with expected results. No complaints.
Mason, MI |
Excellent diagnostician with wealth of experience. Treatment options were explained and carried out in a very professional manner. Instills confidence
in St Johns, MI |
I have been going to Dr. Rinek for more than 20 years. He is always very professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. I am confidant that Dr. Rinek always has my best interest at heart and I have received the best dermatology care in the Lansing area. I have recommended Dr. Rinek to a number of people requiring dermatology care, and will continue to do so.
Dewitt, MI |
Clean office, short wait times in the waiting room and exam room. Best of all, the staff and Dr. Rinek are friendly and professional. I would definitely recommend Dr. Rinek if you're looking for a dermatologist.
Very meticulous and careful
Dewitt, MI |
Received excellent professional care. All office staff were considerate and knowledgeable. I was taken back to the examination room when my appointment was scheduled and did not have to wait.. I highly recommend Dr. Rinek and am glad I was referred to him by my family doctor.
in East Lansing, MI |
took the time to explain what skin problem I had and how to solve the problem.
in Lansing, MI |
He was so nice and explained everything, I would recommend him to all !
in Falmouth, MI |
Prompt, knowledgeable and professional service. Takes time to listen to your concerns and totally explains treatment options and follow up care.
Lansing, MI |
Very thorough doctor, very knowledgeable
in Mason MI |
I feel very confident with Dr Rinek checking my body for skin cancers...he found a place that definitely needed to be taken off and it was in the middle of my back and I was not aware it was even there!!
I'm very satisfied with the care at received at Dr. Rinek's office, my experience with Sara was also very positive. I plan to continue having check-ups at Forefront Dermatology.
in Holt, MI |
Dr. Rinek is very personable and informative. He never makes you feel rushed. He listens to you and answers your questions. Thorough, friendly, and professional describe Dr. Rinek and his staff. I will definitely recommend this physician.
in Lansing, MI |
Dr Rinek has a kind disposition and gentle demeanor, his skill as both an effective physician as well as excellent communicator is reflected in his practice.
Bath, MI |
I have been completely happy with my treatment with Dr Rinek. I would remmend him to anyone looking for a dermatologist.
in Holt, MI |
My wife and I have been seeing Dr, Rinek for years and full-heartedly recommend him for any dermatology issues.
Bradenton, FL |
Been a patient of Dr. Rinek's for many years. He's outstanding - very professional, knowledgeable, and I would recommend him highly.
Mason, MI |
I have been a patient for 20 years or more and I'm completely satisfied
East Lansing, MI |
Excellent experience in office visits to Dr. Rinek.
in Lansing, MI |
I recently had a visit with Dr. Rinek for my yearly skin checkup. I had several skin lesions removed and they are healing nicely. Dr. Rinek is always very cheerful and answers all my questions.
Lansing, MI |
Professional, friendly staff. Calm and relaxing atmosphere. Dr. Rinek was very approachable, very kind, and very communicative. I appreciated his thoroughness and expertise, and would recommend him to everyone.
Grand Ledge, MI |
Absolutely great service and tremendous communication with the patient during exams and procedures. I have recommended Dr Rinek many times.
in Mason, Mi |
Dr. Rinek is very professional and always takes VERY GOOD care of my skin.
in Holt, MI |
I have gone to Dr. Rinek for years and he is the best! Staff is courteous and fun, as well as professional.
After being a little unhappy with my dermatologist my primary doctor referred me to Dr. Rinek. I am please to say I have seen him several times now and am very happy with my whole experience. He is very knowledgeable and explains things thoroughly. I also find it a pleasant experience that my appointments run on schedule if not early when I arrive so.
in East Lansing, MI |
Seeing Dr. Rinek is always a pleasure. He's well educated, witty, and very concise. I also feel that he always spends enough time with me; he's not a "doorway dermatologist" who barely looks at you before making a diagnosis. He's also willing to answer any questions you have related to your care without an air of impatience or that you're wasting his time.
Okemos, MI |
I have been seeing Dr. Rinek for many years. He has taken care of both my husband and I and our two children. We have always been very satisfied with the care we have received from him over the years. We trust his opinion in all things related to our skin care and are confident that he will use the latest techniques and methods to deal with any problems that we have. He is kind and caring as well.
in Spotsylvania, VA |
Excellent experience. Staff is friendly, attentive and professional. Exam was complete. All questions answered. Treatment was appropriate.
Lansing, MI |
Dr. Rinek is a very knowledgeable and professional physician. I would highly recommend him and his office to anyone.
Excellent experience in addressing and treating several dermatology issues.
St. John's , Mi |
Got right in at appointed time, addressed my concerned areas, would definitely recommend him for treatment. Thank you!
in East Lansing, MI |
Dr. Rinek is very knowledgeable; he can glance at a skin lesion, and knows right away if it should be of concern or not. He states the medical term and then explains it in plain English. Dr. Rinek relates well to his patients. He is personable, but also very efficient. I think he has his technical staff well-organized to assist him at the start of the office visit, and in taking notes regarding his diagnosis.
Thank you for the positive feedback, 5 star rating and taking the time to post a review.
in Dewitt, MI |
Appointment with Dr. Rinek was very courteous, professional and informative. Staff were courteous as well. Would (and have in the past) recommend Dr. Rinek to anyone.
Jackson, MI |
My brother referred Dr Rinek to me and I would recommend him to others.
Grand Ledge, MI |
Have been going to Dr. Rinek for a long time. He is an excellent dermatologist
in Okemos, MI |
My whole experience at Frontline Dermatology was OUTSTANDING! I would highly recommend Frontline Dermatology to anyone in need of dermatology service. From start to finish, a first class operation.
in East Lansing, MI |
Very nice doctor, very professional and he gave me excellent advice. I would trust him with any dermatologic problem. I am very satisfied.
in Roscommon, MI |
Dr. Rinek was so very gentle and easy to talk with. Very comfortable.
in Lansing, MI |
I really enjoy Dr. Rineks candor and efficiency.
Excellent exam
in Holt, MI |
As I was very nervous about the procedure I was about to have everyone from the receptionists to the nurses to Dr Rinek made me feel very comfortable. all information they gave me before my appointment helped me understand everything I was going thru.
in east lansing, mI |
Professional knowledge and experience, spends reasonable amount of time with patient, listens to patient concerns and shows that he cares about my issues.
I have seen Dr Rinek 4 times in the last 2 months. His patient care and bed side manner are top notch. He is always willing to listen to my concerns and will answer any questions I may have.
in Dewitt, MI |
Always very professional and listens to my concerns.
St. Johns, MI |
Dr. is top notch. He is a very good doctor and a very nice doctor.
in Holt, MI |
I am entirely confident of the care given me by Dr. Rinek. His training and experience are long and deep. His manner in the office is caring and unhurried, allowing for questions or feedback as appropriate. I am very happy to have Dr. Rinek as a healthcare provider for me.
Have you seen Dr. Mitchell Rinek, MD?

Visit Dr. Rinek

Dr. Rinek accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.