Dr. Mitchell A. Rinek, MD

Dr. Mitchell A. Rinek, MD

53 reviews

Dermatology | Male | 69 years old

Dr. Rinek is a Board-Certified Dermatologist and a trained Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgeon. He completed a preceptorship with Dr. Frederick Mohs, inventor of Mohs Surgery. His professional areas of interest are skin cancer detection and treatment and Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery.Read more

Forefront Dermatology - East Lansing

Forefront Dermatology is committed to providing the most innovative, leading-edge and appropriate medical dermatology solutions for healthy and beautiful skin. Whether you're suffering from an unexplained chronic skin condition, are embarrassed by acne or want a thorough skin cancer screening, we help detect problems before they become critical, physically or emotionally, and treat all diseases involving the skin, hair and nails. Our patients come to us with medical problems they can see and feel. We respect their unique reactions to these conditions, and we understand the effect they have on their lives. We address each patient with empathy, and we design personalized treatment recommendations that respect the whole person, inside and out.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Rinek's Experience

See how Dr. Rinek's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rinek

Dr. Rinek accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Rinek's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rinek to family and friends
Dr. Rinek's Performance
Lansing, MI |
Professional, friendly staff. Calm and relaxing atmosphere. Dr. Rinek was very approachable, very kind, and very communicative. I appreciated his thoroughness and expertise, and would recommend him to everyone.
Grand Ledge, MI |
Absolutely great service and tremendous communication with the patient during exams and procedures. I have recommended Dr Rinek many times.
in Mason, Mi |
Dr. Rinek is very professional and always takes VERY GOOD care of my skin.
in Holt, MI |
I have gone to Dr. Rinek for years and he is the best! Staff is courteous and fun, as well as professional.
After being a little unhappy with my dermatologist my primary doctor referred me to Dr. Rinek. I am please to say I have seen him several times now and am very happy with my whole experience. He is very knowledgeable and explains things thoroughly. I also find it a pleasant experience that my appointments run on schedule if not early when I arrive so.
in East Lansing, MI |
Seeing Dr. Rinek is always a pleasure. He's well educated, witty, and very concise. I also feel that he always spends enough time with me; he's not a "doorway dermatologist" who barely looks at you before making a diagnosis. He's also willing to answer any questions you have related to your care without an air of impatience or that you're wasting his time.
Okemos, MI |
I have been seeing Dr. Rinek for many years. He has taken care of both my husband and I and our two children. We have always been very satisfied with the care we have received from him over the years. We trust his opinion in all things related to our skin care and are confident that he will use the latest techniques and methods to deal with any problems that we have. He is kind and caring as well.
in Spotsylvania, VA |
Excellent experience. Staff is friendly, attentive and professional. Exam was complete. All questions answered. Treatment was appropriate.
Lansing, MI |
Dr. Rinek is a very knowledgeable and professional physician. I would highly recommend him and his office to anyone.
Excellent experience in addressing and treating several dermatology issues.
St. John's , Mi |
Got right in at appointed time, addressed my concerned areas, would definitely recommend him for treatment. Thank you!
in East Lansing, MI |
Dr. Rinek is very knowledgeable; he can glance at a skin lesion, and knows right away if it should be of concern or not. He states the medical term and then explains it in plain English. Dr. Rinek relates well to his patients. He is personable, but also very efficient. I think he has his technical staff well-organized to assist him at the start of the office visit, and in taking notes regarding his diagnosis.
Thank you for the positive feedback, 5 star rating and taking the time to post a review.
in Dewitt, MI |
Appointment with Dr. Rinek was very courteous, professional and informative. Staff were courteous as well. Would (and have in the past) recommend Dr. Rinek to anyone.
Jackson, MI |
My brother referred Dr Rinek to me and I would recommend him to others.
Grand Ledge, MI |
Have been going to Dr. Rinek for a long time. He is an excellent dermatologist
in Okemos, MI |
My whole experience at Frontline Dermatology was OUTSTANDING! I would highly recommend Frontline Dermatology to anyone in need of dermatology service. From start to finish, a first class operation.
in East Lansing, MI |
Very nice doctor, very professional and he gave me excellent advice. I would trust him with any dermatologic problem. I am very satisfied.
in Roscommon, MI |
Dr. Rinek was so very gentle and easy to talk with. Very comfortable.
in Lansing, MI |
I really enjoy Dr. Rineks candor and efficiency.
Excellent exam
in Holt, MI |
As I was very nervous about the procedure I was about to have everyone from the receptionists to the nurses to Dr Rinek made me feel very comfortable. all information they gave me before my appointment helped me understand everything I was going thru.
in east lansing, mI |
Professional knowledge and experience, spends reasonable amount of time with patient, listens to patient concerns and shows that he cares about my issues.
I have seen Dr Rinek 4 times in the last 2 months. His patient care and bed side manner are top notch. He is always willing to listen to my concerns and will answer any questions I may have.
in Dewitt, MI |
Always very professional and listens to my concerns.
St. Johns, MI |
Dr. is top notch. He is a very good doctor and a very nice doctor.
in Holt, MI |
I am entirely confident of the care given me by Dr. Rinek. His training and experience are long and deep. His manner in the office is caring and unhurried, allowing for questions or feedback as appropriate. I am very happy to have Dr. Rinek as a healthcare provider for me.
Okemos, MI |
Wonderful dermatologist.
in East Lansing, MI |
Dr. Rinek is punctuated, well organized, thoughtful and knowledgeable. I enjoy his dry wit and he gives me great care.
in East Lansing |
Dr. Rinek is an excellent physician. I have been a patient for over 25 years and he has treated me for a variety of dermatogical issues, all to my 100% satisfaction. Further our entire family has been treated by Dr. Rinek with excellent results. He is the only doctor I know who is ON TIME for his patients! He runs a very efficient office which reflects his preciseness in his medical skills.
in East Lansing, MI |
Competent, caring, great staff, value patient's time demonstrated by appoints occuring at time scheduled.
in Bath, MI |
I am completely satisfied with all of the Appts over the last several years. Dr Rinek is thorough and explains every procedure he is doing. You feel like he remembers you even though the Appts may have been yearly. Very professional. I do recommend my friends to go see him when needed. I will be sorry to see him retire.
in Lansing, MI |
Dr. Rinek is a very skilled, efficient, and personable physician. He was recommended to me several years ago by one of his patients, and I in turn have recommended him to others.
in Westphalia, MI |
Dr. Rinek is very professional, and describes what he is looking at in medical terminology and at the same time explain where a patient can understand what is occurring. The staff he has there also makes you feel very welcome and comfortable.
in Ithaca, MI |
Dr Rinek was very professional but not cold & clinical. He explained things to me in a way that made sense.
Have you seen Dr. Mitchell A. Rinek, MD?

Dr. Rinek says...

Dr. Rinek's Care Philosophy

Dr. Rinek's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Rinek has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rinek's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma