Dr. Mitchell Fagelman, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery | Male

Dr. Mitchell Fagelman, MD
Dr. Mitchell Fagelman, MD is an orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery doctor who practices in Carrollton, TX. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Fagelman is affiliated with Baylor Medical Center at Carrollton, Baylor Medical Center at Frisco, Texas Health Center for Diagnostics and Surgery and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano.

Dr. Fagelman's Care Philosophy

I believe in a conservative, non-operative approach to all orthopedic care when possible. Most shoulder problems can and should be initially treated with non-operative care. Therapy is an incredible tool than can produce incredible results. However, there are times when surgery is the best (not necessarily the only) solution to a particular problem. It is my job to match the best treatment to each individual patient.

Dr. Fagelman's Experience

See how Dr. Fagelman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fagelman

Dr. Fagelman accepts 3 insurance carriers

Dr. Fagelman is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Fagelman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Fagelman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fagelman to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Fagelman Says:

I try very hard to provide good care to my patients. It is an impossible task to be perfect and infallible.  I encourage an open dialog with patients so that I know how to better my practice and better myself.

Dr. Fagelman's Performance
in Lewisville, TX |
Dr. Fagelman is by far the best doctor I have had for any of my health care needs. He performed surgery on both my shoulders for a torn rotator cuff. His bedside manner is the best. He takes genuine care for his patients and answered all my questions. He was very thorough in explaining the procedures and the recovery. Also, his staff, Rich, his P.A., and Lisette, his assistant, are fantastic. They are both warm and friendly and very knowledgeable in their respective field.
in Carrollton, TX |
I have used this Ortho Group numerous times. I had two knee surgeries with Dr Wheless(who has retired) and now have had my rotator cuff surgery with Dr Fagelman. My mother had numerous breaks and repairs in her last few years with a few of the other doctors. I would not consider going anyplace else and I would definitely recommend the group. I grew very fond of both doctors in the extended treatments after surgery. They made me feel like I was family and explained and discussed any questions.
in Sanger, TX |
Dr. Fagelman did a wonderful job with my shoulder (rotator cuff) surgery. This was the 3rd time I had torn my right shoulder and it was a mess. Now 5 months later I am back on the golf course with no pain. He was always very prompt with his office visits with virtually no waiting time. I highly recommend him!
Carrollton, TX |
Fagelman botched rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder, I wasted a year of my active life due to him, I am having the shoulder done again my a real shoulder surgeon in July 2017
in Frisco, TX |
Where to start... Dr. Fagelman has been working on both my shoulders over the last 8 months. First the left then the right. Rotator Cuff Tendon repairs and Biceps Tenodesis. Both Dr. Fagelman and his PA Rich are extremely knowledgeable and easy to understand. Bedside manner exceeds any doctor I have ever had to work with, my own or my spouse's. I would proudly recommend Dr. Fagelman to anyone in need of Orthopedic care to shoulders or elbow.
in The Colony, TX |
My first appointment with Dr. Fagelman was reassuring. I left feeling confident that he was capable of repairing my shoulder and restoring it (his estimate to 90% function).
Carrollton texas |
He is tops. Accurate diagnosed great bedside manner. PA rich is wonderful. B
Frisco, TX |
Great bedside manner spends time with you and answers all questions. The best I have seen.
in Flower Mound, TX |
Fagelman did two shoulder-bicep surgeries on me over a 12 month period. He is great at what he does. I was inquiring about a shoulder replacement due to arthritis and deterioration. Dr Fagelman actually talkme of it and came up with a better solution. Good bedside manner, and someone I would highly recommend. His PA Rich is alos top knotch. Class act all the way around. Scott Smith
Have you seen Dr. Mitchell Fagelman, MD?
Are you Dr. Fagelman?

Compare Dr. Fagelman

Dr. Fagelman's Care Philosophy

I believe in a conservative, non-operative approach to all orthopedic care when possible. Most shoulder problems can and should be initially treated with non-operative care.  Therapy is an incredible tool than can produce incredible results.  However, there are times when surgery is the best (not necessarily the only) solution to a particular problem.  It is my job to match the best treatment to each individual patient.

Dr. Fagelman says...

I have special extra training in shoulder and elbow conditions.  I believe through this training and my experience over the last 10 years in practice that I have a good grasp on various treatment options for different conditions affecting the shoulder and elbow.  I still believe the physical exam in our office is such a valuable tool.  It is so easy in today's world to go straight to an MRI study.  This can often be costly and unnecessary.  This is missing the whole point to our studies and training as doctors.  I put a premium on the in-office evaluation and examination.  It is through this time spent with the patient that I obtain an understanding of the orthopedic condition and the patient gets to know me as well.  There are times when an MRI may be necessary after the first appointment, but not very frequently.

Dr. Fagelman says...

I perform all rotator cuff surgery arthroscopically though small incisions around the shoulder.  This allows for less pain postoperatively and more cosmetic incisions.  Furthermore, it allows me to better evaluate all shoulder pathology than though larger open incisions.

I perform two type of shoulder replacements.  One is a standard shoulder replacement, and, the other is a reverse shoulder replacement.  A reverse replacement is used in patients that have arthritis and a torn rotator cuff.  Furthermore, we can place reverse replacements in patients who might have prior failed surgery/replacements.

I also perform surgery for complex shoulder fractures and all other types of shoulder surgeries.

Elbow surgery is also a very large part of my practice.  I fix complex elbow fractures and also perform total elbow replacements.  I also perform arthroscopic surgery of the elbow as well which can treat arthritis and other painful conditions of the elbow.

Dr. Fagelman says...

Dr. Fagelman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Fagelman has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Fagelman's Board Certifications

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hand Fracture
  • Heel Spur
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Loyola University Medical Center

Completed in 2005

Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania

Completed in 2006

Dr. Fagelman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fagelman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery