Dr. Misop Han, MD

Urology ·  Male · Age 50

Dr. Han

Johns Hopkins Outpatient URO

600 NORTH WOLFE STREET Baltimore, MD 21287

Dr. Misop Han, MD is an urology specialist in Baltimore, MD and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine in 1996 and specializes in urology.

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Han

Dr. Han?
Dr. Han's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Misop Han, MD
Dr. Han responds quick to my E-mail and very passionate to answer any questions I might have. all in all he is one of the best Dr I have ever met. Atakelti
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
The experience with Dr Han and Johns Hopkins Medicine couldn’t have been better. At my first appointment, I was greeted by staff who helped me navigate the patient portal, led me to the proper examination area and prepared me for my examination. Dr Han and his staff were extremely attentive and helpful. All my questions were answered clearly and consicely, and my options were spelled out in detail. The day of my procedure was seamless. Dr Han and staff exceeded all my expectations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
Dr. Han and his staff are AMAZING. They are all very knowledgeable, professional, most importantly very caring. He was very thorough when discussing surgery options for prostate cancer. He was so easy to talk to and he genuinely cares. My Radical Prostatectomy went extremely well. Dr. Han thoroughly went over the procedure on the day of my surgery and did the same postoperative. His follow up is amazing. He and his staff made my surgery, insurance, and financial responsibility smooth.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
Dr Han performed surgery on my husband on May 14, 2018. His office consultation was spot on. His bedside manner is great especially when you're feeling scared and vulnerable. He provided the pathology results within a week as promised and provided sound follow on instructions. He will always have a special place in our heart! ??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Han by Dr. Kissel in anticipation of a partial nephrectomy - Dr. Han and his team were terrific! Words don’t do justice to how great they all are. They were always patient answering questions and clear in describing information I should know. It’s early in my recovery but all seems to have turned out as well as possible. The team projects confidence, compassion and knowledge.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
Dr Han performed a robotic assisted radical prostatectomy on me. I ran into some complications that kept me in the hospital for 3 nights and resulted in me going home with the surgical drain still in place. Even though Dr Han was on vacation the following week, he continued to monitor me through daily emails and phone calls and then came to the hospital on his day off to meet me after an important test (that showed the problem was resolved). He's a very caring and skilled surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
"Your psa is only 7, just get some radiation." My mother's remark & my father's death from radiation treatments convinced me to call the John Hopkins urology dept. I had to pick from a list of doctors on my own. I made the right decision when I picked Dr. Han. His staff is great! From my first appointment I could tell he was someone special. He is a humble doctor that made me feel comfortable the with the robotic surgery. He saved my life & I am cancer free after my one time surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
I had DaVinci radical prostatectomy performed by Dr. Han on January 9. From the preop appointment to postop follow up Dr. Han was outstanding. Recovery has gone better than I expected and Dr. Han has been available for any questions I have had. Dr. Han, the nurses, and all administrative staff at Johns Hopkins were wonderful throughout. There is no doubt that Dr. Han's surgical skills are the reason for the positive outcomes I have experienced thus far. Going to Hopkins was the right decision..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
Dr. Han is a very knowledgeable and patient doctor. His understanding of the cancer process and the removal of it is way past my expectations of anyone grasping this issue. He walks you through every step of the process with recommendations of literature that I highly suggest one reads. His staff, from the medical team to the clinical team to the clerical has been wonderful. Any questions I ever had for them, they responded to immediately. I thank Dr. Han and his staff very much.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
The Best Care Possible. Dr. Han was and is always there for me Before during and after my Prostate surgery. He is a World Class Doctor/Surgeon and I don't say that lightly, but still very accessible and responsive to any of my questions. I could not ask for more.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
I have always felt that Dr Han saved my life. My cancer was a little tough to find. Took more then one biopsy. I have never met a more devoted doctor/surgeon. He talked me through every step of the process and I always knew I was in the best hands possible. He always personally called me with my biopsy results good and bad. After the surgery ha called me to tell me with the pathology report that the cancer was confined to the prostate. I have 0 urinary problems and I have a active sex life!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
This review Is being submitted after careful and serious thought prior to my posting and is solely based on my most unpleasant experience; a lack of bedside manner along with substantial and life-long post-surgical complications that could have been prevented with proper, appropriate surgical precautions and post-operative care. I submit this as a warning to those considering possible care (surgical) by a Dr. Misop Han of Johns Hopkins Urology.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
Dr. Han is both a wonderful physician and person. I am so glad to have found him and to be part of the Johns Hopkins patients community.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
Outstanding and compassionate. Wonderful practical advice and wise clinical guidance. Highly recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
I'm sorry I only have 500 characters for this review! I can't say enough about Dr Han and his staff and all of the Caregivers I encountered during my 18 month journey from diagnosis to successful Prostate surgery. The level of professionalism, patience and kindness exhibited from everyone I encountered were far above anything I have experienced, ever! Dr Han patiently explained my options every step of the way and I can now say that I cancer free. I would highly recommend Dr. Han and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
I consulted with an Oncologist and then Dr. Han about the tumor on my kidney and decided to have Dr. Han perform the surgery because I was impressed with his understanding of the situation, the manner in which he discussed my options with my wife and me, and his professionalism. The surgery was performed successfully on 1/31/17. I've seen Dr. Han three times and every experience has been as good as I hoped for, even the tough conversations. I highly recommend Dr. Min without hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
I have always found him to be concerned and helpful. He performed surgery on me two years ago (computer assisted laparoscopic simple prostatectomy) and the outcome was superb. The surgery was completely successful with no significant side effects and I am now functioning normally. I could not have expected a better outcome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
Dr.Han is a recognized expert in renal cancer surgery. He is very knowledgeable about his specialty and is happy to provide detailed information on all aspects of the procedure. He was very carring before and after he operation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
Dr. Han and Dr. Cofrancesco saved my life. I had no idea that prostate cancer had invaded my body. The entire Hopkins staff were top notch. After 1 year, my PSA is undetectable. God Bless you all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Misop Han, MD?
I HAD A PROSTATE FUSION BIOPSY AT JH BY DR. HAN AND WAS VERY PLEASED WITH HIS CARE,EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE.EVERYTHING WAS CLEARLY EXPLAINED TO ME AND HIS QUICK RESPONSE TO QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS WAS VERY REASSURING. DEFINITELY RECOMMEND DR. HAN!!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Han?

• Urology

Johns Hopkins University School Med
1996
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
1996

• Korean

Dr. Han accepts

Dr. Han accepts the following insurance:

Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Han's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Han's Top Procedures and Conditions

Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance

Dr. Han performs Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Han performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Prostate Removal

Dr. Han performs Prostate Removal more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Han performs this procedure more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Radical Perineal Prostatectomy

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Complete Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureterovesical Junction
  • Cystotomy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Kidney Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Partial Cystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Cyst
  • Prostate Removal
  • Prostatectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Prostatitis
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urinary Bladder Reconstruction With Robotic Assistance
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vasectomy
  • Vesicoureteral Reflux

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Han treats patients.

Compare Providers