Dr. Mirza Baig, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Conroe, TX and has been practicing for 19 years. He specializes in neurosurgery.

Dr. Baig's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Baig

3.7

Dr. Baig?
Dr. Baig's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mirza Baig, MD
I went to Dr. Baig after having a L4-L5 Laminectomy, which did not solve the problem. I had sharp, shooting pain from my lower lumber down my left leg down to my left foot. I experienced foot drop and numbness in my left heal. Dr. Baig did a Microdiscetomy, March 2017, which did nothing. Dr. Baig said there was too much scar tissue from original laminectomy. His solution, Anterior Lumber Interbody Fusion, July 2017. The problem, Dr. Baig left a Pedicle Screw poking my S1 Nerve.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mirza Baig, MD?
Dr Baig did a wonderful job on my wife's procedure. Dr seemed very knowledgeable and professional. His staff how ever completely ruins it. Avoid this place at all cost. Expect an average wait time to be 1-1.5 hours past your appointment time. Don't expect anyone to return any of your calls about concearns during post op.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mirza Baig, MD?
Dr. Baig is a professional, courteous, and knowledgeable doctor. He has excellent manners and explains everything. He answers questions. Together with the patient, a plan is developed to address the pain. I am very happy with my results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mirza Baig, MD?
This surgeon is so awesome, polite, has excellent bed side manners, and listened to what I had to say. I had a disk fusion done on December 5th, 2016 and today is December 16th, 2016. I have absolutely no pain anywhere on my body like I did before the surgery. I have absolutely no pain where my incision is. The only bad thing about this surgery is sleeping with the neck brace but it has to be done to get better. This surgeon I would recommend to anyone that has to have neck/back surgery done.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mirza Baig, MD?
My first visit w/Dr. Baig over 3 years ago, I brought an MRI CD of my neck injury of almost 40 years ago from an auto accident where we flipped a truck & landed upside down. My neck has never been the same, needless to say. After suffering, discomfort & taking pain relievers including muscle relaxers - that almost caused me to lose my job I was told by Dr. Baig that I was a great candidate for ACDF. I even have range of motion almost as good as before. Still minor discomfort but much better!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mirza Baig, MD?
Dr spends 2 minutes then walks out Waited over an hour to see him. His nurses have no follow up and will not take care of you once you walk out of the office. They won't call you or anyone on your behalf even when they promise too. Stay on them. Worst office staff I have ever dealt with. Reported him to primary care doctor and insurance company to take him off the referrsl list. Good luck.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mirza Baig, MD?
I think this Dr is a joke. I would never see him again. Never recommend him to anyone. Did report him to my insurance. The only nice person in that place is Casey. You wait for over a hour just to see Dr for two minutes. Tried to explain how i was feeling didn't listen to me just said muscle spasm and walked out of room. His medical assistant was rude and impatient. Will never go back there.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mirza Baig, MD?
Have not seen dr. Baig in over a year then I had a flare up. Within a weeks time this wonderful dr. Got me in ordered X-rays prescribed me a RX cream got me in in 3 days for steroid injections. He is the most caring educated dr. I have ever had the pleasure of calling MY doctor. I trust him with my life and would go no place else. If you want a dr. Who really knows what he's doing and is there for you go see dr. Baig. Suffering is optional and he can and will find a solution!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mirza Baig, MD?
I had fusion surgery on C 6-7 in 2000. Dr. in Austin knew I had more problems, but he wanted me to wait for better technology on the problems higher up. I waited too long, and my neck and discs were a mess in Novemeber 2015 when I saw Dr. Baig. I brought the CD and report on the MRI and my arm and hand were going numb. Dr Baig scheduled me for first available. Surgery went well though I have titanium plate and screws in 3 levels. He fused C-5/6 thru C-3/4. Highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mirza Baig, MD?
My first appointment with Dr. Baig was great, as he listened attentively to my concerns and answered my questions. Once I'd completed his expensive tests, though, I became worthless to him. On my follow up, he spent five minutes in the room before walking out as my wife was asking a question. Then a nurse informed us that Dr. Baig felt he didn't need to speak to us anymore. We weren't rude, didn't raise our voices, and were polite-- Baig just decided his time was worth more than ours. Avoid.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mirza Baig, MD?
My experienced with Dr Baig is excellent. I was given three names of neurosurgeon but after seeing Dr Baig for consult I knew that day he was the one I trusted to operate my bulging herniated C4-5 disc that has been an injury for over eight years. Dr Baig operated on me and replaced it with the artificial disc. I immediately felt the numbness being gone and the headaches I would have everyday when I will wake up is also gone. Dr Baig has given me my life back and he did a phenomenal job.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mirza Baig, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Baig?

Dr. Baig accepts

Dr. Baig accepts the following insurance:

Coventry Health Care
Group Plan PPO
Open Access HMO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Baig's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Baig's Top Procedures and Conditions

Thoracic Spine Fracture
high
high

Dr. Baig treats Thoracic Spine Fracture more than 83% of his peers

Dr. Baig treats this condition more than 83% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Baig treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 81% of his peers

Dr. Baig treats this condition more than 81% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis
  • Radiculitis
  • Ulnar Neuritis
  • Vestibular Neuritis
Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Dr. Baig performs Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities more than 63% of his peers

Dr. Baig performs this procedure more than 63% of his peers

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Neurosurgery is surgery of the nervous system. A neurological surgeon, or neurosurgeon, is a specialist who is trained in surgery of the nervous system, and can perform surgery on the brain, spinal cord, or other parts of the nervous system. This spe...

• Neurosurgery

Siu
Siu
2000
Howard University
2000

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Baig treats patients.