Dr. Miriam Shapiro, MD

Dr. Miriam Shapiro, MD

Family Medicine  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Miriam Shapiro, MD is a family medicine specialist in Bellingham, WA and has been practicing for 30 years. She graduated from Baylor University in 1988 and specializes in family medicine, adolescent medicine, and more.Read her story

3500 Orchard Pl

Bellingham, WA 98225

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Shapiro

Dr. Shapiro's Experience

Dr. Shapiro's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Shapiro's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Shapiro "I began practicing medicine in Bellingham with Family Health Associates in October 1991. I moved here from Greeley, Colorado, where I completed my family practice residency. Before that I graduated from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. I've also lived in Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Palo Alto. It has been such a privilege and a pleasure to care for my patients for more than two decades. I've delivered babies and watched them grow into adults. I've watched young couples turn into middle-agers, and middle-agers grow into their senior years. Everyone has their own story and unique journey, and I am honored to be a part of that. I stopped delivering babies in 2011. I miss being a part of that special time in a family's life, but I still love taking care of babies once they are born! I also enjoy being able to see my older patients more consistently. I work as a team with two dedicated and skilled assistants to give caring, efficient and comprehensive care. We believe that preventing problems is highly desirable, and we also believe that patients should be informed and engaged as the decision-makers for their own health. Bellingham is now entirely my home, and I can't imagine living anywhere else. My husband Greg and my two daughters are my main focus outside the office. I also enjoy gardening, knitting, reading, dancing, and chocolate."

This content was provided by Dr. Shapiro "I work as a team with two dedicated and skilled assistants to give caring, efficient and comprehensive care. We believe that preventing problems is highly desirable, and we also believe that patients should be informed and engaged as the decision-makers for their own health."

• Adolescent Medicine
  • Adult Medicine
  • Child & Adolescent Medicine
  • Men's Health Medicine
  • Pediatrics
  • Women's Health Medicine

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Baylor University
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • North Colorado Family Medicine

Dr. Shapiro has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shapiro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shapiro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shapiro's Reviews