Dermatology  |
Dr. Miriam Bettencourt, MD
Dr. Miriam Bettencourt, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Henderson, NV. She is 53 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Bettencourt is affiliated with St. Rose Dominican, Rose de Lima Campus and St. Rose Dominican, Siena Campus.

1701 N Green Valley Pkwy # B

Henderson, NV 89074

Dr. Miriam Bettencourt, MD

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Health Net
  • Health Plan of Nevada
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Bettencourt

Our mantra is we listen and we care. We provide excellence in dermatological care.

Dr. Bettencourt's Experience

Dr. Bettencourt's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Adverse Drug Reactions
  • Age Spots
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lichen Sclerosis Et Atrophicus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Surgery
  • Venous Sclerotherapy
  • Wart Removal

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Duke University Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Duke University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Duke University Med Center

• leadership forum american academy of dermatology, 2007

Dr. Bettencourt has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Bettencourt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bettencourt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bettencourt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bettencourt to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Bettencourt's Performance
in Henderson |
Dr. Bettencourt is extremely hurried and spent very little time with me, and although she asks, "do you have any questions?", she constantly cut me off before I could ask the question. In two incidences like that actually, said, "wait a minute, I'm writing something!" Then she pointed at my wife, who was allowed in the examining room, and said, you-I need you out of here right now!" Very rude and not respectful, also to her staff in front of me criticizing them openly.
Henderson, NV |
Not only was I very pleased with Dr. Bettencourt and her staff, I made an appointment for my son before I even left, and sent my husband all the information he needed to make his own appointment. I would definitely see her again and am confident in her treatment.
Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Bettencourt is knowledgeable and sensitive to your privacy. She has been taking care of my family's skincare needs for a few months and we have all seen improvement. Her staff is professional and polite. She does her best not to make us wait too long and she always listens to all of us. I would recommend Dr. Bettencourt to my friends and of course my family.
Henderson, NV |
I'm a 64 year old male. I have a history of keloid scaring. I had two hard keloid scars that several other Dermatologists tried to flatten without success. Dr. Bettencourt did a series of keloid injections and permanently flattened my keloid scars; and improved the appearance of the scars as well. I will definitely keep Dr. Bettencourt as my Dermatologist for all my skin care needs.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Several billing problems have occurred over the years and continue to this day. 1) failure to bill insurance 2) unavailable staff member assigned to discuss billing errors 3) continuous assignment of new account numbers 4) PPO over billing with copayments 5) no answer to billing messages left
She is very caring, extremely competant and a great Physician. Bill Springgate
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr B's office has the best team of medical staff I have seen in a long, long time. Despite the doctor being super busy, she still took the time to make me feel like I was the only patient there. She's also incredibly competent. I recommend the Bettencourt Skin Center as first rate!
in Henderson, NV |
Great! I'd given higher rating, but staff over books appointments creating a hostile wait-time experience. Also, my last appt. after explaining it had to be by a certain date , later calls back & say I have to reschedule after the date I needed because of my insurance with no regards to my needs!
in Henderson, NV |
Dr. Bettencourt is both professional and personable. She has been caring for my skin cancer needs for several years and she remains supportive and informative as I receive treatments. I highly recommend Dr. Bettencourt!
in Henderson, NV |
Highly referred by my MDV IP physician Found her knowledgeable thorough and very proactive in her practice Have the utmost confidence being in her care.
Las Vegas, NV |
I have been seeing her regularly for years. She is competent, explains things, and the several MOHS surgeries she has done have turned out well. The staff is courteous and efficient. I would highly recommend her.
in Henderson, NV |
Dr. Bettencourt was able to diagnose and treat a recurring skin condition that several dermatologists and rheumatologists had failed to recognize. She is extremely professional, and willing to spend the time to listen and thoroughly explain things. I am lucky I found her. Her staff is courteous, friendly and highly efficient. I have been her patient for over two years, now, and I highly recommend her.
in Henderson, NV |
Dr. Bettencourt is the best dermatologist we have found in the Las Vegas/Henderson area. She is incredibly knowledgeable and dedicated to her patients. Her bedside manner is friendly, caring and focused on her patient. Everyone in the office from the front desk to the exam rooms displays the same kind of patient care. Would recommend her to everyone and have already done so. We feel lucky to have her as our dermatologist.
in Henderson, NV |
Very knowledgeable and friendly to her patients
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Bettencourt is, hands down, the best dermatologist in the city. I have seen her for everything from rashes to mole checks (which I think everyone with our sun should have). She is brilliant, and can literally diagnose you with a glance. She is also a Mohs surgeon, which means that she has the highest training that exists for skin cancer. She has removed precancerous moles for me with minimal scarring. My daughters have seen her for acne, which completely cleared up under her treatment.
in Henderson, NV |
I am a 70 year native Southern Nevada resident and an active outdoor enthusiasts, who was not fully aware of sun protection. The past 20 years, I have been a patient of Dr. Bettencourt, who has displayed outstanding knowledge, understanding, and education of the skin damage to myself over the years. I have had the MOHS procedure and regular checkups since my first visit. Dr. Bettencourt has always displayed professionalism, consideration, and efficiency with her practice. ED BORLA
in Henderson, NV |
Dr Bettencourt is extremely professional, knowledgeable and qualified in her profession. She is very thorough and caring with her patients. I have had treatments from her for over 15 years, including melanoma care. I highly recommend her.
in Henderson, NV |
I started to see Dr. Bettencourt 10 ears ago because I had numerous pre cancer issues on my skin. She has cleared all of this up and remove several cancerous growths from my face and ears. Now ,thanks to her my skin is in excellent condition. Her staff is efficient and courteous and I seldom have to wait to for long periods of time due poor scheduling. Dr. Bettencourt has an excellent bedside manner with genuine concern for her patients..
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Bettencourt is extremely knowledgable and very caring. She has patience and is very honest. She is a great Doctor.
in Henderson, NV |
I am and have been a patient of Dr. Bettencourt for over ten years. She has always corrected the problem and in my case problems. She will talk to her patients about their problems and that is vital for any good Doctor.
in Henderson, NV |
I am completely satisfied with Dr. Bettencourt as my dermatologist after many years. Office staff ranges from time to time from very good to not very good.
in Henderson, NV |
She always spends plenty of time to me to check me out and follow up. Great to work with.
in Henderson, NV |
Dr. Bettencourt has an excellent bedside manner. She is Duke trained and an expert at her craft. Be sure to thoroughly explain the purpose for your visit to her nurse so she can zero in on your issues immediately. She has always been a leader in choosing the best skincare products and is highly knowledgeable in addressing all of my skin related concerns. On more than one occasion she identified and removed pre cancerous spots on me. She's a lifesaver.
Las Vegas, NV |
I have been going to Dr. Bettencourt for over 10 years and feel confident in her abilities, diagnosis and treatments.
in Henderson, NV |
My doctor from another insurance could not perform my surgery because it was in a very delicate place in my face, so I went to Dr. Bettencourt and she did an excellent job, my other doctor could not believe how good she did, he said it looked like a plastic surgery! I do recomend this doctor a lot !
in Henderson, NV |
I have had skin cancer twice, and both times, Dr. Bettencourt dispatched it with unparalleled skill and minimal scarring, despite what she had to deal with. She has always been friendly and attentive. I have a good number of professional friends, many of whom are doctors, and they all recommended Dr. Bettencourt as the best dermatologist in town. I could not recommend her more highly.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Bettencourt is a top-notch doctor! She is knowledgeable, thorough, compassionate--in short, everything one could want in a professional! She takes the time to listen to your concerns, and gives a very meticulous examination. I wholeheartedly recommend her!!!
Henderson, NV |
Dr. Bettencourt is one of the top physicians I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. She is very thorough and professional, and she has expertise in psoriasis that I have not seen before. She is heavily involved in patient care and conducts research for new drugs. She also is recognized for speaking around the world about Dermatology. I would highly recommend her to anyone.
in Las Vegas, NV |
We have continued to faithfully go to Dr. Bettencourt for regular checkups. I find her to be very professional, extremely skilled, very caring, and always willing to listen attentively to any concerns I might have. I HIGHLY recommend her.
in Henderson, NV |
Dr. Bettencourt is an excellent dermatologist. She has a wonderful approach and gives the patient the time needed. I have been to a few dermatologist in town and she is the first to be thorough with a full body exam. I appreciate the time she takes with me on each visit. Her office staff is always friendly and helpful as well. I would highly recommend her!
in Henderson, NV |
I'm so happy I found Dr. Bettencourt! Staff was so nice and I didn't feel rushed and actually felt like she was listening to my concerns!
in Henderson, NV |
My husband and I started our doctor patient relationship with Dr. Bettencourt over thirteen years ago. She gave a free skin cancer screening at Sun City Anthem and we have been her patients ever since then. Dr. Bettencourt is an excellent doctor and she is highly regarded in her profession. She is asked to share her expertise all over the world.
in Las Vegas, NV |
She is the best Skin Dr. I ever had, I have skin cancer and my family too, she performed mohs surgery in my forehead, I am very happy with it. I go to her office 3-4 times per year for the last 8 years, I will recommend Dr. Bettencourt to anyone out there for skin cancer and skin disorders. I will give her A+ Excellent rating the way explains & recommends what to do & what not to do.
I highly recommend Dr Bettencourt to anyone looking for a great dermatologist! I have been to many dermatologists and I can say that nobody has explained things to me the way she does. She is very knowledgable in her profession and our skin is so important!
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Bettencourt is friendly, knowledgable, and skillful. She approaches every patient as an individual and takes her time to explain medical terminology. Recommended highly!
in Henderson, NV |
Without a doubt, my husband and I know that Dr. Bettencourt is the best Dermatologist. I know of only a few physicians who are as dedicated, conscientious and caring as Dr. Bettencourt. She takes good care of us, spends enough time and listens carefully to what we say. We have been patients for over 12 years and we highly recommend her!
in Henderson, NV |
Dr Bettencourt is a wonderful doctor. She takes time to listen, diagnose and treat various skin problems. I would recommend her to anyone.
in Henderson, NV |
My entire family sees Dr. Bettencourt and has for many years. I have recommended many friends to her over the years. We have all lived in Las Vegas for years and were sun worshippers when we were younger and I feel having the best dermatologist is paramount. I am confident that when I see her twice a year that she is not going to miss a thing. I know I have the best care ever.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Bettencourt is the true example of compassion and care for her patients. She is extremely thorough, listens to all concerns and always do a whole body check, no matter what you are there to see her for. A patient advocate indeed. She is an outstanding physician and individual.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Bettencourt is brilliant in her field of practice! She would also make a phenomenal psychiatrist, as she is a wonderful listener and truly cares about the well being of her patients. I have been her patient for many years. Prior to being her patient, I was seen by other dermatologists in Clark County and I was NOT impressed. Dr. Bettencourt is a thorough doctor who takes her time with her patients, listens, and develops plans that work for her patients. Personally, I feel she is both b
in Henderson, NV |
I have been under Dr Bettencourt's care for many years and she has proven herself to be a caring and outstanding professional in many ways. For basic evaluations and in case of a recent emergency without her support I would have been in serious health jeopardy. I can recommend her with all the confidence I have experienced over the years
She took my right away. They won't realse me from the hospital without an app... She had one the next day, the staff know my name, when i got there.. Within 20 min , including pepper work, I was seeing the doctor. Very personal, and caring about me, I had to go through s biopsy , which got me really anxiety.. And the staff was very caring and calming! I recommend this place to everyone.
in Henderson, NV |
Dr was professional and knowledgeable. Answered questions. Staff was friendly and efficient.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Most of the reviews I've read online have been accurate. Dr. Bettencourt rushes patients in and out, seems to care little about their well being, her staff is mostly incompetent, etc. Stay away from this business. Its main concern is making money.
in Henderson, NV |
The doctor is not actually in her office and uses a PA to perform procedures. They charge $185 just for an office visit. They also told me that the doctor refuses to see anyone under the age of 40.
Have you seen Dr. Miriam Bettencourt, MD?
Are you Dr. Bettencourt?

Visit Dr. Bettencourt

Dr. Bettencourt accepts 17 insurance carriers
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nevada POS
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nevada PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Federal Employee Program