Dr. Miran Choi, MD

Dr. Miran Choi, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Miran Choi, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Berkeley, CA and has been practicing for 17 years. She specializes in psychiatry.Read her story

Miran Choi MD

2305 Ashby Ave

Berkeley, CA 94705

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Choi's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Choi's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

As a solution-focused therapist, my goal is to help you uncover your true potential and lead a life that is worth celebrating. While we can't change difficult situations of the past, we can work together to better understand and resolve challenges in...

• Psychiatry

4.1

Dr. Choi?
Dr. Choi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Miran Choi, MD
When I met Dr. Choi I had been on various meds for over 15 years, and I had tried, unsuccessfully, with 2 different psychiatrists to wean off. Dr. Choi helped me get off my meds safely. She brought new ideas to my case that no other psychiatrist had tried, such as medication compounding to taper meds more gradually and genetic testing to see how my body processed medication. Her novel approach turned out to be the key to helping me reach my goals. I highly recommend Dr. Choi.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miran Choi, MD?
Dr. Choi was very clear, compassionate and enthusiastic about helping me figure out what was best for me and my lifestyle. I had never been on any medication prior to my visit and she really helped de-stigmatize the process and help me become the best version of myself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miran Choi, MD?
Very kind. Very helpful. I always felt that Dr. Choi deeply cared. She went above and beyond any psychiatrist I’ve ever had before.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miran Choi, MD?
I saw Dr. Choi for almost three years and the only reason I am no longer seeing her is because of insurance changes. My experiences with her were nothing but positive. I have seen many psychiatrists who spent only enough time with me to write a prescription and charge the co-pay but Dr. Choi is not one of those doctors. I felt as though she genuinely cared about me and my health and when I was in crisis she always spent the necessary time amount of to talk with me and help me process.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miran Choi, MD?
I was referred to Miran by the Tang Center while a student at Berkeley. Miran is a very difficult psychiatrist to work with. Each session seems a bit like an interrogation and she is a mostly cold and insensitive person. She occasionally surprised me with how kind and compassionate she could be, but when she is in a bad mood it really affected how she treated me and I wished several times that I hadn't decided to keep seeing her. If you can find another psychiatrist you like, avoid Miran Choi.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miran Choi, MD?
She was incredibly helpful, understanding, and easy to talk to. I recommended her to several of my friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miran Choi, MD?
I saw Dr Choi mostly for medication management, once a month. She was willing to speak to my therapist when I would ask her to, since I saw my therapist weekly. She also helped me navigate an issue I was having with my insurance. Since I saw her monthly and at different times of the day, it was easy for me to forget our appointment, so it was extremely helpful when a couple days before our appointment, Dr Choi would send me a reminder and ask for confirmation of our appointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miran Choi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Choi?

Miran Choi MD