Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Minisha Sood, MD
Dr. Sood is a board-certified Endocrinologist who is highly-regarded by her peers and patients. She provides excellent comprehensive Endocrine care using her ample clinical experience, the latest research and techniques and a patient-centered approach. Dr Sood recognizes that every patient is unique and creates a stress-free environment to truly understand and address her patients' individual healthcare needs. Dr. Sood has been named by her peers to Super Doctors® Rising Stars in 2014, 2015 and 2016 in The New York Times Magazine. She was also the recipient of the first Leadership Award at Lenox Hill Hospital in 2014. Dr. Sood's media appearances include those on NY1, CBS, WPIX11 and she has contributed to numerous news articles about various Endocrine topics including diabetes, polycystic ovary syndrome, thyroid disease and osteoporosis.

1080 5th Ave # 1A

New York, NY 10128

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Sood

I treat the patient, not the disease.  I pay special attention to my patients' readiness to address their condition(s) and provide them with the information and expertise needed to make the best treatment decisions possible.  As a commitment to excellent patient care, I communicate with my patients in a clear and timely manner to share all pertinent information.  I believe in a comprehensive approach to disease management tailored to a patient's individual needs while involving my patients in all aspects of their care.  All patients and families, regardless of race, gender, age or socioeconomic status, deserve to be treated with dignity, compassion and respect.

Dr. Sood's Experience

Dr. Sood's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Hypopituitarism
  • Hyposmolality and Hyponatremia
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Pituitary Disease

• Hormone Replacement Therapy
  • Insulin Pump Therapy
  • Thyroid Biopsy
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Cornell University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University
    Medical School | Graduated 2004
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2005
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Sood has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sood does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sood and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sood's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sood to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Sood Says:

I encourage my patients to provide thoughtful, constructive feedback based on their experiences with me.  I value that feedback tremendously and use it to continually improve my approach to patient care.  I exercise as much control as I can over scheduling and I do my best to accommodate requests for urgent appointments.  If a patient has specific concerns regarding their visit...

Dr. Sood's Performance
New York, NY |
My experience with Dr. Sood has been amazing since the start. I searched high and low for a reputable Endocrinologist and I am lucky to have found her. The office runs exceptionally well and though she doesn't take insurance, it is well worth the expense to feel that my care is top notch. I recommend Dr. Sood to all of my friends and family members.
in New York, NY |
Long ago, soon after I saw Dr. Sood for the first time, I posted some online reviews mentioning that I was very satisfied. At this point, I have been a patient of Dr. Sood's for five plus years. Her knowledge base, dedication, and overall patient-interaction are unimpeachable. Any negative reviews in my opinion are suspicious, or downright fake. She is quite simply...the best.
New York, NY |
Dr. Sood is not only a great physician who is very thorough but she also has a great bedside manner. I highly recommend her to all my colleagues and friends who are looking for an endocrinologist.
New York, NY |
Dr. Sood is a very kind, caring, and compassionate physician. She listens and takes your concerns and symptoms seriously and provides thoughtful and personalized care. She is very knowledgeable about endocrinology and the latest studies and applies her knowledge to provide excellent care. She is an amazing doctor and is highly recommended!!
in New York, NY |
You simply cannot find a finer , brighter, or more compassionate endocrinologist than Dr. Sood. Trust me when I tell you that you will not be disappointed by following her for your endocrine needs.
Livingston, NJ |
My experience with Dr Sood after 3 visits and giving her a chance was Judy horrifying. I was very sick and needed a doctor who could help me and not judge me, have a condescending attitude Andy awful bedside manner. Please stay away from this horrible doctor.
in New Rochelle, NY |
Besides being very knowledgeable in her field of Endocrinolgy, Dr. Sood is very thorough in her assessment and follow up. She is caring and has excellent bedside manners. I could not have enlisted a more caring physician with my health. I am a very happy consumer.
Have you seen Dr. Minisha Sood, MD?
Are you Dr. Sood?

See our Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center

Visit Dr. Sood