Dr. Mini Abraham, MD

Dr. Mini Abraham, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |

Mini R. Abraham, MD joined the tradition of caring at Overland Park Medical Specialists and the active medical staff of Overland Park Regional Medical Center. As an endocrinologist, Dr. Abraham specializes in diabetes management, as well as the treatment of thyroid, pituitary, adrenal gland diseases and osteoporosis. Dr. Abraham is available for inpatient or outpatient consultation. She is board-certified with the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Endocrinology and Metabolism. Dr. Abraham attended medical school at the Medical College of Kottayam, University of Kerala, India. She then completed her residency in Internal Medicine and her fellowship in Endocrinology at SIU School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois.

Learn about Dr. Abraham

Dr. Abraham's Experience

Dr. Abraham's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  • Board certified in Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

This content was provided by Dr. Abraham "I am a member of Midwest Physicians, an integrated, multi-specialty group that strives to provide high quality, compassionate healthcare in a caring, affordable, timely and accessible manner. Our doctors collaborate with patients, their physician colleagues and other healthcare professionals to help ensure each patient s individual healthcare needs are met."

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Diabetes Counseling

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• Kottayam Medical College Mahatma Gandhi University
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Med College Kottayam
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
  • Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Abraham has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Abraham does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abraham and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Abraham's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abraham to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Abraham's Performance
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Abraham is excellent. She listens, explains and shares the honest truth. I always get the feeling that she read the notes in my file from our previous visit before she enters the exam room. (This is not a feeling I get in office visits with other doctors). Always discuss test results and fully answers all my questions. I never feel rushed during my visits. The staff is friendly, professional and helpful. Phone calls are returned promptly. Betty L Shelton
Kansas City, KS |
I paid my expensive co-pay only to have her tell me to eat healthy. She made no effort to figure out why I was feeling miserable and what was causing my symptoms, all because my test results were "normal."
Overland Park, KS |
I had my first appointment with Dr Abraham and found her to be a very caring physician. I learned more from her regarding my issue than I had ever learned from any other doctor. I have another appointment. I would highly recommend Dr. Abraham to all parties seeking an endocrinologist.
Kansas City, MO |
Very thorough with her assessment, talking to the patient. She knows her stuff. You just have to follow the guides!!
Blue Springs, MO |
I have been seeing Dr. Abraham for 10 years and she is kind, knowledgable and always takes her time with me.
Chicago, IL |
Dr Abraham has been incredible to me as I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. She is compassionate and organized which is exactly what someone needs when they are in a time of stress. She is amazing!
in Olathe, KS |
I am nearly 80 years old. Dr. Abraham rates as one of the best doctors I have had during my lifetime. She is very knowledgeable and friendly. She takes time to explain things to me in a clear and easy to understand way. I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to receive professional and high quality health care.
Topeka, KS |
I appreciate that Dr Abraham always takes the time to explain and make sure I understand the information and questions she has answered for me. Thank you.
Shawnee, KS |
Very easy to get an appointment, without a long wait time. Staff was very helpful and courteous. The waiting area was very nice even though we did not have to wait long before being taken to the exam room. The nurse and Doctor both listen to you questions and make sure you understand their explanations.
Olathe, KS |
I'd had Diabetes II for many years when I came to Dr. Abraham. I expressed my regret at how much time I'd wasted not taking care of myself. Her response was "Well you're here today and you can start doing better from today." That was so encouraging.
in Leavenworth, KS |
I have been seeing Dr. Abraham for several years now. She assists me with managing my diabetes. She is EXTREMELY professional and takes the time to personally interact with her patients. I would recommend her 100 % to any one who is dealing with diabetes related issues.
in Overland Park, KS |
My visits with Dr. Abraham are always informative and thorough, she takes the time to educate me and make recommendations as to how I can better control my health issues. She is positive and upbeat
in Overland Park, KS |
Always good tips and suggestions on managing my diabetes. Listens and discusses.
Overland Park, KS |
I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone. Since she doesn't have a time to seat with patients to explain or discuss on their questions. Also her staff is worst. Very arrogant and rude...
in Shawnee, KS |
The most help I gotten from this DR. She lets you know every thing you are dealing with and helps understand what you need to do to help your self to get on the right right track with your meds. Just get to know her.
in Kingsville, MO |
Dr. Abraham has been my doctor for 10+ years and I have never found anyone so compassionate and caring. Besides that, Dr. Abraham has always explained things well and has made good recommendations about medications and surgery. There is none better. I regret that this month is the end of our work together, as we are moving out of state. I know I will never be able to find a new doctor that is anywhere near what Dr. Abraham has been for me. Thanks X 100%. Lena Nelson
Kansas City, MO |
I've been Dr. Abraham's patient for 6 months for hypothyroid symptoms that continue to get worse. During 6 months, she ran 3 TSH/free T4 tests. She never checked FT3, thyroid antibodies or rT3 even though my symptoms continued, she said the tests were "normal" but changed my med to a more expensive brand and DOUBLED my dosage. None of her test results were shared back with my primary physician (even though the staff repeatedly claimed doing so). Go elsewhere for better care & service.
in Belton |
Dr. Abraham is truly exceptional. From the first appointment, I have felt completely at ease with her, and the ability to get real, straight answers to all of my questions. I have been a patient for 5 years, and she has been with me through one surgery. I would encourage anyone who needs Endocrinology services to seek her out. PS, I don't like doctors as a rule.....
in Overland Park, KS |
Dr. Abraham is a very caring doctor. I love how she comes in and sits down to talk with me. She gives me the unvarnished truth but does her best to avoid adding medication where she believes lifestyle changes can make an impact. Her office staff is always professional and helpful, returning messages quickly and usually the same day.
in Olathe, KS |
I have been a patient for years. She cares about my well-being. My hypothyroid levels are controlled on the prescribed medication regiment. Dr. Abraham spends time to educate patients about how their thyroid disorder effects their health and appropriate medication/monitoring. Staff are friendly and efficient.
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Abraham cares about the health and well-being of her patients. She takes time to answer questions and is thoughtful about individual patient needs and preferences. She stays up to date on guidelines and medications. I would recommend her for diabetes care, thyroid disorders and more.
in Leavenworth, KS |
I have been a patient with Dr Abraham for several years now and would highly recommend her for your care. She is friendly explains things in a manner I can understand and is very thorough in her care. The nurses and office staff are friendly and professional as well.
Overland park ks |
Condescending, arrogant and rude. I have been to five doctors trying to figure out what is going on with me. Anywhere from my primary a rheumatologist, an allergist and now endocrinologist. I brought a list of symptoms and she refused to look at it. She said "I don't need to see that." I have every symptom for a thyroid problem, even an enlarged hyroid, she told me since there is a history of depression in the family that I need to see a psychiatrist!
in Overland Park, KS |
Arrogant, condescending and just not that good!
in Overland Park, KS |
Poor practioner; too many good Drs. In town to settle for her lack of professional acumen, unwarranted arrogance and condescension...
in Olathe, KS |
I was really happy with my visit. I went into it with mixed feelings due to recent experiences with other doctors, but she listened and shared her expertise on the problems I was experiencing without disregarding my own thoughts. I highly recommend this doctor--especially if you're the wary type when it comes to medical professionals.
in Overland Pk Kansas |
Very happy with Dr Abraham and staff
Olathe, KS |
She was very condescending and rude. Was not willing to listen to me, or discuss the information I had researched prior to my visit. Treated me like an imbecile. I will never go back.
Have you seen Dr. Mini Abraham, MD?
Are you Dr. Abraham?