Dr. Minh Luu, MD

Dr. Minh Luu, MD

General Surgery  |

Dr. Minh Luu, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Chicago, IL. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Dr. Luu is affiliated with Rush Oak Park Hospital and Rush University Medical Center.

Rush University Surgeons

1725 W Harrison St Ste 810

Chicago, IL 60612

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Learn about Dr. Luu

I am here to assist you and your loved ones through this difficult time.  Surgeries of any kind can be seemingly terrifying, and that is where I strive to help make this a comfortable experience. I am here to answer questions, advocate on your behalf, and to make sure you get the attention and care I would extend to my own family. I am passionate about what I do.

I am a board-certified surgeon with advanced training in minimally invasive techniques that includes laparoscopy as well as robotic surgery. I am dedicated to applying my technical expertise and clinical interests to help patients with benign and malignant diseases of the upper gastrointestinal tract. I adhere to the principles of technical excellence, compassionate care, cutting edge medical knowledge, evidence-based decision making, and teamwork.

Learn more about me at my Google Scholar page

Video

Dr. Luu's Experience

Dr. Luu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Adrenalectomy
  • Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendectomy, Open
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Bowel Surgery
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophagomyotomy
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Open Diaphragmatic and-or Paraesophageal Hiatal Hernia Repair
  • Pancreatic Surgery
  • Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Splenectomy
  • Splenectomy and Splenorrhaphy
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Wisconsin / Madison
  • Rush University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Evanston Northwestern Healthcare
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Luu has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Luu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Luu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Luu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Luu to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Luu's Performance
Barrington, IL |
Although i felt highly pressured to leave a good review by his staff, I cannot. This was the least satisfying medical appointment Ive ever had. Dr. Luu didn't listen, didn't make me feel comfortable & seemed distracted the entire time. My previous Dr in Peoria oozed empathy & made me feel comfortable & listened to-so, I trusted her opinion & findings. With the cold Dr. Luu, I felt adrift. Maybe it was a language thing or, he just is one of those foreign Drs. who doesn't care about people.
in Chicago, IL |
As a patient with an extensive and complicated surgical history, I can WHOLEHEARTEDLY proclaim that Dr. Minh Luu epitomizes all that the Rush core values represent, without fail. He truly advocates for the health and overall well-being of his patients, like myself. I came to Rush gravely ill due to extreme surgical complications from a procedure done at another facility. He cared for me, and helped me to make a complete recovery. I will be forever grateful for his generosity in time and spirit.
Naperville, IL |
Worst experience I have ever had with a Doctor. Dr. Luu is a terrible communicator and demonstrates no empathy --- bordering on robotic
in Chicago, IL |
Two months ago we went to the Rush hospital with some vague symptoms and a bad feeling. We explained this to dr. Minh Luu and he immediate listened and made work of it. 24 hours later my husband was diagnosed with Non Hodgkin Cancer. Was it not for this skilled doctor we would have walked away with a fake sense of security. Also, he operated on my husband a week later with no side effects and no problems. His bed side manners are excellent! I wholeheartedly recommend him.
in Chicago, IL |
I appreciate very much Dr. Luu and his staff for their excellence,professional attention ,and the great human quality the he demonstrated to me and my family during such difficult moments.Detecting with diligence my diagnosis was crucial to my survival. I highly recommend Dr. Luu as the best surgeon that I have known.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Luu is perhaps the worst surgeon I have had the misfortune of interacting with. He has no bedside manner and will not listen to your concerns at all. His team is inefficient and sloppy. Their billing practices are questionable at best. I regret not doing more research beforehand but I strongly recommend that you find a doctor and weight loss clinic that is actually intersted in supporting your journey instead of rushing you out of the door.
in Flossmoor, IL |
I was diagnosed with Stage 3 stomach cancer. Dr Luu provided me a complete understanding of the procedure that would remove my entire stomach. He stayed until we ran out of questions to ask. He was very open and hospitable during the entire process. He must have went to Charm School since the other reviews. Both me and my husband felt he genuinely cared for my well being. He spent time with my family after surgery to answer any and all questions. He's also a damn good surgeon too !!!!
Chicago, IL |
The procedure went fine, but I just didn't like him at all.
Chicago, IL |
Difficult to deal with. He was never around and he showed little interest or caring all throughout my time with him. I strongly do not recommend.
Chicago, IL |
I never felt he cared about me as a person. Had I had the energy to make a change, I would have. I would not recommend. I felt bad enough about having to have the surgery---he made me feel worse by his lack of caring.
Chicago, IL |
Not warm or available. I felt like a number.
Have you seen Dr. Minh Luu, MD?
Are you Dr. Luu?