Dr. Minh Luu, MD

Dr. Minh Luu, MD

General Surgery  ·

Dr. Minh Luu, MD is a general surgery specialist in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 11 years. He specializes in general surgery, laparoscopic surgery, and more.

Learn about Dr. Luu

Video

See how frequently Dr. Luu performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Stomach Surgery
Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
Appendectomy, Laparoscopic

Dr. Luu's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Luu "I am here to assist you and your loved ones through this difficult time.  Surgeries of any kind can be seemingly terrifying, and that is where I strive to help make this a comfortable experience. I am here to answer questions, advocate on your behalf, and to make sure you get the attention and care I would extend to my own family. I am passionate about what I do.

I am a board-certified surgeon with advanced training in minimally invasive techniques that includes laparoscopy as well as robotic surgery. I am dedicated to applying my technical expertise and clinical interests to help patients with benign and malignant diseases of the upper gastrointestinal tract. I adhere to the principles of technical excellence, compassionate care, cutting edge medical knowledge, evidence-based decision making, and teamwork.

Learn more about me at my Google Scholar page"

• General Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University of Wisconsin / Madison
  • Rush University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • North Shore University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Luu has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Luu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Luu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Luu's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Luu

3.0

Dr. Luu?
Dr. Luu's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Minh Luu, MD
RecentHighestLowest
Dr Luu performed an emergency surgery on me and I had an excellent experience. He communicated clearly, took the time to thoughly answer all my questions, and was warm and kind both to me and to my family members. He was knowledgeable and skilled. He visited me before surgery and after. Highly...Read More
May 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Minh Luu, MD?
Although i felt highly pressured to leave a good review by his staff, I cannot. This was the least satisfying medical appointment Ive ever had. Dr. Luu didn't listen, didn't make me feel comfortable & seemed distracted the entire time. My previous Dr in Peoria oozed empathy & made me feel...Read More
Barrington, IL – Sep 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Minh Luu, MD?
As a patient with an extensive and complicated surgical history, I can WHOLEHEARTEDLY proclaim that Dr. Minh Luu epitomizes all that the Rush core values represent, without fail. He truly advocates for the health and overall well-being of his patients, like myself. I came to Rush gravely ill due to...Read More
Jacqueline in Chicago, IL – Aug 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Minh Luu, MD?
Worst experience I have ever had with a Doctor. Dr. Luu is a terrible communicator and demonstrates no empathy --- bordering on robotic
Naperville, IL – Aug 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Minh Luu, MD?
Two months ago we went to the Rush hospital with some vague symptoms and a bad feeling. We explained this to dr. Minh Luu and he immediate listened and made work of it. 24 hours later my husband was diagnosed with Non Hodgkin Cancer. Was it not for this skilled doctor we would have walked away with...Read More
Lisa in Chicago, IL – May 17, 2017
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Luu?