Dr. Ming Wang, MD

OphthalmologyMaleAge 61

Dr. Ming Wang, MD is a Ophthalmology Specialist in Nashville, TN and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Harvard Medical School medical school in 1991. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Wang to book an appointment.

Dr. Wang

Wang Vision Institute

1801 West End Ave Ste 1150 Nashville, TN 37203

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Ophthalmology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check Dr. Wang's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Cornea Transplant
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Fuchs' Corneal Dystrophy
  • Glaucoma
  • Hypertropia
  • Hypotropia
  • Intracorneal Ring (ICR)
  • Iridocyclitis
  • Uveitis and Iridocyclitis
  • Vision Screening
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Dr. Wang accepts

Dr. Wang accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wang

0.1968503937007874%
0.1968503937007874%

Dr. Wang

This changed my life. My livelihood depends on my eyes, and I chose Wang Vision because of their reputability. I went in for a consult, and although I was not a candidate for Lasik, I was still a candidate for SMILE. I was fortunate enough to get my procedure done on the same day! I was pretty nervous about starting the procedure, but the staff was amazing and made me feel so comfortable and relaxed (as I could be lol). The procedure was quick, and Dr. Wang commanded so much confidence and care, there was little for me to worry about. The techs during the procedure were very helpful in coaching me through the process too! I'm so glad I chose Wang Vision since it is the only institute in the state that offers the SMILE procedure that I needed, I didn't need to be referred anywhere else. Post procedure, it was much more comfortable than others' experience with Lasik, and I am already seeing 20/20 after four days. I highly recommend SMILE if you are a candidate! I would only trust my visi
Amy Hoang – Dec 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
My wife had done LASIK on her both eyes on Wednesday 17th Nov 202, she was recover pretty good a day after her procedure. Doctor have more experience and good care of patients.
Nov 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
The staff at Wang Vision are so friendly and answered all my questions without hesitation! I felt very comfortable following through with Lasik Eye Surgery and I highly recommend them for anyone looking for experts in this field!
Chassie – Oct 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
Great experience overall extremely happy with the results! Doctors, nurses, staff everyone was extremely nice and helpful 10/10
Martin Enriquez – Sep 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
It is so nice to be able to wake up and see my clock in the morning. My eye sight is better now than I ever remember being able to see before. Just looking at the sky and the clouds is so amazing. It’s such a blessing to be able to finally see all of Gods wonderful details when I am outside hiking, fishing, and hunting. Everyone at the Wang Vision Institute was very nice and understanding. I was nervous coming in, but each individual was very reassuring and explained everything that was being done and going to be done throughout the procedure and recovery. I highly recommend getting the Lasik eye surgery at their institute.
Ethan Cole – Jul 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
I had a great experience with 3D Smile with Wang Vision. The staff was always friendly. They're very good about not having a long wait time. My operation was so smooth with no eye pain. About 30 seconds per eye. Before my procedure, my vision was so terrible, I couldn't even see the big E on the screen. My vision is now 20/15 which I am so pleased. I would've been happy with 20/20! Overall, I recommend Dr Ming Wang with anyone considering lasik!
Renee Beard – Apr 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
So happy with my LASIK procedure!
Ashley Holycross – Apr 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
I had 3D Lasik surgery on January 8rh 2021! it was the best decision I had ever made for myself! I love my results and especially loved how wonderful the whole staff was! They are amazing, patient, caring, and loving staff! Thank you Dr. Ming Wang and Staff for your exceptional service and I am forever grateful ?
Shereen Adam – Apr 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
Dr. Wang and his staff were amazing. They have made me feel very comfortable and important every time I've been there. I came in for a consultation and was told that LASIK wouldn't completely give me all my vision back, because my eyes were so bad. I decided to do it anyway and prayed that God would give me back my full vision. Dr. Wang did my surgery and he also prayed with me before he performed the surgery which really impressed me and made me feel more comfortable during the surgery. After my surgery, I showed up for my follow-up appointment, when they did my vision test I was able to read 20/20 with no help!! I walked out of the office in tears that day, so humbled that God answered my prayers and used a great surgeon to do it. I have worn glasses since I was eight and every year they have had to make my prescription stronger, when I went in my eyes were so bad could only see things that were right in front of my face (my prescription was -7.25) now I'm thankful to be able to say
Sarah Beard – Mar 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
I had extremely poor vision and did not think I would be a candidate for Lasik. Wang Vision Institute tested and corrected my eyesight in a single afternoon. Not only was the procedure quick, but it was painless. They have precautions in place for Covid. Recovery was easy. I consider myself very fortunate to have had Dr. Ming Wang himself work on my eyes. I could never thank him enough for giving me the ability to see. Wang Vision Institute is in the business of performing miracles every day, so you’d think their staff would just go along with the motions, but you’d be wrong. They were all so caring and passionate about their work, from Suzanne who scheduled my appointment to Beth who remembered me three weeks later. I felt a personal connection with each and every member of their team. If you’re on the fence, because you think your vision is too terrible, I urge you to schedule a consultation. The fact that you are within reach of a pioneering eye surgeon of Dr. Ming Wang’s caliber sh
Dani – Mar 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
Recently received LASIK surgery from Wang Vision Institutes and I couldn't be happier with the results. Within 24 hours I could see all the telephone towers on the Nashville horizon in exquisite detail, and read the smallest words on the furthest skyscrapers. My night vision has been surprisingly unaffected as well! Got in an out in one single day, spent 5 hours from start to finish. Would highly recommend
Aksel – Feb 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
I was nervous about the process and going through surgery. I am so very grateful for the team at Wang Vision Institute! They walked me through the process and made everything easy. My recovery was wonderful and exactly what they prepared me to expect. After one month, my eyes are perfect. Their team is professional, courteous and caring. Be sure and look for one of their educational webinars. Wonderful team.
Janice Reese – Feb 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
Dr. Wang and his staff exceeded my expectations in every way. Their professionalism and genuine care were evident from the first visit and remain consistent as I progress through follow up care. They were patient with my questions and demonstrated an expertise graced with compassion. I offer my highest recommendations - along with my gratitude.
Jan 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
I had a great experience with my LASIK procedure. Dr. Wang and his staff were wonderful. He explained exactly what was happening during each step of the procedure and what to expect afterwards. He prayed with me before the procedure and checked on me that evening. My vision was already 20/20 the next day. I wish I would’ve had it done years ago!
April C – Dec 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
I had Lasik done 5 months ago and am still wishing I would’ve known about it earlier! It’s so nice not to have to worry about keeping up with my glasses or contacts. Dr. Wang and his office staff were amazing and helpful throughout the whole process. I also love that he prays with you before the procedure! Thank you Dr. Wang!!
Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
I had my Lasic done three months ago by Dr. Wang and it has been life changing. I am 28 years old and have worn glasses since 3rd grade. I was always told that due to my astigmatisms and far sightedness I would not be considered a candidate and it couldn't be done by many optometrist. Dr. Wang and his staff made it possible and I haven't had any issues. His staff is very helpful and kind and professional. I can't thank them enough for making it possible. I highly recommend having it done it's painless and worth every penny.
Keaton Lovell – Dec 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
Everyone was so thorough and patient with providing information about my choice to do the Smile procedure! Was a calm and wonderful experience!
Nov 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
The best thing I ever done is I got lasik and dr frenkel did mine he did really good and was really nice the Procedure doesn’t take long less than 30 minutes in a week my eyes are back to 20/20 after 15 years of wearing glasses and contacts .. They have the best price and number 1 in Tennessee for lasik .
Rosin – Nov 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
Comprehensive exam by technicians and optometrist, but I drove 2 hrs. for a consultation with Dr. Wang. I never spoke with either Dr. Wang or his associate ophthalmologist. Instead I had a consultation with a surgery consultant, aka sales person. I felt like I was in a time share presentation given discounts based on referrals to a presentation. I have no doubt Dr. Wang is very good, but I don’t feel the tactics are ethical. Very disappointed. Charged $198 plus insurance for service I could have gotten at home for much less. Have a friend who was considering a consultation, but she won’t waste her time now.
Nov 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
I had an amazing experience here. I thought this is something I would never do. I would be too nervous. I went on a limb and walked in. Not nervous at all. The staff made this feel like an everyday thing, very light and high spirits. I have been and will continue to recommend Wang Vision Institute.
Nov 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Wang, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wang?
Provider explaining information to patient