Dr. Ming Wang, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Ming Wang, MD
Dr. Ming Wang, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Nashville, TN. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 26 years.

Dr. Wang's Experience

See how Dr. Wang's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wang

Dr. Wang accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Wang is now accepting new patients

Dr. Wang's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wang to family and friends
    Dr. Wang's Performance
    in Nashville, TN |
    Dr. Wang and his entire staff helped to make me feel at ease before and during my surgery. They explained every step of the process in detail and made sure to answer any questions that I had. They all went above and beyond to ensure that I was comfortable and that I understood my discharge instructions and what to expect when I got home. Dr. Wang even personally called me the evening after my procedure to check on me. I highly recommend to anyone in the Nashville area and beyond!
    in WARTRACE |
    NOTHING BUT THE BEST FROM DR. WANG AND HIS ENTIRE STAFF. IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION LOOK NO FARTHER. ANNA HAWKINS
    Mount Pleasant, TN |
    Having 3D Lasik by Dr. Ming Wang has been one of the best decisions of my life. Not only do I have 20/15 vision now, but I was also treated like family from start to finish. The day of the procedure was so fast, in and out in about 3 hours, including eye exam, surgery & post op! The staff that he has are truly the friendliest I have ever encountered and make you feel like your the only patient they have to see that day. If you want Lasik surgery, you HAVE to go to Wang Vision Institute!
    in Hohenwald, TN |
    I had 3D Lasik back in February of 2017 and would recommend it to anyone. I have loved not having to get out of bed in the morning and have to put in my contacts just to be able to see to go downstairs. It was pain free and I was seeing well enough to drive and read fine print 24 hours later. I wish I had done this procedure sooner. Thanks Dr. Wang and all the staff in Nashville.
    Columbia, TN |
    I would highly recommend Wang Vision. My experience was excellent and I could not be more pleased with my outcome of my procedure.
    in Hopkinsville, KY |
    Exceptional doctor!!! Exceptional LASIK.
    in Dickson, TN |
    Amazing doctor and staff. Very informative, kind, attentive and caring people work there. I have perfect vision again for the first time in 20 plus years. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to have lasik done!
    in Dickson, TN |
    Nashville, TN |
    Dr. Wang's story is one of perseverance and determination. He has made a name for himself as one of the best ophthalmologists in the country, and it is easy to see that he and his staff uphold that level of prestige. I was greeted with warmth and smiles upon arriving to Wang Vision Institute. Since then, working with Dr. Wang and his staff has been nothing less than delightful . Thank you, Wang Vision Institute!
    Dr. Wang is the best doctor I have ever encountered. He is very knowledgeable about everything and answered my questions in detail. I enjoyed the seminars that he provides where he allows the customers to come in and speak about their experience with his institute. He never bragged or boasted about his accomplishments nor did he make anyone feel inferior. He let his work speak for itself and it did. I enjoyed him and his friendly staff.
    in Dresden, TN |
    We are so pleased with our experience at the Wang Vision Institute. From the minute we checked in, thru all the test and exams, and thru the surgery. The staff and doctors were wonderful. And Dr. Wang was great, he was very informative and was able to take our son from legally blind to 20/20 in one eye and 20/30 in other. This was the most exciting thing for us. Our son Graduated UTM Martin, and for his graduation gift he just wanted Lasik surgery. He was able to see across the room for the firs
    in paris, tn |
    Dr. Wang and his staff were great and very helpful. I had given up on my eye sight getting any better. I had been to several other eye doctors and been told there was nothing I could do to improve my vision. Dr. Wang was able to improve my vision. I am thankful for him and glad to have my full vision back.
    Nashville, TN |
    In addition to the work and expense involved with contact lenses and eyeglasses, which many times involved travel, for 24 years Ive been challenged with finding the proper contact lens prescription due to astigmatism in both eyes. Despite being a very busy office, the Wang Vision Institute staff is thorough and knowledgeable, they made me feel at ease, and restored my vision. I recommend going to a seminar and see for yourself!
    in Smyrna, TN |
    I have three family members that have had successful vision correction with Dr. Wang. Would recommend him to anyone. If I had known how easy it would be I would have fixed my vision sooner. I have never worn glasses but over the last year my ability to see small print up close had slowly slipped away. I went to Dr. Wang and after a few seconds (which were pain free and completely comfortable) I can now see perfectly again. His staff is amazing and he is a miracle worker.
    in Murfreesboro, TN |
    What a sweet, lovely man !! I met him once and instantly trusted him ! Had my consultation on Monday & my SMILE surgery on Wednesday !! His team was incredibly accommodating and hospitable. Eric & Dr. Connley were my main interactions, and they were incredibly informative and kind !! Fantastic office for all your eye care needs !!
    in Tullahoma, tn |
    I would recommend Dr. Wang to God himself. The man genuinely cares about patients and has mastered his craft. I'm thoroughly pleased with my 3D LASIK procedure.
    in Ardmore, TN |
    Dr. Ming Wang is one of the most interesting, experienced, compassionate and personable doctor I have ever met. Even though he has done so many of these eye operations, he made me feel that my procedure was special. Dr. Wang told me what he was doing and was very reassuring during procedure. His staff are also very friendly, helpful and informative.
    Mt. Juliet, TN |
    Performed cataract surgery on my dad. Damaged cornea on fifst eye, Second eye damaged cornea - blind in second eye with cornera blistering until another M.D. performed partial cornea transplant. Dr. Wang felt no responsibility - just wanted all money. Would not recommend him. He is excellent at marketing. This is no indicator of surgery skills. S.B.
    in Franklin, TN |
    Had cataract surgery on my right eye on March 21 and received the “Forever Young” lens and LASIK to correct my astigmatism. I must tell you that it is a life changing experience. I can now see clocks, writing, leaves at a distance for the first time in 60 years with that eye! Everyone at Wang Vision has been knowledgeable, willing to answer any question without making you feel like an idiot, calming and thorough. Dr. Wang has been amazing. He completely explained what he was going to do and
    in Smyrna, GA |
    Very likely!!! Dr. Wang's care is excellent and his staff is friendly and efficient. I recommend him to anyone needing eye surgery or care!!
    in Brentwood, TN |
    I had my first surgery on my right eye on 02-14-17 and the second surgery on my left eye on 02-16-17. I had follow up visits with the Dr. on each consecutive following day. Dr. Wang & his staff have been very patient and helpful when asking questions about any concern I have had. I especially want to thank one of the assistants (Scott) for his help and understanding during & after the procedures with a few concerns I had. I would highly recommend without hesitation.
    in Winchester, TN |
    I went to one of Dr Wang semiar and the experience and information he gave was everything I expected and more....Made my appointment and setup surgery...The Most professional staff ever...Had surgery on one eye on Thursday and ready for the other one Tuesday....After the First sugery I could not Believe but Dr Wang called at 10:15 that night to be sure everything is ok and complications.I am very excited to start seeing things clearly like I did when I was younger....
    in Memphis, TN |
    I would highly recommend Dr. Wang's office to everyone!
    in Murfreesboro, TN |
    Ming Wang performed my cataract surgery last week with the “Forever Young” lens. I can now see both close up and far away. First time in 50 years that I do not need glasses. The think I like most about the Wang Institute is that Dr. Ming Wang does ALL of the surgeries so you know who will be conducting surgery on your eyes.
    in Pleasant View, TN |
    Although very nervous about having 3D cataract surgery on both of my eyes, Dr. Wang, his staff, and the surgery staff put me at ease immediately. The procedure was safe and done very efficiently. Before, during, and after my procedures, all of my questions were answered. I felt like my family and I was treated with the very most respect. I would highly recommend this procedure with Dr. Wang to all of my family and friends!
    in spring hill tn |
    My experience with Dr. Wang was the best I have ever had with a doctor, including his office staff. He was the best. He was very caring and one of the most important things to me is me being a Christian, I want a Christian doctor. He even prayed with me before cataract surgery this was also very important to me. Everyone of his staff including the staff at the surgery center were great. He will be doing my right eye soon. ----Janice Gunther
    in Cookeville Tn 38506 |
    Dr Wang is the best of the best.. I would recommend Dr Wang And his staff of professional technicians to any of my friends With any eye problems You will be amazed at the wonderful results...
    in cadiz ky. |
    Dr. Wang and his staff are wonderful very in tune with your needs surgery only took a few minutes. I would recommend his expertise to anyone who needs to have cataract surgery, very clean office and surgery rooms. I have told many people about Dr. Wang
    in Murfreesboro, TN |
    I am forever grateful to have had Dr. Wang perform my eye surgery. The staff at Wang Vision Institute are truly "TOP NOTCH". They are not only the most knowledgable vision support staff I have ever dealt with but are sincerely caring and friendly. Additionally I can't say enough about the kindness and professionalism of the highly organized medical staff at the Eye Surgery Center. I feel truly blessed.
    in Franklin, TN |
    Lot of turmoil when I went to the clinic. Dr. Wang's ex wife JJ referred me so I figured it must be good. Not anything like she described it. Felt like I was in a used car lot with all the sales pitches.
    in Dunlap, TN |
    If there ever was a people person in the field of vision, it would be Dr. Ming Wang! He is so down to earth and treats as if you were his only patient. He took time to personally call me the night of my surgery, Wow! I'm not the type of person to recommend anyone in the professional services however I will highly recommend Dr. Ming Wang . Thank you!! Mayor Dwain Land
    in La Vergne, TN |
    professionalism at its finest
    in Florence, AL |
    I loved that Dr Wang prayed with me before the procedure, it gave me a huge sense of comfort and made my whole experience even better. Great friendly staff, love everything about Wang Vision.
    in Nashville, TN |
    When I was first diagnosed with cataracts, the prospect of surgery terrified me. Dr. Wang, and his incredible staff made me feel as if I was the only patient they had to take care of. Every question was answered, sometimes more than once, and all my fears were soothed. The surgery process was actually quite calm, strange but true, post op instructions were easy to follow. Not only is he an astonishing surgeon, he is a truly nice guy! Thanks.
    Brentwood, TN |
    I was very impressed by the vast amount of Dr. Wang’s accomplishments. He is a remarkable person and doctor. I felt so well cared for, and the staff was absolutely wonderful. Thank you so very much.
    Nashville, TN |
    That night, only a few hours after Dr. Wang performed my second cataract surgery, I peeked out the hotel window and Nashville looked greater than ever!
    in Brentwood, TN |
    What can I say. My vision is blurred. It's more about selling than medicine.
    in Franklin, TN |
    I am 23 years old and I first starting wearing glasses in 2nd grade. My glasses prescription was -8.5 in both eyes – I could not do any daily tasks without my glasses. I had LASIK surgery two months ago with Dr. Wang and it has drastically changed and improved my life. I am very pleased with the care and expertise that I received from Wang Vision Institute. This is the only doctor I would recommend to anyone who is interested in LASIK!
    in Hazel Green, AL |
    The halls and exam rooms at Wang Institute are filled with celebrity photos and testimonials, but I am simply a high school teacher who couldn’t read my students’ work because of deteriorating near vision and cataracts. A referral from a friend led me to the amazing Dr. Wang. From the moment of my first appointment to the completion of my surgery, both Dr. Wang and his phenomenal staff made everything easy. It’s only been a week since my laser procedure, but I am already reading without glasses.
    in Nashville, TN |
    In my opinion, Dr, Wang is phenomenal! He is a brilliant eye-surgeon and and outstanding human being filled with compassion and kindness. My experience with Dr. Wang was almost unbelievable due to his going above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate my needs. He did everything, without exception, to help me. I was filled with gratitude.
    in Florence, AL |
    We are thrilled with my husbands new vision via Dr. Ming Wang's 3D Laser "Forever Young" Lense Surgery. Dr. Wang's surgery has corrected Jerry's far and near sightedness. No more multiple sets of glasses for Jerry to use daily! Yay!”
    in Arden, North Carolina |
    The staff are professional, efficient and dedicated. My wife and I both had LASIK performed by Dr. Wang sixteen years ago with outstanding results. When I discovered I needed cataract surgery I did not consider or think of having it done anywhere but The Wang Vision Institute. I consider Dr. Wang to be the pre-eminent person in his field. His skills, dedication to his patients and his professionalism are remarkable. it would not be possible to find a better place for eye care.
    in Sharon TN |
    Hi this is Casey McCasland here, I am writing this review for my good friend Dr. Ming Wang and all the staff at the Wang Vision 3D Cataract & Lasik Center. I have been seeing Dr. Wang for the past three years for my vision in one way or the other and have been very happy with everything they do. I was seeing other doctor’s about my vision, but they all said there was nothing to be done about it and I would have to live with it. But God showed me another way, I was looking on the inter
    in Tullahoma, TN |
    Dr. Wang and his entire office staff and surgery staff are dedicated, caring, friendly and efficient. I cannot think of a single thing that could have made my experience better.
    in Ocoee, TN |
    Dr. Ming Wang performed my 3D Laser Forever Young Lens Surgery on my left eye 11/15/2016. I was really nervous but Dr. Wang put me totally at ease. He talked me all the way through the surgery and explained what he was doing. I had no pain, no side effects and my vision is great. When I walked outside the next morning after the surgery, it was so bright it looked like the sun shining on a big snowfall. I highly recommend Dr. Wang to anyone!
    in NASHVILLE TN |
    I went to a seminar of Dr Ming Wang and found out about the 3D laser lens replacement surgery and decided that I wanted that surgery. I was nervous because we were doing one eye at a time and was worried it would be painful and not go back for the next eye, but that was definitely not the case! He told me what he was doing during the surgery and I could actually see more just out of surgery than I thought I would as I thought it would take a day or two for it to really work but it is fantast
    in Shelbyvillle, TN |
    I was one of the first lasik Raindrop procedures performed by Dr. Ming Wang. I was tired of reading glasses. I was thoroughly satisfied with my procedure and Dr. Wang and his staff. They are very professional in their work. I would recommend Dr. Wang and his staff for any lasik surgery you may need.
    in Tullahoma TN |
    I was one of the first to receive the new 3D laser Raindrop procedure. Dr. Wang and his staff were very friendly and professional. I would recommend Dr Wang to anyone in need of eye care. This procedure has changed my life.
    in Brentwood, TN |
    I was among the first group of patients to have the 3D Laser Raindrop procedure. I now have 20/20 vision and will not need my reading glasses or contacts! Dr Wang and his staff were extremely caring and professional. I would definitely recommend this practice for any type of vision procedure that you might require.
    in Nashville, TN |
    What a blessing to be a 3D Cataract patient of Dr. Wang’s and his staff. No waiting months for a consultation and surgery scheduled. My 1st consultation was more thorough than I’d ever had before. By surgery, I had no concerns. At 66, I have the vision that I had as a young woman. Not only has Dr. Wang through his surgical skills given me my sight back, his personal life story has inspired me to use my God given talents differently going forward. Thank you Dr. Wang and amazing Staff.
    Have you seen Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
    Are you Dr. Wang?

Dr. Wang's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
    •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Wang has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wang's Board Certifications

Completed in 1996

Bascom Palmer Eye Institute

Completed in 1997

• Chinese

Dr. Wang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology
    • Cornea & Refractive Surgery

• Anterior Vitrectomy
    • Cataract Removal Surgery
    • Cornea Surgery
    • Cornea Transplant
    • Excision or Destruction of Lesion of Cornea
    • Eye Surgery
    • Intracorneal Ring (ICR)
    • Ocular Surface Reconstruction