Dr. Ming X. Wang, MD

Dr. Ming X. Wang, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Wang Vision Institute 1801 W End Ave Ste 1150, Nashville, TN 37203 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Wang specializes in Ophthalmology and practices in Nashville, TN. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Wang? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Wang's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Wang's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wang

Dr. Wang accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Wang's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wang to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Wang
Dr. Wang's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (196)
in Clarksville, TN |
Dr. Wang and his staff are the best around. They all meet you with a smile and a warm handshake. I have worn glasses (very strong prescription) since I was a year old. I have been going to doctors my whole life and no one had a solution for my vision. I even went to a few lasik "doctors" and felt like I was laughed right out of their office. Then a Wang Institute seminar came across my Facebook and I decided to go and find out if he had anything for me. He was so respectful and after the thorou
in Gallatin, TN |
I praise the Lord and thank him for Dr. Ming Wang. On Sept 13 Dr Wang did a 3D Laser Forever Young Lens Surgery on my right eye. I was severely injured in Vietnam and spent a year in the hospital and that is when I was blinded in my left eye. His office staff were all wonderful. I can already see better than I ever could have hoped for. Dr Wang truly cares for his patients. He prayed with me before he started and even called me that night to see how I was doing. I can't thank him enough.
Nashville TN |
The staff was friendly and helpful. Spent the time needed to answer all of my questions. The procedure itself was very easy. The results of my eye site is amazing! I can see very clearly now, Lasik was one of the best decisions I have made.
in Brentwood, TN |
I cannot tell you how excited I am that I chose Dr. Wang for my eye surgery. His level of expertise, knowledge, and patient care is exceptional!! I chose the 3D Forever Young lens and could not more satisfied. I was so blessed to have Dr. Wang perform my eye surgery.
in Chapel Hill, TN |
If I am going to have eye surgery , I want the best Dr. for the job!! I do not want some discount DR. messing with my eyes. DR.Wang is one of the Best in the country! And you can really tell by attending one of his seminars. That was the deciding factor for us! GOD is good and so is DR.WANG!!!
in Gallatin, TN |
Would only consider Dr. Wang for eye surgery. The 3D Laser Forever Young lens surgery was a blessing. Can see distance and read without glasses. Dr. Wang is a world class surgeon. He prays with you before surgery which is wonderful. Couldn't be happier.
Antioch, TN |
5.0 star rating 8/29/2016 Had an incredible experience at the Wang Vision Institute for my 3D Lasik eye surgery. I can't believe I walked out and could see signs and things far away that I would have never been able to see even in my contacts! Almost like having a new life. The professionalism that Dr. Wang and his staff gave to me made the time before surgery so peaceful and the time after so exciting and comfortable. Thank you guys so much!!
in Manchester, TN |
Very positive experience. Dr Wang and the staff at Wang Vision Center are very knowledge. I have already recommended him to many friends and family. He is an excellent physician.
in Knoxville, TN |
Excellent doctor and office staff. Highly competent, and caring. Makes you feel very comfortable during the exams, surgery, follow-up. This is the doctor to choose for cataracts or less or more serious issues with your eyes.
in Cookeville, TN |
Quality care with a staff committed to the patient's goal of restored vision.I am very pleased with the whole process from evaluation through post op follow up care.Thank you Dr Ming Wang & staff.
Cookeville, TN |
Our experience with Dr. Ming Wang was incredible! Dr. Wang and his staff are extremely caring, compassionate and definitely competent. Every test is conducted with the utmost precision. Prior to surgery Dr. Wang shares a prayer with the patient and throughout the procedure, he guides you through each step and sound!. My husband and I have Wang eyes and cannot imagine turning our vision to any other doctor.
in Smyrna, TN |
Allowing Dr. Wang to perform 3D Lasik on my eyes was the best decision I ever made. After wearing contacts most of my life, I can hardly believe that I can now see 20/20 without glasses or contacts. Dr. Wang's knowledge, experience, and personality make him the best choice for any vision problems. His staff is very efficient and friendly. They create an atmosphere that makes you feel at ease during the eye evaluation and consultation as well as while you are waiting for surgery.
in Clarksville, TN |
Dr. Wang and his staff provide extraordinary service. Dr. Wang takes a personal interest in you as a patient. On the day of my surgery (cataract removal and lens implantation), he prayed with me prior to surgery and called my home that evening to check on my well being. Dr. Wang is very personable and makes you feel like one of the family. He assures you that your care is “his responsibility” and he takes that commitment very seriously. Dr. Wang’s office and surgery center are operated in a very
in Brentwood, TN |
The staff was very efficient, caring and professional. Dr. Wang was thorough, professional and yet extremely personal and caring.
in Lebanon, TN |
Dr Wang gives the best care. You are treated like royalty. Such an amazing staff as well. I had the 3d Lasik and left there with 20/25 vision. It is the best decesion I have ever made and would not trust anyone but Dr. Wang.
in Goodlettsville, TN |
Never had such royal treatment from a surgery team and such a great surgeon as Dr. Ming Wang, who prays with you before the surgery and does selfies with you after the surgery and then personally calls you the night after the surgery to check on you! Tuesday/Thursday cataract surgery took about 5 minutes with no pain and no bandages afterward. The bright light was the hardest part of it and that was not bad. The Forever Lens are amazing. No glasses/contacts and improving daily.
in Henderson, TN |
My experience with Dr. Wang and the Wang Vision Institute has been fantastic. I had the new 3D Laser Forever Young Lens Surgery that corrects near and far vision (and it prevents cataracts). For the first time in over 30 years I can see without my contacts. Dr. Wang is obviously brilliant, but he’s also warm and caring. He personally prayed with me before surgery and personally called me after surgery to check on me. His staff is extremely friendly and helpful, too. I would highly recommend h
in Lewisburg, TN |
Dr. Wang was very respectful and patient with me. I am so happy that he has given me my eyesight back, and I cannot thank him enough. I would highly recommend seeing him if you are thinking about doing any kind of eye surgery.
in Lebanon, TN |
I had Wang Vision 3D Cataract surgery along with a lens implanted on both of my eyes and I am super excited for my results!! Dr. Wang and his staff are amazing and very helpful. They also are very knowledgable and quick to answer any questions. He has a very friendly and welcoming staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Wang and his institute for any eye issues you need.
in Nashville, TN |
My grandmother spent a few thousand dollars for "special" cataract surgery. It was suppose to get her out of her glasses. Well a few months of back and forth at the clinic with her not seeing well and went for a second opinion at Vanderbilt. It turns out that the lens in one eye is out of position. She needs another surgery. Also they told her that she has some age changes in her retina. They would have never recommended the more expensive surgery. I can't recommend this clinic.
in Columbia, TN |
I had 3D Lasik surgery performed at Wang Vision Institute and could not be more pleased with the results. The staff was professional and friendly and made the process easy for me. Wish I would have done it years ago.
in Gallatin, TN |
As a past RK patient, I was concerned about having cataract surgery. Dr. Wang was absolutely the best doctor to do my lens replacement. My RK was the maximum incisions of 16 which makes cataract surgery more difficult, but Dr Wang is the BEST. Next eye next week. Thank you, Dr Wang!
in Carthage, TN |
WOW! What a fabulous experience so far. Looking forward to having surgery on my right eye tomorrow.
in Mount Juliet, TN |
I wasn't sure I really wanted LASIK surgery; I'm 23 and glasses have been a part of my face for the past ten years. And then I attended one of Dr. Wang's seminars. The seminar was very enlightening and after thinking about it a couple of months, I scheduled my surgery. The surgery went exactly as Dr. Wang described and I'm now three weeks post op and my vision couldn't be better. The glasses weren't so hard to give up after all. Thank you Dr. Wang and staff!
in Clarksville, TN |
Dr. Wang was very nice and professional. He helped me to see better than I ever thought I could. He was also very knowledgeable and has a way with explaining things to make them easier to understand. The surgery itself was significantly more comfortable than I had expected. I attribute much of that to Dr. Wang's extensive experience with performing these types of procedures.
in Mt. Juliet TN |
Wonderful Experience --As I see it! Dr. Wang and his staff provided excellent service and helped improve my vision significantly. Their skill and kindness stands apart from many today.
in Paris, TN |
I have wore glasses/contacts since I was 5 years old. For the first time in 38 years, I am glasses/contacts FREE thanks to Dr. Ming Wang at Wang Vision Institute. I had the new 3D Laser Forever Young Lens Surgery. This surgery corrects near and far vision and prevents cataracts! Dr. Wang personally prayed with me before both surgeries (one for each eye) and he personally called me each night after my surgery to check on me! I have NEVER had a doctor do that! He is the best! I would highly recomm
in Brentwood, TN |
I went to his seminar and decided to see if I was a candidate. I decided to have the 3D Lasik surgery. Everyone made me feel comfortable. The procedure was quick and basically pain free. I was able to see immediately without glasses or contacts.
in Hendersonville, TN |
I've had a lazy right eye since before I started kindergarten. I wore high + lenses. They magnified my eyes to look huge. My right eye never saw much more than the big E on the eye charts even with glasses. In elementary school when they would do vision checks I would memorize what the kids in front of me were reading off the charts because I didn't want them to know I couldn't see. I've lived with it all my life and my results with Dr Wang have greatly exceeded expectations. I'm amazed.
in Smyrna, TN |
Doug Abernathy I had 3D laser cataract surgery/forever young lens procedure Dr Wang and his staff are knowledgeable,professional,personable and compassionate group of people. Dr Wang called me personally the night of the surgery to see how I was doing. I want to thank everyone at the office and surgery center
in Kentucky |
There truly are no words to adequately describe how grateful I am to Dr. Wang and his staff for this gift of sight! I should have done this years ago...I had fears and doubts and now I don't even remember why. there was nothing to fear and no reason to doubt. I went from the burden of thick glasses and vision worse that legally blind to 20/20 vision in a matter of minutes. Dr. Wang's staff was amazing and he is a very special, special man
in Murfreesboro, TN |
What an amazing experience I had from start to finish with Dr. Wang and his staff. I can certainly appreciate a professional that values my time. There was no wait time and virtually no down time between testing and the procedure. I am enjoying my ability to see without my contacts or glasses. I highly recommend Dr. Ming Wang!!
in Murfreesboro TN |
After attending one of Dr. Wang's seminars, I decided to make the time to schedule a consultation. I arrived for my appointment and the evaluation began immediately. I was a candidate for LASIK!! The next morning, less than 24 hours after my procedure, I was driving myself, contact and glasses FREE, to my check up. The entire staff, and Dr. Wang himself, was a joy to work with. I strongly recommend Wang Vision Institute!
in Clarksville, TN |
Overall my experience was very good. I'm very happy to find someone like Dr. Wang who can correct my high prescription.
in Mount Juliet, TN |
Dr. Ming Wang is efficient, organized, professional and caring! This week I had 3D Laser Forever Young Lens Surgery at Wang Vision. Dr. Ming Wang and his staff prepared me beforehand on exactly what to expect and made me feel very comfortable during the surgery. It was quick, it was easy and I really appreciated Dr. Wang's personal follow-up phone call later that evening on how I was recovering. Dr. Wang follows up with every one of his patients that I've encountered.
in Scottsville, KY |
My mother in law Jane only has vision in one eye so when she developed a cataract in her only good eye she was nervous and very concern about the surgery. Dr. Wang and his staff gave her the ease she needed and assured her the surgery would be fine. And it was!! Couldn't have expect any more that he and his staff to do any more. They were Great!!
in Mount Juliet, TN |
Due to Dr. Wang?s esteemed education and immense experience, I felt very comfortable and confident under his care. Because I previously had RK I knew my surgery would be more challenging and I wanted the doctor with the most experience. I made the right decision!
in Dickson, TN |
I?ve been in glasses since kindergarten and I?m 24 years old. I came across an advertisement for Dr. Wang?s vision seminar in Dickson, TN a few weeks ago. I decided to attend and bring two friends to receive a free $200 value 3D LASIK exam and 25% off a LASIK procedure. Before this, I have seen three other LASIK surgeons in North Carolina and with the military. All three times, I was told, ?We?re sorry to inform you that you are not a good candidate for any laser corrective surgery due to your +
in Nashville, TN |
I had 3D cataract surgery the 5th of January and will have surgery again the 7th on my other eye. Absolutely a wonderful experience. I can already see the difference. Dr. Wang also said a prayer for me before surgery. I feel like God led me here. I highly recommend Dr. Wang and his efficient staff.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Wang & his staff have been very supportive & available during the entire process of pre op, op, & post op care for both my wife & myself in having cataract surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Wang & Wang Vision for any type of eye care issues. He & his staff are very knowledgeable & willing to take the time to ensure you are fully informed on what you can expect from having their team perform eye surgery. They work to ensure you are comfortable with the process & the expected results.
in Nashville, TN |
I am so thankful for Dr. Wang and his expertise! I was diagnosed with keratoconus a few years ago and I had lost hope and tried to come to terms with the fact that I would probably need a cornea transplant. Fortunately, I found Wang vision institute and Dr. Wang was an expert on my condition. He even wrote a text book on keratoconus! He shared with us about a new procedure called Intacs that was done with lasers and would slow the progression of my keratoconus. I had the Intacts procedure yester
in Nashville, TN |
I had a wonderful experience at the Wang Vision Institute. I have had an astigmatism for years and less than 24 hours after the surgery I was at 20/20 with no need for glasses. As a type 1 diabetic, I have always been very cautious with my eyes, but Dr. Wang and his staff were very thorough and reassuring throughout the process. I would recommend 3D Lasik to all my friends and family. The process was quick, painless, and most importantly effective.
in Gallatin, TN |
Great experience - would recommend to anyone. Safe and effective, and certainly one of the best in the world!
Pleasant View, TN |
Dr. Wang and his staff were great. I only trust my eyes to him!!! I had PRK surgery and my husband had Lasik and both went great and we see so much better now.
in Smyrna, TN |
I had to have cataracts removed in both eyes and my mom suggested I go see Dr. Wang. I'm very glad I did. For the procedure I was very nervous and Dr. Wang and his staff put me at ease. Dr. Wang also said a small prayer before the procedure and I'm 62 years old and no doctor has ever done that with me, it was very comforting. If you need anything done to your eyes I highly recommend Dr. Wang. Here in Nashville we are truly blessed to have such a great doctor.
in Nashville, TN |
I had 3D Lasik Cataract surgery on both eyes with one day in between the surgeries. I cannot say enough about Dr. Wang & his staff. I was very apprehensive about having eye surgery, but the 1st operation went so well that I decided to go ahead & have the second. His medical skills & his compassion for his patients made this a wonderful experience. I wanted the best to operate on my eyes, and he is certainly the best. He prayed for me before both surgeries & called me both nights to check on me.
in Riverview, FL |
Poor surgical results and no one cares. Would not recommend. If all is smooth all is well. Dr Wang doesn't even see you if there is a complication. Does not care about health only about reimbursement.
in Roan Mountain, TN |
This is part two to my review for my experiences at the Wang Vision Institute... On 22 April 2016 I had the second procedure on my journey to better vision without use of glasses! I had the 3D KAMRA procedure where a tiny thin disc is inserted into my eye which allows me to see close-up without inhibiting my distance vision. Dr Wang and his staff are not only competent, but also compassionate. I highly recommend this procedure as a way to eliminate the need for glasses!!
in Tulsa, OK |
Im from Tulsa, OK and I just had Tennessee's ONLY 3D LASIK at Wang Vision Institute in Nashville. I've been wearing glasses since the second grade so you can only imagine what it was like for me to be able to see for the first time without any help. Dr Wang and his staff are amazing, helpful, kind, and so sweet. They made the experience so smooth and as unstressful as could be. I would never go anywhere else and thank them from the bottom of my heart.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Wang performed 3D lasik astigmatism and cataract surgery for me, and I had an excellent experience. Dr. Wang and his staff are very accommodating, warm, and professional. Although lasers in your eyes seems like a very scary thing, I felt so safe and comfortable in Dr. Wang's capable hands. He even called me PERSONALLY to check in with me the night of my surgery! WOW. My experience at the Wang Vision Institute has literally made my world BRIGHTER!
Have you seen Dr. Ming X. Wang, MD?
Are you Dr. Wang?

• Cornea Surgery
  • Cornea Transplant
  • Excision or Destruction of Lesion of Cornea
  • Eye Surgery
  • Intracorneal Ring (ICR)
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Harvard Medical School

Graduated in 1991

St Barnabas Med Center

Completed in 1992

Wills Eye Hospital

Completed in 1996

Bascom Palmer Eye Institute

Completed in 1997

Dr. Wang has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese

Dr. Wang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Wang's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ophthalmology
  • Board certified in Ophthalmology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Wang

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Wang's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Wang

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients