Dr. Ming X. Wang, MD

Dr. Ming X. Wang, MD

Ophthalmology | Male | 56 years old

255 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Wang specializes in Ophthalmology and practices in Nashville, TN. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Wang? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Wang's Experience

See how Dr. Wang's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wang

Dr. Wang accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Wang's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wang to family and friends
Dr. Wang's Performance
in Smyrna, GA |
Very likely!!! Dr. Wang's care is excellent and his staff is friendly and efficient. I recommend him to anyone needing eye surgery or care!!
in Brentwood, TN |
I had my first surgery on my right eye on 02-14-17 and the second surgery on my left eye on 02-16-17. I had follow up visits with the Dr. on each consecutive following day. Dr. Wang & his staff have been very patient and helpful when asking questions about any concern I have had. I especially want to thank one of the assistants (Scott) for his help and understanding during & after the procedures with a few concerns I had. I would highly recommend without hesitation.
in Winchester, TN |
I went to one of Dr Wang semiar and the experience and information he gave was everything I expected and more....Made my appointment and setup surgery...The Most professional staff ever...Had surgery on one eye on Thursday and ready for the other one Tuesday....After the First sugery I could not Believe but Dr Wang called at 10:15 that night to be sure everything is ok and complications.I am very excited to start seeing things clearly like I did when I was younger....
in Memphis, TN |
I would highly recommend Dr. Wang's office to everyone!
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Ming Wang performed my cataract surgery last week with the “Forever Young” lens. I can now see both close up and far away. First time in 50 years that I do not need glasses. The think I like most about the Wang Institute is that Dr. Ming Wang does ALL of the surgeries so you know who will be conducting surgery on your eyes.
in Pleasant View, TN |
Although very nervous about having 3D cataract surgery on both of my eyes, Dr. Wang, his staff, and the surgery staff put me at ease immediately. The procedure was safe and done very efficiently. Before, during, and after my procedures, all of my questions were answered. I felt like my family and I was treated with the very most respect. I would highly recommend this procedure with Dr. Wang to all of my family and friends!
in spring hill tn |
My experience with Dr. Wang was the best I have ever had with a doctor, including his office staff. He was the best. He was very caring and one of the most important things to me is me being a Christian, I want a Christian doctor. He even prayed with me before cataract surgery this was also very important to me. Everyone of his staff including the staff at the surgery center were great. He will be doing my right eye soon. ----Janice Gunther
in Cookeville Tn 38506 |
Dr Wang is the best of the best.. I would recommend Dr Wang And his staff of professional technicians to any of my friends With any eye problems You will be amazed at the wonderful results...
in cadiz ky. |
Dr. Wang and his staff are wonderful very in tune with your needs surgery only took a few minutes. I would recommend his expertise to anyone who needs to have cataract surgery, very clean office and surgery rooms. I have told many people about Dr. Wang
in Murfreesboro, TN |
I am forever grateful to have had Dr. Wang perform my eye surgery. The staff at Wang Vision Institute are truly "TOP NOTCH". They are not only the most knowledgable vision support staff I have ever dealt with but are sincerely caring and friendly. Additionally I can't say enough about the kindness and professionalism of the highly organized medical staff at the Eye Surgery Center. I feel truly blessed.
in Franklin, TN |
Lot of turmoil when I went to the clinic. Dr. Wang's ex wife JJ referred me so I figured it must be good. Not anything like she described it. Felt like I was in a used car lot with all the sales pitches.
in Dunlap, TN |
If there ever was a people person in the field of vision, it would be Dr. Ming Wang! He is so down to earth and treats as if you were his only patient. He took time to personally call me the night of my surgery, Wow! I'm not the type of person to recommend anyone in the professional services however I will highly recommend Dr. Ming Wang . Thank you!! Mayor Dwain Land
in La Vergne, TN |
professionalism at its finest
in Florence, AL |
I loved that Dr Wang prayed with me before the procedure, it gave me a huge sense of comfort and made my whole experience even better. Great friendly staff, love everything about Wang Vision.
in Nashville, TN |
When I was first diagnosed with cataracts, the prospect of surgery terrified me. Dr. Wang, and his incredible staff made me feel as if I was the only patient they had to take care of. Every question was answered, sometimes more than once, and all my fears were soothed. The surgery process was actually quite calm, strange but true, post op instructions were easy to follow. Not only is he an astonishing surgeon, he is a truly nice guy! Thanks.
Brentwood, TN |
I was very impressed by the vast amount of Dr. Wang’s accomplishments. He is a remarkable person and doctor. I felt so well cared for, and the staff was absolutely wonderful. Thank you so very much.
Nashville, TN |
That night, only a few hours after Dr. Wang performed my second cataract surgery, I peeked out the hotel window and Nashville looked greater than ever!
in Brentwood, TN |
What can I say. My vision is blurred. It's more about selling than medicine.
in Franklin, TN |
I am 23 years old and I first starting wearing glasses in 2nd grade. My glasses prescription was -8.5 in both eyes – I could not do any daily tasks without my glasses. I had LASIK surgery two months ago with Dr. Wang and it has drastically changed and improved my life. I am very pleased with the care and expertise that I received from Wang Vision Institute. This is the only doctor I would recommend to anyone who is interested in LASIK!
in Hazel Green, AL |
The halls and exam rooms at Wang Institute are filled with celebrity photos and testimonials, but I am simply a high school teacher who couldn’t read my students’ work because of deteriorating near vision and cataracts. A referral from a friend led me to the amazing Dr. Wang. From the moment of my first appointment to the completion of my surgery, both Dr. Wang and his phenomenal staff made everything easy. It’s only been a week since my laser procedure, but I am already reading without glasses.
in Nashville, TN |
In my opinion, Dr, Wang is phenomenal! He is a brilliant eye-surgeon and and outstanding human being filled with compassion and kindness. My experience with Dr. Wang was almost unbelievable due to his going above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate my needs. He did everything, without exception, to help me. I was filled with gratitude.
in Florence, AL |
We are thrilled with my husbands new vision via Dr. Ming Wang's 3D Laser "Forever Young" Lense Surgery. Dr. Wang's surgery has corrected Jerry's far and near sightedness. No more multiple sets of glasses for Jerry to use daily! Yay!”
in Arden, North Carolina |
The staff are professional, efficient and dedicated. My wife and I both had LASIK performed by Dr. Wang sixteen years ago with outstanding results. When I discovered I needed cataract surgery I did not consider or think of having it done anywhere but The Wang Vision Institute. I consider Dr. Wang to be the pre-eminent person in his field. His skills, dedication to his patients and his professionalism are remarkable. it would not be possible to find a better place for eye care.
in Sharon TN |
Hi this is Casey McCasland here, I am writing this review for my good friend Dr. Ming Wang and all the staff at the Wang Vision 3D Cataract & Lasik Center. I have been seeing Dr. Wang for the past three years for my vision in one way or the other and have been very happy with everything they do. I was seeing other doctor’s about my vision, but they all said there was nothing to be done about it and I would have to live with it. But God showed me another way, I was looking on the inter
in Tullahoma, TN |
Dr. Wang and his entire office staff and surgery staff are dedicated, caring, friendly and efficient. I cannot think of a single thing that could have made my experience better.
in Ocoee, TN |
Dr. Ming Wang performed my 3D Laser Forever Young Lens Surgery on my left eye 11/15/2016. I was really nervous but Dr. Wang put me totally at ease. He talked me all the way through the surgery and explained what he was doing. I had no pain, no side effects and my vision is great. When I walked outside the next morning after the surgery, it was so bright it looked like the sun shining on a big snowfall. I highly recommend Dr. Wang to anyone!
in NASHVILLE TN |
I went to a seminar of Dr Ming Wang and found out about the 3D laser lens replacement surgery and decided that I wanted that surgery. I was nervous because we were doing one eye at a time and was worried it would be painful and not go back for the next eye, but that was definitely not the case! He told me what he was doing during the surgery and I could actually see more just out of surgery than I thought I would as I thought it would take a day or two for it to really work but it is fantast
in Shelbyvillle, TN |
I was one of the first lasik Raindrop procedures performed by Dr. Ming Wang. I was tired of reading glasses. I was thoroughly satisfied with my procedure and Dr. Wang and his staff. They are very professional in their work. I would recommend Dr. Wang and his staff for any lasik surgery you may need.
in Tullahoma TN |
I was one of the first to receive the new 3D laser Raindrop procedure. Dr. Wang and his staff were very friendly and professional. I would recommend Dr Wang to anyone in need of eye care. This procedure has changed my life.
in Brentwood, TN |
I was among the first group of patients to have the 3D Laser Raindrop procedure. I now have 20/20 vision and will not need my reading glasses or contacts! Dr Wang and his staff were extremely caring and professional. I would definitely recommend this practice for any type of vision procedure that you might require.
in Nashville, TN |
What a blessing to be a 3D Cataract patient of Dr. Wang’s and his staff. No waiting months for a consultation and surgery scheduled. My 1st consultation was more thorough than I’d ever had before. By surgery, I had no concerns. At 66, I have the vision that I had as a young woman. Not only has Dr. Wang through his surgical skills given me my sight back, his personal life story has inspired me to use my God given talents differently going forward. Thank you Dr. Wang and amazing Staff.
in Killen, AL |
Dr. Wang is very kind and considerate. He's very attentive and made sure I was relaxed and reassured. I was never in any pain during or after the procedure. 16 hours after the surgery, my vision was already better than 20/20. I would recommend Dr. Wang and his staff highly! I only wish I hadn't waited so long to have it done!
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Highly recommend Dr. Wang for any eye surgery needs. His staff was very professional and took care of me during the entire visit. Dr. Wang ensured that everything was safe before proceeding to the surgery, and helped inform me of the entire process so that I was comfortable. He even called me later that evening to make sure I was doing well.
in Bowling Green, KY |
I am very pleased with the outcome of my 3D laser Cataract surgery with DR. Ming Wang. I felt secure in the hands of such a great surgeon. His staff were professional and courteous. I highly recommend him to anyone needing eye surgery. Within a week I had both eyes done and feeling wonderful.
in Columbia, TN |
Dr. Wang and his staff are amazing. EXCELLENT!! From the seminar that I went to and then visiting his office everyone has been kind and caring. I had 3D Laser Cataract surgery on my left eye just a couple of days ago. The results are simply amazing. I am looking forward to having my right eye done soon.
in Hendersonville, TN |
This interaction and opportunity to improve my vision through the expertise of Dr. Wang and his associates has been the best medical experience of my life. Dr. Wang and his staff's professionalism and demeanor are second to none. Very patient oriented, timely and demonstrated outstanding capability to answer any of my questions about the procedures and what to expect after surgery. Dr. Wang has made this an enjoyable life changing event and am I extremely great full.
in Nashville, TN |
I can not say enough good things about my experience at Wang Vision Institute. From start to finish I was treated with kindness and understanding. Very professional staff.
in Gallatin, TN |
I had 3D Laser Cataract surgery with the "Forever Young" lenses. Dr. Wang is fantastic. The staff is friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable. Everything went exactly as planned and the results were incredible. Colette Simpson
in Columbia, TN |
Dr. Ming Wang and all the staff at Wang Vision Institute have been very professional from the consultation all the way through the surgical process. My wife Tish recently had 3D Lasik Cataract Surgery performed by Dr. Wang and was so impressed with his hands on personal interest in her procedure. We could not be more happy with the value, skill and kindness we experienced with Wang Vision Institue! We highly recommend that everyone in need of surgical care for their eyes contact Wang Vision Ins
in Clarksville, TN |
Dr. Wang and his staff are the best around. They all meet you with a smile and a warm handshake. I have worn glasses (very strong prescription) since I was a year old. I have been going to doctors my whole life and no one had a solution for my vision. I even went to a few lasik "doctors" and felt like I was laughed right out of their office. Then a Wang Institute seminar came across my Facebook and I decided to go and find out if he had anything for me. He was so respectful and after the thorou
in Gallatin, TN |
I praise the Lord and thank him for Dr. Ming Wang. On Sept 13 Dr Wang did a 3D Laser Forever Young Lens Surgery on my right eye. I was severely injured in Vietnam and spent a year in the hospital and that is when I was blinded in my left eye. His office staff were all wonderful. I can already see better than I ever could have hoped for. Dr Wang truly cares for his patients. He prayed with me before he started and even called me that night to see how I was doing. I can't thank him enough.
Nashville TN |
The staff was friendly and helpful. Spent the time needed to answer all of my questions. The procedure itself was very easy. The results of my eye site is amazing! I can see very clearly now, Lasik was one of the best decisions I have made.
in Brentwood, TN |
I cannot tell you how excited I am that I chose Dr. Wang for my eye surgery. His level of expertise, knowledge, and patient care is exceptional!! I chose the 3D Forever Young lens and could not more satisfied. I was so blessed to have Dr. Wang perform my eye surgery.
in Chapel Hill, TN |
If I am going to have eye surgery , I want the best Dr. for the job!! I do not want some discount DR. messing with my eyes. DR.Wang is one of the Best in the country! And you can really tell by attending one of his seminars. That was the deciding factor for us! GOD is good and so is DR.WANG!!!
in Gallatin, TN |
Would only consider Dr. Wang for eye surgery. The 3D Laser Forever Young lens surgery was a blessing. Can see distance and read without glasses. Dr. Wang is a world class surgeon. He prays with you before surgery which is wonderful. Couldn't be happier.
Antioch, TN |
5.0 star rating 8/29/2016 Had an incredible experience at the Wang Vision Institute for my 3D Lasik eye surgery. I can't believe I walked out and could see signs and things far away that I would have never been able to see even in my contacts! Almost like having a new life. The professionalism that Dr. Wang and his staff gave to me made the time before surgery so peaceful and the time after so exciting and comfortable. Thank you guys so much!!
in Manchester, TN |
Very positive experience. Dr Wang and the staff at Wang Vision Center are very knowledge. I have already recommended him to many friends and family. He is an excellent physician.
in Knoxville, TN |
Excellent doctor and office staff. Highly competent, and caring. Makes you feel very comfortable during the exams, surgery, follow-up. This is the doctor to choose for cataracts or less or more serious issues with your eyes.
in Cookeville, TN |
Quality care with a staff committed to the patient's goal of restored vision.I am very pleased with the whole process from evaluation through post op follow up care.Thank you Dr Ming Wang & staff.
Cookeville, TN |
Our experience with Dr. Ming Wang was incredible! Dr. Wang and his staff are extremely caring, compassionate and definitely competent. Every test is conducted with the utmost precision. Prior to surgery Dr. Wang shares a prayer with the patient and throughout the procedure, he guides you through each step and sound!. My husband and I have Wang eyes and cannot imagine turning our vision to any other doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Ming X. Wang, MD?
Are you Dr. Wang?

Dr. Wang's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Wang has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wang's Board Certifications

Completed in 1996

Bascom Palmer Eye Institute

Completed in 1997

• Chinese

Dr. Wang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology
  • Cornea & Refractive Surgery

• Anterior Vitrectomy
  • Cataract Removal Surgery
  • Cornea Surgery
  • Cornea Transplant
  • Excision or Destruction of Lesion of Cornea
  • Eye Surgery
  • Intracorneal Ring (ICR)
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction