Dr. Ming Wang, MD

Dr. Ming Wang, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Ming Wang, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Nashville, TN. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 26 years.

1801 W End Ave Ste 1150

Nashville, TN 37203

• CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Wang

See how frequently Dr. Wang performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Eye Infections
Keratitis
high
Herpetic Keratitis

Dr. Wang's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Cornea Surgery
  • Cornea Transplant
  • Excision or Destruction of Lesion of Cornea
  • Eye Surgery
  • Intracorneal Ring (ICR)
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Harvard Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • St Barnabas Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Wills Eye Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
  • Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Wang has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese

Dr. Wang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wang's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wang to family and friends
Dr. Wang's Performance
in Nolensville, TN |
Dr. Wang was very informative and put my mind at rest about lasic. I had an astigmatism and was told by other doctors that they could not operate but Dr. Wang was able to explain what my problem was and how he could fix it. The surgery went smoothly and I have perfect vision now.
in Westpoint |
On 10/3/2017, Dr. Wang performed 3D cataract surgery on my left eye which had a stage 4 cataract - the hardest level. At the initial exam, that eye tested at 20/500 - legally blind! On 10/23/2017, he operated on my right eye - no driving for 2 years. At my checkup 11/7/2017, I now have 20/20 vision in my right eye and 20/35 in the left - which he says will improve even more. Dr. Wang calmed my fears. All of his employees are kind and helpful - which is so important. I highly recommend Dr Wang
in Nashville, TN |
Wow, the results of my LASIK surgery are incredible! Dr. Wang really knows what he's doing and treats his patients with such care and patience. He answered all my questions and made sure I was fully aware of the benefits as well as the risks (which were minimal). He's also very generous with his philanthropic endeavors which I find inspiring. A lot of his income goes to giving free surgeries to children in need who can't afford it. I highly recommend him to anyone in the Nashville area! :)
in Clarksville |
My vision had deteriorated to the point I absolutely could not see to read without reading glasses. Life was becoming pretty miserable due to constant headaches due to my eyes constantly trying to adjust between glasses/no glasses. After extensive evaluation, it was determined that the Kamra procedure would be the best option for me. Today I no longer require reading glasses! He even called me personally that night after the procedure to make sure I was OK.
in Russellville ky |
Dr wang called me himself the night i had my eye lasik surgery that day and that was very compassionate of him he is a wonderful dr i will recommend him to everyone!!!!
in TN |
Scheduling Ming Wang for my 3D Lasik Eye Surgery was the absolute best decision I’ve ever made! Great support staff as well! They are quick and efficient!
in Clarksville, TN |
I just got 3D Smile Lasik done by Dr. Ming Wang on 10/20/17! His staff are all so wonderful and kind. I get nervous easily but felt very at home here. Dr. Wang treated me with the upmost respect. He even personally called me after my surgery!--Who does that?! They answered all my questions, and made me feel like I was the only patient. Love him and his staff! ~Jenny
in CLARKSVILLE |
It's been about 8 months since my surgery. I am enjoying it! No more dealing with glasses. I attended Dr. Wang's seminar which was very interesting and my name was picked from the drawing. I was shocked! That never happens to me so I call myself a "special candidate" because my eyes to every other office was a challenge. I would always be the one to order "special glasses" the ones they never had in stock. Thanks to Dr. Wang he was able to make me glasses free.
in Greenville, KY |
Lasik changed my life. Dr Wang is the best.
in Dickson, TN |
I attended a seminar in my hometown on a Wednesday night. I felt so comfortable and sure he was the one I trusted to do my surgery that I went that following Friday to have my consultation. As I walked through the doors everyone was so happy and welcoming. I went through several test to see what surgery I was a candidate for. I ended up having two options 3d LASIK or 3d Smile. After speaking with Dr. Wang and his team we decided 3d smile was best for me. My surgery only took a short time and I w
nashville, tn |
It was amazing how professional all the staff were at his office. They did a excellent job coordinating my surgery and answering all the questions I had. It was well worth the money. I now have 20/13 vision after the surgery, which was way better than I thought. Amazing doctor! Would recommend to anyone!
in Nashville, TN |
Dr. Wang and his entire staff helped to make me feel at ease before and during my surgery. They explained every step of the process in detail and made sure to answer any questions that I had. They all went above and beyond to ensure that I was comfortable and that I understood my discharge instructions and what to expect when I got home. Dr. Wang even personally called me the evening after my procedure to check on me. I highly recommend to anyone in the Nashville area and beyond!
in WARTRACE |
NOTHING BUT THE BEST FROM DR. WANG AND HIS ENTIRE STAFF. IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION LOOK NO FARTHER. ANNA HAWKINS
Mount Pleasant, TN |
Having 3D Lasik by Dr. Ming Wang has been one of the best decisions of my life. Not only do I have 20/15 vision now, but I was also treated like family from start to finish. The day of the procedure was so fast, in and out in about 3 hours, including eye exam, surgery & post op! The staff that he has are truly the friendliest I have ever encountered and make you feel like your the only patient they have to see that day. If you want Lasik surgery, you HAVE to go to Wang Vision Institute!
in Hohenwald, TN |
I had 3D Lasik back in February of 2017 and would recommend it to anyone. I have loved not having to get out of bed in the morning and have to put in my contacts just to be able to see to go downstairs. It was pain free and I was seeing well enough to drive and read fine print 24 hours later. I wish I had done this procedure sooner. Thanks Dr. Wang and all the staff in Nashville.
Columbia, TN |
I would highly recommend Wang Vision. My experience was excellent and I could not be more pleased with my outcome of my procedure.
in Hopkinsville, KY |
Exceptional doctor!!! Exceptional LASIK.
in Dickson, TN |
Amazing doctor and staff. Very informative, kind, attentive and caring people work there. I have perfect vision again for the first time in 20 plus years. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to have lasik done!
Nashville, TN |
Dr. Wang's story is one of perseverance and determination. He has made a name for himself as one of the best ophthalmologists in the country, and it is easy to see that he and his staff uphold that level of prestige. I was greeted with warmth and smiles upon arriving to Wang Vision Institute. Since then, working with Dr. Wang and his staff has been nothing less than delightful . Thank you, Wang Vision Institute!
Dr. Wang is the best doctor I have ever encountered. He is very knowledgeable about everything and answered my questions in detail. I enjoyed the seminars that he provides where he allows the customers to come in and speak about their experience with his institute. He never bragged or boasted about his accomplishments nor did he make anyone feel inferior. He let his work speak for itself and it did. I enjoyed him and his friendly staff.
in Dresden, TN |
We are so pleased with our experience at the Wang Vision Institute. From the minute we checked in, thru all the test and exams, and thru the surgery. The staff and doctors were wonderful. And Dr. Wang was great, he was very informative and was able to take our son from legally blind to 20/20 in one eye and 20/30 in other. This was the most exciting thing for us. Our son Graduated UTM Martin, and for his graduation gift he just wanted Lasik surgery. He was able to see across the room for the firs
in paris, tn |
Dr. Wang and his staff were great and very helpful. I had given up on my eye sight getting any better. I had been to several other eye doctors and been told there was nothing I could do to improve my vision. Dr. Wang was able to improve my vision. I am thankful for him and glad to have my full vision back.
Nashville, TN |
In addition to the work and expense involved with contact lenses and eyeglasses, which many times involved travel, for 24 years Ive been challenged with finding the proper contact lens prescription due to astigmatism in both eyes. Despite being a very busy office, the Wang Vision Institute staff is thorough and knowledgeable, they made me feel at ease, and restored my vision. I recommend going to a seminar and see for yourself!
in Smyrna, TN |
I have three family members that have had successful vision correction with Dr. Wang. Would recommend him to anyone. If I had known how easy it would be I would have fixed my vision sooner. I have never worn glasses but over the last year my ability to see small print up close had slowly slipped away. I went to Dr. Wang and after a few seconds (which were pain free and completely comfortable) I can now see perfectly again. His staff is amazing and he is a miracle worker.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
What a sweet, lovely man !! I met him once and instantly trusted him ! Had my consultation on Monday & my SMILE surgery on Wednesday !! His team was incredibly accommodating and hospitable. Eric & Dr. Connley were my main interactions, and they were incredibly informative and kind !! Fantastic office for all your eye care needs !!
in Tullahoma, tn |
I would recommend Dr. Wang to God himself. The man genuinely cares about patients and has mastered his craft. I'm thoroughly pleased with my 3D LASIK procedure.
in Ardmore, TN |
Dr. Ming Wang is one of the most interesting, experienced, compassionate and personable doctor I have ever met. Even though he has done so many of these eye operations, he made me feel that my procedure was special. Dr. Wang told me what he was doing and was very reassuring during procedure. His staff are also very friendly, helpful and informative.
Mt. Juliet, TN |
Performed cataract surgery on my dad. Damaged cornea on fifst eye, Second eye damaged cornea - blind in second eye with cornera blistering until another M.D. performed partial cornea transplant. Dr. Wang felt no responsibility - just wanted all money. Would not recommend him. He is excellent at marketing. This is no indicator of surgery skills. S.B.
in Franklin, TN |
Had cataract surgery on my right eye on March 21 and received the “Forever Young” lens and LASIK to correct my astigmatism. I must tell you that it is a life changing experience. I can now see clocks, writing, leaves at a distance for the first time in 60 years with that eye! Everyone at Wang Vision has been knowledgeable, willing to answer any question without making you feel like an idiot, calming and thorough. Dr. Wang has been amazing. He completely explained what he was going to do and
in Smyrna, GA |
Very likely!!! Dr. Wang's care is excellent and his staff is friendly and efficient. I recommend him to anyone needing eye surgery or care!!
in Brentwood, TN |
I had my first surgery on my right eye on 02-14-17 and the second surgery on my left eye on 02-16-17. I had follow up visits with the Dr. on each consecutive following day. Dr. Wang & his staff have been very patient and helpful when asking questions about any concern I have had. I especially want to thank one of the assistants (Scott) for his help and understanding during & after the procedures with a few concerns I had. I would highly recommend without hesitation.
in Winchester, TN |
I went to one of Dr Wang semiar and the experience and information he gave was everything I expected and more....Made my appointment and setup surgery...The Most professional staff ever...Had surgery on one eye on Thursday and ready for the other one Tuesday....After the First sugery I could not Believe but Dr Wang called at 10:15 that night to be sure everything is ok and complications.I am very excited to start seeing things clearly like I did when I was younger....
in Memphis, TN |
I would highly recommend Dr. Wang's office to everyone!
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Ming Wang performed my cataract surgery last week with the “Forever Young” lens. I can now see both close up and far away. First time in 50 years that I do not need glasses. The think I like most about the Wang Institute is that Dr. Ming Wang does ALL of the surgeries so you know who will be conducting surgery on your eyes.
in Pleasant View, TN |
Although very nervous about having 3D cataract surgery on both of my eyes, Dr. Wang, his staff, and the surgery staff put me at ease immediately. The procedure was safe and done very efficiently. Before, during, and after my procedures, all of my questions were answered. I felt like my family and I was treated with the very most respect. I would highly recommend this procedure with Dr. Wang to all of my family and friends!
in spring hill tn |
My experience with Dr. Wang was the best I have ever had with a doctor, including his office staff. He was the best. He was very caring and one of the most important things to me is me being a Christian, I want a Christian doctor. He even prayed with me before cataract surgery this was also very important to me. Everyone of his staff including the staff at the surgery center were great. He will be doing my right eye soon. ----Janice Gunther
in Cookeville Tn 38506 |
Dr Wang is the best of the best.. I would recommend Dr Wang And his staff of professional technicians to any of my friends With any eye problems You will be amazed at the wonderful results...
in cadiz ky. |
Dr. Wang and his staff are wonderful very in tune with your needs surgery only took a few minutes. I would recommend his expertise to anyone who needs to have cataract surgery, very clean office and surgery rooms. I have told many people about Dr. Wang
in Murfreesboro, TN |
I am forever grateful to have had Dr. Wang perform my eye surgery. The staff at Wang Vision Institute are truly "TOP NOTCH". They are not only the most knowledgable vision support staff I have ever dealt with but are sincerely caring and friendly. Additionally I can't say enough about the kindness and professionalism of the highly organized medical staff at the Eye Surgery Center. I feel truly blessed.
in Franklin, TN |
Lot of turmoil when I went to the clinic. Dr. Wang's ex wife JJ referred me so I figured it must be good. Not anything like she described it. Felt like I was in a used car lot with all the sales pitches.
in Dunlap, TN |
If there ever was a people person in the field of vision, it would be Dr. Ming Wang! He is so down to earth and treats as if you were his only patient. He took time to personally call me the night of my surgery, Wow! I'm not the type of person to recommend anyone in the professional services however I will highly recommend Dr. Ming Wang . Thank you!! Mayor Dwain Land
in La Vergne, TN |
professionalism at its finest
in Florence, AL |
I loved that Dr Wang prayed with me before the procedure, it gave me a huge sense of comfort and made my whole experience even better. Great friendly staff, love everything about Wang Vision.
in Nashville, TN |
When I was first diagnosed with cataracts, the prospect of surgery terrified me. Dr. Wang, and his incredible staff made me feel as if I was the only patient they had to take care of. Every question was answered, sometimes more than once, and all my fears were soothed. The surgery process was actually quite calm, strange but true, post op instructions were easy to follow. Not only is he an astonishing surgeon, he is a truly nice guy! Thanks.
Brentwood, TN |
I was very impressed by the vast amount of Dr. Wang’s accomplishments. He is a remarkable person and doctor. I felt so well cared for, and the staff was absolutely wonderful. Thank you so very much.
Nashville, TN |
That night, only a few hours after Dr. Wang performed my second cataract surgery, I peeked out the hotel window and Nashville looked greater than ever!
in Brentwood, TN |
What can I say. My vision is blurred. It's more about selling than medicine.
in Franklin, TN |
I am 23 years old and I first starting wearing glasses in 2nd grade. My glasses prescription was -8.5 in both eyes – I could not do any daily tasks without my glasses. I had LASIK surgery two months ago with Dr. Wang and it has drastically changed and improved my life. I am very pleased with the care and expertise that I received from Wang Vision Institute. This is the only doctor I would recommend to anyone who is interested in LASIK!
in Hazel Green, AL |
The halls and exam rooms at Wang Institute are filled with celebrity photos and testimonials, but I am simply a high school teacher who couldn’t read my students’ work because of deteriorating near vision and cataracts. A referral from a friend led me to the amazing Dr. Wang. From the moment of my first appointment to the completion of my surgery, both Dr. Wang and his phenomenal staff made everything easy. It’s only been a week since my laser procedure, but I am already reading without glasses.
in Nashville, TN |
In my opinion, Dr, Wang is phenomenal! He is a brilliant eye-surgeon and and outstanding human being filled with compassion and kindness. My experience with Dr. Wang was almost unbelievable due to his going above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate my needs. He did everything, without exception, to help me. I was filled with gratitude.
Have you seen Dr. Ming Wang, MD?
Are you Dr. Wang?