Dr. Ming X. Wang, MD

Dr. Ming X. Wang, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Wang Vision Institute 1801 W End Ave Ste 1150, Nashville, TN 37203 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Wang specializes in Ophthalmology and practices in Nashville, TN. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Wang? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Wang's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Wang's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Ophthalmologynull

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Other Education

• CoreSource
      • National Elevator
      • POMCO Group
      • Triwest

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Reviewing Dr. Wang

Dr. Wang's Review Details
      4.7 based on 191 responses
      Experience with Dr. Wang
      Dr. Wang's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (171)
      in Mount Juliet, TN |
      I wasn't sure I really wanted LASIK surgery; I'm 23 and glasses have been a part of my face for the past ten years. And then I attended one of Dr. Wang's seminars. The seminar was very enlightening and after thinking about it a couple of months, I scheduled my surgery. The surgery went exactly as Dr. Wang described and I'm now three weeks post op and my vision couldn't be better. The glasses weren't so hard to give up after all. Thank you Dr. Wang and staff!
      in Clarksville, TN |
      Dr. Wang was very nice and professional. He helped me to see better than I ever thought I could. He was also very knowledgeable and has a way with explaining things to make them easier to understand. The surgery itself was significantly more comfortable than I had expected. I attribute much of that to Dr. Wang's extensive experience with performing these types of procedures.
      in Mt. Juliet TN |
      Wonderful Experience --As I see it! Dr. Wang and his staff provided excellent service and helped improve my vision significantly. Their skill and kindness stands apart from many today.
      in Paris, TN |
      I have wore glasses/contacts since I was 5 years old. For the first time in 38 years, I am glasses/contacts FREE thanks to Dr. Ming Wang at Wang Vision Institute. I had the new 3D Laser Forever Young Lens Surgery. This surgery corrects near and far vision and prevents cataracts! Dr. Wang personally prayed with me before both surgeries (one for each eye) and he personally called me each night after my surgery to check on me! I have NEVER had a doctor do that! He is the best! I would highly recomm
      in Brentwood, TN |
      I went to his seminar and decided to see if I was a candidate. I decided to have the 3D Lasik surgery. Everyone made me feel comfortable. The procedure was quick and basically pain free. I was able to see immediately without glasses or contacts.
      in Hendersonville, TN |
      I've had a lazy right eye since before I started kindergarten. I wore high + lenses. They magnified my eyes to look huge. My right eye never saw much more than the big E on the eye charts even with glasses. In elementary school when they would do vision checks I would memorize what the kids in front of me were reading off the charts because I didn't want them to know I couldn't see. I've lived with it all my life and my results with Dr Wang have greatly exceeded expectations. I'm amazed.
      in Smyrna, TN |
      Doug Abernathy I had 3D laser cataract surgery/forever young lens procedure Dr Wang and his staff are knowledgeable,professional,personable and compassionate group of people. Dr Wang called me personally the night of the surgery to see how I was doing. I want to thank everyone at the office and surgery center
      in Kentucky |
      There truly are no words to adequately describe how grateful I am to Dr. Wang and his staff for this gift of sight! I should have done this years ago...I had fears and doubts and now I don't even remember why. there was nothing to fear and no reason to doubt. I went from the burden of thick glasses and vision worse that legally blind to 20/20 vision in a matter of minutes. Dr. Wang's staff was amazing and he is a very special, special man
      in Murfreesboro, TN |
      What an amazing experience I had from start to finish with Dr. Wang and his staff. I can certainly appreciate a professional that values my time. There was no wait time and virtually no down time between testing and the procedure. I am enjoying my ability to see without my contacts or glasses. I highly recommend Dr. Ming Wang!!
      in Murfreesboro TN |
      After attending one of Dr. Wang's seminars, I decided to make the time to schedule a consultation. I arrived for my appointment and the evaluation began immediately. I was a candidate for LASIK!! The next morning, less than 24 hours after my procedure, I was driving myself, contact and glasses FREE, to my check up. The entire staff, and Dr. Wang himself, was a joy to work with. I strongly recommend Wang Vision Institute!
      in Clarksville, TN |
      Overall my experience was very good. I'm very happy to find someone like Dr. Wang who can correct my high prescription.
      in Mount Juliet, TN |
      Dr. Ming Wang is efficient, organized, professional and caring! This week I had 3D Laser Forever Young Lens Surgery at Wang Vision. Dr. Ming Wang and his staff prepared me beforehand on exactly what to expect and made me feel very comfortable during the surgery. It was quick, it was easy and I really appreciated Dr. Wang's personal follow-up phone call later that evening on how I was recovering. Dr. Wang follows up with every one of his patients that I've encountered.
      in Scottsville, KY |
      My mother in law Jane only has vision in one eye so when she developed a cataract in her only good eye she was nervous and very concern about the surgery. Dr. Wang and his staff gave her the ease she needed and assured her the surgery would be fine. And it was!! Couldn't have expect any more that he and his staff to do any more. They were Great!!
      in Mount Juliet, TN |
      Due to Dr. Wang?s esteemed education and immense experience, I felt very comfortable and confident under his care. Because I previously had RK I knew my surgery would be more challenging and I wanted the doctor with the most experience. I made the right decision!
      in Dickson, TN |
      I?ve been in glasses since kindergarten and I?m 24 years old. I came across an advertisement for Dr. Wang?s vision seminar in Dickson, TN a few weeks ago. I decided to attend and bring two friends to receive a free $200 value 3D LASIK exam and 25% off a LASIK procedure. Before this, I have seen three other LASIK surgeons in North Carolina and with the military. All three times, I was told, ?We?re sorry to inform you that you are not a good candidate for any laser corrective surgery due to your +
      in Nashville, TN |
      I had 3D cataract surgery the 5th of January and will have surgery again the 7th on my other eye. Absolutely a wonderful experience. I can already see the difference. Dr. Wang also said a prayer for me before surgery. I feel like God led me here. I highly recommend Dr. Wang and his efficient staff.
      in Nashville, TN |
      Dr. Wang & his staff have been very supportive & available during the entire process of pre op, op, & post op care for both my wife & myself in having cataract surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Wang & Wang Vision for any type of eye care issues. He & his staff are very knowledgeable & willing to take the time to ensure you are fully informed on what you can expect from having their team perform eye surgery. They work to ensure you are comfortable with the process & the expected results.
      in Nashville, TN |
      I am so thankful for Dr. Wang and his expertise! I was diagnosed with keratoconus a few years ago and I had lost hope and tried to come to terms with the fact that I would probably need a cornea transplant. Fortunately, I found Wang vision institute and Dr. Wang was an expert on my condition. He even wrote a text book on keratoconus! He shared with us about a new procedure called Intacs that was done with lasers and would slow the progression of my keratoconus. I had the Intacts procedure yester
      in Nashville, TN |
      I had a wonderful experience at the Wang Vision Institute. I have had an astigmatism for years and less than 24 hours after the surgery I was at 20/20 with no need for glasses. As a type 1 diabetic, I have always been very cautious with my eyes, but Dr. Wang and his staff were very thorough and reassuring throughout the process. I would recommend 3D Lasik to all my friends and family. The process was quick, painless, and most importantly effective.
      in Gallatin, TN |
      Great experience - would recommend to anyone. Safe and effective, and certainly one of the best in the world!
      Pleasant View, TN |
      Dr. Wang and his staff were great. I only trust my eyes to him!!! I had PRK surgery and my husband had Lasik and both went great and we see so much better now.
      in Smyrna, TN |
      I had to have cataracts removed in both eyes and my mom suggested I go see Dr. Wang. I'm very glad I did. For the procedure I was very nervous and Dr. Wang and his staff put me at ease. Dr. Wang also said a small prayer before the procedure and I'm 62 years old and no doctor has ever done that with me, it was very comforting. If you need anything done to your eyes I highly recommend Dr. Wang. Here in Nashville we are truly blessed to have such a great doctor.
      in Nashville, TN |
      I had 3D Lasik Cataract surgery on both eyes with one day in between the surgeries. I cannot say enough about Dr. Wang & his staff. I was very apprehensive about having eye surgery, but the 1st operation went so well that I decided to go ahead & have the second. His medical skills & his compassion for his patients made this a wonderful experience. I wanted the best to operate on my eyes, and he is certainly the best. He prayed for me before both surgeries & called me both nights to check on me.
      in Riverview, FL |
      Poor surgical results and no one cares. Would not recommend. If all is smooth all is well. Dr Wang doesn't even see you if there is a complication. Does not care about health only about reimbursement.
      in Roan Mountain, TN |
      This is part two to my review for my experiences at the Wang Vision Institute... On 22 April 2016 I had the second procedure on my journey to better vision without use of glasses! I had the 3D KAMRA procedure where a tiny thin disc is inserted into my eye which allows me to see close-up without inhibiting my distance vision. Dr Wang and his staff are not only competent, but also compassionate. I highly recommend this procedure as a way to eliminate the need for glasses!!
      in Tulsa, OK |
      Im from Tulsa, OK and I just had Tennessee's ONLY 3D LASIK at Wang Vision Institute in Nashville. I've been wearing glasses since the second grade so you can only imagine what it was like for me to be able to see for the first time without any help. Dr Wang and his staff are amazing, helpful, kind, and so sweet. They made the experience so smooth and as unstressful as could be. I would never go anywhere else and thank them from the bottom of my heart.
      in Nashville, TN |
      Dr. Wang performed 3D lasik astigmatism and cataract surgery for me, and I had an excellent experience. Dr. Wang and his staff are very accommodating, warm, and professional. Although lasers in your eyes seems like a very scary thing, I felt so safe and comfortable in Dr. Wang's capable hands. He even called me PERSONALLY to check in with me the night of my surgery! WOW. My experience at the Wang Vision Institute has literally made my world BRIGHTER!
      in Lebanon, TN |
      So excited to have 20/20 vision for the first time in my life! Dr Ming Wang and his staff were so nice and made me feel so comfortable. 3D Lasik- TNs only!
      in Tullahoma, TN |
      Just after having 3D Lasik by DR. Ming Wang, I?m seeing better than 20/20. When numerous other eye doctors said I wasn?t a candidate for Lasik. As a former military pilot of 30 years having eye surgery was not an easy decision to make. Dr. Wang?s staff did an excellent job explaining each step of the procedure. Then Dr. Wang went over the procedure with me. The procedure took total from start to finish about 20 minutes with prep time. Dr. Wang and his team kept me informed every of post-op
      in Ooltewah, TN |
      From the initial evaluation, through the surgery, and the post-op evaluation, my experience with Dr. Ming Wang and his staff were excellent. I will highly recommend Dr. Wang to all my families and friends.
      in White Bluff, Tn |
      Dr. Ming Wang and his staff are all very caring people. They are very nice and very helpful. They all do a great job of making someone feel comfortable. Dr. Wang is an extraordinary man. I would highly recommend him to anyone that is interested in having their eyes fixed so they can see better.
      in Hopkinsville, KY |
      I was very nervous to have 3D LASIK and Dr. Wang and his team made it a wonderful experience! They talked me through the whole way and my results are better than I ever dreamed. I was legally blind before and now I have better than 20/20 vision! Thank you so much Dr. Wang!
      in Nashville, TN |
      Dr. Wang is the best!!! I have every confidence in him and his abilities! I recommend him wholeheartedly!!!
      in Bowling Green, KY |
      I had cataract surgery 9 years ago and had a faulty lens. Dr. Wang was the only doctor that would attempt to replace the lens. He replaced the lens after several treatments and now for the first time in a very long time I have clear vision. Dr. Wang and his staff are amazing and very professional and friendly. The doctors are extremely knowledgeable and can do so much more than other doctors would even attempt.
      in Coalmont, TN |
      Dr.Wang is the premiere Dr. in his field The only Dr. in TN to do 3D lasik. Glad to have been one of his patients.
      in Owensboro, KY |
      I recently had the 3D Laser Kamra inlay surgery in my left eye by Dr. Wang in Nashville, TN. I would highly recommend Dr. Wang and his staff to anyone for their vision needs. I am looking forward to improvements in my vision in the next month or so. The procedure lasted about 15 minutes and while it was uncomfortable, it was not painful. Because of an accident in I65, I was over 1 1/2 hours late to my surgery. I live two hours away and was afraid I would have to come back. it was no problem.
      in Paducah, KY |
      Dr .Wang and his staff are quite simply the BEST. After meeting him at a seminar he held in Paducah, KY i had already made the decision that if i was a candidate for eye surgery he would be the one to do it. He is a brilliant doctor, compassionate and charitable humanitarian. He has led an extraordinary life. His faith in Christ pretty much sealed the deal concerning my decision to proceed with having the 3D lasik eye surgery. It meant the world to me that he prayed for me right before the proce
      in Clarksville, TN |
      Dr. Ming Wang's 3D LASIK surgery is superior! Dr. Wang's approach and execution are truly inspired! My eyesight had disqualified me from working for certain federal law enforcement agencies, but Dr. Wang and his staff worked tirelessly to help me finance, prepare, and receive 3D LASIK surgery in one day! Now my vision is perfect and I can pursue my dream career! I cannot say thank you enough to Dr. Wang and his staff for 3D LASIK!
      in Paris, TN |
      I had 3D Lasik surgery by Dr. Ming Wang. The surgery went extremely well, and I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Wang and his staff. They treated me like family and answered all my questions. I would recommend Wang Vision Institute for anyone who cares about their eyes and wants to go the best.
      in Cookeville, TN |
      Dr. Wang and his staff were nothing but absolutely wonderful during my journey to perfect vision. This Friday I had 3D-PRK performed on my right eye, and everyone was totally professional and respectful, and the surgery was quick and as painless as possible. I can't explain what a gift it is to be able to see clearly!! I am so pleased!! Each day when I wake I will thank God for restoring my sight and remember Dr. Ming Wang and his team of doctors and nurses in my prayers.
      in Winchester, TN |
      I cannot say enough about my Wang Vision Institute experience! Dr. Wang and his staff did an amazing job of answering my questions, putting me at ease, they were courteous and caring, and made sure that I understood every step of my procedure. Before deciding to go to just any Dr, I did a little research on many of them that advertised "Lasik Surgery", I am so pleased I made the decision to have the 3D Laser Forever Young Lens surgery performed by Dr. Ming Wang in Nashville, I know I made the r
      in Mount Juliet, TN |
      Excellent Doctor highly skilled and awesome patient skills. My 3D Forever young surgery went very well and I will be thankful to Dr. Wang and his staff forever.
      in Hardyville Kentucky |
      I am very impressed with my results of the 3D Forever Young Lens surgery ,went just as was told and felt very comforted in procedure ,just a piece of cake and will FOREVER be thankful to GOD I was directed to Wang Vision and grateful to Dr Wang ,
      in Clarksville, TN |
      Having 3D Lasik surgery at Wang Vision Institute was one of the best decisions I've made this year. The staff and environment helps you to feel at home right away. Dr. Wang was great and even called the night of my surgery to find out how I was doing. I would definitely be recommending him to my family and friends who wear glasses or contacts. It feels great to have perfect vision again.
      in Columbia, TN |
      Curteous, kind, high expertise, great staff.
      in Hopkinsville, KY |
      Everything was much better than I had expected. This was something I had been waiting for & was thrilled when he had a seminar in Hopkinsville KY.
      in Nashville, TN |
      Dr Wang's staff was very friendly and most importantly I have 20/20 now!
      Murfreesboro, TN |
      I am 65 & have worn corrective lenses and/or contact lenses since I was 12 years old. Early this year I had to make a decision to have cataract surgery. After doing extensive research & talking with many people that had had the surgery, I chose Dr. Ming Wang -----and I am so glad I did. Dr Wang is exactly what I expected, a very sincere, caring man who loves what he does. I felt immediately comfortable with he & his staff. I could not ask for a better experience. Thank you Dr. Wang!!
      in Murfreesboro, TN |
      I had the lasik 3-D surgery on Friday, April 1, 2016. I had no problems with it and can see very well. Everyone at Wang Vision Institute were super nice and courteous. My wife liked the fact that Dr. Wang, himself called the night of the surgery to make sure I was okay. For anyone considering lasik surgery, I very highly recommend Dr. Wang! Was this rating useful? 0 ?
      in Lebanon, TN |
      The team was far above our expectations in all phases of the care. The results, too, have gone beyond our hopes.
      Have you seen Dr. Wang?
      Are you Dr. Wang? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Wang

• Cornea Surgery
      • Cornea Transplant
      • Excision or Destruction of Lesion of Cornea
      • Eye Surgery
      • Intracorneal Ring (ICR)
      • Ocular Surface Reconstruction

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Harvard Medical School

Graduated in 1991

St Barnabas Med Center

Completed in 1992

Wills Eye Hospital

Completed in 1996

Bascom Palmer Eye Institute

Completed in 1997

Dr. Wang has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese
      ×

Dr. Wang's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ophthalmology
      • Board certified in Ophthalmology
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Wang

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Wang's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Wang

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients