Dr. Miltiadis Zgonis, MD

Orthopedic Sports Medicine | Male

University Of Penn Orthpdc Sgy 235 S 33rd St Ste 1 Philadelphia, PA 19104 Get Directions
Dr. Miltiadis Zgonis, MD
Dr. Miltiadis Zgonis, MD is an orthopedic sports medicine doctor who practices in Philadelphia, PA. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 13 years. Dr. Zgonis is affiliated with Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and Penn Presbyterian Medical Center.

Dr. Zgonis' Experience

See how Dr. Zgonis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Zgonis

Dr. Zgonis accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Zgonis is now accepting new patients
Weightman Hall235 S 33rd St Ste 1
Philadelphia, PA 19104
(215) 615-4400Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Zgonis has admitting privileges.

Dr. Zgonis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zgonis to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Zgonis' Performance
Philadelphia, PA |
I went to Dr Zgonis in 2016 he was my second opinion I was told I needed a knee replacement I was only 41 and didn't really want to do that yet:...he offered me another option so I wouldn't have to go with a knee replacement....it has been over a year since my surgery and I feel great..Dr Zgonis really listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions....i would highly recommend him to anyone....just his bedside manner and he is an excellent surgeon/doctor
Philadelphia, PA |
I saw Dr. Zgonis for acute shoulder pain that I had been having for 8 weeks. My pain was bad enough that I couldn't sleep at night, and couldn't turn my head in any direction. He was an hour behind schedule, wouldn't let me finish explaining my symptoms before he diagnosed me with a "strained muscle," and prescribed PT. After no improvement for weeks, I saw a neurologist who told me that I actually had a herniated disc that was causing radiating nerve pain down my shoulder... thanks Dr. Zgonis.
in philadelphia, pa |
While Dr. Zgonis was running a bit behind schedule, it was clear why after seeing him. I've been dealing with a knee injury for some time now and Dr. Zgonis was able to help me and gave me all of the time I needed to ask my questions, a truly great bedside manner. He was recommended to me by a friend that had surgery with him and I could not be happier with the recommendation.
in chalfont pa |
went for a appointment today at 12:20. Waited until 1:10 minutes, then I left without ever seeing him. I'll never be back. My time is valuable too. He needs to invest in a scheduler.
Dear Tom, I am sad to see that you had to wait so long and that I wasn't able to see you and try to help with your problem. The truth is that while we live in a world where patients are scheduled at specific intervals, some patients require more time than what is scheduled due to the complexity of the problem they are facing. You can't rush these things. Unfortunately, this makes me run behind at times. It's unpredictable and not typical. I hope you understand and had your problem addressed.
North Brunswick, NJ |
He is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain everything until the patient and family understand. He is able to get his point across without talking down to his patients and he doesn't rush through the appointment, so can at times be understandably delayed. It was very easy to get appointments as needed for my daughter who had a torn acl, LCL and mcl, resulting in acl reconstruction.
in philadelphia pa |
Dr. Zgonis, Lisa and Yen are the so kind, caring and really go the extra mile. I think they are all wonderful, so compassionate and are very skilled. I'm very happy with Dr. Zgonis, Lisa and Yen, they are wonderful. I highly recommend them!
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. zgonis is the most wonderful, kind, excellent and caring Dr. I have come across. He is a fabulous surgeon and is surrounded by the most competent and terrific assistant named Lisa. I highly recommend Penn Ortho. I feel that Dr. Zgonis and the other Drs. Affiliated with Penn are the finest around!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Miltiadis Zgonis, MD?

Compare Dr. Zgonis

Dr. Zgonis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Zgonis has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Zgonis' Board Certifications

• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear

Completed in 2013

Tufts University

Graduated in 2000

• Greek

Dr. Zgonis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zgonis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine