Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Miles Burke, MD
Hello. I am Dr. Miles Burke. I want to talk to you about children's eye care. Proper visual development requires that the eyes see or focus clearly and that the eyes are aligned properly or that they are straight. Eyes that do not see clearly may only be due to something as simple as their not focusing properly which glasses correct. A more serious problem may interfere with an eye's ability to see. This is called amblyopia. Amblyopia must be identified and treated by age 8 to have a chance of success. Eye misalignment or strabismus is a condition where the eyes may be crossed or may drift outwardly. Eye misalignment may interfere with binocular or two-eyed depth perception. Strabismus may also cause amblyopia. The best way to know if your child has an eye or vision problem is to be screened. Your child's pediatrician is the best first step for eye screening. If they determine that your child may have an eye problem, your child will be referred for a complete evaluation (exam) by a pediatric ophthalmologist - a child's Eye M.D. care specialist. I am Cincinnati's first full-time pediatric ophthalmologist. I have cared for and treated tens of thousands of patients over the last three decades. My colleagues have recognized me as one of Cincinnati's Best and Top Doctors. My patients and their families have honored me through Patients' Choice Awards as one of America's Most Compassionate Doctors and one of Ohio's Favorite Physicians. If you have a concern about your child's eyes, come see me, Dr. Miles Burke. Your child will be seen in a warm, child-friendly environment where I care for them personally and treat each one as if they were my own. Call 513-984-4949 today. Allow me to care for your child's eyes.

Miles J Burke MD

10475 Montgomery Rd Ste 4F

Cincinnati, OH 45242

• AvMed
  • Health Span
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • PHCS

Learn about Dr. Burke

My specialty is Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Eye Muscle Problems. Pediatric Ophthalmology is a subspecialty of ophthalmology concerned with strabismus and visual development in infants, children, and teenagers. Pediatric Ophthalmologists also manage adults with eye alignment disorders or strabismus. The best way to know if your child has an eye or vision problem is to be screened by your child's pediatrician. If you have a concern about your child's eyes, come see me. I care for each personally.

Dr. Burke's Experience

Dr. Burke's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Color Blindness
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Duane Retraction Syndrome
  • Reading Disorders
  • Refractive Error
  • Retina Diseases
  • Retinoblastoma
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Solar Retinopathy

• Eye Surgery
  • Strabismus Examination
  • Strabismus Surgery
  • Tear Duct Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• University Of Arizona
  • University Mich Hosps
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1978
  • Wills Eye Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1979
  • Masters Of Science In Ophthalmology From University Of Michigan Rackham College
    Other Education | Completed 1978

• Americas Top Doctors, 2001 - 201
  • Americas Top Ophthalmologists, 2002 - 201
  • Best Doctors, 1996 - 201
  • Patients Choice Favorite Doctor, 2009 - 201
  • Patients Choice Most Compassionate Doctor, 2010 - 201
  • Patients Choice Promptness "On-Time", 2010 - 201
  • over 60 publications, 1980-1998

Dr. Burke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Burke's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burke to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Burke Says:

I have received hundreds of unsolicited testimonials from parents and patients.  To view a sample of these testimonials, please...

Dr. Burke's Performance
in KY |
I don't have enough positive things to say about Dr. Burke! He is fabulous! As a parent, you are always concerned with how your child will do with new people, especially during appointments. My son took to Dr. Burke instantly! Dr. Burke and his staff are wonderful and welcoming! I am so happy that we found him! My son will be a patient of Dr. Burkes for many years to come!
Maineville, OH |
Dr. Burke is a very caring physician. He is extremely passionate about what he does and he always takes his time and makes sure our questions are answered. He makes our visits fun and puts our son's fears at ease! He recently operated on our son's eye muscle and our son noticed an immediate difference in the way he looked the next day. We were so happy with the results of this surgery! There isn't anyone better...Thank you Dr. Burke for all you do!
in Edgewood KY |
My husband and I are so grateful to have found Dr. Burke. In Apr 2016, I noticed my 8 month old son's eye drifting outward. When I tried to get into a Dr at Cincinnati Children's I was told that they wouldn't schedule him until August. I called Dr Burke's office and was thrilled when his warm and friendly staff were able to get my son on the schedule due to a cancellation. My son's case was progressing rapidly and he needed surgery within only a few months of our first visit with Dr Burke. I fee
One of the best physicians I have ever met. His bedside manner and love for his patients Is priceless. I can't express in words how comforting and caring Dr. Burke is. Thank you Dr. Burke for helping my family.
in Cincinnati, OH |
There aren't enough positive words in the English language to describe what a fabulous doctor Dr. Burke is. He has treated 2 of my children and is amazing with them. Because of him, my son's eyes strengthened enough to see 20/20 with glasses and my daughter stopped having headaches and dizziness caused by her previously untreated eye condition. You will love him. We sure do!
in Batavia, OH |
My son started seeing Dr. Burke when he was 4 years old. As a first time mom of a child with eye issues, I was nervous to say the least. My son is not the easiest to deal with at doctors. It usually taking bribing, however with Dr. Burke, my son BEGS to see him. He's super funny, super friendly, and makes the entire experience exciting! When the visit is over, my son does not want to leave. He explained my son's issues in an understandable way. Secretary staff are wonderful!
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
Dr. Burke has been a God send to our family. When our son was initially diagnosed 4 years ago, we were able to schedule an appointment within two weeks of calling. Dr. Burke made us feel comfortable but more importantly built a relationship with our son. Even after having surgery to correct his eyes, our son still looks forward to every appointment & is always quick to tell everyone he knows, how much he loves Dr. Burke. We are so very blessed to have our son under Dr. Burke's care.
in Lebanon, OH |
My daughter has to see a lot of doctors and doesn't like a single one until Dr. Burke. He's a bit on the kooky side which works perfectly for little ones. He explained everything to me in terms that made sense and engaged with my daughter at the same time. He performed surgery on my daughter that went perfectly and followed up with care and concern. Overall a great experience!
in Hamilton, OH |
I would recommend Dr. Burke to anyone who asks me! Dr. Burke is kind and courteous, as well as his staff! When my daughter had an eye infection Dr. Burke's staff got us in that same day! We had to come back for a few follow up appointments, and everyone worked with our schedules! Dr. Burke is, hands down, the best eye doctor we have ever been to!!
Cincinnati, OH |
Excellent physician and office staff. Highly recommend.
in Mason, OH |
Dr. Miles Burke is probably the most wonderful doctor that has ever taken care of me. I had really bad double-vision problems and had just about given up hope when someone mentioned me to see him. He fixed my double-vision and turned my whole life around. He is also so kind and personable and the only doctor that has ever directly followed up with me both before and after a surgery. I love the man :)
in Cincinnati, OH |
In 2015, Dr. Burke operated on my eyes (3) times as I had a significant vertical mis-alignment due to adult strabismus. Dr. Burke was fully committed, readily accessible, and demonstrated a wonderful bedside manner during the whole 10 month process.
We had a wonderful experience with Dr. Burke. My son is 4 years old and very shy, and Dr. Burke immediately brought him out of his shell. He is amazing with kids and incredibly knowledgeable in his field. He made the eye exam fun!! My son complains when it is time to go to any doctor, but since we left Dr. Burke's office he has been asking when we can go back! He also spent plenty of time with me answering all of my questions. His front desk staff is also very nice and easy to work with.
in Dayton, OH |
He spent all the time we needed answering questions both pre and post op. The surgery was successful and repaired muscle damage to restore normal vision.
in Cincinnati, OH |
We went to see Dr.Burke after an awful experience with another physician. We were seeking a second opinion on the need of our 3 year old son to have a second eye surgery. Dr.Burke addressed our concerns and most importantly made our son feel at ease. My also has Cerebral Palsy and see's a lot of doctors. He hates them. When he actually started to look forward to seeing Dr. Burke I knew we had found the right doctor. He took the time to get to know my son and address my worries.
Have you seen Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
Are you Dr. Burke?