Dr. Miles J. Burke, MD

Dr. Miles J. Burke, MD

Pediatric Ophthalmology | Male

Miles J Burke MD 10475 Montgomery Rd Ste 4F, Cincinnati, OH 45242 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

My specialty is Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Eye Muscle Problems. Pediatric Ophthalmology is a subspecialty of ophthalmology concerned with strabismus and visual development in infants, children, and teenagers. Pediatric Ophthalmologists also manage adults with eye alignment disorders or strabismus. The best way to know if your child has an eye or vision problem is to be screened by your child's pediatrician. If you have a concern about your child's eyes, come see me. I care for each personally.Read more

Personal Bio

Hello. I am Dr. Miles Burke. I want to talk to you about children's eye care. Proper visual development...Read more

Dr. Burke's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Burke's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Burke

Dr. Burke accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Burke has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Burke's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burke to family and friends
4.3
Experience with Dr. Burke
Dr. Burke's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (20)
Dr. Burke Says:

in Hamilton, OH |
I would recommend Dr. Burke to anyone who asks me! Dr. Burke is kind and courteous, as well as his staff! When my daughter had an eye infection Dr. Burke's staff got us in that same day! We had to come back for a few follow up appointments, and everyone worked with our schedules! Dr. Burke is, hands down, the best eye doctor we have ever been to!!
Cincinnati, OH |
Excellent physician and office staff. Highly recommend.
in Mason, OH |
Dr. Miles Burke is probably the most wonderful doctor that has ever taken care of me. I had really bad double-vision problems and had just about given up hope when someone mentioned me to see him. He fixed my double-vision and turned my whole life around. He is also so kind and personable and the only doctor that has ever directly followed up with me both before and after a surgery. I love the man :)
in Cincinnati, OH |
In 2015, Dr. Burke operated on my eyes (3) times as I had a significant vertical mis-alignment due to adult strabismus. Dr. Burke was fully committed, readily accessible, and demonstrated a wonderful bedside manner during the whole 10 month process.
We had a wonderful experience with Dr. Burke. My son is 4 years old and very shy, and Dr. Burke immediately brought him out of his shell. He is amazing with kids and incredibly knowledgeable in his field. He made the eye exam fun!! My son complains when it is time to go to any doctor, but since we left Dr. Burke's office he has been asking when we can go back! He also spent plenty of time with me answering all of my questions. His front desk staff is also very nice and easy to work with.
in Dayton, OH |
He spent all the time we needed answering questions both pre and post op. The surgery was successful and repaired muscle damage to restore normal vision.
in Cincinnati, OH |
We went to see Dr.Burke after an awful experience with another physician. We were seeking a second opinion on the need of our 3 year old son to have a second eye surgery. Dr.Burke addressed our concerns and most importantly made our son feel at ease. My also has Cerebral Palsy and see's a lot of doctors. He hates them. When he actually started to look forward to seeing Dr. Burke I knew we had found the right doctor. He took the time to get to know my son and address my worries.
Have you seen Dr. Miles J. Burke, MD?

Compare Dr. Burke

• Pediatric Ophthalmology

Why It Matters: Dr. Burke's Board Certifications

• Ophthalmology

Dr. Burke says..

I am Cincinnati's first full-time pediatric ophthalmologist.  I have cared for and treated tens of thousands of patients over the last three decades.  My colleagues have recognized me as one of Cincinnati's Best Doctors, and one of America's Top Doctors and Top Ophthalmologists.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
    • Adult Strabismus
    • Color Blindness
    • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
    • Corneal Diseases
    • Diplopia
    • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
    • Duane Retraction Syndrome
    • Reading Disorders
    • Refractive Error
    • Retina Diseases
    • Retinoblastoma
    • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
    • Solar Retinopathy
    • Trichiasis
    • Uveitis and Iridocyclitis
    • Vision Disorders

Dr. Burke says..

I feel as if I was born to be a Pediatric Ophthalmologist.

Parents often ask me "How do you do it?" and "do you always have so much energy?"

I answer them that I am able to be the way I am because I LOVE WHAT I DO.

I am fortunate that most children recognize that I am there to help them.  This allows them to relax and cooperate which allows me to exam them painlessly and with great precision.

It is the accuracy of these exam findings together with my wonderfully gifted SURGEON'S HANDS that allow my patients to obtain good surgical results.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
    • Botox® for Strabismus
    • Excision of Chalazion
    • Extraocular Muscle Surgery
    • Eye Examination
    • Eye Surgery
    • Strabismus Examination
    • Strabismus Surgery
    • Tear Duct Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

University Of Arizona

• Patients Choice Favorite Doctor, 2009 - 201
      • Patients Choice Most Compassionate Doctor, 2010 - 201
      • Patients Choice Promptness "On-Time", 2010 - 201
      • over 60 publications, 1980-1998

Dr. Burke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Burke's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Pediatric Ophthalmology
    • Board certified in Ophthalmology
    • Malpractice claims in Ohio not available
    ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Burke

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Burke's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
    10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Burke

Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Burke says...

Hello.  I am Dr. Miles Burke.

I want to talk to you about children's eye care.

Proper visual development requires that the eyes see or focus clearly and that the eyes are aligned properly or that they are straight.

Eyes that do not see clearly may only be due to something as simple as their not focusing properly which glasses correct.

A more serious problem may interfere with an eye's ability to see.  This is called amblyopia.  Amblyopia must be identified and treated by age 8 to have a chance of success.

Eye misalignment or strabismus is a condition where the eyes may be crossed or may drift outwardly.  Eye misalignment may interfere with binocular or two-eyed depth perception.  Strabismus may also cause amblyopia.

The best way to know if your child has an eye or vision problem is to be screened.   Your child's pediatrician is the best first step for eye screening.

If they determine that your child may have an eye problem, your child will be referred for a complete evaluation (exam) by a pediatric ophthalmologist - a child's Eye M.D. care specialist.

I am Cincinnati's first full-time pediatric ophthalmologist.  I have cared for and treated tens of thousands of patients over the last three decades.  My colleagues have recognized me as one of Cincinnati's Best and Top Doctors.  My patients and their families have honored me through Patients' Choice Awards as one of America's Most Compassionate Doctors and one of Ohio's Favorite Physicians.

If you have a concern about your child's eyes, come see me, Dr. Miles Burke.  Your child will be seen in a warm, child-friendly environment where I care for them personally and treat each one as if they were my own.

Call 513-984-4949 today.  Allow me to care for your child's eyes.

Dr. Burke's Care Philosophy

Dr. Burke says...

I feel as if I was born to be a Pediatric Ophthalmologist.

I answer them that I am able to be the way I am because I LOVE WHAT I DO.

Dr. Burke says...

I have received hundreds of unsolicited testimonials from parents and patients.  To view a sample of these testimonials, please visit my website at http://www.drmilesburke.com/testimonials.html .