Dr. Miles J. Burke, MD

Dr. Miles J. Burke, MD

Pediatric Ophthalmology | Male

Miles J Burke MD 10475 Montgomery Rd Ste 4F, Cincinnati, OH 45242 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Hello. I am Dr. Miles Burke. I want to talk to you about children's eye care. Proper visual development...   Read More

Dr. Burke's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Burke's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Ophthalmologynull

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Burke

Dr. Burke accepts 10 insurance carriers

10 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

• AvMed
      • Health Span
      • Medical Mutual of Ohio
      • PHCS

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Burke has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Burke

Dr. Burke's Review Details
      4.2 based on 21 responses
      Experience with Dr. Burke
      Dr. Burke's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (19)
      Dr. Burke says

I have received hundreds of unsolicited testimonials from parents and patients.  To view a sample of these testimonials, please visit my website at http://www.drmilesburke.com/testimonials.html .

Cincinnati, OH |
      Excellent physician and office staff. Highly recommend.
      in Mason, OH |
      Dr. Miles Burke is probably the most wonderful doctor that has ever taken care of me. I had really bad double-vision problems and had just about given up hope when someone mentioned me to see him. He fixed my double-vision and turned my whole life around. He is also so kind and personable and the only doctor that has ever directly followed up with me both before and after a surgery. I love the man :)
      in Cincinnati, OH |
      In 2015, Dr. Burke operated on my eyes (3) times as I had a significant vertical mis-alignment due to adult strabismus. Dr. Burke was fully committed, readily accessible, and demonstrated a wonderful bedside manner during the whole 10 month process.
      We had a wonderful experience with Dr. Burke. My son is 4 years old and very shy, and Dr. Burke immediately brought him out of his shell. He is amazing with kids and incredibly knowledgeable in his field. He made the eye exam fun!! My son complains when it is time to go to any doctor, but since we left Dr. Burke's office he has been asking when we can go back! He also spent plenty of time with me answering all of my questions. His front desk staff is also very nice and easy to work with.
      in Dayton, OH |
      He spent all the time we needed answering questions both pre and post op. The surgery was successful and repaired muscle damage to restore normal vision.
      in Cincinnati, OH |
      We went to see Dr.Burke after an awful experience with another physician. We were seeking a second opinion on the need of our 3 year old son to have a second eye surgery. Dr.Burke addressed our concerns and most importantly made our son feel at ease. My also has Cerebral Palsy and see's a lot of doctors. He hates them. When he actually started to look forward to seeing Dr. Burke I knew we had found the right doctor. He took the time to get to know my son and address my worries.
      Have you seen Dr. Burke?

• Color Blindness
      • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
      • Corneal Diseases
      • Diplopia
      • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
      • Duane Retraction Syndrome
      • Reading Disorders
      • Refractive Error
      • Retina Diseases
      • Retinoblastoma
      • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
      • Solar Retinopathy

• Eye Surgery
      • Strabismus Examination
      • Strabismus Surgery
      • Tear Duct Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

University of Arizona

• Patients Choice Most Compassionate Doctor, 2010 - 201
        • Patients Choice Promptness On-Time, 2010 - 201
        • over 60 publications, 1980-1998

×

Dr. Burke's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Pediatric Ophthalmology
      • Board certified in Ophthalmology
      • Malpractice claims in Ohio not available
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Burke

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Burke's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Burke

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Burke says...

Hello.  I am Dr. Miles Burke.

I want to talk to you about children's eye care.

Proper visual development requires that the eyes see or focus clearly and that the eyes are aligned properly or that they are straight.

Eyes that do not see clearly may only be due to something as simple as their not focusing properly which glasses correct.

A more serious problem may interfere with an eye's ability to see.  This is called amblyopia.  Amblyopia must be identified and treated by age 8 to have a chance of success.

Eye misalignment or strabismus is a condition where the eyes may be crossed or may drift outwardly.  Eye misalignment may interfere with binocular or two-eyed depth perception.  Strabismus may also cause amblyopia.

The best way to know if your child has an eye or vision problem is to be screened.   Your child's pediatrician is the best first step for eye screening.

If they determine that your child may have an eye problem, your child will be referred for a complete evaluation (exam) by a pediatric ophthalmologist - a child's Eye M.D. care specialist.

I am Cincinnati's first full-time pediatric ophthalmologist.  I have cared for and treated tens of thousands of patients over the last three decades.  My colleagues have recognized me as one of Cincinnati's Best and Top Doctors.  My patients and their families have honored me through Patients' Choice Awards as one of America's Most Compassionate Doctors and one of Ohio's Favorite Physicians.

If you have a concern about your child's eyes, come see me, Dr. Miles Burke.  Your child will be seen in a warm, child-friendly environment where I care for them personally and treat each one as if they were my own.

Call 513-984-4949 today.  Allow me to care for your child's eyes.

Dr. Burke's Care Philosophy

My specialty is Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Eye Muscle Problems. Pediatric Ophthalmology is a subspecialty of ophthalmology concerned with strabismus and visual development in infants, children, and teenagers. Pediatric Ophthalmologists also manage adults with eye alignment disorders or strabismus. The best way to know if your child has an eye or vision problem is to be screened by your child's pediatrician. If you have a concern about your child's eyes, come see me. I care for each personally.

Dr. Burke says...

I am Cincinnati's first full-time pediatric ophthalmologist.  I have cared for and treated tens of thousands of patients over the last three decades.  My colleagues have recognized me as one of Cincinnati's Best Doctors, and one of America's Top Doctors and Top Ophthalmologists.

Dr. Burke says...

I feel as if I was born to be a Pediatric Ophthalmologist.

Parents often ask me "How do you do it?" and "do you always have so much energy?"

I answer them that I am able to be the way I am because I LOVE WHAT I DO.

I am fortunate that most children recognize that I am there to help them.  This allows them to relax and cooperate which allows me to exam them painlessly and with great precision.

It is the accuracy of these exam findings together with my wonderfully gifted SURGEON'S HANDS that allow my patients to obtain good surgical results.