Dr. Miles Burke, MD

Ophthalmology •  Male • Age 71

Dr. Burke

Miles J Burke MD

10475 Montgomery Rd Montgomery, OH 45242

Dr. Miles Burke, MD is a Ophthalmology Specialist in Montgomery, OH and has over 46 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Arizona medical school in 1974. He is affiliated with medical facilities Cincinnati Childrens Hospital Medical Center - Burnet Campus and The Jewish Hospital-mercy Health. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Burke to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Ophthalmology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Burke accepts

Dr. Burke accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health
AvMed
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO
Health Span
Preferred PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
PHCS

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Burke's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Burke's Top Procedures and Conditions

Migraine

Dr. Burke treats Migraine more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Burke treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Basilar Migraine
  • Migrainous Stupor Migraine
  • Oculomotor Migraine
  • Retinal Migraine
  • Visual Migraine
Hide other areas of care
Diplopia

Dr. Burke treats Diplopia more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Burke treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Burke treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 96% of his peers

• Ulcer

Dr. Burke's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Burke

Dr. Burke?
My son has several special needs, autism and deafness to include just a few. He is not your average patient and is certainly not easy. Dr. Burke has a way of reaching him and working with him that I've rarely seen in our experiences with doctors. He is just the kid whisperer! My son did such a great job in that appointment and was able to fully participate without fear, even when Dr. Burke did the eyedrops. This is unheard of in our previous experiences with other doctors. We love Dr. Burke and we also love the friendly staff that go above and beyond. It's all around one of the best medical experiences we've ever had. Can't recommend him enough!
Best Pediatric Opthalmologist Around – Sep 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
I went to Dr. Burke as a kid, and he was amazing! He had (and looking at the reviews, still does!) the coolest waiting room with everything a kid could want. Dr. Burke was incredible with my surgery and knows what he is doing, following up and seeing him meant a lot too - I loved it. Wish he took adults! He is compassionate, intelligent, patient, skilled - the best eye doctor in the city.
Maeve Mallory – Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
We have known Dr. Burke for nearly 18 years. He was the fifth Ophthalmologist to see our oldest special needs daughter because the previous four were not certain they could correct her amblyopia in one surgery, or that the correction would even last. They had us doing patching and eye-muscle exercises for a very long time. Those things were were very difficult to maintain along with her other issues. When we met with Dr. Burke, he told us that none of those tasks would ever be effective and to allow him to surgically correct her eye problem. He operated on her and fixed everything safely in one surgery. 17 years later, her eye muscles are still holding, her vision is great, and she looks beautiful. Our younger special needs daughter is also a patient of Dr. Burke. With regular office visits, he has made sure that their eyes are functioning optimally. We have absolute confidence in him. There is no other eye doctor in the region that can accomplish the same results!
Oct 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
Dr. Burke did a great job with my recession surgery. He has great rapport with his patients. He answered all of my preop questions and followed up after with a phone call to see how I was doing. I am really pleased with the outcome of my surgery.
Lisa Vanderloo – Nov 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
Dr.Burke can be summed up in one word-amazing. He has the best waiting room in the known universe (electronics, toys, a MOVIE Theater), his staff is friendly and eager to help, and he is hands down the nicest guy you could meet. Appointments never feel rushed yet he keeps kids completely entertained and engaged the whole time. My kids love him and so do I!
Stephanie in Liberty Township , OH – Jun 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
Dr. Burke is someone that doesn’t give up and is truly amazing at his work. He has givin me my confidence back.
Melissa craig in IN – Jun 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
What a wonderful experience it has been taking my daughter to Dr. Burke! In the past, she was scared to go to the eye doctor, but after her first visit with Dr. Burke, she kept begging me to go back as soon as possible. She loved the waiting room filled with games, and Dr. Burke made her feel like the most special person in the world. He took a special interest in her as a person and spent a lot of time working with my daughter to make sure her new prescription was exactly right.
Susan Bavis in OH – Apr 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Burke . I had a great experience getting eye alignment surgery . He’s thorough and caring during the entire process. My eyes are straight for the first time ever !
Apr 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
Dr Burke is the most pleasant, and easy going Dr I have ever met! He makes you feel at ease and is friendly, quick-witted and excellent at what he does! Our daughter sees him and we all love this doctor. We highly recommend him! The Bartletts
The Bartletts in Milford, OH – Dec 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
Dr Burke is literally THE BEST PEDIATRIC EYE DOCTOR in Cincinnati! When we walked into his office, my kids were in heaven. Coolest waiting room ever! When you meet Dr Burke you will immediately feel at ease. His personality is exactly what you dream of for a pediatric doctor. He uses silly voices, engages your child, and has every toy and trick in the book to distract them while he is doing an exam. He did a fantastic job on my 3 yr old's eye surgery. I would highly recommend him!
Becca Logan in Cincinnati, OH – Nov 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
I recommend Dr. Burke all the time. He is a wonderful doctor and has a great office staff. He runs on time, works at having a relationship with my son, explains findings and procedures thoroughly and is a kind man,
Cincinnati, OH – Nov 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
I don't have enough positive things to say about Dr. Burke! He is fabulous! As a parent, you are always concerned with how your child will do with new people, especially during appointments. My son took to Dr. Burke instantly! Dr. Burke and his staff are wonderful and welcoming! I am so happy that we found him! My son will be a patient of Dr. Burkes for many years to come!
Allyson R. in KY – Sep 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
Dr. Burke is a very caring physician. He is extremely passionate about what he does and he always takes his time and makes sure our questions are answered. He makes our visits fun and puts our son's fears at ease! He recently operated on our son's eye muscle and our son noticed an immediate difference in the way he looked the next day. We were so happy with the results of this surgery! There isn't anyone better...Thank you Dr. Burke for all you do!
Maineville, OH – Aug 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
My husband and I are so grateful to have found Dr. Burke. In Apr 2016, I noticed my 8 month old son's eye drifting outward. When I tried to get into a Dr at Cincinnati Children's I was told that they wouldn't schedule him until August. I called Dr Burke's office and was thrilled when his warm and friendly staff were able to get my son on the schedule due to a cancellation. My son's case was progressing rapidly and he needed surgery within only a few months of our first visit with Dr Burke. I fee
Sierra Linnell in Edgewood KY – Apr 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
One of the best physicians I have ever met. His bedside manner and love for his patients Is priceless. I can't express in words how comforting and caring Dr. Burke is. Thank you Dr. Burke for helping my family.
Cameron Stanley – Feb 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
There aren't enough positive words in the English language to describe what a fabulous doctor Dr. Burke is. He has treated 2 of my children and is amazing with them. Because of him, my son's eyes strengthened enough to see 20/20 with glasses and my daughter stopped having headaches and dizziness caused by her previously untreated eye condition. You will love him. We sure do!
Bernadette L in Cincinnati, OH – Jan 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
My son started seeing Dr. Burke when he was 4 years old. As a first time mom of a child with eye issues, I was nervous to say the least. My son is not the easiest to deal with at doctors. It usually taking bribing, however with Dr. Burke, my son BEGS to see him. He's super funny, super friendly, and makes the entire experience exciting! When the visit is over, my son does not want to leave. He explained my son's issues in an understandable way. Secretary staff are wonderful!
Amy Palacios in Batavia, OH – Dec 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
Dr. Burke has been a God send to our family. When our son was initially diagnosed 4 years ago, we were able to schedule an appointment within two weeks of calling. Dr. Burke made us feel comfortable but more importantly built a relationship with our son. Even after having surgery to correct his eyes, our son still looks forward to every appointment & is always quick to tell everyone he knows, how much he loves Dr. Burke. We are so very blessed to have our son under Dr. Burke's care.
Heather Barrett in Cincinnati, Ohio – Dec 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
My daughter has to see a lot of doctors and doesn't like a single one until Dr. Burke. He's a bit on the kooky side which works perfectly for little ones. He explained everything to me in terms that made sense and engaged with my daughter at the same time. He performed surgery on my daughter that went perfectly and followed up with care and concern. Overall a great experience!
Kara N in Lebanon, OH – Nov 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Burke to anyone who asks me! Dr. Burke is kind and courteous, as well as his staff! When my daughter had an eye infection Dr. Burke's staff got us in that same day! We had to come back for a few follow up appointments, and everyone worked with our schedules! Dr. Burke is, hands down, the best eye doctor we have ever been to!!
Michelle B in Hamilton, OH – Aug 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miles Burke, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Burke?

My specialty is Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Eye Muscle Problems. Pediatric Ophthalmology is a subspecialty of ophthalmology concerned with strabismus...Read more

Hello.  I am Dr. Miles Burke.

I want to talk to you about children's eye care.

Proper visual development requires that the...

• Ophthalmology