Dr. Miles Burke, MD

OphthalmologyMaleAge 72

Dr. Miles Burke, MD is a Ophthalmology Specialist in Montgomery, OH and has over 47 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Arizona medical school in 1974. He is affiliated with medical facilities Cincinnati Childrens Hospital Medical Center - Burnet Campus and The Jewish Hospital-mercy Health. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Burke to book an appointment.

Dr. Burke
10475 Montgomery Rd Ste 4f Montgomery, OH 45242

Compare with other Ophthalmology Specialists

Compare Dr. Burke with our nearby Ophthalmology Specialists at Mayo.

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. Burke's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Burke

Dr. Burke
Dr. Burke is amazing! His interpersonal skills are just as impressive as his interpersonal skills. His warmth, humor and upbeat personality created an instant rapport with my teenage daughter. We’d seen 3 different doctors without finding an answer for my daughter’s eye problem before we found Dr. Burke. He examined her eye and immediately recognized the issue - uncommon in teenagers but easily corrected. Speaking directly to my daughter, he went over an eye diagram, explaining the problem and procedure to correct it. The surgery was successful and we appreciated how quickly Dr. Burke met with us afterward. We’ll always be grateful for the difference Dr. Burke made in our daughter’s life.
Brenda Larson – Dec 05, 2020
He was warm, and had the tests adjusted to fit the needs of my daughter (2). He asked her about her favorite things we wrote on the form. He also explained what he was checking , and the results. Receptionists were also fantastic.
Hayley Littlejohn – Nov 12, 2020
I went to Dr. Burke as a kid, and he was amazing! He had (and looking at the reviews, still does!) the coolest waiting room with everything a kid could want. Dr. Burke was incredible with my surgery and knows what he is doing, following up and seeing him meant a lot too - I loved it. Wish he took adults! He is compassionate, intelligent, patient, skilled - the best eye doctor in the city.
Maeve Mallory – Jan 22, 2020
We have known Dr. Burke for nearly 18 years. He was the fifth Ophthalmologist to see our oldest special needs daughter because the previous four were not certain they could correct her amblyopia in one surgery, or that the correction would even last. They had us doing patching and eye-muscle exercises for a very long time. Those things were were very difficult to maintain along with her other issues. When we met with Dr. Burke, he told us that none of those tasks would ever be effective and to allow him to surgically correct her eye problem. He operated on her and fixed everything safely in one surgery. 17 years later, her eye muscles are still holding, her vision is great, and she looks beautiful. Our younger special needs daughter is also a patient of Dr. Burke. With regular office visits, he has made sure that their eyes are functioning optimally. We have absolute confidence in him. There is no other eye doctor in the region that can accomplish the same results!
Oct 16, 2019
Dr. Burke did a great job with my recession surgery. He has great rapport with his patients. He answered all of my preop questions and followed up after with a phone call to see how I was doing. I am really pleased with the outcome of my surgery.
Lisa Vanderloo – Nov 29, 2018
Dr.Burke can be summed up in one word-amazing. He has the best waiting room in the known universe (electronics, toys, a MOVIE Theater), his staff is friendly and eager to help, and he is hands down the nicest guy you could meet. Appointments never feel rushed yet he keeps kids completely entertained and engaged the whole time. My kids love him and so do I!
Stephanie in Liberty Township , OH – Jun 29, 2018
Dr. Burke is someone that doesn’t give up and is truly amazing at his work. He has givin me my confidence back.
Melissa craig in IN – Jun 29, 2018
What a wonderful experience it has been taking my daughter to Dr. Burke! In the past, she was scared to go to the eye doctor, but after her first visit with Dr. Burke, she kept begging me to go back as soon as possible. She loved the waiting room filled with games, and Dr. Burke made her feel like the most special person in the world. He took a special interest in her as a person and spent a lot of time working with my daughter to make sure her new prescription was exactly right.
Susan Bavis in OH – Apr 09, 2018
I highly recommend Dr. Burke . I had a great experience getting eye alignment surgery . He’s thorough and caring during the entire process. My eyes are straight for the first time ever !
Apr 08, 2018
Dr Burke is the most pleasant, and easy going Dr I have ever met! He makes you feel at ease and is friendly, quick-witted and excellent at what he does! Our daughter sees him and we all love this doctor. We highly recommend him! The Bartletts
The Bartletts in Milford, OH – Dec 13, 2017
Dr Burke is literally THE BEST PEDIATRIC EYE DOCTOR in Cincinnati! When we walked into his office, my kids were in heaven. Coolest waiting room ever! When you meet Dr Burke you will immediately feel at ease. His personality is exactly what you dream of for a pediatric doctor. He uses silly voices, engages your child, and has every toy and trick in the book to distract them while he is doing an exam. He did a fantastic job on my 3 yr old's eye surgery. I would highly recommend him!
Becca Logan in Cincinnati, OH – Nov 15, 2017
I recommend Dr. Burke all the time. He is a wonderful doctor and has a great office staff. He runs on time, works at having a relationship with my son, explains findings and procedures thoroughly and is a kind man,
Cincinnati, OH – Nov 06, 2017
I don't have enough positive things to say about Dr. Burke! He is fabulous! As a parent, you are always concerned with how your child will do with new people, especially during appointments. My son took to Dr. Burke instantly! Dr. Burke and his staff are wonderful and welcoming! I am so happy that we found him! My son will be a patient of Dr. Burkes for many years to come!
Allyson R. in KY – Sep 13, 2017
Dr. Burke is a very caring physician. He is extremely passionate about what he does and he always takes his time and makes sure our questions are answered. He makes our visits fun and puts our son's fears at ease! He recently operated on our son's eye muscle and our son noticed an immediate difference in the way he looked the next day. We were so happy with the results of this surgery! There isn't anyone better...Thank you Dr. Burke for all you do!
Maineville, OH – Aug 09, 2017
My husband and I are so grateful to have found Dr. Burke. In Apr 2016, I noticed my 8 month old son's eye drifting outward. When I tried to get into a Dr at Cincinnati Children's I was told that they wouldn't schedule him until August. I called Dr Burke's office and was thrilled when his warm and friendly staff were able to get my son on the schedule due to a cancellation. My son's case was progressing rapidly and he needed surgery within only a few months of our first visit with Dr Burke. I fee
Sierra Linnell in Edgewood KY – Apr 01, 2017
One of the best physicians I have ever met. His bedside manner and love for his patients Is priceless. I can't express in words how comforting and caring Dr. Burke is. Thank you Dr. Burke for helping my family.
Cameron Stanley – Feb 28, 2017
There aren't enough positive words in the English language to describe what a fabulous doctor Dr. Burke is. He has treated 2 of my children and is amazing with them. Because of him, my son's eyes strengthened enough to see 20/20 with glasses and my daughter stopped having headaches and dizziness caused by her previously untreated eye condition. You will love him. We sure do!
Bernadette L in Cincinnati, OH – Jan 17, 2017
My son started seeing Dr. Burke when he was 4 years old. As a first time mom of a child with eye issues, I was nervous to say the least. My son is not the easiest to deal with at doctors. It usually taking bribing, however with Dr. Burke, my son BEGS to see him. He's super funny, super friendly, and makes the entire experience exciting! When the visit is over, my son does not want to leave. He explained my son's issues in an understandable way. Secretary staff are wonderful!
Amy Palacios in Batavia, OH – Dec 27, 2016
Dr. Burke has been a God send to our family. When our son was initially diagnosed 4 years ago, we were able to schedule an appointment within two weeks of calling. Dr. Burke made us feel comfortable but more importantly built a relationship with our son. Even after having surgery to correct his eyes, our son still looks forward to every appointment & is always quick to tell everyone he knows, how much he loves Dr. Burke. We are so very blessed to have our son under Dr. Burke's care.
Heather Barrett in Cincinnati, Ohio – Dec 21, 2016
My daughter has to see a lot of doctors and doesn't like a single one until Dr. Burke. He's a bit on the kooky side which works perfectly for little ones. He explained everything to me in terms that made sense and engaged with my daughter at the same time. He performed surgery on my daughter that went perfectly and followed up with care and concern. Overall a great experience!
Kara N in Lebanon, OH – Nov 04, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Burke?

My specialty is Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Eye Muscle Problems. Pediatric Ophthalmology is a subspecialty of ophthalmology concerned with strabismus...Read more

Hello.  I am Dr. Miles Burke.

I want to talk to you about children's eye care.

Proper visual development requires that the...

• Ophthalmology