Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Milan Patel, MD
Dr. Milan Patel is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist who is also fellowship-trained corneal, cataract, and LASIK refractive surgery specialist practicing in North Atlanta. At Milan Eye Center, Dr. Patel has dedicated his practice to refractive surgery, corneal diseases and topical, no-stitch cataract surgery. Dr. Patel began his undergraduate education at Emory University and subsequently graduated with honors from Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia. A Georgia native, Dr. Patel returned home and earned his medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia. During medical school, Dr. Patel had the opportunity to work with Dr. Howard Gimbel – one of the founding fathers of modern ophthalmology and the first person in Canada to perform the most advanced form of cataract removal, phacoemulsification. Dr. Patel completed his internship at Northwestern University, followed by an ophthalmology residency at the Medical College of Georgia, where he published numerous articles on corneal and retinal diseases. Following residency training, Dr. Patel was selected to pursue a Cornea and Refractive Surgery fellowship at the prestigious Shiley Eye Center of the University of California – San Diego. There, under the direction of Dr. David Schanzlin, past president of the International Society of Refractive Surgery, Dr. Patel gained immense experience in LASIK, cataract, and corneal surgery. During his fellowship, Dr. Patel continued to publish extensively on groundbreaking technology and surgical techniques. In recognition of his outstanding work, Dr. Patel was selected from among his 16 colleagues as Fellow of the Year. Upon completion of his fellowship, Dr. Patel decided to dedicate the next six months to serving underprivileged patients in the developing world. By volunteering his clinical and surgical skills at five community hospitals in India, Dr. Patel gave the gift of sight to many people who would otherwise not have access to modern eye care. Dr. Patel continues to freely give of his time and talent by lecturing globally, including a recent presentation at the largest eye hospital in the world, the Aravind Eye Hospital. No stranger to technology, Dr. Patel produces educational videos, the most recent of which was recognized as the Best Refractive Surgery Video at the 2006 AAO international meeting of ophthalmologists. Additionally, Dr. Patel has created a mobile application which Milan Eye Center patients can benefit from when undergoing Cataract, LASIK and Corneal surgeries. The Easy Drops app is the only available app which reminds patients when they should use their post-operative eyedrops. Dr. Patel was also selected by Castel Connolly as "Top Doctor" in the field of Ophthalmology. The doctors selected for this recognition were selected after peer nomination, extensive research and careful review and screening by Castle Connolly's doctor-directed research team. In his spare time, Dr. Patel enjoys spending time with his wife, Snehal and his two sons, Saajan & Dylan.

Johns Creek / Duluth / Alpharetta

• NovaNet
  • Private HealthCare Systems
  • USA Managed Care Organization

Learn about Dr. Patel

Our objective is simple... to create the most safe, educational, and pleasant surgical experience possible. We realize that you value your vision tremendously, and in return, we value your trust in our abilities.

Dr. Patel's Experience

Dr. Patel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Refractive Surgery
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Emory University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Med College Of Ga School Of Med
  • Shiley Eye Ctr-Uc San Diego
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Patel has no media or publications listed.

• Gujarati

Dr. Patel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patel to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Patel's Performance
in Cumming, GA |
Milan Eye Center doesn't do a good job- they do a GREAT JOB on EVERYTHING! I want to tell ALL my friends about them!!
in Cumming, GA |
Throughout all my interactions, I felt very reassured and safe. Dr. Patel and Dr. Ficco are extremely nice people, and their care is portrayed throughout the service they provide. Overall, I had a very professional experience from the beginning to end with Milan Eye Center.
in Cumming, GA |
I was referred by my husband who has cataract surgery with Dr. Patel 6 years ago, and when I couldn't see anymore just recently, I knew I wanted to see Dr. Patel and nobody else. It's been an excellent experience as I had expected.
Cumming, GA |
Overall my experience with Milan Eye Center was excellent. It was simple and everyone held my hand throughout the process. Everybody was so pleasant, and one technician, Ashton Thomas even helped me with sending a text to my son, when I couldn't yet see very well. Our surgical coordinator, Elizabeth Fratu explained everything so well, I couldn't have asked for more. Also, Dr. Patel ALWAYS carries a smile on his face! Just overall a lovely experience.
in Cumming, GA |
Going into my procedure with Milan Eye Center, I was worried about having my eyes operated on. However, Dr. Patel and Dr. Ficco put me at ease and took their time explaining every detail of my procedure, completely putting me at ease. We were extremely impressed overall and are happy to have found these Physicians at Milan Eye Center. Lastly, our Surgical Coordinator Elizabeth Fratu was excellent, along with our Technicians and Carlyn at the Front Desk at the Cumming location.
Cumming, GA |
I have been referring family and friends to Dr. Patel and Dr. Ficco! Some doctors make you feel inferior but at Milan Eye Center they make you feel like you're talking to a friend. Waiting times are longer but only because each doctor takes a lot of time for each patient. I would highly recommend them! My husband even says "I wish I had cataracts!" because the treatment is so superb!
Cumming, GA |
Every office has been fabulous. Our experience is an absolute 10 with everyone! That's why we come here.
Cumming, GA |
Dr. Patel was extremely professional, pleasant and made me feel comfortable. After an experience with doctors who would have destroyed my central vision, Dr. Patel has put me at ease and I am so happy to have found MEC. Before procedures I had no questions, and he calmed my nervous tendencies after a prior procedure with another practice. Overall, it's an EXTREMELY well run facility- everyone is curteous!
Cumming, GA |
It was all professional from the beginning to end. I am one day post cataract surgery and my results are outstanding. At 80 years old I have never seen better! I wouldn't mind traveling over an hour every single time. Dr. Patel takes time to even discuss business as we are business owners ourselves- he was so personable.
in Cumming, GA |
Dr. Patel is very thorough- I would recommend him to everyone. He explains everything very well, he is patient and compassionate. He listens to all concerns. My husband and I both had cataract and LASIK surgery with Dr. Milan Patel. We would do it again in a heartbeat- but there won't be any need as he is so great! I absolutely loved my experience with Milan Eye Center!
Cumming, GA |
I felt appreciated, cared for and heard for under Dr. Patel's care. I would recommend Milan Eye Center to anyone and am so happy to have found this phenomenal practice.
in Cumming, GA |
Two years ago I was diagnosed with cataracts in both eyes by my optomotrist who recommended Dr. Patel for corrective treatment. Following extensive testing, the cataracts were removed from both eyes (two weeks apart). I experienced absolutely no pain or any other post-operative sequelae. I have since recommended friends to Dr. Patel and each one who sought him out was completely satisfied. Dr. Patel has my utmost confidence and respect.
Conyers, GA |
He was very gentle and respectful. He was very kind and not scary. And felt very professional and was in good hands.
in Cumming, GA |
Dr. Milan Patel and entire staff [medical,surgical and administrative] provided me with exceptional, client focused care and service. This medical provider is a breath of sunshine in the challenging medical profession. They are sensitive, calm, caring and consistently effective in achieving positive results in my behalf, their patient. Thank you all and best wishes for continued success!
in Cumming, GA |
My first appointment assured me that Dr. Patel is a caring, knowledgeable eye specialist. He listened to my dry eye problem, suggested BioHeat compress (which I immediately purchased and use daily), and demonstrated how to manipulate under eye to encourage oil into the eye socket. Dr. Patel performed cataract surgery on both my eyes, and the experience was painless and the results are clearer vision and brighter colors. I have complete trust in Dr. Patel.
in Alpharetta, GA |
From the moment I stepped into Dr. Patel's office in John's Creek, the staff could not have been more pleasant or receptive. The professionalism, concern and structure of the appointment, left no doubt that I had come to the right Ophthalmology practice for my diagnosis and treatment. The cataract surgery which I needed, proceeded like clockwork and left no doubt, that everyone involved in my operation performed their duties faultlessly. This is a credit to Dr. Patel for his expertise & caring.
Have you seen Dr. Milan Patel, MD?
Are you Dr. Patel?