Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD

Dr. Digiulio
Telehealth services available

Performance Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine

3701 Nw Cary Pkwy Cary, NC 27513

Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Cary, NC. He is affiliated with medical facilities Duke Health Raleigh Hospital and Rex Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Digiulio to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Sports Medicine Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Trigger Finger
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Digiulio accepts

Dr. Digiulio accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Digiulio's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Digiulio

Dr. Digiulio?
  • Listened & answered questions (47)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (47)
  • Appointment scheduling (46)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
I have had two rotator cuff surgeries. The first one I was seeing another doctor but a neighbor recommended Dr DiGiulio. As I was not feeling completely confident in my first doctor I met with Dr DiGiulio. I was very impressed with him. Mostly I was impressed with how honest and patient he was. He answered every question I had. He told me the risks as well as the benefits of the surgery. I appreciated that very much. After the surgery he actually showed me a video of the surgery and explained the diiferent things he had done to repair my shoulder. I now have full movement, no restrictions, in my right shoulder. I then had a similar issue in my left shoulder so I returned to Dr DiGiulio, without reservation. I am still working through physical therapy for that operation but I am convinced that I will have a full recovery. This is an excellent practice operated by an outstanding doctor. I am convinced you cannot do better than Dr DiGiulio. I recommend him highly and without reservation.
Robert L Hussey – Jan 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Dr. Digiulio performed my shoulder surgery. Nine months later I am pain free and nearly back to my full strength. My shoulder hasn't felt this good in many years.
Jan 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Dr. DiGiulio, his entire staff and Physical Therapist Heather Smith have all been outstanding in their communication and professionalism in my surgery and recovery from ACL surgery. Dr. D's surgical expertise must be great because I was back on my feet quicker and with much less pain than I ever expected. It has been 7 months since surgery and the outcomes have been on target as planned to a normal recovery. The PT Heather Smith has also been superb in building my leg muscles back into shape. Hopefully something like this never happens again, but if unfortunately so, I will 100% be returning to Dr. D and his entire staff at Performance Orthopedics Surgery and Sports medicine.
Brett – Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
I've used Dr. DIgiulio three time times now (2 shoulders and a foot) and would not use any other orthopedist. He came highly recommended by my regular physician and has lived up to the billing. Dr. Digiulio is straightforward and honest about what needs to be done, his procedures and follow up are great, and his follow up care is exceptional.
Andy Adams – Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
I was lucky to stumble upon Dr. Digiulio in May of 2020 when I was looking for someone to assess some knee problems I was having. My injury was quickly determined to be a torn ACL which was confirmed by an MRI. I was then in surgery within a week. I had no complications and Dr. Digiulio explained the process every step of the way which included personally calling me the day after surgery. Recovery was smooth with semi-normal day to day function being back within 3 months and return to sport hopefully soon on the horizon. Overall it was a great experience as a patient.
Andrew – Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Dr. Diguilio and his entire office staff are an exceptional team and are very welcoming to new patients. I had an old injury I had ignored for a very long time and when I couldn't take it anymore, I made an appointment and was seen by Dr. Diguilio. His professionalism and concern for you as a patient is unparalleled, you could tell he genuinely wanted to help you. His extensive training and overall experience as a physician was evident as I was diagnosed with a tear, had imaging completed and was set up for surgical repair within a very short period of time. Post op was discussed prior to the procedure itself in detail so I knew what to expect from the beginning. He has an amazing in house physical therapist, Heather, who was as instrumental in my recovery as the surgery itself was. She worked with me in the PT lab and gave me well thought out take home therapy plans to do in between sessions. I was able to get back to my old self fast than I ever expected and I owe it all to everyone
Jan 07, 2021
Jan 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Saw Dr. D earlier this year (2020) after having injured my knee. He was thorough and very clear in the multiple consultation that led to the diagnosis of a torn ACL and ultimately reconstruction surgery. The entire experience was positive and I’m now (8 months post-surgery) back to normal activity. I also want to highlight the great staff that surrounds Dr. D. From the two young ladies at the front whom are always a pleasure to talk to, to the friendliness and extremely efficient surgery center - all A+ in their handling of patients. Finally - but certainly not least - there is Heather the Physical therapist at Dr. D’s office whom I spent most of the time with. She was so great at getting me on track to a good recovery and strengthening my knee/leg back up. Heather you are awesome. Thank you all.
Paul – Oct 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
My experience with Dr. DeGuilio and his staff was and continues to be excellent. The office staff is extremely helpful and friendly and goes the extra mile to make sure you feel comfortable. I have the utmost trust and respect for Dr. DeGuilio, his expertise, and his focus on returning his patients to their level of sports performance. This is unique in my opinion compared to others.
Oct 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Dr. Digiulio provided me with excellent care for my shoulder issues. I found it very easy to get an appointment and to schedule surgery. I would recommend his services for anyone who is dealing with shoulder problems.
Tom Woltersdorf – Sep 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
I had a left knee arthroscopy to repair a torn meniscus this past February. Dr. Digiulio is a fantastic Orthopaedic surgeon. From start to finish he showed concern, expertise, and professonalism. My problem was thoroughly explained as well as all of my options. I followed his recommendation for physical therapy for before and after my procedure which hastened my healing. It is now September and I have had a wonderful recovery. The surgery went smoothly. They even found that I have a left bundle branch block in my heart during the preop preparations. I am so very thankful for that. I cannot speak highly enough about Dr. Digiulio and his staff. I highly recommend him for any joint related issues or sports injuries. Thank you Dr. Digiulio and staff for everything.
Sharon Smitn – Sep 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
If you want to escape larger groups that treat you like "just another procedure" then you owe it to your joints to see Dr. Digiulio. He is an experienced surgeon who is a "straight shooter" and will be there to guide you not just pre-op and operatively but POST-op. My knee after meniscus repair is doing well and I would heartily recommend him for my own family.
Sep 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Dr. DiGiulio and the staff at Performance Orthopaedics are amazing. I was referred there by another Ortho MD who said that Dr. DiGiulio was the best shoulder surgeon he could recommend and an all around good guy. I can say that is absolutely correct. I was always treated with courtesy, the staff are extremely friendly and good at what they do. None of my appointments were ever late getting started and most importantly, my shoulder is now in excellent shape, 6 mos post-Op. I can't thank Dr. DiGiulio and his staff enough for making my experience with them a very positive one.
Heather K. – Sep 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Have had both shoulders cleaned up and a broken foot repaired and every experience from consultation to surgery to follow up has been professional, personal and overall excellent.
Aug 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Have been going to Dr. Digiulio for over 8 yrs. He helps me manage joint pain associated with Rheumatoid arthritis by joint injections. I have had lots of multiple joint injections from many different people. He is one of the best. Less pain during actual injection. Would highly recommend.
Joy – Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Dr DiGuilio paid great attention in all of my appointments, he fully explained my options and took the time to discuss what to expect during my surgery and recovery process. Following surgery, Heather (physical therapist) was professional and encouraging. Having shoulder surgery is not something I looked forward too, but the staff and Dr. DiGuilio made the process very satisfying.
Rob Burkart – Jun 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Digiullio for about 7 years. My knee and shoulder surgery was performed by him. Dr. Digiulio is knowledgeable, down to earth, kind, and caring. I would highly recommend this doctor and his practice to all.
Oct 10, 2019
Knowledgeable, quick, friendly
Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Everything you could possibly want in an Orthopaedic Surgeon and more: - Accessible for office visits usually same or next day. - Truly brilliant at both diagnosis and treatment--gets it right every time! - A genuine, nice, personable guy with fantastic bedside manner: both caring and professional. - Extremely handsome (not necessary for a doctor but does enhance the ortho experience, hahaha!) Couldn't recommend him more--we're lucky to have him in Cary!
LCUrioste – Jul 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Dr D has taken care of my entire family (knees, shoulders, fingers, toes) for years. He repaired my rotator cuff 8 years ago. He is patient, focused and an overall fantastic doctor
Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Digiulio?

• Sports Medicine