Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD

Dr. Digiulio
Telehealth services available

Performance Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine

3701 Nw Cary Pkwy Cary, NC 27513

Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Cary, NC. He is affiliated with medical facilities Duke Health Raleigh Hospital and Rex Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Digiulio to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Sports Medicine Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth

• Baker’s Cyst
  • Broken Arm
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Meniscus Surgery
  • Musculoskeletal Function Test
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Trigger Finger
  • Wrist Sprain or Strain

Dr. Digiulio accepts

Dr. Digiulio accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Digiulio's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Digiulio

Dr. Digiulio

I had a very good overall experience.
Nov 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
This is my 2nd meniscus knee surgery with Dr. DiGiulio (right first, now left), and he is my go to orthopaedic surgeon. Extremely knowledgeable and experienced, the staff in the office always super friendly, both experiences in the surgery center were excellent - friendly people, easy to joke with - was just a great experience. As an active person, I tend to get concerned that the healing isn't progressing, but Dr. DiGiulio checks it out, puts my mind at ease, and as the days go by, both have healed up and allowed me to get back to my active lifestyle (basketball, mtn biking). Highly recommend getting a consult!
Brett Wiggins – Jul 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Dr. DiGuilio is a very caring and compassionate physician. He took time to thoroughly explain my condition and the various treatment options available. I highly recommend this doctor to anyone who is seeking a very competent skilled physician.
Jul 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Digiulio by my Physical Therapist for a torn rotator cuff. It needed surgery and I was quite nervous about it, but Dr. Digiulio was very encouraging and kindly laid out all my options. From the initial consult all the way through my post-operative visits, I was in great hands with Performance Orthopaedic. I highly recommend Dr. Digiulio and his staff.
Todd Carswell – Jul 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
I have had four surgeries with Dr. DiGiulio and received what I consider to be the best care possible. I am thankful for Dr. DiGiulio, his Physical Therapist, and his Staff for all of the excellent care during and after my surgeries.
Jim White – May 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Amazing doctor with amazing staff. Unlike any ortho doctor I've seen before (I've had 4 knee surgeries now). No raging ego like the others.
Lois K. – May 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
I have seen Dr. Digiulio for knee and shoulder issues over the past decade. He has given me exceptional care, always thorough and well-explained and never quick to chose a treatment path until we have all talked about it and agreed on the process. Beyond that, and perhaps equally important, his staff including front office and Physical Therapy are without equal. A tip of the hat to Heather Smith, PT, who was able to take Dr. Digiulo's superior surgical work and progress it through PT to a healthy and happy shoulder.
Stuart T. Wagner – May 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
I had a very good experience with Dtor Di Giulio 7 months ago. Extremely professional, his high surgical expertise made me feel at all time that I was in good hands. The, post-operative outcome was great too and I would definitely recommend him to anyone having issues with the knee.
Vicente Moscardo – May 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
I first went to Dr. D upon the rec of a PT years ago when I needed more than PT to address my shoulder issues. Thanks to him, I now have 2 superbly-repaired shoulders and 1 fully-functional knee; if the other knee ever needs addressing, I will definitely return to him! His personal attention to educating me about/explaining my issues, test results and presenting fully disclosed options re: surgery and timelines for healing, PT, and what to expect were ALWAYS accurate! In addition to the great results, I loved the size and efficiency of his practice. Scheduling was easy, no waiting to see him for appts and the option of seeing his longtime PT, Heather, on-site for the rehab. In addition to being able to thoroughly answer my questions, she gave me her undivided attention during the sessions and did an excellent job of accurately predicting when I would reach benchmarks. Finally, she gave me a good understanding of how to get back to the gym, sports and the things I enjoy doing!
KIm – Feb 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
I have had two rotator cuff surgeries. The first one I was seeing another doctor but a neighbor recommended Dr DiGiulio. As I was not feeling completely confident in my first doctor I met with Dr DiGiulio. I was very impressed with him. Mostly I was impressed with how honest and patient he was. He answered every question I had. He told me the risks as well as the benefits of the surgery. I appreciated that very much. After the surgery he actually showed me a video of the surgery and explained the diiferent things he had done to repair my shoulder. I now have full movement, no restrictions, in my right shoulder. I then had a similar issue in my left shoulder so I returned to Dr DiGiulio, without reservation. I am still working through physical therapy for that operation but I am convinced that I will have a full recovery. This is an excellent practice operated by an outstanding doctor. I am convinced you cannot do better than Dr DiGiulio. I recommend him highly and without reservation.
Robert L Hussey – Jan 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Dr. Digiulio performed my shoulder surgery. Nine months later I am pain free and nearly back to my full strength. My shoulder hasn't felt this good in many years.
Jan 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Dr. DiGiulio, his entire staff and Physical Therapist Heather Smith have all been outstanding in their communication and professionalism in my surgery and recovery from ACL surgery. Dr. D's surgical expertise must be great because I was back on my feet quicker and with much less pain than I ever expected. It has been 7 months since surgery and the outcomes have been on target as planned to a normal recovery. The PT Heather Smith has also been superb in building my leg muscles back into shape. Hopefully something like this never happens again, but if unfortunately so, I will 100% be returning to Dr. D and his entire staff at Performance Orthopedics Surgery and Sports medicine.
Brett – Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
I've used Dr. DIgiulio three time times now (2 shoulders and a foot) and would not use any other orthopedist. He came highly recommended by my regular physician and has lived up to the billing. Dr. Digiulio is straightforward and honest about what needs to be done, his procedures and follow up are great, and his follow up care is exceptional.
Andy Adams – Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
I was lucky to stumble upon Dr. Digiulio in May of 2020 when I was looking for someone to assess some knee problems I was having. My injury was quickly determined to be a torn ACL which was confirmed by an MRI. I was then in surgery within a week. I had no complications and Dr. Digiulio explained the process every step of the way which included personally calling me the day after surgery. Recovery was smooth with semi-normal day to day function being back within 3 months and return to sport hopefully soon on the horizon. Overall it was a great experience as a patient.
Andrew – Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Dr. Diguilio and his entire office staff are an exceptional team and are very welcoming to new patients. I had an old injury I had ignored for a very long time and when I couldn't take it anymore, I made an appointment and was seen by Dr. Diguilio. His professionalism and concern for you as a patient is unparalleled, you could tell he genuinely wanted to help you. His extensive training and overall experience as a physician was evident as I was diagnosed with a tear, had imaging completed and was set up for surgical repair within a very short period of time. Post op was discussed prior to the procedure itself in detail so I knew what to expect from the beginning. He has an amazing in house physical therapist, Heather, who was as instrumental in my recovery as the surgery itself was. She worked with me in the PT lab and gave me well thought out take home therapy plans to do in between sessions. I was able to get back to my old self fast than I ever expected and I owe it all to everyone
Jan 07, 2021
Jan 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Saw Dr. D earlier this year (2020) after having injured my knee. He was thorough and very clear in the multiple consultation that led to the diagnosis of a torn ACL and ultimately reconstruction surgery. The entire experience was positive and I’m now (8 months post-surgery) back to normal activity. I also want to highlight the great staff that surrounds Dr. D. From the two young ladies at the front whom are always a pleasure to talk to, to the friendliness and extremely efficient surgery center - all A+ in their handling of patients. Finally - but certainly not least - there is Heather the Physical therapist at Dr. D’s office whom I spent most of the time with. She was so great at getting me on track to a good recovery and strengthening my knee/leg back up. Heather you are awesome. Thank you all.
Paul – Oct 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
My experience with Dr. DeGuilio and his staff was and continues to be excellent. The office staff is extremely helpful and friendly and goes the extra mile to make sure you feel comfortable. I have the utmost trust and respect for Dr. DeGuilio, his expertise, and his focus on returning his patients to their level of sports performance. This is unique in my opinion compared to others.
Oct 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Dr. DiGiulio and the staff at Performance Orthopaedics are amazing. I was referred there by another Ortho MD who said that Dr. DiGiulio was the best shoulder surgeon he could recommend and an all around good guy. I can say that is absolutely correct. I was always treated with courtesy, the staff are extremely friendly and good at what they do. None of my appointments were ever late getting started and most importantly, my shoulder is now in excellent shape, 6 mos post-Op. I can't thank Dr. DiGiulio and his staff enough for making my experience with them a very positive one.
Heather K. – Sep 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?
Have had both shoulders cleaned up and a broken foot repaired and every experience from consultation to surgery to follow up has been professional, personal and overall excellent.
Aug 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Milan Digiulio, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Digiulio?

• Sports Medicine