Rheumatology  |
Dr. Mikael Lagwinski, MD
Dr. Mikael Lagwinski is Board Certified in Rheumatology and has been practicing since 2004 after graduating from the Rheumatology Fellowship Program at University Hospitals of Cleveland. Dr. Lagwinski has a passion for volunteerism. During his medical school and residency training, he volunteered at the Open-M Clinic in Akron, Ohio which provides free health care for impoverished patients. He continues his volunteer activities through the Volunteer Physician Network in Boise and at the Family Medicine Residency of Idaho. Dr. Lagwinski is the Clinical Research director for Idaho Arthritis Center. He is a Principal Investigator involved in several clinical trials investigating new medications for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis.

3277 E Louise Dr Ste 350

Meridian, ID 83642

Dr. Mikael Lagwinski, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Idaho Physicians Network (IPN)
  • WellCare
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Lagwinski

See how frequently Dr. Lagwinski performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Limb Pain
Arthritis
Osteoporosis

Dr. Lagwinski's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Rheumatology

• Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Trigger Finger
  • Vasculitis
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

• Kent State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1995
  • Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • Summa Health Sts
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Lagwinski has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lagwinski does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lagwinski and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lagwinski's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lagwinski to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Lagwinski's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Eagle, ID |
Dr. Lagwinski and his staff go above and beyond to listen to their patients. I like his integrative approach to medicine. He treats his patients like they're part of a Team to get the best care, and never makes me feel like he is just issuing directives. I really appreciate a doctor who takes my health seriously and works on finding the best solutions to promote healing, not just masking pain through medication. Dr. Lagwinski is a rare find in the medical world.
Twin Falls, ID |
Dr. Lagwinski is amazing. Local doctors were unable to correctly diagnose me. With the current and most up to date equipment and his extensive knowlege Dr. Lagwinski was able to help me. He was thorough kind, caring, and within a short time had my pain and symptoms managed.
in Boise, ID |
Very intelligent, listens to and answers all my questions!!
in Boise, ID |
Very thorough and direct, compassionate and does not blast you with tests and medications. Conservative approach to RA treatment plan. Highly recommend
Fruitland, ID |
Very compassionate, listens and covers every basis to figure out what is going in. I'm so glad I found him. He wants to figure out what is going on to get on the right treatment plan. Very knowledgeable and polite.
Meridian, ID |
Unprofessional follow up on lab work. Totally a transactional physician who did not have the time to call a patient to explain lab results with serious implications (message was left on phone by office staff). If you do happen to choose Dr Lagwinski as your physician be prepared to talk to him about your expectations as a healthcare consumer.
Boise, ID |
I'm on disability. I'm 64 years old and was referred by my doctor. I paid the 40 dollar copay (they won't see you if you don't have the money) I told him I was in pain. he treated me like I was a drug addict looking for a fix and he prescribed me a vitamin that was not covered by my insurance (another 40 dollars) and that was it! I finished $80.00 in the hole and got no relief. Thanks Doc!
in Buhl, ID |
I trust Dr. with my life, his staff not so much?
in Boise, ID |
I was referred to Dr. Lagwinski for long-standing inflammatory issues. I waited several weeks with no response. I finally called the office to inquire about my referral and was told that he has too many other patients and he is not interested in seeing me at this time. Suggested I put ice on my knee. Horrible customer service.
in Parma, ID |
I asked Dr. L during my appointment for someone to call & discuss my labs with me, he told me their practice was too understaffed to address patients who did not fit in his category of 'abnormal'. Apparently being understaffed is the same reason the office doesn't return voicemails or pick up calls... if he is too understaffed to return a phone call, how can I be sure he is accurate in treatment and diagnosis?... To which he told me I could 'check the phonebook' for a different rheumatologist.
in Boise, Idaho |
Had an appointment, ultrasound technician not available had to come back and pay another co-pay. The the doctor took two weeks to read the ultrasound. The office couldn't get the right number. We called again for an appointment they said it would be a month to get a shot to relief the pain. A Month already three weeks then another Month. Had to go to the ER to get help! I called the office to cancel the appointment, the girl who answered asked why I told her why. She seemed so happy! Gone!
in Boise, ID |
Very personable and has super bedside manner. Explains issues/findings well to patient. Downside is that he only sees patients one week out of each month and is not accessible for concerns, issues other times. Not so sure I'll stay with him since I feel I'm not getting up-to-date, consistent care (his PA and medical assistant run interference), especially with medication issues.
Have you seen Dr. Mikael Lagwinski, MD?
Are you Dr. Lagwinski?

Visit Dr. Lagwinski

Dr. Lagwinski accepts 9 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Idaho Physicians Network (IPN)
  • WellCare