Dr. Mihoko Nelsen, MD

Neurology | Female

Dr. Mihoko Nelsen, MD

Dr. Mihoko Nelsen, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Nampa, ID. She is 69 years old and has been practicing for 40 years. Dr. Nelsen is affiliated with Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Nampa and Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center.

...See Less

Dr. Nelsen's Care Philosophy

I am excited to apply my knowledge and experience to offer help to those who may need it. I have been very blessed and it is truly time for me to return in a larger sense what I have been so fortunate to receive. So, I am very pleased with this opportunity to work in an outpatient setting for the Saint Alphonsus Medical Group in Nampa.

Dr. Nelsen's Experience

See how Dr. Nelsen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Nelsen

Dr. Nelsen accepts 20 insurance carriers

Dr. Nelsen is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Nelsen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Nelsen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nelsen to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Nelsen's Performance
in Wilder, ID |
Dr. Nelsen's a rare find - an exceptionally well-qualified neurologist with many years of practical experience who keeps up with current studies & research, takes time to listen to you and sees her patients as human beings, not just charts with a diagnosis and $$$ to be added to her bank account. I had a severe ICH with IVH stroke on 8/30/2014 leaving me a hemiplegic unable to walk or use my left arm, wrist, hand, fingers or any muscles on my left side. She treats me as a person, not a case.
in Nampa, ID |
Dr. Nelsen has lots of knowledge about MS and she is an asset to the hospital and her patients. She wanted to know what I knew about MS as I was a new patient for her, what my symptoms were, what testing was done. Major assest to St Al's hoping to have a long relationship with this Dr.
in Nampa, ID |
if you are looking for a doctor that will right a script and send on your way, I'm sure Nampa has enough of them out there. Dr Nelsen is a caring, knowledable provider that goes the extra mile to look for underlying causes and not just the systems that are visable. Dr Nelsen has provided direction and education and tools to help me towards real health. All tests that needed were performed and experts were consulted. Now it's my turn to work with these tools. Thank you Dr Nelsen.
in Nampa, ID |
I have found Dr, M Nelsen to be a breath of fresh air. She is a true healer, Dr. Nelsen educates on the importance of eating a balanced meals. to control neurology issues. I have partial Seizures, following her instructions on medication balance was a god send. I am now in control of my seizures and have not had any since, I started to follow her instructions. I am doing it with one medication now. Not being overloaded on to strong of medication as other Dr's had me on. I live a normal life
in Nampa, ID |
This note is about Dr. Nelsen and St. Al's and how she carried on the hospital's general care for patients. She has provided very thorough exams and has conversed with me on an understandable level. She has not put me in a standardized slot and tried to do as other doctors have. She has talked with me the various factors of after brain surgery and what the brain needs to heal; she has seen me as an individual and curtailed the applicable needs to me and my specific issues. They worked. Thank you
in Vale Or |
Dr Nelsen asked questions about my diet, stress, and medications. She looks at the whole person. She did medical testing appropriate for my symptoms and recommended changes in my diet, calcium supplements and exercise. After 6 weeks my symptoms were gone. I had symptoms of whole body numbness for eight months. What a relief!
in Nampa, ID |
went in for memory problems and she immediately diagnosed the cause it was medication prescribed for cholesterol stopped taking it and have seen a remarkable improvement i would highly recommend her
in Caldwell, ID 83607 |
I started going to Dr. Nelsen after I was diagnosed with Parkinson's almost two years ago. She immediately started me on medications that helped control my severe tremors. Through Dr. Nelsen I have learned how diet and exercise are extremely important to slow the progression of this horrible debilitating disease. She always recommends books and supplies me with current articles to help me become educated on the disease rather than just supplying me with medications. I highly recommend Dr. Nelsen
Nampa, ID |
She's the very best, can't ask for better.
in Nampa, ID |
I highly recommend Dr. M. Nelsen. She is straight forward, no beating around the bush. She diagnosed me with what was aiding and abetting my auto-immune disease. It was explained in language I could understand by first gathering info on me: level of education, work experience, what brought me to her. Then she laid out what the problem was, what I HAD TO DO to get better, provided resources & reading materials. Now 3 months later & off of 3 RXs, continuing with her instructions, & feeling GREAT!
Boise, ID |
I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. She is incredibly judgmental and likes to place blame for the condition before she even knew what the condition might be.
in Nampa, ID |
I love Dr. Nelsen. She has an amazing ability to provide excellent care centered toward healing. She provides detailed education in regards to diet and how it affects our immune system. If you are looking for a provider who will encourage healing and not just medication to put a bandaid on your illness, you will love Dr. Nelsen. With her support, knowledge and encouragement, she puts the healing in your hands.
in Meridian, ID |
Dr. Nelsen is very experienced and knowledgable . She is very straight forward and her diagnosis is accurate and complete.She is very compassionate and provided me with numerous resources to help me remedy my condition. Dr. Nelsen's follow up provided me with practical solutions to turn around my neuropathy.
in Nampa, ID |
Dr. Nelson was terrific diagnosing my spouse's medical problems. She adjusted his diet and medication and he's doing wonderful. We consulted with several physicians and she went above and beyond in caring for him. Thank you so much Dr. Nelson. You helped us termendously.
in Meridian, ID |
I have been very pleased with the direction that Dr Nelsen has taken with the treatment of my disease. After the first 3 months I have experienced very positive results. Dr Nelsen took the time to listen to my issues and was firm on the coarse of action.
Have you seen Dr. Mihoko Nelsen, MD?
Are you Dr. Nelsen?

Compare Dr. Nelsen

Dr. Nelsen's Care Philosophy

Dr. Nelsen says...

Go for cure in additon to treatments. Less medication.  The affect of diet on ones health.

Dr. Nelsen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Neurology
  •  Malpractice claims in Idaho not available

Dr. Nelsen has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

Why It Matters: Dr. Nelsen's Board Certifications

• Hydrocephalus
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

Graduated in 1977

Kaiser Foundation Hospital
    Kaiser Foundation Hospital

• Japanese

Dr. Nelsen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nelsen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology