Dr. Miguel A. Gomez, MD

Dr. Miguel A. Gomez, MD

Cardiothoracic Surgery | Male | 51 years old

Learn about this Doctor

As a cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon, I believe in providing my patients the most advanced techniques applicable to their medical needs. Also, I value a strong patient-doctor relationship that facilitates optimal outcomes and recovery.Read more

Dr. Gomez's Experience

95Experience
Match

See how Dr. Gomez's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gomez

Dr. Gomez accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Gomez has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Gomez
Dr. Gomez's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (63)
in Katy, TX |
Dr Gomez is a smart doctor that really cares. I had an emergency and was assigned Dr Gomez in ER for surgery. After my surgery he came to speak to me not just about the immediate results but the severity of my situation. He really spoke into my life that I needed real help and that's when I contacted MD Anderson. However Dr Gomez continued to meet w/ me for follow ups but really to see how my treatments were going. He treated me like a family member he really cares about, he saved my life!
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Gomez is a very caring and detailed doctor. He took all my fears of having surgery away. His bed side manor is excellent.
in Katy, TX |
Dr Gomez made me feel very comfortable and at ease, he explained everything in a way that was easy to understand. I was no longer anxious but excites about having the procedure done.
in Houston, TX |
Worst experience ever! My mom went to him to get rid of her vericose but he ended up damaging a nerve on my moms leg. More than a year later she has pain in that leg he was pulling out veins and he actually mistook a nerve for a vein.
in Katy, TX |
From beginning to end, I was treated with kindness and respect by both the office staff and Dr. Gomez. My highest praise to him for the abdominal aorta bypass which enabled me the quality of life I had prior to blockage of the aorta in affording me the ability to walk again without pain. I am so very grateful for his skill set and appreciate the kindness of his bedside manner. I would definitely recommend Dr. Gomez to anyone in search of cardiovascular, thoracic or vascular needs/surgery.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Gomez was recommended to me by my cardiologist, to perform my quadruple bypass surgery. I immediately felt confident and at ease with Dr. Gomez. He kept me informed and assured throughout the entire procedure. His post-op visits to my hospital room were both professional and human. He's a caring and warm professional.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Gomez & his staff are excellent! I knew for the most part what to expect & was given specific instructions to follow after each procedure. It was helpful that all of the procedures were scheduled at the first visit. I was confident I was in very experienced hands.
in HOUSTON TX |
Dr Gomez and his staff were very friendly they spend appropriate amount of time to explain the questions,and they ease the procedure by telling you what to expect.and the end you feel so comfortable by leaving the office.He is very knowledgeable I am so glad by choosing him as my vascular DR ,
in Houston, TX |
Wait time negligible, excellent doctor and staff communication skills with/ interest in, patient - great attention from both staff and doctor for my vascular condition - generally no one had that 'tired out' attitude about patient, their own jobs, etc. Visiting this office is a pleasant experience!
in Katy, TX |
I had a pretty rare instance of a lymphatic cyst (in my armpit) that was continuing to grow. Dr. Gomez was upfront and honest about my diagnosis and gave me my options since the cyst would not drain. He was able to remove it successfully without damaging any nerves and now I am back to working out again with no pain. He is very knowledgeable in his field, and I would feel comfortable going back to him for another surgery if I needed to. His staff was also very helpful with insurance billing.
in Sherwood, AR |
If I ever have to see a cardiovascular surgeon, it will be Dr. Gomez even though I would have to travel from Little Rock, Arkansas to Houston, TX. Dr. Gomez is the BEST in every way. Not only is he professional and pleasant, but he's a good Christian person as well.
in Hempstead, TX |
Dr. Gomez has a wonderful bedside manner, incredibly knowledgeable and took the time to address all of my concerns. The office staff was kind, very friendly and caring, Nicole is the BEST. I would highly recommend this office to my family and friends.
in Houston, TX |
He was able to give specific solutions to a problem that no others doctors had ever been able to truly solve, and the procedure was thoroughly well explained. His whole staff was equally professional,informative, and friendly on each visit. I noticed an immediate difference 1 week after my leg vein proceedure. I highly recommend Dr. Gomez .
in Houston, TX |
Friendly, professional and fast.
in Katy, TX |
I had an EVLT procedure today and was very impressed at how smoothly the whole experience was! Dr. Gomez, Tammy, Jeanne, and Nicole are personable, thorough,and professional. I would highly recommend The Houston Vein Institute and staff!
in Houston, TX |
Very calm and soft spoken which puts patients at ease. Had procedure done in less than 30 minutes. Very proficient
in Katy, TX |
I have seen Dr. Gomez for varicose and spider veins in my legs. At first, I was very nervous about the EVLT procedure but his staff made me feel very comfortable and there was no pain and procedure done very quick. I highly recommend Dr. Gomez!
in Houston, Texas |
Great friendly, helpful staff. Dr. Gomez has an excellent bed side manner.
in Katy, tX |
Best ever. Have referred several people.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Gomez and his staff (Tammy, Jeanne and Nicole) are a team out of the charts. I just came out today from a procedure and can say that everything was wonderful. I even arrive 1 hour earlier in order to avoid traffic and they did not make me wait. They have all my trust and respect. They are knowledgeable and explain to you everything, give you tips and treat you like family. Not also the staff is great, the location and installation are clean and well equip.
in Houston, TX |
It doesn't hurt as much as going to the dentist. He is good at hiding the shots you are about to partake in. He is a Cardiologist. Everyone was very friendly and very efficient.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Gomez and his staff are professional, knowledgeable, and accommodating throughout the entire process. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Gomez and his wonderful support team, Tammy, Jeanne, & Nicole. They are always available for questions, and respond in a timely manner. Dr. Gomez and his staff are the perfect team to help you with your specific needs.
Pearland, TX |
Dr. Gomez and the entire staff have all been very wonderful with me and my case. I will definitely refer everyone to this office!
in Houston, TX |
I had robotic bypass surgery with Dr Gomez. He was always extremely nice and caring throughout the entire experience. I did very well during and after the surgery, and my recovery was quick and uneventful. He's an excellent first rate surgeon and I highly recommend him.
Houston, TX |
I have seen Dr. Gomez for several years for the varicose and spider veins in my legs. He is never rushed, does a thorough job, and is pleasant. His staff is pleasant as well and his office is very nice, new, and clean. I have had sclerotheraphy and vein wave done and I have seen great improvement in the appearance of my legs. I have seen other Drs in the past and did not have as much success. I highly recommend Dr. Gomez.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Gomez and his friendly staff has always taken great care of me. They stick to their schedule, and are all knowledgeable and happy to help inform and answer questions. Dr. Gomez and his staff all made a not so comfortable experience very pleasant! I was recommended by friends and will recommend to others!
in Houston, TX |
I have had multiple procedures by Dr. Gomez and his staff and they are always very professional. I would highly recommend them!
in Hempstead, TX |
Dr. Gomez was personable and professional.
in Humble, TX |
I was recently diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis and hyperplasia of my thymus.I made an appointment to meet with Dr. Gomez to discuss if he would take my case and perform a robotic thymectomy. Dr. Gomez explained everything to me in detail including expectations before, during & after my surgery. To say I was lucky to find him would be an understatement. He is truly a God send! He is the epitome of how every doctor should be showing true compassion for each and every one of his patients!!
Have you seen Dr. Miguel A. Gomez, MD?
Are you Dr. Gomez?

Compare Dr. Gomez

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.