Cardiothoracic Surgery  |
Dr. Miguel Gomez, MD
Dr. Miguel Gomez, MD is a cardiothoracic surgery doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Gomez is affiliated with Houston Methodist West Hospital and Houston Methodist Hospital .

18400 Katy Fwy Ste 480

Houston, TX 77094

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Guardian
  • HealthSmart
  • Principal Life

Learn about Dr. Gomez

As a cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon, I believe in providing my patients the most advanced techniques applicable to their medical needs. Also, I value a strong patient-doctor relationship that facilitates optimal outcomes and recovery.

Dr. Gomez's Experience

Dr. Gomez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cardiothoracic Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery, Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery and Thoracic Surgery

• Cardiothoracic Surgery

• Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Thoracic Surgery*
  • Thoracic Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Thoracic Surgery*

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Achalasia
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Empyema
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Arterial Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis

• Heart Defect Repair
  • Heart Surgery
  • Heart Valve Replacement
  • Heart Valve Surgery
  • Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP)
  • Ligation
  • Thromboendarterectomy or Excision of Infected Graft
  • Total Coronary Artery Revascularization
  • Tumor Resection
  • Tumor Surgery
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Varicose Vein Procedure
  • Varicose Vein Surgery
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography
  • Vascular Procedure
  • Vascular Surgical Procedure
  • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS)
  • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS) or Thoracotomy

Medical School | Graduated 1991
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Gomez has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gomez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gomez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gomez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gomez to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Gomez's Performance
in Katy |
He's everything and more one would want in a Dr./surgeon. He's incredibly patient and understanding, and genuinely a KIND, caring person. Even though my procedure was relatively minor compared to most of his patients, I was amazed at how attentive he was and how I never felt rushed or pressured. His staff is wonderful as well. I could not have had a better experience.
in Katy, TX |
I have had two vein procedures with Dr. Gomez and he did an excellent job on each leg. He and his staff have been wonderful throughout my experience and believe me, I am an overly sensitive patient when it comes to veins! I couldn't have asked for a more professional, caring specialist. The results have helped me finally get a good night's sleep. I have one more procedure on my right leg to go and I would never think of going anywhere else.
Houston, TX |
I do not understand all the rave reviews for this doctor. I waited over an hour to speak with him, had a 5 min consulation/ultrasound & then received a bill for over $2,500. Needless to say I found a much better doctor to do my vein procedure. The advice he gave me was also for something I didn't need - probably to earn him more money. STAY AWAY...
Katy, TX |
I had several vein treatments done with Dr. Gomez. He was amazing and I am so happy with the outcome. I had vein treatments in the past elsewhere and did not not have a good experience, and was so nervous about doing it again, but Dr. Gomez knows what he is doing along with a wonderful bedside manner!
in Richmond, TX |
I needed to have my carotid artery cleaned out. Dr. Gomez proved to be a skilled provider that took excellent care of my problem.
in Richmond, TX |
Dr Gomez is an outstanding personality to have as your surgeon. He exudes confidence.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Gomez was very professional and knowledgeable about his work. He's also a caring individual and diligent at what he does. I went to Dr Gomez at a crucial time in my journey battling breast cancer a lymnode grew behind my chest wall unexpectedly I was nervous and scared and out of options. When my mother and I went to Dr. Gomez I was told by several doctors that they would not be able to remove the lymnode because of the location. Needless to say my family and I are very THANKFUL and blessed
in Houston, TX |
I would like to recognize Dr. Gomez on my Patient Satisfaction Survey as a devoted Physician in his call and purpose, which is important to observe as a patient. In my recent experience, Dr. Gomez and his Office personnel had the best Welcome presentation, and ensured that I was receiving the service needed. His staff kept me informed, and Dr. Gomez was available when needing to be reached with questions and concerns. In observing, he should be selected for a Service Award!!
in Katy, TX |
Dr Gomez is a smart doctor that really cares. I had an emergency and was assigned Dr Gomez in ER for surgery. After my surgery he came to speak to me not just about the immediate results but the severity of my situation. He really spoke into my life that I needed real help and that's when I contacted MD Anderson. However Dr Gomez continued to meet w/ me for follow ups but really to see how my treatments were going. He treated me like a family member he really cares about, he saved my life!
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Gomez is a very caring and detailed doctor. He took all my fears of having surgery away. His bed side manor is excellent.
in Katy, TX |
Dr Gomez made me feel very comfortable and at ease, he explained everything in a way that was easy to understand. I was no longer anxious but excites about having the procedure done.
in Houston, TX |
Worst experience ever! My mom went to him to get rid of her vericose but he ended up damaging a nerve on my moms leg. More than a year later she has pain in that leg he was pulling out veins and he actually mistook a nerve for a vein.
I would really appreciate you calling my office and asking to speak to me personally to know who your Mom is and her symptoms. Since I have not had any patient contact me concerning this issue, it is impossible to address appropriately.
in Katy, TX |
From beginning to end, I was treated with kindness and respect by both the office staff and Dr. Gomez. My highest praise to him for the abdominal aorta bypass which enabled me the quality of life I had prior to blockage of the aorta in affording me the ability to walk again without pain. I am so very grateful for his skill set and appreciate the kindness of his bedside manner. I would definitely recommend Dr. Gomez to anyone in search of cardiovascular, thoracic or vascular needs/surgery.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Gomez was recommended to me by my cardiologist, to perform my quadruple bypass surgery. I immediately felt confident and at ease with Dr. Gomez. He kept me informed and assured throughout the entire procedure. His post-op visits to my hospital room were both professional and human. He's a caring and warm professional.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Gomez & his staff are excellent! I knew for the most part what to expect & was given specific instructions to follow after each procedure. It was helpful that all of the procedures were scheduled at the first visit. I was confident I was in very experienced hands.
in HOUSTON TX |
Dr Gomez and his staff were very friendly they spend appropriate amount of time to explain the questions,and they ease the procedure by telling you what to expect.and the end you feel so comfortable by leaving the office.He is very knowledgeable I am so glad by choosing him as my vascular DR ,
in Houston, TX |
Wait time negligible, excellent doctor and staff communication skills with/ interest in, patient - great attention from both staff and doctor for my vascular condition - generally no one had that 'tired out' attitude about patient, their own jobs, etc. Visiting this office is a pleasant experience!
in Katy, TX |
I had a pretty rare instance of a lymphatic cyst (in my armpit) that was continuing to grow. Dr. Gomez was upfront and honest about my diagnosis and gave me my options since the cyst would not drain. He was able to remove it successfully without damaging any nerves and now I am back to working out again with no pain. He is very knowledgeable in his field, and I would feel comfortable going back to him for another surgery if I needed to. His staff was also very helpful with insurance billing.
in Hempstead, TX |
Dr. Gomez has a wonderful bedside manner, incredibly knowledgeable and took the time to address all of my concerns. The office staff was kind, very friendly and caring, Nicole is the BEST. I would highly recommend this office to my family and friends.
in Houston, TX |
He was able to give specific solutions to a problem that no others doctors had ever been able to truly solve, and the procedure was thoroughly well explained. His whole staff was equally professional,informative, and friendly on each visit. I noticed an immediate difference 1 week after my leg vein proceedure. I highly recommend Dr. Gomez .
in Houston, TX |
Friendly, professional and fast.
in Katy, TX |
I had an EVLT procedure today and was very impressed at how smoothly the whole experience was! Dr. Gomez, Tammy, Jeanne, and Nicole are personable, thorough,and professional. I would highly recommend The Houston Vein Institute and staff!
in Houston, TX |
Very calm and soft spoken which puts patients at ease. Had procedure done in less than 30 minutes. Very proficient
in Katy, TX |
I have seen Dr. Gomez for varicose and spider veins in my legs. At first, I was very nervous about the EVLT procedure but his staff made me feel very comfortable and there was no pain and procedure done very quick. I highly recommend Dr. Gomez!
in Houston, Texas |
Great friendly, helpful staff. Dr. Gomez has an excellent bed side manner.
in Katy, tX |
Best ever. Have referred several people.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Gomez and his staff (Tammy, Jeanne and Nicole) are a team out of the charts. I just came out today from a procedure and can say that everything was wonderful. I even arrive 1 hour earlier in order to avoid traffic and they did not make me wait. They have all my trust and respect. They are knowledgeable and explain to you everything, give you tips and treat you like family. Not also the staff is great, the location and installation are clean and well equip.
in Houston, TX |
It doesn't hurt as much as going to the dentist. He is good at hiding the shots you are about to partake in. He is a Cardiologist. Everyone was very friendly and very efficient.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Gomez and his staff are professional, knowledgeable, and accommodating throughout the entire process. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Gomez and his wonderful support team, Tammy, Jeanne, & Nicole. They are always available for questions, and respond in a timely manner. Dr. Gomez and his staff are the perfect team to help you with your specific needs.
Pearland, TX |
Dr. Gomez and the entire staff have all been very wonderful with me and my case. I will definitely refer everyone to this office!
in Houston, TX |
I had robotic bypass surgery with Dr Gomez. He was always extremely nice and caring throughout the entire experience. I did very well during and after the surgery, and my recovery was quick and uneventful. He's an excellent first rate surgeon and I highly recommend him.
Houston, TX |
I have seen Dr. Gomez for several years for the varicose and spider veins in my legs. He is never rushed, does a thorough job, and is pleasant. His staff is pleasant as well and his office is very nice, new, and clean. I have had sclerotheraphy and vein wave done and I have seen great improvement in the appearance of my legs. I have seen other Drs in the past and did not have as much success. I highly recommend Dr. Gomez.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Gomez and his friendly staff has always taken great care of me. They stick to their schedule, and are all knowledgeable and happy to help inform and answer questions. Dr. Gomez and his staff all made a not so comfortable experience very pleasant! I was recommended by friends and will recommend to others!
in Houston, TX |
I have had multiple procedures by Dr. Gomez and his staff and they are always very professional. I would highly recommend them!
in Hempstead, TX |
Dr. Gomez was personable and professional.
in Humble, TX |
I was recently diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis and hyperplasia of my thymus.I made an appointment to meet with Dr. Gomez to discuss if he would take my case and perform a robotic thymectomy. Dr. Gomez explained everything to me in detail including expectations before, during & after my surgery. To say I was lucky to find him would be an understatement. He is truly a God send! He is the epitome of how every doctor should be showing true compassion for each and every one of his patients!!
Have you seen Dr. Miguel Gomez, MD?

Visit Dr. Gomez