Dr. Miguel De La Garza, MD

Anesthesiology | Male

5413 George St New Port Richey, FL 34652 Get Directions
Dr. Miguel De La Garza, MD
Dr. Miguel De La Garza, MD is an anesthesiology doctor who practices in New Port Richey, FL. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. De La Garza is affiliated with Bayfront Health Dade City and Medical Center of Trinity.

Dr. De La Garza's Experience

See how Dr. De La Garza's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. De La Garza

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. De La Garza has admitting privileges.

Dr. De La Garza's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. De La Garza to family and friends
3.3
Dr. De La Garza's Performance
    GOOD
Tampa, FL |
This is the worst physician in the world. Although the doctor seems knowledgeable, the staff is rude and unorganized. The docto said he was going to write a prescription for an MRI and PT. Never received. Never acknowledged receipt of my copay. Terrible
in Land O Lakes Fl |
My husband has been a patient for a long time. This doctor is not only knowledgeable, he is also a friendly man that truly cares for his patients , he takes the time to fully understand my husbands needs and he makes sure I understand what is happening, you just cant fake that kind of caring. If you are in pain and maybe even a little scared, this is the doctor for you . He will put you at ease and come up with a treatment plan to rid you of your pain. Thank you for giving me my husband back.
in Lutz, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. De La Garza for a little over a year now and I was surprised to see a review that said the staff was rude, it is quite the opposite . The staff goes out of there way to make sure I am comfortable , they are personable and remember my name every time I go in. As for the Doctor, it is so refreshing to have a doctor with personality. He is witty when it is appropriate and he makes me feel comfortable.He has a wonderful bedside manner and has earned my complete trust.
Zephyrhills, FL |
Dr. Delagarza is fantastic. I have been seeing him for many years and he has always provided great care. I would definitely recommend him.
in St Petersburg, FL |
I've now been seeing Dr. Dr La Garza for over 1 year. He as helped me to fight the pain my body experiences with Osteogenesis Imperfecta. If not for his support and understanding I don't know where or what I would be doing. He is understanding and works at knowing more about me.
in Land O Lakes, FL |
Doctor De La Garza has been my physician for over ten years . I suffer from Chronic pain in my leg as well as my back. He has successfully preformed two procedures on my back that has almost completely freed me from back pain. He not only prescribes medication he comes up with a complete treatment plan specific to my needs, physical therapy , in my case a procedure on my back and a specific medication plan . He is very understanding and does everything in his power to ease my pain. Thank you!
in Palm Harbor, FL |
Dr. De La Garza treats you with dignity and compassion, while working towards healing the source of your pain. Great guy, even better care! Thank you!
in New Port Richey, FL |
It is difficult to write about my experience with Dr. de la Garza in trite a five-star survey. Simply put, Dr. de la Garza saved my life. As an above-knee amputee with neuropathic pain and chronic phantom pain, I have seen pain specialists for a decade. I pleaded with a dozen of these specialists but with zero results to get me off opioids b/c of the harmful l/t effects. Finally, I saw Dr. de la Garza and he came up with a solution that both stopped the pain AND got me off opioids..25 stars!
in Tampa, FL |
First of all the front staff is very RUDE! However. this doctor is very nice but I feel he is very new at this profession. He does not examen you he went by my symptoms then decided to inject. No communication btwn nurse and doctor. Trigger point injection to pudendal nerve was a fail and extremely painful, I fell after leaving office. Called the office to inform, they were not concerned just said to rest for 24 hours. They never called to check up if I was ok.
in Tampa, FL |
He is very caring. His treatments and advise have allowed me resume an active lifestyle. Three years ago I thought I would be using a walker for the rest of my life. Since then I've been to Europe three times without a walker and relatively pain free. Thanks Dr D.
Tampa fl |
Dr De La Garza is an awesome doctor incredibly inteligent very knowledgeable in his field. I felt like he answered my questions and my concerns on my level specific to my needs and problems as they related to me. His skills are also great I never even felt the needle when i was injected multiple times as I have for other less talented doctors. When you have the physical problems that i have in multiple locations its important to have a skilled doctor. I would recommend him to all who have needs.
in Land O Lakes, FL |
This Dr gave me 3 trigger points in my back. Very,very Painful,blew my bladder up for about 3 days. I canceled my next appointment for deeper injection.He sacred me,seriously scared me.I received your letter Dr D that I was being Non adherent, being dismissed. I?m 58 I?ve know you 4 years..Your practitioner gave me trigger point shots,no problem.I can handle you dropping me as a patient, but after 4 years Dr.D? Next time grow a set and call them, find out why they Cancelled at least. RG
in Tampa, Fl |
Dr and staff have no respect for patents time or issues. Waited a month for 1st appt. After I arrived I had to wait 3 hrs before being informed they did not have insurance authorization because someone forgot to do it. My second visit was 2 weeks later and this time the dr. was miraculously out of town. Totally inconsiderate. The physicians assistant saw me instead and managed to prescribe narcotic painkillers without the doctors knowledge. 3rd visit was last
in Seffner |
Dr. De La Garza goes over and beyond when treating his patients.
in Weeki Wachee, FL |
I would recommend Dr. de la Garza to anyone he is very knowledgeable and listens (very important to me!)
Have you seen Dr. Miguel De La Garza, MD?
Are you Dr. De La Garza?

Compare Dr. De La Garza

Dr. De La Garza's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Anesthesiology

• Settlement (8/30/2012)
      • Amount or Range: $275,000.00
      • State: Florida

Dr. De La Garza has 2 board actions

• Disciplinary action in another state (6/16/2017)
      • Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
      • Summary: Please reference the following Document
      • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
      • State: Texas
      • Substandard Care (12/16/2016)
      • Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
      • Summary: Please reference the following Document
      • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
      • State: Florida

Why It Matters: Dr. De La Garza's Board Certifications

• Anesthesiology

Dr. De La Garza does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. De La Garza and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas

Graduated in 2001

Dr. De La Garza does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. De La Garza and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Anesthesiology

Dr. De La Garza does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. De La Garza and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.