Dr. Miguel Alvarez, MD

Dr. Miguel Alvarez, MD

Pediatrics | Male | 61 years old

Dr. Alvarez specializes in Pediatrics and practices in Fort Myers, FL. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Alvarez? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Alvarez's Experience

See how Dr. Alvarez's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Alvarez

Dr. Alvarez accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Alvarez has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Alvarez
Dr. Alvarez's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (10)
in Sarasota, FL |
Left a mess when he closed previous practice in Lakewood Ranch. Has a dead end phone number that does not accept messages so no way to obtain previous medical records so I can continue medical care for my 2 children. He and his rude staff hung up on me when I made this simple request- there is no accountability as we are no longer patients . Would not trust this Dr to care for my children.
Parrish, FL |
Referred to a horrible neurologist by this doctor and now that he's moved I'm unable to get my child's records transferred in a timely manner. Had severe allergy issues that I ended up having to find resolve for on my own due to a lack of information and options provided Very frustrated with my experience as a whole.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Micky was my son's pediatrician since he was born. He provided excellent care for my son while his practice was in Sarasota but then he abrubtly closed his practice, giving only one week's notice, even to long-time patients. I expected to be notified further in advance in order to find a new doctor for my son and get his medical records transferred. Since finding a new doctor we have been unable to get my son's medical records transferred from Dr. Alvarez.
in Sarasota |
He closed office without adequate notice to his long time patients. Very disappointing.
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr, Micky has been our peditrician for 31 years. He has cared for our three sons and now our grandson. He is knowledgeable, on top of pediatric procedures and medications, gentle with the children and a encourager for the parents. He has a genuine love for children, is compassionate and has a sense of humor. He has been with our family during the best and worst of times and we will forever be grateful.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Alvarez was very good when my kids were babies, but his practice has gone way down hill in the past 2-3 years. He is frequently out of required vaccinations and tells patients to go to the health department for them. He no longer has an RN or LPN, just the two very good ladies in the office, one of which I think now has a certificate to perform vitals on patients. really..no nurse? The ARPN who used to work for him was fantastic, I guess he couldn't afford to have her any more. Disappointed!
Have you seen Dr. Miguel Alvarez, MD?
Are you Dr. Alvarez?

Dr. Alvarez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatrics
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

Dr. Alvarez does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Alvarez and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Catholic University Of Mother and Maestra (Ucmm) / Department Of Medicine / Faculty Of Health Science

Graduated in 1984

Dr. Alvarez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alvarez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatrics

Dr. Alvarez does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Alvarez and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.