Dr. Mickey Syrquin, DO

Dr. Mickey Syrquin, DO

Neurosurgery  |

Dr. Mickey Syrquin, DO is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Fargo, ND. He is 57 years old.

Essentia Health-32nd Avenue Clinic (Fargo)

3000 32nd Ave S

Fargo, ND 58103

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota

Learn about Dr. Syrquin

Video

See how frequently Dr. Syrquin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Intervertebral Disc Disease
Spine Disorders
Spinal Stenosis

Dr. Syrquin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Syrquin "As a physician, I have the privilege of caring for patients and their families and sharing in Essentia Health's mission of making a healthy difference in people's lives."

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Syrquin does not have any board certifications listed.

• Aneurysm
  • Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Neurostimulation
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for North Dakota.

1 Sanction
  • Disciplinary action in another state (10/8/2003)
    Action Taken: Surrender
    Summary: Dr. Mickey G. Syrquin, Lic #OT-002135-T

NATURE OF COMPLAINT

The physician was disciplined by the North Dakota medical board.

ACTION TAKEN

License permanently and voluntarily surrendered

State: Pennsylvania

• Univ Of Health Sci-Osteo
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Long Island Jewish Medical Center

Dr. Syrquin has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Syrquin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Syrquin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Syrquin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Syrquin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Syrquin to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Syrquin's Performance
in West Fargo, ND |
Dr. Syrquin was excellent to deal with. He explained what they were going to do on my back and giving me any issues that could be encountered. I feel so blessed that he cares about his patients and I haven’t felt as good as I do now in about seven months. I highly recommend Dr. Syrquin to anyone with back problems. However, Dr Syrquin’s nurse Stacey was not a pleasure to work with. Her emails back to me were not very well written. She does not have the compassion a nurse should have.
Thanks for sharing such positive feedback about Dr. Syrquin. We feel fortunate to have him on our team and will pass on your kind words to him. -Andrew
in Detroit Lakes, MN |
Dr. Syrquin performed a two level lumbar spine fusion on me September 2017. He explained the surgery very thoroughly, outlined the risks involved and he made sure that I still wanted to have the procedure. I had relief from the pain I that I had before the operation within days. Dr. Syrquin was extremely courteous and friendly.
in West Fargo ND |
I had Dr Syrquin do an emergency surgery on me October 25th 2016 due to a blood clot brain aneurism that ruptured in the Family Fare Grocery Store in West Fargo ND. I call him God #2 !! He was wonderful to me as well as my family! He also took another one out January 24th 2017. He is wonderful as well as everyone that helped him!! Essentia in Fargo is the best hospital around. I have a bunch of wonderful Drs. There but Dr. Syrquin is God # 2 in my life! Bless him and everyone at Essentia! Fgo ND
Thanks for sharing such positive feedback about Dr. Syrquin. We feel lucky to have him on our team and will pass on your kind words to him. -Andrew
in Fargo, ND |
Dr Mickie did a CTS release on my left hand. Very thorough,explained everything to me.Saw me in rapid time. Staff called me the day after surgery and asked how I was doing. Great staff. Great Neuro dept.I recommend anyone with neuro issues to make an appointment with him.
in Moorhead, MN |
Dr. Syrquin completed my Laminectomy Lumbar with Fusion on April 4, 2017. A routine surgery normally takes around 1.5 hours but mine ended up being 3 hours. Dr. Syrquin took his time during surgery and did an awesome job! I really don't know how to explain or even what to say to let everyone know how I feel Dr. Syrquin did with my surgery. I could not have been more impressed with the results. I have had NO nerve pain in my right leg since waking up from surgery. I owe him so much!!!
in Lidgerwood, ND |
Dr. Syrquin explained everything in terms I could understand. He was excellent at relieving my pain and giving advice on how to stay pain free. I really liked that he showed me what he did to help me and that he checked on it before letting me go back to work.
fargo, nd |
I just recently had a L5 discectomy surgery by Dr.Syrquin and could not be more happy with the results. After two weeks there's been a huge change in the pain and I'm able to get back to my everyday life. I will be on restrictions with what I lift for now until I've fully healed however, I couldn't be more happy with the pain that has been relieved.. Prior to surgery Dr.Syrquin was very direct and to the point with any questions or concerns I had and made everything very easy to understand.
in West Fargo, ND |
Dr syrquin was an amzing surgeon i had a herniated disc and as a vet my procedures usually take a little while it seemed he really pushed for it and the surgery went smooth its been a month since the surgery and i feel brand new as a marine i like straightforward and thats exactly how he is wonderful and polite but straight to the point i will strongly recomend him to anyone i know
in Fargo, ND |
I had a very positive experience with Dr. Syrquin who performed my L4-L5 spinal fusion. Being 30 years old the last thing you want to have to endure is spinal surgery. Dr. Syrquin ensured we tried every possible option before he even talked about the surgical route. I am incredibly happy with the outcome of surgery and feel like I have my life back! Thank you so much for you wonderful care! I highly recommend him if you need surgery.
in Britton, SD |
excellent surgeon - I experienced an excellent result after my back surgery
in Shevlin, mn |
DR. SYRQUIN,IS THE BEST FROM NEW YORK CITY, TOO SAN FRANCISCO I HAD SPINAL STENOSIS.LOTS OF MEGA PAIN FOR FOUR MONTHS. He preformed surgery all went well. I had no pain the next day, great!!!! He is Avery good doctor, you can tell he really cares. About you. Dr.Syrquin is the greatest. Three week latter I have no pain only when I strain myself to much.
St Paul, MN |
Dr. Syrquin is a very confident physician. He does not have the best bed side manner, but he is very knowledgeable and competent.
in ND |
After being diagnosed with a meningioma, Dr. Syrquin provided us with solid advice and we felt confident with his recommended course of treatment. He is a knowledgeable and skilled surgeon. After my craniotomy, he advocated for me so that I received the best course of treatment as I recovered.
in Audubon, MN 56511 |
I researched Dr. Syrquin before I decided to have him do my surgery. Other Doctors I called said he was good but didn't have the best bedside manner. I had great results with him and would recommend him anytime. Thank you Dr. Syrquin.
in Fargo, ND |
I would go to him again in a heart beat. I was in pain for 10 months and I tried Therapy first and then tried the shots. Finally surgery. I am so happy, no pain. I am a different person. Thank You.
in Kennedy, MN |
Great experience with Dr Syrquin . I felt very confident in him and in his decision to correct my back pain by having lumbar fusion surgery. The results were successful and it has made a tremendous difference in my life.
in Fargo, ND |
I had a nerve tumor on the bottom of my foot and that was the first time he did one. He did very good job, I can now walk o my foot with no pain. I will be telling people to go to him.
in NEW YORK MILLS, MN |
We would definitely recommend Dr Syrquin to anyone who needs neck surgery or any other surgery involving the spine. He is a very professional surgeon as well as caring and able to explain procedures so that one is able to understand what and why things are going to happen. His staff was very helpful when we were preparing for surgery and after. We are very pleased with our experience with Dr. Syrquin and his staff!
Pelican Rapids, MN |
went in to schedule lower back surgery, he said he would be making a very large incision in my stomach, starting above my bellybutton, making a half-circle around my bellybutton and then continuing down a couple inches, then moving all my internal organs out of the way to get to my spine. When I voiced my concern about completely scarring my stomach, he said "maybe the pain isn't bad enough if you are worried about the scar" VERY ARROGANT! I was told to get a 2nd opinion from Essentia staff!!
I apologize for the delayed response to your review, I just learned of it today. Thanks so much for taking the time to share this important feedback with us. We take all patient concerns seriously and use the information to improve our care. I would like to learn more. Please send an email to PatientFeedback@EssentiaHealth.org -Andrew
Moorhead, MN |
Due to this doctor ignoring me after my surgery about me not feeling right, I ended up having emergency surgery due to a blood clot. If he had just listened to me about not feeling right, the problem would have been solved way sooner. I do NOT recommend him to anyone ever. All I hear is horror stories from him, mine being one of them.
Fargo, ND |
Because of the negligence of having to repair a major artery and not telling me; I have perminate nerve damage, had internal Organ failures and permanent disabled. I wish I knew he was known for things like this before I had surgery. :(
I had an appointment with Dr. Syrquin to establish care after a shunt surgery, he was pretty rude and wouldn't answer any of my questions just told me to ask the neurosurgeon who did the surgery. Very unhealpfull
Have you seen Dr. Mickey Syrquin, DO?

Visit Dr. Syrquin