Dr. Michelle Welch, MD

Dermatology | Female

Dr. Michelle Welch, MD
Dr. Michelle Welch, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Lexington, SC. She is 49 years old and has been practicing for 21 years.

Dr. Welch's Experience

See how Dr. Welch's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Welch

Dr. Welch accepts 17 insurance carriers

Dr. Welch is now accepting new patients
Dermatology Of Lexington346 W Butler St
Lexington, SC 29072
(803) 951-1717Get Directions

Dr. Welch's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Welch to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Welch's Performance
Chapin, SC |
Both my husband and I went to Dr. Welch and had a very poor experience. On three separate occasions, she was clearly in a rush during our appointment. We did not feel she cared about our questions nor took the time to thoroughly examine us. At check-in, we were told that our wait time would be approx 15-20 minutes. Instead, it was 1.5 hours with no acknowledgement of the delay. After 3 poor experiences, we will definitely not return and do not recommend Dr. Welch.
in Columbia, SC |
Awesome experience! She and her staff were all wonderful. I don't understand all of the bad comments. They handled all of my needs today and had my mess in to the pharmacy before I got out of her office. Very kind and courteous woman. I would highly recommend her.
Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review. We do strive to deliver the best medical care and we treat everyone with respect
in Lexington, SC |
She abruptly walked in after I waited 30 minutes on her. She scolded me for not seeing her in a while and proceeded to examine me while talking out loud to her assistant who was typing away on her computer. I had specific questions about a couple of moles but before I could finish she told me it was nothing. I just do not have a good feeling about this place or this md.
in Columbia, SC |
I went to see Dr. Welch over two years ago. The examine consisted of her scanning every inch of my skin and using technical terms for her two other staff in the room to write down all the while failing to talk to me the actual patient. I felt like a lab rat and cried that day and may days after. She told me how my hair growth was "not normal". I have Mediterranean heritage...it's normal. If you want to feel belittled, this is the doctor for you. Even my pharmacy told me how horrible she is.
in Lexington, SC |
Wait time is entirely to long 1-2 hours every time.
New Port Richey, FL |
Wait time is too long, over booking, staff needs work on how to greet and meet.
in Lexington, SC |
The wait was ridiculous and my first of several follow-up appointments begin over a month out. An entire month. I hope this means she's good at what she does, and that being busy isn't a sign of loading a ton of patients for financial gain. She was polite, knowledgeable and her staff was okay. Not rude, but very ... artificially polite ... if that makes sense. I've been to worse, so really I guess the experience was okay. She's good, but the rest is ... meh.
Lexington, SC |
Dr. Welch and her staff are perfectly professional and friendly. I do believe Dr. Welch is a good dermatologist. However the waiting is out of control, every time I visit her office it's at least an hour in the waiting room, the most recent visit I spent over two hours waiting. And because of this the staff gets in a hurry and the service starts to suffer. Also Dr. Welch does not believe in surgically removing plantar warts, and in my experience surgical removal is all that works.
in West Columbia, SC |
This is the most caring staff I have ever had the pleasure of meeting ! Dr Welch was very professional and one of the kindness Dr's I have every met! Have already recommended her to a few people.
Lexington, SC |
My one an only visit to this office was terrible. The wait time was excessive and Dr Welch rushed my appointment along. She made me return for a follow up. When I had to cancel due to work reasons, i called and left multiple voice messages to cancel and receive a return phone call. No one every bothered to return my call, so I called the next day and finally received a live person. His explanation was that they don't have the ability to change their voice mail. Really? i never will return.
in Lexington, SC |
Very personable and takes time to explain things.
Have you seen Dr. Michelle Welch, MD?

Compare Dr. Welch

Dr. Welch's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology
  •  Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available

Dr. Welch has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Welch's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acanthosis Nigricans
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Birthmark
  • Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

Completed in 2002

Austin Peay State University

Graduated in 1991

• German

Dr. Welch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Welch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology