Dr. Michelle Orr, MD

Kansas City, MO 64155

• American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
  • CoreSource
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • PHP-Physicians Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Orr

Dr. Orr provides comprehensive diabetes care - including management of thyroid abnormalities and disease, insulin pump management and general endocrinology care.

Dr. Orr's Experience

Dr. Orr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology

• Adrenal Gland Diseases
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Hypopituitarism
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Thyroid Cyst
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Diabetes Counseling

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• UNIV OF MO COLUMBIA SCH OF MED
    Medical School | Graduated 1985

Dr. Orr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Orr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Orr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Orr's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Orr to family and friends
1.9
Dr. Orr's Performance
Kansas City, MO |
I went to Dr. Orr back in November after a 6 week wait, only to receive any help. Was diagnosed with Hashimotos and went to her as a referral from my primary care. She told me thyroid problems don't make weight gain and told me just to decrease my caloric intake by 500cals/day without even asking me how much I ate in the first place. Very rude and offered no help. Almost cried at one point during the appointment. Will be switching endocrinologists for my next appointment.
in Liberty, MO |
I have been a patient of Dr. Orr's since 2006. I was referred to her when my PCP decided that he could no longer help me manage my Type 2 diabetes. She has a very direct style, and she is outstanding at helping me manage medications so that I can more effectively manage the issues that come with diabetes. In recent years she has added a nurse-specialist, Janet, to her practice; Janet is skilled, knowledgeable and works easily with patients who need additional help. Thanks Dr. Orr!
in Kansas City, MO |
I have to say Dr. Orr was the worst doctor I have ever encountered in my life. Arrogant and rude does not begin to describe her. She refused to listen to my symptoms. Told me my disease wasn't really. Told me I would be fat the rest of my life and be her next diabete patient. My new doc figured out I have an autoimmune disease on top of thyroid disease, HS, & PCOS. I'm now on the right medication & feel amazing. Dr. Allenbrand is a sweet & intelligent doctor. Go see him.
Kansas City, MO |
She was very arrogant and very rude. I agree if I could leave a zero star rating I would. I only got to see her once or twice. All other times it was her nurse practitioner who was equally rude. By the end of my last appointment she had me in tears. I was trying to tell her my particular situation but she would not listen. I have now found out (with a new doctor) she was not checking my thyroid for 2 years to see if the thyroid cancer had come back and guess what - it has. Bad Situation
in Kansas City, MO |
Very arrogant Dr. Apparently believes that she is the only endocrinologist in Kansas City. Mosaic is right down the street from my house and I've been driving out of my way to see her since I was diagnosed. That won't be the case moving forward and she's never there to begin with. She just tried to lecture me on refills.. uh, you're working for me. I pay you so do your job.
Kansas City, mo |
Dr. Orr knows what she is talking about, wants to help you, and is very personable. Staff is friendly and professional.
Kansas City, MO |
If I could give 0 stars I would. She based medical advice on two year old blood work. I demanded updated labs, and she refused to run some of the tests. She contradicts herself in a single breath. Please go elsewhere, where the doctor knows what they're talking about!
in Kansas City, MO |
When her partner, in the office where she used to practice, passed away, my case was transfer to her. I, was of course notified, and I decided to go for a trial visit. If I liked her, I would continue, if not; however, I would go to someone else. I liked her, and I have agreed with everything she has recommended. I have a background of working in the medical field for 22yrs at various different medical facilities, and/or, hospitals. Therefore, I have worked with all types of personalities.
in Platte city, Mo |
Dr. Orr knew a lot about thyroid, and she made sure I knew how smart she was. What she never once asked, or cared when I brought it up, was how I was feeling. She also did not effectively explain thyroid issues to me. It was more like she was showing off. She also continually said how she didn't THINK that the nodule on my thyroid is anything. I waited 40 minutes to see her, after getting called back 10 minutes before my appointment time, and she spent 10 minutes with me.
in Kansas City, Missouri |
One of the most unhelpful doctors. Offensive to my sister who is suffering from an autoimmune disease offering no options for her symptoms and condescending her fatigue while making comments on how her appearance isn't up to par with other patients who have the same disease... If I could give her zero stars I would.
Have you seen Dr. Michelle Orr, MD?
Are you Dr. Orr?

Visit Dr. Orr

Dr. Orr accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • CoreSource
    Preferred PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • PHP-Physicians Health Plan