Dr. Michelle L. Orr, MD

Dr. Michelle L. Orr, MD

Endocrinology | Female | 55 years old

Dr. Orr provides comprehensive diabetes care - including management of thyroid abnormalities and disease, insulin pump management and general endocrinology care.Read more

Meritas Health Endocrinology
9411 N Oak Trfy Ste 205
Kansas City, MO 64155 Get Directions

Dr. Orr's Experience

See how Dr. Orr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Orr

Dr. Orr accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Orr has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Orr
Dr. Orr's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (34)
Kansas City, MO |
She was very arrogant and very rude. I agree if I could leave a zero star rating I would. I only got to see her once or twice. All other times it was her nurse practitioner who was equally rude. By the end of my last appointment she had me in tears. I was trying to tell her my particular situation but she would not listen. I have now found out (with a new doctor) she was not checking my thyroid for 2 years to see if the thyroid cancer had come back and guess what - it has. Bad Situation
in Kansas City, MO |
Very arrogant Dr. Apparently believes that she is the only endocrinologist in Kansas City. Mosaic is right down the street from my house and I've been driving out of my way to see her since I was diagnosed. That won't be the case moving forward and she's never there to begin with. She just tried to lecture me on refills.. uh, you're working for me. I pay you so do your job.
Kansas City, mo |
Dr. Orr knows what she is talking about, wants to help you, and is very personable. Staff is friendly and professional.
Kansas City, MO |
If I could give 0 stars I would. She based medical advice on two year old blood work. I demanded updated labs, and she refused to run some of the tests. She contradicts herself in a single breath. Please go elsewhere, where the doctor knows what they're talking about!
in Kansas City, MO |
When her partner, in the office where she used to practice, passed away, my case was transfer to her. I, was of course notified, and I decided to go for a trial visit. If I liked her, I would continue, if not; however, I would go to someone else. I liked her, and I have agreed with everything she has recommended. I have a background of working in the medical field for 22yrs at various different medical facilities, and/or, hospitals. Therefore, I have worked with all types of personalities.
in Platte city, Mo |
Dr. Orr knew a lot about thyroid, and she made sure I knew how smart she was. What she never once asked, or cared when I brought it up, was how I was feeling. She also did not effectively explain thyroid issues to me. It was more like she was showing off. She also continually said how she didn't THINK that the nodule on my thyroid is anything. I waited 40 minutes to see her, after getting called back 10 minutes before my appointment time, and she spent 10 minutes with me.
in Kansas City, Missouri |
One of the most unhelpful doctors. Offensive to my sister who is suffering from an autoimmune disease offering no options for her symptoms and condescending her fatigue while making comments on how her appearance isn't up to par with other patients who have the same disease... If I could give her zero stars I would.
Have you seen Dr. Michelle L. Orr, MD?
Are you Dr. Orr?

Dr. Orr's Care Philosophy

Dr. Orr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology
  •  Malpractice claims in Missouri not available

Dr. Orr has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

Why It Matters: Dr. Orr's Board Certifications

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

• Abnormal Thyroid
  • Adrenal Gland Diseases
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Hypopituitarism
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

UNIV OF MO COLUMBIA SCH OF MED

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Orr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Orr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology