Dr. Michelle Homan, DO

Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Diseases •  Female • Age 36

Telehealth services available

Dr. Michelle Homan, DO is a Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Disease Specialist in Overland Park, KS. Dr. Homan has more experience with Obstructive Lung Disease and Sleep-disordered Breathing than other specialists in her area. She is affiliated with Menorah Medical Center. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Homan to book an appointment.

Menorah Pulmonary and Critical Care Consultants

New Patient?
Menorah Pulmonary and Critical Care Consultants5701 W 119th St Ste 308 Overland Park, KS 66209
    • Sat: closed

More Cardiology Specialists at Menorah Pulmonary and Critical Care Consultants

Dr. Homan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Homan

Dr. Homan?
What People Say About Dr. Michelle Homan, DO
For the first time in many years I left this appointment full of hope - not because of any miraculous promises but because I was told the truth. And in such a way that it is not condescending or patronizing in any way. Dr Hooman explained thoroughly where I am -where i can be (options) and how to get there. She is professional and if i were in an emergency situation I would definitely trust my care to her.
C.McD – Jun 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Homan, DO?
I was impressed that Dr Homan And taking the time to review all of the information I had sent prior to my first visit with her. She genuinely expresses professionalism and true passion for caring for her patients in a most thorough manner
May 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Homan, DO?
Although Dr Homan was obviously very tired from caring for her covid 19 patients she still gave ample to to helping me for my copd. She is an outstanding doctor and I’m happy I found her.
Cecil Dean Anderson – Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Homan, DO?
During my first visit I saw Dr. Homan as a referral. During the entire appointment her kindness and warmth made it apparent how much compassion she has for her patients. You can tell she really cares about you. Not only was she caring, but she also explained my imaging results, and all the other medical jargon in a way that was easy for me to understand. She took the time to make sure I was included in my healthcare, and that I understood all aspects of my care so we could build a plan together. She really listened to me, and made me feel as if I was working with her to improve my health. Dr. Homan immediately made me feel comfortable during our appointment, which isn’t always the easiest thing to find when seeing a new doctor. It was clear that she is extremely knowledgeable, and an expert in her medical specialty. If you are looking for a new pulmonologist, or need to find one for a first time referral you can not get better than Dr. Homan, her bedside manner, her compassion, and her
John cline – Mar 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Homan, DO?
I am always pleased with my visits with Doctor Holman. She is a wonderful professional and very knowledge doctor. I just love her. She always listens to my problems and gives me whatever I need or whatever it takes to get me well.
Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Homan, DO?
My wife and I both feel so lucky to have Dr. Homan as our physician, and in our life. We couldn’t ask for more.
M.Sutton – Dec 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Homan, DO?
I had a severe asthma attack and other problems from a construction accident in my house when a contractor failed to contain concrete dust during foundation work in my basement. Dr. Homan checked for the inflammation level in my lungs and gave me a corticosteroid inhaler that stopped the severe cough I'd had for weeks with the asthma event. She continues to treat me for this condition with compassion.
Dec 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Homan, DO?
I was referred to Dr. Homan by my primary care physician. At the first appointment she had reviewed my scans and history and explained thoroughly what she suspected. A bronchoscopy was scheduled at Menorah and the diagnosis was confirmed. Several nurses involved in my care at Menorah commented on how well-respected Dr. Homan is in their facility. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Homan and have the utmost confidence in her ability. Also, her office staff is knowledgeable and responsive which I appreciate so much.
Terrie Hall – Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Homan, DO?
I am 88 years old so I have seen a lot of doctors. Dr. Homan is in a class all by herself. She is extremely patient knowledgeable and caring and she does her homework. Prior to my initial appointment she was like a detective investigating my prior health records to best know how to treat me. Her diagnosis and change in treatment made a significant difference in my well-being.She explains her decisions and recommendations, and she is always right
Seymour Weiner – Oct 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Homan, DO?
I began seeing Dr. Homan just over a year ago on the recommendation of my then pulmonologist who was moving away. I am a retired nurse with serious respiratory issues and I have found her to be concerned, knowledgeable and responsive to my health care needs. At my most recent visit she devoted almost an hour of office time explaining treatment and making arrangements for a necessary procedure.
Mary in Butler, MO – Sep 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Homan, DO?
Dr. Homan is very kind and compassionate and yet extremely thorough in getting to the root of the problem. I was totally impressed with her. She did not rush me through but took the time that was needed for my situation. I have complimented her to so many people already.
Freeman, MO – Apr 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Homan, DO?
Dr Homan took the time to explain my situation to both me and my wife. Our first encounter with Dr Homan was in the ICU so there were lots of questions. She took the time to ease our fears.
Phillip Braniff in Kansas City, MO – Feb 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Homan, DO?
Very knowledgeable,willingness to spend time to explain medical condition, and impressive credentials.
Apr 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Homan, DO?
I have never been to a doctor quite like Dr. Homan. She was very determined to properly diagnose my problem and prescribe the correct treatment. There was no experimenting. Numerous tests were run to confirm what the issue was. I have the utmost confidence in her and would highly recommend her.
Mar 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Homan, DO?
From the front desk to the Doctor visit I was thrilled to have a new doctor office to direct my expanded health care in Kansas City. Dr. Michelle Homan has a wonderful approach to aide in pulmonary issues.
Mar 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Homan, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Homan?

Dr. Homan accepts

Dr. Homan accepts the following insurance:

Preferred PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Kansas

Obstructive Lung Disease

Obstructive lung disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions including COPD, emphysema, asthma and cystic fibrosis that cause blockages or narrowing in the airways of the lungs, making breathing difficult.

Typically treats 80% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
high

Dr. Homan treats COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) more than 86% of their peers

Dr. Homan treats this condition more than 86% of their peers

Pulmonary Function Test

Dr. Homan performs Pulmonary Function Test more than 86% of their peers

Dr. Homan performs this procedure more than 86% of their peers

Emphysema

Dr. Homan treats Emphysema more than 79% of their peers

Dr. Homan treats this condition more than 79% of their peers

Sleep-disordered Breathing

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.

Typically treats 68% more than their peers

• Abscess
  • Acidosis
  • Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asthma
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Bronchospasm
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Mycobacterial Lung Infection
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Pulmonary Edema
  • Tuberculosis
  • Viral Infection
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis
  • Wheezing

Provider Bio:  Dr. Michelle Homan is a board Certified, fellowship-trained pulmonologist with Menorah Pulmonary and Critical Care Consultants in Overland Park, Kansas. She is affiliated with Menorah Medical Center. During her residency in intern...

• Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Diseases