Dr. Michelle Furuta, MD

Dr. Michelle Furuta, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Female
Dr. Michelle Furuta, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Torrance, CA and has been practicing for 14 years. She graduated from University Of California, Los Angeles, School Of Medicine in 2005 and specializes in psychiatry.

23440 Hawthorne Blvd Ste 220

Torrance, CA 90505

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Furuta's experience treating your condition or procedure

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Furuta

Dr. Furuta?
Dr. Furuta's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michelle Furuta, MD
Dr Furuta is an angel disguised as a nurturing, wise, professional psychiatrist. She has helped me tremendously as I was hospitalied from psychosis a few years back. She immediately put me on the right medication and mitigated my symptoms. With the help of support groups, therapy, vigourous physical exercise, yoga, and meditation, I was fully off of medication in less than two years. I highly recommend Dr. Furuta as she is very balanced as an amazing professional and human being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Furuta, MD?
Dr. Furuta is an exceptional physician. She treats the entire patient in a very holistic manner and is very effective.. Warm, approachable and available, she ckearky cares for her patient's immediate needs as well as their ultimate outcome. Able to get to the heart of the issues presented. Recommend her without hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Furuta, MD?
Dr. Furuta literally saved my life. If I could give her ten stars, I would. After a traumatic birth experience, I had severe postpartum depression, bordering on psychosis. Dr. Furuta steered me, as well as my whole family, through the process of healing and bonding with my child. When I became pregnant with my second child, she guided us through the anxiety of another birth.. She is warm, understanding, and perhaps most importantly, very well versed in her field. Hands down, excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Furuta, MD?
Dr. Furuta has made an enormous impact on my life. She has helped me to find a strategy, and the proper medication to manage what had been crippling anxiety. She has helped me through high risk pregnancy, the near death of a child, and step-mothering. The strong foundation that we have created together has allowed me to start my own business and recognize that at every turn in life, I always have a choice. She is responsive, genuine, caring and practical in her guidance. I am so grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Furuta, MD?
As a child, I was taught that I was a "troubled kid". I had seen many experts which provided me superficial solutions towards what I was taught to think of myself. I was still functional in society but accepting that I was limited in ways that was taught to me After working with Dr. Furuta, she was eventually able to help me realize that I was more capable than I could imagine. Her techniques helped me help myself. I never imagined I could be as happy and as confident and I owe that Dr. Furuta
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Furuta, MD?
I have seen Dr. Furuta for almost 5 years now, she is really caring, easy going and is very knowledgeable with all the medications and does not push medication unless it is needed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Furuta, MD?
Nice person, weak doctor. I saw her for about a year for therapy and for medicine. She is nice as a person but I never got better with her. She put me on meds that did nothing except give me headaches. I asked about changing them and she told me to give them time. 1 year later I felt no better. I'm still trying to wean myself off of them. (You can't do it cold turkey.) Avoid her. She doesn't seem like she knows what she is doing. Now that I'm seeing a good therapist I see the difference.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Furuta, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Furuta?