Dr. Michelle Andrews, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Female

Dr. Michelle Andrews, MD
Dr. Michelle Andrews, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Cincinnati, OH. She is 59 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Andrews is affiliated with The Jewish Hospital.

Dr. Andrews' Care Philosophy

WELCOME to my practice: I am a board certified Orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in knee and shoulder problems. We have a team approach and as a patient, you will be the most important part of the "TEAM". Your story is important to me. It will guide your care and help to choose the treatment that will work for you. Our goal is your Health. Come in for a visit. 513-671-0311

Dr. Andrews' Experience

See how Dr. Andrews' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Andrews

Dr. Andrews accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Andrews is now accepting new patients
Cincinnati Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center10663 Montgomery Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45242
(513) 347-9999Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Andrews has admitting privileges.

Dr. Andrews' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Andrews to family and friends
Dr. Andrews' Performance
in Bethel, OH |
My experience with two knee replacements by Dr. Andrews , 2006 and 2016, has been remarkable. She is compassionate as well as highly skillful. Other professionals (x-ray techs, nurses, anesthesiologist) all remarked to me how exacting and careful she is. She explains what she's doing and why she does it, listened to the issues/concerns I had, giving me her total attention. I wouldn't hesitate recommending her to other family members or friends, knowing they would get expert care.
in Batavia, OH |
My experience was with Jessica Pykosz, PA-C. I would go back to her in a second. She was wonderful. She was knowledgeable, kind and caring. I felt she genuinely cared about my pain and problem. She consulted with Dr. Andrews on my plan for care and it worked out wonderfully. Jessica was just the BEST! I would highly recommend both Dr. Andrews and Jessica. The whole experience made me very happy. Thank You, Donna H.
in Harrison, OH |
Dr. Andrews is the best! She has taken care of my shoulder, scoped my knee and done carpal tunnel release on both right and left hands! From diagnosis, surgery and recovery I have had superb care! Dr. Andrews and her team rock! Could not have asked for better!
in Cincinnati |
Simply the best orthopedic doctor in the metropolitan area in Cincinnati
in Fairfield Ohio |
She is probably the best doctor in Cincinnati. She listens to your needs and explains everything very well. She is kind, gentle, and extremely knowledgeable. I recommend her highly! Would not let anyone else work on me!!!!
in Ft. Thomas, KY |
Dr. Andrews was my first choice for my left shoulder rotator cuff; she treated me for the same problem on the right shoulder 11 years ago with great results. I was able to get an appointment easily, completed the diagnostic work-up and had surgery. Her explanation and illustration of my shoulder problems helped me understand what would happen during surgery and why PT was so important. I'm now back to all my normal activities, pain-free-thanks to Dr. Andrews and my therapist Marie Clarke.
in Fairfield, OH |
Easy to talk to
cincinnati, oh |
Dr. Andrews is smart, caring, and a very skilled knee and shoulder orthopedic surgeon. She really cares about not only the surgery, but her patient's progress after surgery. The time she takes with patients is so much more than other physicians.
in West Chester, OH |
My wife, Rose Mary, is in late stage dementia. When i talked opiate pain relief versus a knee replacement, She would not do knee replacement. Understood. Then she told me, "What difference does it make?" Obviously Andrews did not think my wife was aware enough to understand. On the way home, Rose Mary looked at me and asked: "Am I dying?" We are going elsewhere and are very pleased with the Tri-Heath doctor we see. Andrews does not deserve accolades, but need dementia education.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr Andrews did a knee replacement for me. My results have been excellent. Dr. Andrews is efficient and businesslike yet I feel she is genuinely interested in you and your successful outcome. Took the time to answer my questions. Will have to have my other knee replaced in the future and I will be returning to Dr. Andrews.
in Cincinnati Oh |
Dr. Andrews is an outstanding physician and surgeon who has cared for me and my family for many years. She is always professional and caring, keeping you completely informed on your medical condition. I have total trust in her and would highly recommend her to everyone.
Dr. Andrews is an excellent doctor and surgeon who has helped multiple members of my family with a variety of orthopedic problems.
in Montgomery, Ohio |
I would recommend Dr. Andrews to anyone and everyone. She is very thorough, explains conditions in detail and is an excellent surgeon. She sutures like a plastic surgeon! No detectable scars after arthroscopic knee surgery and my knee feels great.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Reflecting on two TKRs in the last 4 years, I've come to appreciate Dr. Andrew's expertise as she saw to every detail of my surgeries resulting in two perfect knees! Dr. Andrews was not only concerned with the surgery. She educated me on my condition, treated me to avoid surgery, guided me in MY decision for surgery, helped me prepare actively for surgery, told me what to expect after surgery and what was expected of me for complete recovery. Now we rejoice together! She is a blessing!
in cincinnati, oh |
Dr.Michelle Andrews was a second opinion,and certainly a happy one. After seeing another Dr., who will remain nameless, I was told I would need a total shoulder replacement. Still in pain I went to Dr. Andrews who recommended I do a series Vitamin d 3 and dark cherry juice to relieve my pain and swelling and come back and see her in 5 weeks. I was amazed how much better I felt both physically and mentally after 5 weeks. She is amazing and certainly not scapel happy. Thanks Dr. Andrews.
in Cincinnati, OH |
The best. Surgery went better than expected, very little pain , almost no visible scaring and my shoulder is working well at 12 weeks
in Morrow, OH |
Dr. Andrews is very professional and does great work. She worked with arthritis in both my knees. I've had a total knee replacement in one and will have the other done soon. Although the surgery was extensive because my knee was so bad, after 8 weeks it has healed well and is very strong. I really appreciate Dr. Andrews expertise and dedication to improving the quality of life for her patients. She certainly did for me!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Within the last two years, Dr. Andrews has replaced both my knees. I found her to be very knowledgeable and she took the time to give me in depth information about what to expect with regard to the surgery and after care. She is very patient-friendly and wanted the best outcome for me. I highly recommend Dr. Andrews should you need any orthopedic services. Dr. Andrews is very friendly and easy to talk with. She also gave me all the time I needed to ask questions.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Simply outstanding! She spent 20 minutes talking to me about my knee pain and her diagnosis. Most specialists talk to you like they have an Uber waiting for them.
Cincinnati Ohio area |
Michelle is very knowledgeable she nailed my diagnosis with out an MRI MRI matched her diagnosis exactly her staff was awesome the surgery was expedited very quickly all around it was as good of an experience as it possibly could have been
in Cincinnati, OH |
I feel very comfortable recommending Dr. Michelle Andrews to anyone that is looking for a reliable and conscientious Orthopedic Surgeon. Three years ago, Dr. Andrews did a TKR on my left knee. Less than seven months later I was able to travel and walk around London & Paris. My left knee was then "my good knee." In December, I had a TKR on my right knee; thanks to Dr. Andrews competence, knowledge, and expertise " I have two good knees".
in West Chester, OH |
Dr Andrews did surgery on my knee. I highly recommend her. She is extremely skilled and very personable. She fully explained what she would be doing and why. I felt very comfortable with her and it was easy to ask questions. I also saw her PA, Jessica Pykosz, who was excellent. The office is run very well, very efficiently and friendly. This is a superior practice and doctor.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Andrews did total knee replacements in both my knees. I cannot say enough about her expertise and care. I always had complete confidence is Dr. Andrews. Both surgeries went extremely well. Dr. Andrews made sure I understood what would happen each step along the way. I would always return to her for any future problems and have recommended her to several of my family and friends
in Maineville |
Dr. Andrews was completely open and honest with me about what to expect from knee replacement,she did not sugar coat anything. That being said, she was encouraging and positive about my results. She literally gave me back an active lifestyle! Also, her staff are genuinely helpful and caring people. I have recommended her to friends and know they too can expect great results while under her care.
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
Dr. Andrews was very caring and compassionate. She took the time to answer any questions and always put my concerns first. I never felt that she was rushing me into a surgery.
in Batavia, OH |
I have been a long time pt of Dr. Andrews and just love her to death. She is always friendly and joyful when she walks into the treatment room. She spends the time needed to make each patient feel they have her undivided attention.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I had been suffering with knee pain for five years when I finally saw Dr. Andrews. She did a thorough examination and quickly determined I had a torn meniscus. I had surgery upon her recommendation. My scars are very small and recovery was easier than I expected. I think she is an excellent doctor and would absolutely recommend her.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I have been seeing Dr. Andrews for quite a few years, and just recently had my knee replaced by her. I am very happy with my results so far and I am getting back to working out and doing things I haven't been able to do in years. Dr. Andrews takes the time to listen to you and your concerns and takes them into consideration when deciding on treatment options.
in New Richmond, OH |
Dr Andrews took the time to explain all of my test results, and made sure that I understood exactly what my injury was and the treatment plan would be. I would recommend her to any of my friends or family.
in West Harrison, IN |
I have been visiting Dr. Andrews for 22 years. She has done 2 Meniscus,1 ACL,and 2 Total Knee replacements. I trust her skill with 100% pure satisfaction. I would highly recommend her and her staff. You do not go back to a doctor you're dissatisfied with, so as you can see by all the surgeries I have trusted her with, I am very satisfied and will continue going to her. Dr. Andrews has always been straight forward with me and I appreciate her "bedside" manner. Don't hesitate to call her!
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Andrews is a caring and concerned doctor. She takes time to explain your situation and encourages you to ask questions. She puts you at ease and goes through all the phases of your treatment in terms that are easy to understand
in West Chester, OH |
She was recommended by my PCP for shoulder problem. I liked her approach for treatment, starting with physical therapy, then MRI and ultimate rotator cuff surgery.
in Ciincinnati, Ohio |
Dr. Andrews is honest, caring, kind, AND extremely talented as a physician and surgeon. My family physician sent me to her because my right knee was in need of further examination and care. As a result, Dr. Andrews performed arthroscopic repair of the right and left meniscus, of that knee in June, 2016. She is a 100% believer in the use of physical therapy, ongoing exercise, ICE, and daily consuming of tart cherry juice. She does NOT believe in overmedicating.
in Cincinnati, OH |
After putting this knee surgery off many times I am very happy that I had Dr. Andrews take care of me. She said beforehand that if I did all that she asked that I would be fine. After the first few weeks of being a little bit uncomfortable things got better each week. Physical therapy is so very important. I am now pain free with just a little stiffness once in a while. Once I get up and start moving the stiffness goes away.
in West Chester, OH |
She has replaced both of my knees. In both cases, recovery required less time than predicted and the results were outstanding. I play tennis, bicycle, and hike with no restrictions.
in middletown, OH |
I highly recommend Doctor Andrews she replaced my right knee September of 2013. I set a goal to be playing golf in March of 2014 and I achieved this goal. she sets a plan for you before surgery and explains everything in detail as well as using art. She actually talks to you and genuinely cares.
in Hamilton, OH |
I recommend Dr. A very highly. I had my first total knee replacement 3 years ago . The surgery and recovery was uneventful with very successful outcome. I am in the early stages of recovery with my second knee replacement. So far, 3 wks post op, is going better than before. Dr. Andrews is a skilled surgeon.
in cincinnati, OH |
A competent dr who is very patient oriented---listens to your questions and concerns, gives clear answers, remains warm and communicative. I would recommend her without hesitation to anyone having knee problems.
Cincinnati, OH |
I had my knee surgery with Dr. Andrews about 12 weeks ago and it went great from beginning to end. Dr. Andrews listens well when you first meet her to diagnose the problem and then fully goes over treatment options with you, until you agree on what the right course of action is for your situation. My recovery went better than most and I am very satisfied with the results and the experience. It took a while to get the initial appointment but after that scheduling was easy.
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
Dr. Andrews made me feel very comfortable about my knee surgery. She answered all my questions and made sure I knew what to expect. She explained how necessary doing all the exercises and therapy. I would and have recommend her to anyone considering knee surgery.
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Andrews has a calm demeanor and will answer any questions you might have. She is always prepared for your appointment and is 100% engaged during your time together-very encouraging. I was very well satisfied with my experience with her and her wonderful office staff and her interactions with me before surgery. After the surgery-reporting to my family member that accompanied me-she was also pleasant and informative. She has helped me with knee and shoulder issues.
in Glendale, OH |
Came in to get a pain in my left shoulder checked out. Turns out I had a partially torn rotator. . Michelle suggested I get a shot and meds and started PH first before considering an operation. After several months of PH with a tremendous gal Sharon the pain is gone.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I have had a positive relationship with Dr. Andrews for 15 years. She is an exceptional surgeon and a caring physician. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone needing an orthopedic surgeon.
in Loveland, Ohio |
I highly recommend Dr Andrews and the care/treatment she provides. She educated and guided me through the process of a total left knee replacement. Dr Andrews and her team are extremely concerned with your total health care and I am so pleased to have my physically active lifestyle back again!
in Hamilton, OH |
Dr. Andrews is a very caring Dr. who takes the time to listen to your needs. She explains everything to you and also draws it on paper. I am so happy I have her as mt Dr.
Cincinnati, OH |
Was able to get an appointment sooner than expected. Was interested in my concerns about surgery.
in Butler, KY |
Dr. Andrews repaired my rotary cuff and a tendon in my arm. She provided detailed information about the surgery, the pain associated with the procedure, her treatment plan, the requirements for physical therapy and the length and expectations for the healing process before and throughout the process. She is compassion and dedicated to her patients. Her credentials are outstanding but the care she provided exceeded my expectations. I would recommend her to anyone who needs orthopedic services
in Loveland, OH |
Excellent patient/doctor relationship. Very caring
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Andrews is the best Orthopaedic Surgeon/ Doctor in the Region and most probably one of the best in the U.S. I have been her patient for 20 years and have nothing but great things to say about her. She has done my last 4 knee surgeries and a shoulder surgery. The outcome on all of them were excellent. Her bedside manner is always cheery and professional. I would highly recommend her!
in Pille |
I have been a patient of Dr Andrews for about 15 years. She has performed two surgeries on me and I have been very satisfied. I find she and her staff to be very compassionate and I have full trust in her abilities. I will continue using her as my orthopedic surgeon and highly recommend her to others.
Have you seen Dr. Michelle Andrews, MD?
Are you Dr. Andrews?

Compare Dr. Andrews

Dr. Andrews' Care Philosophy

Dr. Andrews says...

Dr Andrews is a Yale-trained, Board Certified, orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in knee and shoulder problems. She has completed a Sports Medicine fellowship. Dr Andrews has been on the Johns Hopkins faculty and a team physician for the Baltimore Orioles.

Examples of her expertise:Arthroscopy, knee problems, meniscus and ligament reconstructions

Arthroscopy, shoulder problems, impingement, rotator cuff tendinitis and tears

Total knee replacements

Sports Medicine injuries: including the older athlete (Baby Boomers) and the female athlete.

Dr. Andrews' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Andrews has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Andrews' Board Certifications

• Baker’s Cyst
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Gout
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Sports Injuries
  • Sports Injuries of the Knee
  • Subacromial Bursitis
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Traumatic Arthropathy

Cincinnati Sports Med

Completed in 1992

University Of Massachusetts-Amherst

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Andrews does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Andrews and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery