Dr. Michelle E. Akler, MD

Dr. Michelle E. Akler, MD

Ophthalmology | Female | 46 years old

At the Akler Eye Center our goal is to provide modern high-quality ophthalmic medical and surgical care that will exceed our patients expectations. Our philosophy is that the best care can only be attained by providing individual attention to our patients needs.Read more

Dr. Akler's Experience

See how Dr. Akler's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Akler

Dr. Akler accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Akler has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Akler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Akler to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Akler
Dr. Akler's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (48)
in Garden City, MI |
I recently had cataract surgery performed on both eyes by Dr. Akler. The results are phenomenal. I had monovision done that matched my monovision contacts. I am able to see clearly at both distance and up close. It's unbelievable. I can see dirt in my house now I couldn't see before. :-) The office visits were great, the office staff were all very nice and explained options clearly. My experience at the surgery center was equally pleasant; nice people and the schedule was like clockwork.
Waterford, MI |
I was very nervous to get lasik done but dr. Anklet and her staff were very comforting and understanding. They also made the procedure quick and painless!
in Detroit, MI |
My experience with Dr Akler and her staff has been awesome! Respectful, courteous, professional, and personable -- every one of them, even at the out-patient center where the surgery is performed. As a patient who does not like dealing with medical professionals in general, my recommendation does not come lightly. However, I highly recommend Akler Eye Center! They have truly earned all five stars.
in Chesterfield, MI |
I CAN SEE! I had LASIK on April 6th 2016. The procedure was so quick and painless, it was 10 minutes TOPS for both eyes combined. Driving to my post op appointment the next day was so fun to be able to read signs without having glasses on! I was 20/20 the next day! At my month check up I was 20/15! Even better! It is seriously the best thing I've ever done. Dr. Akler and her staff are absolutely AMAZING, I can not say enough good things about them. They were very helpful with all my questions.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
I can now see! I had a contact prescription of -4.5 and now have 20/15 vision! I am so happy that I decided to get LASIK and have Dr. Akler perform the surgery. The procedure was quick and painless and Dr. Akler was very kind and patient with all my questions before and after the surgery. Her office staff are extremely friendly and helpful as well!
in Wayne, MI |
I searched for quite a while before I found Akler Eye Center. I read multiple reviews and decided this was the place I would go for my Lasik treatment. I called and set up an appointment, and they were able to get me in very quickly. I was surprised that I got to meet with her at my consultation. Afterwards, my surgery was set for only two weeks away! I was pleasantly surprised. Going in for the surgery I was nervous, but they put my mind at ease and talked me through the whole thing. So great!
in Detroit |
Highly recommend!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much! I am very pleased and satisfied with the choice of you being the doctor for the LASIK operation! Will be congratulating you later on today for my post op follow up. I will go back to resting my eye's now. Smh.... It was all worth it.????
in Grosse Ile, MI |
After doing hours of research online, I decided to have the procedure done through the Akler Eye Center.I was able to drive to her office this morning, after having my second cataract removed yesterday, and my vision was remarkable! I upgraded to the laser surgery and Crystalens implant. My results have been life-changing. I am now able to see my phone, computer or read road signs while driving. One day post-op, I am extremely happy with my decision to rely on Dr. Akler?s skill and expertise.
in Lathrup Village, MI |
Choosing Dr. Akler for LASIK eye surgery was definitely one of the BEST DECISIONS I EVER MADE IN MY LIFE!!! The day of the surgery, her staff was very nice, friendly and made me feel relax. During the surgery, Dr. Akler warmly and calmly talked me through as she preformed the procedure. It was COMPLETELY painless, simple and very fast!!! I could not believe it only took about 8-10 minutes!! I'm so glad I finally mustard up some courage and made one of the best decisions in my life!!!
Have you seen Dr. Michelle E. Akler, MD?
Are you Dr. Akler?

Dr. Akler's Care Philosophy

Dr. Akler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Akler has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Akler's Board Certifications

• Cataract, Posterior Polar, 5
  • Cataract, Total Congenital
  • Cataract, Zonular
  • Chalazion
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Congenital Glaucoma
  • Diabetes-Like Retinal Edema
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

McMaster University Ontario

Completed in 1996

University Of Colorado Hospital

Completed in 1999

Dr. Akler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Akler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Pterygium Surgery
  • Ptosis (Eyelids) Surgery
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.