Dr. Michelle Akler, MD

Ophthalmology ·  Female · Age 49

Dr. Akler

Akler Eye Center

2841 Monroe St Ste 1 Dearborn, MI 48124

Dr. Michelle Akler, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Dearborn, MI and has been practicing for 20 years. She graduated from University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine in 1994 and specializes in ophthalmology.

Dr. Akler accepts

Dr. Akler accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health
Coventry Health Care
Principal Financial Group

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check Dr. Akler's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Diabetes-Like Blepharitis
  • Diabetes-Like Retinal Edema
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Eyes
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Ulcer
  • Visual Field Defects
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

At the Akler Eye Center our goal is to provide modern high-quality ophthalmic medical and surgical care that will exceed our patients expectations. Our philosophy is that the best care can only be attained by providing individual attention to our patients needs.

• Ophthalmology

University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine
1999
1996
1994

• Dr. Akler was named one of LaserVisions top 5 surgeons in the United States for achieving excellence in refractive surgery.,

Dr. Akler's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Akler

Dr. Akler?
Dr. Akler's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michelle Akler, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr Akler is the consummate professional. She explained the cataract surgery procedures to me with great detail. Her office staff is exceptional and second to none ! The day of the surgery I was so nervous, but Dr. Akler calmed me down. I can't say enough about her, her staff, or the staff at the Southgate Surgery Center. Thanks again to so many outstanding people and a special shout out to Dr. Akler, you are fantastic !! I will having my other eye done soon, and that will be Dr. Akler, for sure!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
Dr Akler performed cataract surgery on both my eyes in October and corrected my stigmatisms. I can now read, do needlework and play the piano without bifocals. The whole staff takes good care of their patients and answers any questions. I'll continue to go to Akler Eye Center for check-ups, and recommend them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
Recently, I had Lasik surgery by Dr. Akler and her team. The whole experience could not have been better. Her professionalism and bedside manners were the main reasons I decided to have the surgery. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Akler and her team for any type of eyecare issues. Honestly, she was by far one of best doctors I have ever dealt with. During the surgery she made me feel at ease and I had no concern about her abilities to perform my Lasik. I would do it all over again!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
My mother went to Dr. Akler for Lasik last month and had a positive experience with her Lasik. So happy I went here for Lasik.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
Dr. Akler and her staff were all friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. The consultation, scheduling, and actual procedure went smoothly. I am very pleased with the results and highly recommend to anyone interested in getting Lasik surgery to improve their vision.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
Dr. Akler and her staff are amazing! They are very professional and caring. Everything was explained in detail and they were able to answer all of my questions. I am usually very sensitive about my eyes but the LASIK procedure was very quick and painless. Before I had trouble viewing from a distance to a point where I could be legally blind.I now have 20/20! I just wish I had done this sooner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
My sister and I did lots of research before choosing Dr. Akler for Lasik, and it was WELL worth it. From the friendly staff who are always available, to giving you appointments that are convenient for you, to the pricing and options for Lasik- I would absolutely recommend! Dr. Akler is so sweet, warm, and welcoming. She was very personable and made me feel comfortable. If I had to do it again, I would choose Dr. Akler, hands down!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
After during my research I went to Dr. Akler for my lasik eye surgery. She and her staff answered my questions and made me feel at ease. I was able to get an appointment within 2 weeks to have the surgery. During my procedure Dr. Akler talked me through the process which was very helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Akler!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Akler to anyone needing any eye surgery. She is a wonderful, caring doctor. She takes her time explaining things to you and answers all your questions. Her staff is very knowledgeable about all the procedures, and are very friendly
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
Excellent doctor! Dr. Akler performed Lasik surgery for me in 2004 and did a great job so when I needed cataract surgery, I went back. Very pleased with the complete experience. I would highly recommend Dr. Michelle Akler to anyone requesting information or problems regarding their eyesight. Assistant Roxanna was also very professional and comforting during the process.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
Excellent Dr., efficiently run office (thank you Roxanne)! Five stars !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
Dr. Akler and her staff were very professional, personal, and caring. All options and procedures were explained to me in detail. Recommendations were made for my care according to my preferences. I am very happy with the outcome and will go back if and when the needs arises.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
A VERY great experience with Dr. AKler and ALL her Staff . Thank you . A very caring group !!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
Had an amazing experience with Dr. Akler and her staff. She was very straightforward with all the options and her recommendations and I really appreciate that in a doctor. The results turned out amazing and the staff has been absolutely wonderful about keeping up with me to see how things are going. I shopped around a few other places and pricing was pretty much inline from what I heard everywhere else. I would highly recommend you get your free consultation and have a conversation with Dr.Akler
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
I was very fearful about cataract surgery but the Dr and her staff answered every question and I felt confident in choosing the best cataract replacement lens for my eyes. I am completely satisfied with my treatment and the outcome is amazing ! My new vision is 20/25 both eyes. Thank you to Dr. Akler !!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
Dr. Akler is a very experience doctor, she is a very professional and knows her stuff very well. I got my lasik surgery done in Nov 2017. I'm very glad that I found her, my experience with lasik was great. I couldn't be more happier. I would highly recommend Dr. Akler. Staff is very nice, they make you feel like that they care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
I would definitely recommend Dr. Akler. My experience was really great. I needed an eye exam and I thought I needed some laser surgery on my left eye. She confirmed that I did need the laser surgery and performed it that very day since my eye was already dilated from the exam. Both Dr. Akler and her staff explained thoroughly what would happen during the surgery and made sure I was at ease. They also verified my insurance would cover. Everyone was pleasant and professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
Dr Akler & staff are very friendly. Dr Akler is a great surgeon. Great place to go for Lasik or any of your eye needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
Dr.Akler performed my lasik surgery two weeks ago and I couldn't be more happy with the results. She and her team were thorough and helpful. They made me feel comfortable and the entire process went seamlessly. Post op care and follow ups have been just as good. Would highly recommend Dr Akler to anyone looking for LASIK or ophthalmologist!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michelle Akler, MD?
I recently got LASIK from Dr. Akler and am amazed at the results and the overall experience! The consultation was easy and very informative. The staff is very friendly and put me at ease about the procedure, answering all the questions I had. The procedure itself felt like it only took about ten minutes. Dr Akler and her staff talked to me the entire time, which helped me relax. My vision is amazing now, and I'm so glad I went through with LASIK!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Akler?