Dr. Michele Shermak, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryFemaleAge 55

Dr. Shermak

Michele A. Shermak, MD

1304 Bellona Ave Lutherville, MD 21093

Dr. Michele Shermak, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Lutherville, MD and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine medical school in 1992. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Greater Baltimore Medical Center and Northwest Hospital Center. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Shermak to book an appointment.

Dr. Shermak's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shermak

3.8

67.74193548387096%

Dr. Shermak

On the morning of my mastectomy, Dr. Shermak tried pressuring me to change my mind to do immediate reconstruction. It was very upsetting when I was already extremely anxious and emotional. No surgeon should pressure a patient into anything right before their surgery!! 1 week post-op, I emailed her that I had a “clenching” type pain that would stop me in my tracks. Dr. Shermak had the audacity to email back that I should take the benzo and pain pills she prescribed and she’d see me on Monday when she retuned from traveling. She said thousands of women had survived mastectomies, just as I would, and to take the pills, go outside and get some fresh air! I would not return to her for care after this!! I ended up in the ER with chills, fever 103.5, BP of 60/40 and going into septic shock from a Staph infection!! She treated me with such disregard, like some crazy patient! Hospitalized for 4 nights-my expander & necrotic tissue removed. Had to start reconstruction all over! Almost died!!!!
Oct 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
I ended up not using Dr. Shermak even though my Breast surgeon said that her skills and the procedure she uses were amazing. I came away from my initial consultation feeling devalued and that my questions were shut down. That's when I looked up her reviews and saw that this wasn't just an 'off day' but to be expected, even if not always. I am very happy with the surgeon I ended up with, even if the procedure was not as advanced. I appreciated hearing from others and hope my words can help someone decide what they want to do.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Sep 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
I agree with some of the comments below. If the outcome is good she is very friendly but when your not happy with something the mood definitely changes. I has a neck lift and was not happy. So had it redone and it’s still awful. Not one compliment on her work. Breast reduction went well but one got infected and had issues with it. Have terrible scars. You can tell if they are not happy with the outcome because their are no photos taken when done! I do not recommend
Aug 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
After reading many of these reviews, I was so scared to have Dr Shermak as my reconstructive surgeon in conjunction with my bilateral mastectomy. However, my breast surgeon insisted that she was the only one with whom he would work. I felt manipulated to use her and very conflicted. However my results were great! She performed two nipple sparing reconstructions and I did not have any post operative infections. These were my two biggest concerns. I was so happy. I must admit that I agree with what others say that she can be moody, dismissive, and was not compassionate with my post op pain. She made me feel like it was not appropriate to need more pain medication but I was experiencing a lot of nerve pain post op. Overall her surgical skills were great. I need touch up surgery but am happy overall. She is not warm and fuzzy at all. I think as a breast cancer patient, I needed more compassion emotionally. I would recommend her for her skills, but not for her bedside manner.
May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
Outstanding, She was very kind understanding, she answered all of our questions she was there to support and encourage My daughter. My daughter was her youngest patient and her first African-American patient but she did a wonderful wonderful job!!! I have recommended her to everyone at work. I work in the healthcare, One of the best doctor patient Relationships I’ve ever seen .
Joanie ONeal – Apr 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
Dr Shermak was the plastic surgeon recommended by my breast cancer surgeon. I should have gotten a second opinion. The end result is not attractive and in every meeting with her since she has been very dismissive with all of my questions and concerns. After consulting another plastic surgeon, I now know that she did a poor job with my reconstruction. Although it is common to need a follow up surgery, my results are still bad. The new surgeon has taken the time to answer all of my questions and explain what to expect moving forward. Do not go to Dr Shermak!
Jan 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
If you are a breast cancer patient who needs reconstruction, do NOT go to Dr. Shermak, even if she is recommended by your breast surgeon. She does not provide you with any information and gets annoyed if you ask questions. You will get a curt answer and attitude. Acted like the considerable complications I experienced were my fault. She treats her cosmetic patients very nicely (I’ve heard her), that is clearly where her interest lies.
Baltimore, MD – Jun 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
Very passionate about her field and herself. Did a decent job on my surgery, but I did have complications and those who have stated that she cannot take blame and has bad bedside manner are accurate. She is a good doctor but her attitude is lacking. No sympathy, rushes through appointments, doesn’t explain anything to you in detail- just expects you to know. Her mood changes depending on how your results are looking when you see - if good, she’s good; of bad or you question anything, mood shifts to blame placing and defense, versus the supportive and helpful attitude a patient needs. Not sure I would go to her again, simply based on that. Maybe another doctor in her practice.
May 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
Dr. Shermak is amazing!! Her surgical skills are best of the best (Hopkins trained) and her bedside manner is laid back and comforting- like having a girlfriend take care of you! I am 6 days post op after having a tummy tuck and lipo and I can’t even believe how amazing I look!!! And that’s with swelling and drains!!! Highly recommended!!!!
Amy in Towson, MD – Dec 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
I had a minor surgical procedure with Dr. Shermak. She was able to fit me into her schedule very quickly. She has a very good bedside manner as well as a kind and attentive personality. She listened to all of my questions and concerns and answered them all thoroughly. I am so happy with my results. Highly Recomended!
Carson Ford in Baltimore, MD – Jun 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
It would be immoral for me to recommend any other plastic surgeon over Dr. Shermak. She's the best in the biz and has been super helpful with any questions I have had. Highly recommend!
Baltimore – May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
Dr. Shermak had angry outbursts during the day of my surgery and at follow ups. My liposuction results are terrible. I have dents, lumps, sagging and wrinkled skin. She is one of the most unprofessional doctors I have ever seen, I filed a complaint with the Medical Board.
Dec 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
Worse experience of my life! Worse then finding out that I had breast Cancer.Horrible!!!! She is a bipolar ! I was used as a guinea pig. I was butchered! I went to different surgeon and what a difference !! There is no reason to be bullied by her, her lack of professionalism and terrible bedside manner. The outcome is the same, terrible!! She acts like she is entitled !! Stay far away if you care about how you look.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Washington, DC – May 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
She has no bedside manner ,rude and thinks she is God .she messes up allots,but will never admit it and will blame it on you.stay far away!!!
Mount Vernon, NY – Jan 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
I had a previous surgery that just did not heal properly. My experience with Dr. Shermak has been nothing short of stellar. I was one of those patients who seemed to have a problem with each step we took. Dr. Shermak answered all my questions either in person, on the phone or via email. She calmed me down and reassured me when I thought there was no hope. Her patience with me was impressive. The staff were accommodating, helpful and caring. Best decision I ever made!
Kelly in Bel Air , MD – Dec 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
Dr. Shermak was so helpful and answered any questions I had in office or over email and my results were exactly what I wanted. The office was beautifully kept and the staff was so friendly! Best decisions I've ever made!
Amanda H in Ellicott City, MD – Dec 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
Difficult case going in. Super satisfied with procedure. Dr. Shermak was with me all the way!
StaceyAP in Baltimore, MD – Oct 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
Dr. Shermack sincerely cares about her patients. I have been a patient since November 2013, when first diagnosed with breast cancer. She take great pride in her work, yet puts the patient's needs first. I recently had my last breast reconstruction surgery and am doing very well. I know it sounds crazy, but I will miss visiting her office and staff- it is always a pleasant experieince and has been a big part of the last 2 1/2 years. Amy Grimes April 2016
Amy Grimes in Parkville, MD – Apr 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
I went to Dr. Michele Shermak for a tummy tuck, muscle repair and liposuction. I am 58 and had lost 178 pounds and had a lot of extra skin. The results were stunning. I had no idea I would be able to get a flat stomach and curvy sides! She is a skilled surgeon, but also attentive and open during office visits - but the most astounding thing was her responsiveness to emails when I had any questions. I highly recommend her.
Linthicum Heights, MD – Apr 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?
Dr. Shermak is a wonderful surgeon who is very dedicated to her patients. She is so easy to talk to and very friendly. One of my follow up appointments was after a terrible snow storm. Her street had not been plowed for days. She walked through the snow to get to a main street, to catch a cab, to come into the office to see me! I absolutely love her!
Marcie Z in Cockeysville, MD – Apr 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michele Shermak, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shermak?
Provider explaining information to patient