Dr. Michele C. Reed, DO

Dr. Michele C. Reed, DO

Family Medicine | Female | 48 years old

As a memeber of the American Academy of Family Physicians I share in the vission to transform health care to achieve optimal health for everyone, as well as its mission to improve the health of patients, families and communities by serving the needs of members with professionalism and creativity.Read more

Dr. Reed's Experience

See how Dr. Reed's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Reed

Dr. Reed accepts 23 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Reed has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Reed
Dr. Reed's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (35)
in Valley Stream |
I saw Dr. Reed for the first time this month. I did my research and selected her from various physicians in my area. She was extremely personable and I could instantly see she has a command over her profession and knowledge-base. My first impression was that she cares about the "whole patient" which is what I was looking for in a DO. Bedside manner was great, we spoke about life topics regarding my family, and she even recommended ways for me to improve my fitness. I think I've found my new dr.
in Uninondale, NY |
Don't come to this practice! You'll never receive your results! When you call you'll wait over 20 min to speak to someone! Every visit is a copay! Even for results of blood work! Dr. Reed came in sick..I was her first appointment.. I waited 45 minutes for her to come in. She gave me attitude after I waited another 30 min to see her after she see saw 3 other patients first?! I was told I had her first appt slot!!! Still no results. I smell a law suit coming, can you say negligence? Malpractice?
in Uniondale, New York |
Terrible. Awful.. Fed-up... I work for physicians... All the doctors I work for treat the patients like GOLD. Well, my experience with Dr. Reed is something I will never forget. I waited an hour for Dr. Reed to come in. I was the first appointment... Once she finally came in I still had to wait 30 minutes to see her. When her majesty finally came in the room to see me.. She was obviously sick and had the audacity to have an attitude (eye-rolling; teeth sucking) as though I did something to her?!
in Rosedale, NY |
I took my 12 year old daughter as a self-pay walk-in because her regular pediatrician was closed that particular day. First of all the receptionist does not have an ounce of patient friendly skills in her body. After paying $150 for this visit, the P.A. asked for family medical history questions, checked my daughter's breathing, and looked at her throat. She was diagnosed with allergies and told to treat it with over the counter meds. Needless to say her cough is worse 3 days later.
in Brooklyn,NY |
Considering I was only allowed to see Dr. Reed only once in the last 2 years, every other time I was given an appointment with the PA. I would not have minded this had I been told up front that I would not be seen by her. My recently experience with one of the PAs there was horrible. I assumed that he would have looked at my chart being that he was seeing me. He prescribes me a HBP med that he felt would be better with control. I tell him I am allergic to ACE inh. he gives me just that. NO GOOD
Horrible wait every time I go see Dr reed. Staff is lazy.. I use the large cuff for my bp.. The girl didn't feel like getting it so she took my bp on my FORE ARM!..I was there for a bp check up. The PA is horrible.. She suggested I might have lupus.. When Iwent to the specialists for it..after weeks of worrying.. THe specialist said there was nothing in my blood work that would indicate that..I don't know why she would suggest that.. W/O the doc seeing the blood work at all.. Very unprofessiona
Wait time is sad..have waited over 2-3 hours for Dr reed.. Dr walker runs much more on time..they always try to force the PA on you.take u into the room.. Then wait another 25 min.. And when the doc does come in she always sends you out to a specialist.. No matter what I go for.. She rushes me off to someone else.. Like its a emergency.. An earache.. A rash on my hand..my bp meds..I've been laughed at in the other doc office.. They ask me.. This is the emercncy??.. Find a doc who will diag u..
Dr.Reed office has very unprofessional staff. When you call they never answer, you have to call the garden city office to get the Rosedale office. When they do answer your on hold for 20 to 30min. My son had 102 fever and I was told he couldn't be seen until dr.reed come in cause they only had a paa on staff. Then I was told he only could be seen at 5pm that day, and he had a 102 fever . That's diff not an office for kids. Worst service ever!!! But they make sure and get the co-payment ...
Dr. Reed is a gold digger. She cares more about money than her patients. If you have a question about your prescription, you need to pay and be seen at the office. If you want results from blood test, you need to pay. The doctor has an obligation to inform her patients if something is wrong or everything is good. I should not be charged for a quick, less than 1 minute, feedback that the report came back all normal.The wait time is also ridiculously long to speak to the representative on the phon
Have you seen Dr. Michele C. Reed, DO?
Are you Dr. Reed?

Compare Dr. Reed

Dr. Reed's Care Philosophy

Dr. Reed's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Reed has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Reed's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

Dr. Reed does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Reed and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine, New York Institute Of Technology

Graduated in 1997

Jamaica Hospital Medical Center

Completed in 2000

State University Of New York / Health Science Center At Stony Brook

Graduated in 1990

• Other Education
    Chief Resident, Family Practice and Community Medicine Program From Mount Sinai School Of Medicine At Jhmc

Completed in 2000

Dr. Reed does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Reed and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Reed does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Reed and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.