Dr. Michel Velez, MD

Dr. Michel Velez, MD

Hematology & Oncology  |

Dr. Michel Velez, MD is a hematology & oncology doctor who practices in Hollywood, FL. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Velez is affiliated with Memorial Regional Hospital and Memorial Hospital West.

Memorial Cancer Institute

1150 N 35th Ave Ste 170

Hollywood, FL 33021

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Velez

Video

Dr. Velez's Experience

Dr. Velez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Hematology & Oncology

• Hematology & Oncology
  • Breast Oncology

Dr. Velez does not have any board certifications listed.

• Breast Cancer

• University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • University Of Miami Miller
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Velez has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Velez has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Velez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Velez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Velez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Velez to family and friends
Dr. Velez's Performance
Hollywood, FL |
Dr Velez has been a large part of the reason I am still here on earth enjoying each day. Dr Velez is professional, compassionate, aggressive and knowledgeable of new treatments. He uses all resources available. I would recommend my family to Dr Velez. I feel he is treating me like one of his family members and I know he is doing everything there is to help me through cancer treatment.
in Miami fl |
This is the best doctor I have every had he is very patient with you and he know his job I wouldn't trade him for any other doctor number one man
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Velez is so nice. He answered all of my questions and never made me feel rushed through. He is very knowledgeable. He gave me a LOT of information about my type of breast cancer and presented me with a lot of options. He is willing to work with me if an option doesn't work for me to try another one. He offered genetic testing on the tumor and for family genetics (brca), which I did. I would definitely recommend him. Memorial is a great place to go for a diagnosis of cancer and so supportive.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Velez is a very intelligent, compassionate physician. I have breast cancer, stage 4, and have been on chemotherapy for 13 years; consequently have had experience with many physicians. Dr. Velez is always prepared and up-to-date on my case and always answers any questions I have without ever making me feel ignorant or rushed. He is also very current and encouraging on alternative therapies should my disease progress. I have every confidence in him and feel privileged to have him as my doctor.
in hollywood, fl |
very nice, very professional, and very assuring of his findings
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Words cannot express the admiration I have for Dr. Velez. After being diagnosed with breast cancer, there is no greater gift than to be under his care. Dr. Velez has genuinely devoted his life to treating and curing breast cancer, and the medical profession is a better place because of him. After enduring 12 rounds of chemotherapy (with only 4 more to go!), I have had very few side effects because of his advanced knowledge. Dr. Velez has become my benchmark for greatness. HE. IS. MY. HERO.
in Wilton Manors, FL |
Dr. Velez consistently provides comprehensive & compassionate care. He accurately determined blood clots I experienced were the result of genetics. He saved me time & expense, by having my blood drawn at a routine visit so that the hematologist I was scheduled to see would have the results before the initial visit. Dr. Velez never fails to do hands on care, to inquire about any concerns, and to check and explain test results. As an RN for 50 years I have been very impressed by his care.
in Miami, FL |
I was beyond impressed with my experience at this doctor?s office. My first contact with Dr.Velez left me completely blown away by how helpful and kind he was and how fast he was at getting back to me! A lot of doctors don?t realize how imortant this is. The next appointment ran on time, Dr Velez was really knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable throughout the appointment! If you are looking for a doctor who is really knowledgeable and caring, then you should consider visiting Dr. Velez
Boynton Beach, FL |
Dr. Velez was my mother's oncologist for one year. During examinations,he often sat behind a computer and discussed her medical treatment in a complex manner.He was hesitant to perform physical exams unless we requested it.He and his staff were extremely disorganized. On many occasions he did not call in or refill medication, he did not address critical issues affecting her blood and missed important labs. My mother went into hospice and passed away. Dr. Velez did not care enough to call.
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Velez treated my mother in law. He was an excellent physician with awesome bedside manners. He is also a great diagnostic expert. My mother in law had been misdiagnosed and given two months to live. Four years later, my mother in law is still around and very healthy.
Have you seen Dr. Michel Velez, MD?
Are you Dr. Velez?