Dr. Michael Fayad, MD

Dr. Michael Fayad, MD

Pediatric Neurology | Male

Boston Children's Hospital 300 Longwood Ave Fl 11 Boston, MA 02115 Get Directions

Philosophy of care: I believe that the medical team (physicians/nurses) and the patients/parents are partners in promoting health, and preventing and treating diseases. The former bring their medical knowledge and technical expertise and the latter bring their beliefs and hopes, and they should work together, while respecting each other's ideas, and accepting suggestions and advice.

Why I entered medicine: As a child, I used to volunteer to help my mother who was in charge of medical and social services at the Lebanese Red Cross. As a teen, I was a first aid rescuer with the same organization during the civil war in Lebanon, and was involved in a field hospital established by the ICRC. I did not think twice when it was time for me to choose a career.

After completing my training in 1992, I was part of the Department of Pediatrics at the American University of Beirut Medical Center until 2000. I had a busy clinical and teaching load in the outpatient clinic, inpatient consultations, inpatient service, and reading EEGs. I had the opportunity to start a few research projects, with the Microbiology Department investigating the organisms causing chronic otitis media and meningitis or encephalitis in our Hospital, and with colleagues from Neurology and other departments on new approaches to therapy and unusual complications of antiepileptic drugs. Since joining Boston Children's Hospital, my clinical work includes teaching residents in the outpatient clinic and on the inpatient and consultation services during my rotations there. I also see my patients on my own in my office on Fegan 11. A few years ago, we started the NOW (Neurologist of the Week) clinic, which is an urgent clinic where I see with a Nurse Practitioner children referred by primary care or emergency room physicians. I see General Neurology patients, but have a special interest in Headache and Head Injury. I see many international patients.

Dr. Fayad's Experience

See how Dr. Fayad's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fayad

Dr. Fayad accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Fayad has admitting privileges.

Dr. Fayad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fayad to family and friends
based on 5 total surveys
Dr. Fayad's Performance
Have you seen Dr. Michael Fayad, MD?
Are you Dr. Fayad?

Compare Dr. Fayad

Dr. Fayad says...

Dr. Fayad's Care Philosophy

Dr. Fayad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatric Neurology
    •  Board certified in Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology

Dr. Fayad has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Why It Matters: Dr. Fayad's Board Certifications

Emory University

Completed in 1992

• Arabic
    • French

Dr. Fayad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fayad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatric Neurology