Dr. Michael Fayad, MD

Dr. Michael Fayad, MD

Pediatric Neurology  |
Dr. Michael Fayad, MD is a pediatric neurology specialist in Boston, MA and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from American University Of Beirut in 1984 and specializes in pediatric neurology and pediatrics.Read his story

300 Longwood Ave

Boston, MA 02115

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Fayad

Dr. Fayad's Experience

Dr. Fayad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatric Neurology
  • Board certified in Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology

Dr. Fayad's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Fayad "After completing my training in 1992, I was part of the Department of Pediatrics at the American University of Beirut Medical Center until 2000. I had a busy clinical and teaching load in the outpatient clinic, inpatient consultations, inpatient service, and reading EEGs. I had the opportunity to start a few research projects, with the Microbiology Department investigating the organisms causing chronic otitis media and meningitis or encephalitis in our Hospital, and with colleagues from Neurology and other departments on new approaches to therapy and unusual complications of antiepileptic drugs. Since joining Boston Children's Hospital, my clinical work includes teaching residents in the outpatient clinic and on the inpatient and consultation services during my rotations there. I also see my patients on my own in my office on Fegan 11. A few years ago, we started the NOW (Neurologist of the Week) clinic, which is an urgent clinic where I see with a Nurse Practitioner children referred by primary care or emergency room physicians. I see General Neurology patients, but have a special interest in Headache and Head Injury. I see many international patients."

This content was provided by Dr. Fayad "Philosophy of care: I believe that the medical team (physicians/nurses) and the patients/parents are partners in promoting health, and preventing and treating diseases. The former bring their medical knowledge and technical expertise and the latter bring their beliefs and hopes, and they should work together, while respecting each other's ideas, and accepting suggestions and advice.

Why I entered medicine: As a child, I used to volunteer to help my mother who was in charge of medical and social services at the Lebanese Red Cross. As a teen, I was a first aid rescuer with the same organization during the civil war in Lebanon, and was involved in a field hospital established by the ICRC. I did not think twice when it was time for me to choose a career."

• Pediatric Neurology
  • Pediatrics

• Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Brain Injury
  • Pediatric Neurological Disorders

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• American University Of Beirut
  • St. Joseph's Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Emory University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Fayad has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic
  • French

Dr. Fayad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fayad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fayad's Reviews