Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD

General SurgeryMaleAge 71

Dr. Yaremchuk

Dr. Michael J. Yaremchuk

170 Commonwealth Ave Boston, MA 02116

Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Boston, MA and has over 46 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons medical school in 1976. He is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Yaremchuk to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more General Surgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Yaremchuk is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital Boston, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for general surgery.

• Practices at Top Hospital
    America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Surgery Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Yaremchuk's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Yaremchuk's Top Procedures and Conditions

Wound Repair

Dr. Yaremchuk performs Wound Repair more than 74% of his peers

Dr. Yaremchuk performs this procedure more than 74% of his peers

Dr. Yaremchuk performs Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer more than 28% of his peers

Dr. Yaremchuk performs this procedure more than 28% of his peers

• Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Liposuction
  • Mandibular Hypoplasia
  • Neck Lift
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Soft Tissue Tumor Removal
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Yaremchuk accepts

Dr. Yaremchuk accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Yaremchuk's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yaremchuk

3.7

Dr. Yaremchuk

Doctor Michael Yaremchuk knows what needs to be done! His education and talents are great and the results show! Don’t expect to see the final result a few days or a even week after, it takes time couple - few weeks is a realistic time. Dr. Michael Yaremchuk is a great Doctor, he presents great manners and is high in professionalism. If you are considering cosmetics Dr Y is located in the Boston Area I would give his office and staff a call. They’ll take care of you
J.T – Mar 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD?
I came in for a consultation looking for a facelift. I asked Dr Yaremchuk what his wish lift would be for me. He suggested a chin implant as well. I never would have considered both but couldn’t be happier that I did both. I look like me only better!! I love my results and couldn’t be happier.
Jan 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD?
Let this be a warning: Dr Yaremchuk left half my face partially paralyzed after getting infraorbital implants. I can no longer smile like I used to and have trouble closing my eyes. It has now been over a year and have seen little if any improvement past the first three months. (He also left a screw behind under my eye after removal of the implants).
Aug 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD?
World class surgeon!! I flew all the way from Australia to see Dr Yaremchuk requesting a full facial transformation Cheek/Chin/Jaw/Rhinoplasty and Midface Lift. I am now 6 months post op and must say the results are truly sensational. A full facial transformation is no easy task but Dr Yaremchuk went above and beyond and succeeded with flying colors. He truly is a master of his craft and one of the best plastic surgeons in the world! I look in the mirror now and I like what I see. Thank you for everything you have done for me Dr Y!
Aug 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD?
I recently had chin and jaw implants put in with Dr. Yaremchuk to fix a weak jawline and a receding chin. Now 3 weeks post surgery I am very happy with the results. The staff was phenomenal and the results are getting better every day!
Jan 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD?
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr Yaremchuk and his staff!! After breaking my nose for a second time this past winter and recently discovering that at the age of 53 that I now had my grandmothers earlobes, I decided I wanted to make a change. I spent a lot of time researching plastic surgeons. Upon meeting Dr Y I was immediately put at ease. I found him to be very knowledgeable , soft spoken and sincere. He simple asked what it was that I did not like about my nose. He then went over what he could do for me. I did consult a couple of other surgeons but none had the credentials or stellar reviews that Dr Yaremchuk has. When it came time for the surgery I decided to let Dr Y give me the nose that he thought would best fit my facial structure.I put my trust in his very capable hands. I am beyond thrilled with the outcome. My earlobes have been reduced to their original size and now my nose is very similar to that of my beautiful daughter. Thank you Dr Yaremchuk so very much!
Jeannine – Nov 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD?
Dr Yaremchuk is the best doctor in the world. He listens, he sees and then he fixes your challenges in a way that will exceed all expectations. I will forever be so grateful to Dr. Y.
Mar 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD?
Talented and ethical. Very gentle and never leaves a mark. Has your best interests in mind and you always have consistent results. Office staff are very friendly.
Nancy N. in Boston , MA – Nov 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD?
Dr. yaremchuk is a dedicated, thoughtful and highly skilled surgeon. I am delighted with his work and recommend him
Boston, MA – May 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD?
I came to Dr. Yaremchuk with facial deformities that were the result of poorly performed jaw surgery by another surgeon. It was my good fortune that he is a renowned expert in the area of masseter muscle re-insertion and chin ptosis/lip incompetence. He repositioned my bunched up masseters and stitched them in their proper places, and resuspended my mentalis muscles. He tied his skillful artwork together with a very natural-looking necklift and lower facelift. I am delighted with the results
Judith Vershum in Youngstown – Apr 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD?
I am a nurse worked in Boston for 20 years, did the appropriate research, I am one year after a facelift and lower eyelid surgery, I am sorry to report this was the worst decision of my life. My face is permanently disfigured with terrible scars and more wrinkles than I had before the facelift. ............................................................................................................................................................................................................
Seeking Revision Surgery in Boston MA – Nov 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD?
I did many procedures at a time wanting a large "overhaul" of my face: rhinoplasty, customized jaw/cheek/chin implants and cheek fat removal. The recovery was painful from so many however I had good care. The results are INCREDIBLE. I'm extremely happy with this surgeon and the care he gave me. He was also the only surgeon who was able to do it when other surgeons insisted that fat grafting or bone cutting was necessary--Yaremchuk was able to do it with customized implants.
Michael in Frederick, MD – Sep 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD?
Horrible surgery: facelift is unequal and incomplete, my face is perm scarred and now people star at me asking if I have been in a car accident. I am five months post surgery. He scarred me and now my eyes are dry all the time. Nightmare. ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Nightmare in Saugus, MA – Jan 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD?
I had custom facial implants with another surgeon and they just didn't come out right. After a revision and we still were not "on the same page" I got frustrated and saw Dr. Y. Everything came out beautifully and I wish I had just seen him in the first place and avoided this entire fiasco.
Erika in New York, NY – Dec 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD?
Botched facelift botched blepharoplasty left me disfigured looking worse than before the facelift massive dark scars on my face. Does not listen to the patient, forget everything that was previously discussed, incomplete procedures which I found out after the surgery. No wonder he offers a cost reduction if you pay in green cash, I should've checked with the IRS before having him do surgery on my face. There's no going back now he's ruined me
Face Ruined By Dr Yaremchuk in Chestnut Hill, ma – Dec 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD?
Good Job! Great Experience.
Jonna in Boston, MA – Jul 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yaremchuk, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Yaremchuk?
Provider explaining information to patient