Dr. Michael Yap, MD

Dr. Michael Yap, MD

Nephrology  ·
Dr. Michael Yap, MD is a nephrology specialist in Orange, CA and has been practicing for 6 years. He graduated from American University of The Caribbean / School of Medicine in 2007 and specializes in nephrology.Read his story

2230 W Chapman Ave # 200

Orange, CA 92868

Learn about Dr. Yap

See how frequently Dr. Yap performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
Vascular Disease
Acute Kidney Failure

Dr. Yap's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Yap's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Yap "Medicine has taken me around the world and I have been lucky enough to have had such a large breadth of experiences that allow me to connect with every patient, regardless of background. I did my undergraduate education in my home state of California, then went to the Caribbean and England for medical school. After that, I did my internal medicine residency in Phoenix, AZ. That wasn't enough for me, so I did nephrology fellowship in Tampa, FL. It was there I got experience working as a hospitalist and also started my nephrology practice there. I am now back in my hometown of Orange County, CA and I hope to significantly contribute to the improvement of kidney health in the area. When I have a bit of downtime, my hobbies include training in Muay Thai (Thai kickboxing) for the past 7 years, archery, piano, building things out of used pallet wood, working on my old motorcycle, cooking and grilling, and hanging out with my girlfriend Amanda, her cats Artemis and Kona, and my dog Reno."

This content was provided by Dr. Yap "Thank you for visiting! I am Michael Yap, MD, a practicing nephrologist in beautiful and sunny Orange County, CA. I am passionate about providing good quality kidney care to all who allow me the privilege of being their physician. Please explore the site, and if you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact me! "

• Nephrology

• Dialysis Access Procedures
  • Hemodialysis
  • Peritoneal Dialysis
  • Renal Failure Management

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of California, Davis
  • Maricopa Integrated Health System
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • University of South Florida
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Yap does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yap and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yap's Reviews

3.7
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yap to family and friends
3 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Yap's Performance

He's a great listener, something that I value in a doctor. I'm glad I found him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Are you Dr. Yap?