Dr. Michael Yap, MD

Nephrology | Male

2230 W Chapman Ave # 200 Orange, CA 92868 Get Directions
Dr. Michael Yap, MD
Medicine has taken me around the world and I have been lucky enough to have had such a large breadth of experiences that allow me to connect with every patient, regardless of background. I did my undergraduate education in my home state of California, then went to the Caribbean and England for medical school. After that, I did my internal medicine residency in Phoenix, AZ. That wasn't enough for me, so I did nephrology fellowship in Tampa, FL. It was there I got experience working as a hospitalist and also started my nephrology practice there. I am now back in my hometown of Orange County, CA and I hope to significantly contribute to the improvement of kidney health in the area. When I have a bit of downtime, my hobbies include training in Muay Thai (Thai kickboxing) for the past 7 years, archery, piano, building things out of used pallet wood, working on my old motorcycle, cooking and grilling, and hanging out with my girlfriend Amanda, her cats Artemis and Kona, and my dog Reno.

Dr. Yap's Care Philosophy

Thank you for visiting! I am Michael Yap, MD, a practicing nephrologist in beautiful and sunny Orange County, CA. I am passionate about providing good quality kidney care to all who allow me the privilege of being their physician. Please explore the site, and if you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Dr. Yap's Experience

See how Dr. Yap's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Yap

Dr. Yap accepts 2 insurance carriers

Dr. Yap is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Yap has admitting privileges.

Dr. Yap's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yap to family and friends
3.7
based on 3 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Yap's Performance
He's a great listener, something that I value in a doctor. I'm glad I found him.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Yap, MD?
Are you Dr. Yap?

Compare Dr. Yap

Dr. Yap says...

Dr. Yap's Care Philosophy

Dr. Yap's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Nephrology
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Yap's Board Certifications

University of South Florida

Completed in 2012

University Of California, Davis

Graduated in 2001

Dr. Yap does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yap and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Nephrology