Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD

Sports MedicineMaleAge 42

Sports Medicine

Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Honolulu, HI and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine Science/The Chicago Medical School in 2006. He is affiliated with medical facilities Pali Momi Medical Center and Straub Clinic And Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD

Straub Medical Center

888 S King St Honolulu, HI 96813

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Get better prescription prices

Optum Perks and Healthgrades are subsidiaries of RVO Health.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Hawaii

Check if Dr. Yamazaki treats your condition or procedure

• Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis

Dr. Yamazaki accepts

Dr. Yamazaki accepts the following insurance:

First Health

Dr. Yamazaki's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yamazaki

I’m used to being asked what’s currently bothering me, rather than being given the floor to start from the beginning and walk through all the steps that have led me to being here today. Dr. Yamazaki gave me more than adequate time to give an overview of my complex past, to paint a full picture, and to truly listen to my health history. Despite being a new patient, he came prepared & already knew my case quite well, having read through my chart, my many many scanned-in visit summaries from previous outside office visits, PT visits, surgeries, & imaging…it was very impressive. Dr. Yamazaki spoke in terms that made sense, often using some pretty great metaphors along the way. He was articulate, thorough, and incredibly knowledgeable. My visit with Dr. Yamazaki is easily in my top 5 provider visits of all time and I feel that I’m in very good hands moving forward. I can’t thank him enough for the great initial experience and for taking the extra-extra time out of the end of his day
Dec 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD?
He gave me a cortisone injection using ultrasound. He was very caring, warm, and listened and did not seem rushed. He looked for a cyst, which I suspected, but turned out not to be there. The cause of my problem was something else, which he also could see evidence of and showed me. I could not be more pleased with the experience. I would definitely go back, and recommend him.
Keith in Honolulu, Hawaii – Mar 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD?
Dr.Yamazaki has been a heaven sent. He truly cares about your condition and has your best interest at heart, always. He friendly and takes his time to LISTEN. He makes me feel comfortable and never makes me feel like I am any less then he is. His staff are always welcoming and can be seen with a smile on their face. I wish their were more doctors like him in this world. Amazing service!
Kehaukk in Kaneohe, Hi. – Sep 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD?
A very knowledgable and caring Dr. He is taking excellent care of my painful knee problems. I would recommend him 5 out of 5 stars.
Patricia Risko in Honolulu hi – Mar 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD?
Dr. Yamazaki approached me like I was a person, not a patient. He sat down eye to eye with me and took his time to answer all of my questions. Dr. made me feel as though he would spend as much time with me as I needed. He did not rush me and did not start the procedure until I was ready. The procedure I went through should have been much more painful than it actually was. Dr. has excellent technique. I felt safe and cared for and would highly recommend Dr. Yamazaki to anyone wanting superb care.
  • Long wait times
S. Markland in Honolulu, Hawaii – Jan 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Yamazaki?

• Sports Medicine

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

2006
Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine Science/The Chicago Medical School

What is the best way to schedule an appointment with Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD?

Does Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD accept any insurance plans?

Does Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD accept new patients?

New patients are generally accepted by Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD on Healthgrades. To arrange an appointment, call the number on Dr. Yamazaki's profile.

What conditions does Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD treat?

Dr. Yamazaki frequently treats the following conditions: Arthritis, Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear), and Chronic Pain. See more on Healthgrades.

What is Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD's office address?

Dr. Yamazaki's office is located at 888 S King St, Honolulu, HI 96813. You can find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Is Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD affiliated with any hospitals?

Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD is affiliated with Pali Momi Medical Center and Straub Clinic And Hospital.

Is Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD a board-certified professional?

Yes, Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD holds board certifications in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.

How much experience does Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD have?

Dr. Yamazaki has over 16 years of healthcare experience.

Does Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD receive good ratings from patients?

There is a star rating of 4.8/5 for Dr. Michael Yamazaki, MD. Patients say that they trusted the provider's decisions and the provider explained conditions well. See all patient feedback on Healthgrades.

Straub Medical Center888 S King St Honolulu, HI 96813

Dr. Yamazaki is affiliated with the following hospitals. Select a hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

Pali Momi Medical Center

Aiea, HI

78% Patients that would definitely recommend, 8% higher than the national average

4 Awards Received

Award Highlight: Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2022)

Straub Clinic And Hospital

Honolulu, HI

76% Patients that would definitely recommend, 6% higher than the national average

15 Awards Received

Award Highlight: Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ (2021)