Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD

Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology •  Male • Age 64

Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Venice, FL. Dr. Wolpmann has more experience with Gynecologic Care and Gynecologic Surgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Doctors Hospital Of Sarasota and Sarasota Memorial Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Wolpmann to book an appointment.

Bayside Gynecology

New Patient?
Bayside Gynecology959 E VENICE AVE Venice, FL 34285

• Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Wolpmann's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wolpmann

0.819672131147541%

Dr. Wolpmann?
2 years ago at the age of 51 and self aware of bladder leakage issues, it was recommended after exam by Dr. W that I have reparative surgery to lift prolapsed bladder and rectum. Surgery was performed in February 2020, successfully. No more bladder leaks. :) However, through fault of my own, revision surgery was called for in early October 2020. ( I am quite certain that during the recovery from first surgery, I over- did things that I should’t have done) Now, 1 week post op and no leaks. Although surgeries went well, one big caveat: Office visits felt rushed. I had many questions and didn’t have a chance to ask. More than I was comfortable with, I ended up calling the office post-op with many questions. All surgeries are serious business; we are putting all of our trust in another person to operate on our body. Fears and uncertainties need the time to be addressed. I do recommend Dr. W for this surgery. :)
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Wendy Salafia – Oct 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
Very helpful staff. Be sure to ask your questions, Dr. Wolpmann will answer them all in a direct, clear way. He is very professional and competent.
Oct 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
Excellent Doctor He answered all my questions. Had surgery in June and am very happy with the results and would recommend him. he office staff is very helpful and efficient.
Susan Simek – Oct 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
Good doctor, however I always feel like he rushed in, did the exam and rushed out as quickly as he could. Also, he calls me "kiddo" which I detest. It is like he is too busy to look at the chart for my name.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
bebe – Sep 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
After moving to a new state from someplace I had the same female Gyn for many years, several surgeries & issues, I was very nervous & hesitant about every new physician, especially Gyn. I needed a professional, kind, attentive, understanding & trustworthy Gynecologist. Dr. Wolpmann is all that & more. He & his great caring, professional staff have been above and beyond any care I’ve received before, during and after surgery. I trust putting my health in him & to continue to be under his care for my Gyn care.
Patti H. – Sep 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Wolpmann by my primary care physician and was extremely happy with my initial and subsequent visits. I had a prolapsed uterus and Dr. Wolpmann explained that I would need surgery. He explained the procedure in detail. I had the suergery done and it was a success. He was very caring and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.
Catherine Gilchrist – Sep 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
I consulted with Dr Wolpmann after being treated by two other gynecologists. I had problems resulting from a prolapsed uterus, herniation of rectum and bladder into the vaginal wall, and was experiencing incontinence. I had been told that surgery to correct these issues would be very extensive and possibly dangerous. When I saw Dr W. he conducted tests to determine exactly what the problems were and explained it could all be corrected by robotic surgery. This is his expertise and he is very confident in the procedure and made me feel confident. My experience with the surgery could not have been better! I had just slight pain, was walking easily the next day, and did not even take pain meds after returning home. It is 5 weeks since my surgery and I have not had any problems at all. I would gladly do it all over again for the wonderful results.
Martha Shirley – Jul 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
Dr. Wolpman did repair work to my bladder, etc. What a difference it has made in my life. He is a very gentle, caring Dr. I would recommend him to anyone.
Jul 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
Dr. Wolpmann was highly recommended to me by two neighbors for which I am grateful. I recently had rectocele and cystocele surgery with successful results. Dr. Wolpmann is very clear in explaining your specific issues, recommended procedures and expected results. He provides very specific pre-op and post-op instructions which, if followed, will result in a successful recovery. Dr. Wolpmann and his staff are great to work with in every sense. Additionally, the staff encountered at Doctors Hospital had nothing but praise for Dr. Wolpmann and the successful results for his paitients. Linda K. Venice,Fl July 2020
Linda M. Kane – Jul 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
Recently had a vaginal hysterectomy with rectocele and cystocele at Dr’s hospital. Dr Wolpmann was great in explaining procedures and what to expect after surgery. If you listen to his instructions, recovery is a breeze. His staff are wonderful especially Rachel and Riley! Wish that my prior doctor offered this up as a remedy. Receiving a Get Well Card signed by the Office was such a nice touch! Thank you again Dr Wolpmann for your excellent care! Kathy L
May 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
From explanation , preparation, operation to follow-up Dr. Wolpmann's well organized procedures gave me confidence and ultimate success in having a subeurethal sling inserted. I appreciated the 5 days of aftercare by home visiting nurse who closely monitored my recovery and removed my urinary catheter bag eliminating a trip to the doctor's office at a time when I did not wish to travel anywhere until I was free from that appendage. I learned to have all my questions prepared before any visit to Dr. Wolpmann's as he is quite busy. All calls I placed to his office were efficiently handled by friendly staff members. I would recommend Dr. Wolpmann as a much experienced and trustworthy Urogynecologist.
Lucille – May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
Dr. Wolpmann is absolutely the best. I am 73 years old and I was in discomfort for sometime and I went to Dr. Wolpmann. He made me feel at ease. Believe me going to a gynecologist is not the top of my lists of doctors. After a few visits he diagnosed my problems and we scheduled my procedure. I am thrilled with my procedure results. I’m like a new person. He is the BEST!!
Bernadeane Thompson – Apr 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
I had a robotic laparoscopic hysterectomy performed back in September 2019 by Dr. Wolpmann. I asked a lot of questions and he took the time to answer all of them. My recovery time was quick & easy. The office staff has always been extremely friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this office This was the best medical decision I have ever made. I have never felt better.
Amber Wright – Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
Excellent Dr with great results.
Apr 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
I would like to express my sincere thanks to Dr. Wolpmann and his staff for the wonderful treatment that I have received from all of them. Dr. Wolpmann made me feel comfortable from my first visit. The treatment that I was given was fantastic. I will forever be grateful to him for taking care of my problem. I HIGHLY recommend to any woman that is in need of an ob/gyn,, to set an appointment with Stacy to see him. She, and all of the other girls working there are the best... THANK YOU TO YOU ALL
Linda A Reeves – Jan 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
Dr. Wolpmann was a lifesaver for me. For years I have been suffering with Infections. Yeast, Bladder, Etc. I had seen 3 other GYN doctors they would treat me with meds and send me home. In a couple of weeks my infection would be back again. Dr. Wolpmann ~ pulled no punches~ he said how long are you going to fool around with this ? Dr. Wolpmann told me I needed a Hysterectomy. I had the surgery and it was the best thing that could have happened to me. He explained in detail~everything to me, He was absolutely wonderful. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a Gynecologist. His staff is very courteous, helpful, and ready to go the extra mile. I am so very happy that I found Bayside Gynecology.
Mrs. Lunt – Jan 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
Five stars in my book. I highly recommend him. What are you doing
Jan 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
Dr. Wolpmann and his office staff are wonderful. I recently had robotic surgery. He explained the procedure thoroughly and answered all my questions. My recovery time was quick and easy. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I would certainly recommend him highly.
Marilyn N. – Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
Dr Wolpmann and his staff are wonderful! I was rather hesitant to go thru the surgery and first. My recovery was wonderful and I now feel better than I have in the last year. I would recommend Dr. Wolpmann to my friends and have.
Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?
Recently, I had a robotic hysterectomy with Dr. Michael Wolpmann . Dr. Wolpmann takes the time to explain everything and answer any questions that you may have. My surgery and recovery period have been exactly as he had explained, no surprises. Recovery has been quite easy, lots of walking as Dr. Wolpmann suggests and now it is already six weeks after surgery and I've been feeling great. Dr. Wolpmann and his office staff are friendly, courteous and true professionals. I don't think my experience could have been any better.
Marsha Hiner – Dec 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wolpmann, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wolpmann?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Wolpmann

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Wolpmann treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Wolpmann treats other conditions, please contact the office at (941) 485-5700.

Gynecologic Care

Gyncologists diagnose and treat conditions that affect any part of the female reproductive system, such as vaginitis, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, or polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).Compare with other Gynecologic Care specialists.

Dr. Wolpmann typically treats 84% more often than similar doctors

Very High Frequency
Dr. Wolpmann
Similar Providers

Gynecologic Surgery

Gynecologic surgery treats conditions affecting the female reproductive system, including cancer, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and uterine fibroids through procedures such as hysterectomy, tumor removal, and myomectomy.Compare with other Gynecologic Surgery specialists.

Dr. Wolpmann typically treats 74% more often than similar doctors

• Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colporrhaphy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Endocervical Curettage
  • Endometrial Ablation
  • Endometriosis
  • Excision of Cervix
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hepatitis Screening
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hysterectomy
  • Laparoscopic Vaginal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopy
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Pelvic Pain
  • Perimenopause
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair
  • Yeast Infections

Dr. Wolpmann accepts

Dr. Wolpmann accepts the following insurance:

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
EBS-RMSCO
Freedom Health
Freedom Network
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
POMCO Group
Tricare
Standard
TriCare for Life

We consistently offer a personalized approach to healthcare

Bayside Gynecology was founded on the vision of creating a center for excellence in comprehensive gynecologic care for women of all ages. We specialize...Read more

• Obstetrics & Gynecology