Dr. Michael E. Wilson, DO

Dr. Michael E. Wilson, DO

Family Medicine | Male | 58 years old

Our convenience culture has resulted in a great deal of disease in our society; we drive instead of walk and with the growth in automation, we no longer move and work as we once did; we have become very sedentary. Setting goals for a healthier lifestyle can improve and extend your quality of life and keep you motivated. I try to maintain a healthy lifestyle and hopefully serve as an example to my patients and others. Above all, I encourage my patients to get moving! I recommend 6 basic guidelines for optimal health and share these with my patients: Eat well-balanced diet No tobacco use Regular exercise - the more active you are, the healthier you stay. Daily prayer or meditation Moderate or no alcohol consumption Healthy sleep habitsRead more

Personal Bio

Dr. Wilson's Experience

See how Dr. Wilson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wilson

Dr. Wilson accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Wilson has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Wilson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wilson to family and friends
3.2
based on 5 total surveys (1 with a review)
Experience with Dr. Wilson
Dr. Wilson's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (5)
Dr. Wilson Says:

Thank you for taking the time to answer the patient satisfaction survey.  Your responses help me to be a better partner in your healthcare.

Thank you!

Michael Wilson DO

in Oregon City, OR |
Really like Doctor Wilson! Very pleasant and personable. Excellent diagnostics and a caring professional. He has taken very good care of me over the last 10+ years. He made me get a mammogram when I didn?t want to and he saved my life! Very glad I found him.
Have you seen Dr. Michael E. Wilson, DO?
Are you Dr. Wilson?

Compare Dr. Wilson

Dr. Wilson says...

Continuing my family's tradition of military service, I started my medical career as a U.S. Air Force medic. My favorite assignment was Wiesbaden, Germany where I provided critical services to U.S. military forces in Europe and State Dept. officials as well as civilians. I also participated in the care of the 52 hostages taken captive in Tehran, Iran as well as dignitaries wounded in the assassination of Egypt's President, Anwar Sadat, in 1981.

Eventually, I was promoted to flight medic and for 5 years worked in the transport of the sick and injured as well as critically ill infants. As a flight medic, I was responsible for caring for patients in transit to specialized military and civilian hospitals that were located throughout the continental U.S. as well as Hawaii, Alaska and the Caribbean, to insure they got the best medical care available.

After leaving the military, I graduated from college where I studied biology and pre-medicine and ultimately graduated from medical school. After that, I completed a 3 year residency in Family Medicine in Portland in 1996. I have been board certified since 1997.

In medicine, every day presents new experiences and challenges. The exposure to this variety of issues led to my seeking a career in Family Medicine that would satisfy the need to help people in a variety of situations, of all ages, in all stages of life.

Dr. Wilson's Care Philosophy

1. Eat well-balanced diet
  2. No tobacco use
  3. Regular exercise - the more active you are, the healthier you stay.
  4. Daily prayer or meditation
  5. Moderate or no alcohol consumption
  6. Healthy sleep habits

Dr. Wilson says...

Thank you!

Michael Wilson DO

Dr. Wilson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine

Dr. Wilson has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wilson's Board Certifications

• Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

Western Univ Of Health Sciences/College Of Osteopathic Medicine Of The Pacific, Western University Of Health Sciences

Graduated in 1993

Eastmoreland General Hospital

Completed in 1994

Eastmoreland General Hospital

Completed in 1996

California State University

Graduated in 1988

Dr. Wilson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wilson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy

• Wart Removal
  • Well Baby Care
  • Wellness Examination

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.