Dr. Michael Wilson, DO

Dr. Michael Wilson, DO

Family Medicine  ·
Dr. Michael Wilson, DO is a family medicine specialist in Clackamas, OR and has been practicing for 22 years. He graduated from Western Univ Of Health Sciences/College Of Osteopathic Medicine Of The Pacific, Western University Of Health Sciences in 1993 and specializes in family medicine and osteopathic manipulative therapy.Read his story

12360 SE Sunnyside Rd

Clackamas, OR 97015

• AvMed
  • First Choice Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Wilson

Dr. Wilson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Wilson "Continuing my family's tradition of military service, I started my medical career as a U.S. Air Force medic. My favorite assignment was Wiesbaden, Germany where I provided critical services to U.S. military forces in Europe and State Dept. officials as well as civilians. I also participated in the care of the 52 hostages taken captive in Tehran, Iran as well as dignitaries wounded in the assassination of Egypt's President, Anwar Sadat, in 1981. Eventually, I was promoted to flight medic and for 5 years worked in the transport of the sick and injured as well as critically ill infants. As a flight medic, I was responsible for caring for patients in transit to specialized military and civilian hospitals that were located throughout the continental U.S. as well as Hawaii, Alaska and the Caribbean, to insure they got the best medical care available. After leaving the military, I graduated from college where I studied biology and pre-medicine and ultimately graduated from medical school. After that, I completed a 3 year residency in Family Medicine in Portland in 1996. I have been board certified since 1997. In medicine, every day presents new experiences and challenges. The exposure to this variety of issues led to my seeking a career in Family Medicine that would satisfy the need to help people in a variety of situations, of all ages, in all stages of life."

This content was provided by Dr. Wilson "Our convenience culture has resulted in a great deal of disease in our society; we drive instead of walk and with the growth in automation, we no longer move and work as we once did; we have become very sedentary. Setting goals for a healthier lifestyle can improve and extend your quality of life and keep you motivated. I try to maintain a healthy lifestyle and hopefully serve as an example to my patients and others. Above all, I encourage my patients to get moving!

I recommend 6 basic guidelines for optimal health and share these with my patients:

1. Eat well-balanced diet
  2. No tobacco use
  3. Regular exercise - the more active you are, the healthier you stay.
  4. Daily prayer or meditation

• Vaccination
  • Wart Removal
  • Well Baby Care
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• California State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1988
  • Western Univ Of Health Sciences/College Of Osteopathic Medicine Of The Pacific, Western University Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Eastmoreland General Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Eastmoreland General Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Wilson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wilson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wilson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wilson's Reviews

2.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wilson to family and friends

Dr. Wilson's Performance

Dr. Wilson Says:
"

Thank you for taking the time to answer the patient satisfaction survey.  Your responses help me to be a better partner in your healthcare.

Thank you!

Michael Wilson DO

"

Im not someone to leave reviews often, but wow. I thought cameras were going to come out and tell me i had just been punk'd as I was walking out of his office. He was far beyond unprofessional. He is, by far, the absolute most rude and passive aggressive doctor I have ever seen.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Wilson spent a great deal of time getting to know me as a new patient. He asked great questions. Dr. Wilson took all the time needed to answer my questions; while not talking down to me. He was kind, caring, polite, and engaged. If I could give more than five stars I would. Dr. Wilson is a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Rudest doctor I have ever met. He misdiagnosed me probably because he didn't check anything but my breathing. No bedside manner. I left angry and shaking and with a high fever.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option2
Really like Doctor Wilson! Very pleasant and personable. Excellent diagnostics and a caring professional. He has taken very good care of me over the last 10+ years. He made me get a mammogram when I didn?t want to and he saved my life! Very glad I found him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0