Dr. Michael Wilensky, MD

Dr. Michael Wilensky, MD

Neurology  ·

Dr. Michael Wilensky, MD is a neurology specialist in Metairie, LA and has been practicing for 44 years. He specializes in neurology.Read his story

Learn about Dr. Wilensky

See how frequently Dr. Wilensky performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Diabetic Polyneuropathy

Dr. Wilensky's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Wilensky's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Wilensky "Dr. Wilensky joined our Ochsner Neurology Team in September, 2011. His speciality is Multiple Sclerosis and Neuro Electromyography & Electrodiagnosis (EMG). Prior to this he had a private practice in Kenner, LA. His medical degree was earned from Tulane University School of Medicine in 1974; Internship at Charity Hospital of New Orleans June of 1975; Residency at Tulane Medical School of Medicine in January of 1978 and then his Fellowship in Neuromuscular-EMG/NCV at the University of Utah Medical Center in Utah, June 1978. Dr. Wilensky has received the following awards and honors: Clinical Exam and Diagnostic Evaluation of the Neurological Patient, Course Director from the Southern Medical Association Annual Scientific Assembly, Owl Club Award (Teaching Award) from Tulane University School of Medicine and named a Top Neurologists of New Orleans in 2001 from New Orleans Magazine."

• Neurology

• Neurology
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Tulane University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1974
  • Charity Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Tulane University Hospitals
  • University of Utah Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Wilensky has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wilensky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wilensky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Ochsner Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Neurosciences Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Wilensky is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View awards

Dr. Wilensky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wilensky to family and friends

Ochsner Health System

also has reviews with comments for this provider:

logo for Ochsner Health System

Dr. Wilensky's Performance

Four different diagnoses from one test, & took almost 5 months to get those. Each diagnosis was progressively worse, when I could actually convince him to look at it and/or to actually look at my case notes. Makes whole process totally useless in determining future surgical decisions and therefore...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Hi, we are very sorry to hear of this issue. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. Please send your name and contact information to us at connect@ochsner.org, so we can have someone reach out to you. We'd like to help make things right.

This guy is the worst doctor in New Orleans!!! He diagnosed me with Multiple Sclerosis when I really had Fibromyalgia.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
If I could give negative stars I would. Not only am I bruised from his roughness but I cried soon as I left from his hostility and just plain meaness! I would not recommend him at all. I wish I would of took the other recommendation and ran from him. Its no wonder its so easy to get into an...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Hands down the worst experience I had ever had with a doctor. Waited months for an appointment in pain, only to have him rush in, immediately insult my appearance, ignore the CT scan I had brought with me, dig his fingers so hard into the sides of my neck that it brought tears to my eyes, and send...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
He is rude and way too rough. He hit me on the sides of my head and stuck kleenex in my eyes. He also scratched my face with a metal rod. He sent me home with muscle relaxers and I've been in unbearable pain waiting on an MRI. Stay away from him.