Dr. Michael Wildstein, MD

Dr. Michael Wildstein, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male | 44 years old

Our practice philosophy is that a detailed history and extensive physical examination will always be state of the art. Surgery is always a last resort only after all conservatve modes of care have been exhausted. We spend time with and listen to what our patients have to say. We will never pass patients off to a nurse or a physician assistant. Rather, our patients can expect to be seen and examined by a board-certified orthopedic surgeon each time they come for an appointment at the spine center.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Wildstein's Experience

See how Dr. Wildstein's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wildstein

Dr. Wildstein accepts 4 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Wildstein has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Wildstein's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (32)
Dr. Wildstein Says:

in Summerville, SC |
I had gone to one of the big box spine centers and felt like a piece of meat being herded through. I went to see Dr. Wildstein at the recommendation of a co-worker and it was the best decision I could have made. He offered me 4 or 5 different options for my condition and explained each one in detail with what I could expect from each option. I chose the least invasive because he felt it would give me the relief needed and he was correct. Haven't felt this good in years! Thank you Dr. Wildstein!!
in Charleston SC |
I wuld give him a 10+ on a scale of 1-5. Years ago as a nurse working in orthopedics I would admire this doctor for his skill, incredible bedside manner, and amazing concern for his patients. Who'd have thought years later "I" would need back & cervical sx. He's SO conservative, you don't feel as if he forces surgery & is very understandable .Thankfully my results were better than I ever could have hoped for post- op. I adore him as a Dr tho cuz no ques is ever disregarded, & he REALLY cares!
in Charleston, SC |
The most amazing part of seeing Dr. Wildstein is that when I go to see him, I actually see HIM, There is no dealing with a bunch or nurses or PAs. Every time I've had an appointment with Dr. W, he's the one I see. Additionally, I have never been to a Dr. who listens as well as Dr. W. I have always felt comfortable asking any, and all questions and I know without a doubt that the answers Dr. W gives me are honest, accurate, and complete. Easily the best spine doctor in Charleston.
in Eutawville,SC 29048 |
Dr will actually call me himself, and he's a good listener. Nancy, his office manager is very efficient to meet my needs and has a very calming disposition. This is my second back surgery in 8 months and I'm confident that this had worked. So thankful for Google, which lead me to this amazing doctor, surgeon.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
After being in terrible back pain for a week, my family doctor scheduled me an MRI. By lunch time the next day, my family doctor had already called Dr. Wildstein and discussed my prognosis. He was able to see me at the hospital later that afternoon. He explained everything thoroughly and was able to do the surgery that evening. The pain subsided immediately. I can't begin to thank him for such a wonderful experience. I will definitely use him again if needed.
in Wadmalaw Island, SC |
Dr. Wildstein is a very nice person who explains everything and answers all your questions. He did a fabulous job on my elbow surgery. I will be eternally grateful to him. I always bring a list of questions, but after he talks to me....I find that he has already answered all my questions. Would not hesitate to go back to him.
in Johns Island, SC |
After researching and meeting with numerous surgeons about which procedure would be best for me, I was fortunate to learn of Dr. Wildstein's expertise with lateral interbody fusions. Quite frankly, he saved my life. I could not walk to my mailbox and surgery had become the only option for me. Dr. Wildstein is incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about his patients and work. He is an exceptional surgeon and caring individual. I recommend him to everyone I know.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Wildstein, MD?
Are you Dr. Wildstein?

Compare Dr. Wildstein

Dr. Wildstein says...

www.wildsteinspine.com Dr. Wildstein founded the Wildstein Spine Center in 2008 after completing his specialty fellowship training in spinal surgery at Stanford University, in California.  At the spine center, patients are never treated by anyone other than a board-certified spinal surgeon each and every visit.  Unlike other orthopedic and spine practices in the country, Dr. Wildstein does not use physician assistants (PA's) or nurse practitioners (NP's) to see his patients.  What this means for patients at Wildstein Spine Center is that they will always have a personalized exam performed by only the most qualified individual with the highest level of training in orthopedic and spinal pathology- ensuring the continuity of care that patients demand in today's competitive market.

Dr. Wildstein takes pride in the fact that he is an independent physician practice, not owned by the hospital system, and so he can provide an in-depth, thoughtful and thorough examination of every patient who comes through his door.  He gives lectures to and teaches other spinal surgeons across the country as well as he is the author of several textbook chapters on orthopedic and spinal surgery.  His expert medical opinions are sought by individuals across the Southeast region.  Dr. Wildstein currently serves as the Chairman of Orthopaedic Surgery at St. Francis Hospital and Vice-Chairman of the Orthopaedic Department at Roper Hospital in Charleston, SC.

Dr. Wildstein's Care Philosophy

Our practice philosophy is that a detailed history and extensive physical examination will always be state of the art. Surgery is always a last resort only after all conservatve modes of care have been exhausted. We spend time with and listen to what our patients have to say.  We will never pass patients off to a nurse or a physician assistant.  Rather, our patients can expect to be seen and examined by a board-certified orthopedic surgeon each time they come for an appointment at the spine center.

Dr. Wildstein says...

In his spinal surgery fellowship training, Dr. Wildstein had the unique opportunity to perform surgeries with the spinal surgeons who invented the X-STOP procedure for spinal stenosis.  This revolutionary, minimally invasive procedure allows patients to gain immediate relief of their leg and back pain through an outpatient surgery with minimal down-time for recovery.

Dr. Wildstein says...

It is an honor and a privilege to have the opportunity to get to know and care for all of our patients at Wildstein Spine Center.  Our personalized, one-on-one atmosphere leaves patients feeling more like individuals and less like a number, and the reviews we get on Healthgrades just serve to validate our practice philosophy.  We truly appreciate all of our patients' wonderful and supportive feedback of the practice and we look forward to treating all of our patients with compassionate, personalized care in the future.

Dr. Wildstein's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Wildstein's Board Certifications

• Bone Cancer
  • Broken Arm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Ear Disorders
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

Stanford University

Completed in 2007

Stanford University

Graduated in 1994

Dr. Wildstein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wildstein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
  • Trigger Finger Release