Dr. Michael Wilcox, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 59

Dr. Wilcox

Wilcox Psychiatry Solutions PC

1470 Ben Sawyer Blvd Ste 5B Mount Pleasant, SC 29464

Dr. Michael Wilcox, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Mount Pleasant, SC and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from Medical University Of South Carolina in 1999 and specializes in psychiatry and child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Wilcox accepts

Dr. Wilcox accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for South Carolina

• Psychiatry

2004
2003
2000
Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College Of Virginia School Of Medicine
1999

4.3

Dr. Wilcox?
Dr. Wilcox's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Wilcox, MD
I had seen Dr Wilcox for a couple of years. In January I need to refill my medication (Viibryd) that costs $15 a month with the card. When I went to refill the medication the pharmacy said I had to meet my insurance deductible before I could get the medication for the $15. I couldn't afford the deductible. I stopped by his office left a message with the receptionist I needed the Dr to call in a different medication. Not done. Stopped in again and called but the Dr. NEVER called me, scheduled an appointment or called in a different prescription. I waited a month. Ran out of my medication and ended up in the hospital for severe antidepressant withdrawal. 5 months later I am still dealing with withdrawal. What doctor allows his patients to be put in a situation like this. I am filing a formal complaint.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wilcox, MD?
I've been with Dr. Wilcox for 11 years and he has me just coming every 6 months. any time I have a set back, he immediately gets me into see him. He has given me quality of life. I live a normal life. He is the best with medicine that I have ever seen. He knows just what to do in every situation. He is a special doctor and I trust him with all my heart.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wilcox, MD?
I started going to Dr. Wilcox about 3-4 weeks ago. I was put on 3 strong medications. During the first visit I told him I have adverse reactions to medications. I was instructed to call him if this occurred. It did happen, and I was unable to get ahold of him. I left voicemails before the holidays. Truly needed medication help. My boyfriend left voicemails. No call before or until a while after holidays. Unprofessional and miserable experience. Very disappointed. He lost a patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wilcox, MD?
GREAT DR JUST STARTED BRINGING MY DAUGHTER TO HIM. LISTENS AND HAS THE PATIENCE OF A SAINT, ENCOURAGING. GLAD WE FOUND HIM.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wilcox, MD?
Dr. Wilcox is one of the best psychiatrists I've had in 20+ years of mental health care. He listens, he's patient, he keeps up on the latest research, he's open-minded, he looks at the whole person and all factors that may impact mental health like thyroid issues, etc. There are only a few psychiatrists in this area so he does the best he can with all patients given the situation in this area, but he's truly a terrific Doc. Wait times and urgent appt avail. can vary because of demand in area.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wilcox, MD?
My husband and I have been Dr. Wilcox patient's for 12 year's now. When we first started seeing him, we lived in the Tri-County area, we moved to Hilton Head and continued to see him. I would not change to another doctor. Dr. Wilcox is caring, takes the time to listen to your problems and helps with solutions. He does not brush you off waiting for the next client. Very compassionate doctor!! I would rate him a 10 if the stars would let me! :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wilcox, MD?
Dr. Wilcox is amazing! I've been going to him for 7 years!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wilcox, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wilcox?

Compare Providers