Dr. Michael P. Widick, MD

Dr. Michael P. Widick, MD

Sinus Surgery | Male | 53 years old

Medical ethicists divide medical practice styles into 2 broad categories, Paternalism or "the doctor makes decisions and the patient follows his orders" and Patient Autonomy where the "physician provides information and the patient makes the decisions." I have always leaned towards the side of Patient Autonomy but have found uses for both practice styles. At least once or twice a week, a patient will tell me, "you are the doctor, tell me what to do!" If the situation is appropriate, I will. Conversely, sometimes a well-informed patient will make what I perceive as the wrong decision. When this is due to anxiety, psychological illness; often in a state of denial about the severity of their illness; I may take a more paternalistic view. Rarely, this might be due to religious beliefs. Under such circumstances, I try to accommodate their beliefs. This is what makes medicine as much an art as a science. I will do my best to serve you and solve your ENT problems. Welcome to my practice.Read more

Personal Bio

I have been in private practice in Cocoa Beach, FL since 2002. Prior to that, I served for six years...Read more

Dr. Widick's Experience

See how Dr. Widick's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Widick

Dr. Widick accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Widick has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Widick
Dr. Widick's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (39)
in Merritt Island, FL |
Hello ,I never review anyone but this Dr and office personal are wonderful. He first met with my wife and found cancer ,with his help she is now free from this .He also is my Dr . we are so pleased with his professional care. Thank you.
in Merritt Island |
Dr,. Widick is a wonderful doctor. He saved my life. I had a serious dental abscess/infection. He took quick action to get me admitted to CCH and treatment. He is a doctor that cares about his patients. I highly recommend him and will refer anyone in need for a good ENT doctor.
Melbourne, FL |
I found Dr. Widick to be a very knowedgable and caring doctor who kept persevering to figure out what my problem was, and how to fix it. I feel I have my life back to normal due to his excellent care. His staff was very professional and caring also. I was in very good hands and would highly recommend his practice!
in Merritt Island, FL |
Dr. Widick and his staff are very caring and professional. Will go the extra mile for a proper diagnosis and treatment.
in Merritt Island, FL |
I have nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Widick, his nurse Pam, and office staff Lynn. Dr. Widick is great, he is extremely knowledgeable, and dedicated goes out of his way to problem solve using all of his contacts to offer multiple solutions. Thank you Dr.Widick for saving my life. I would highly recommend Dr.Widick to anyone.
Merritt Island, FL |
I have had Sinus problems for years, having had three surgeries with other ENT's without much success I went to Dr. Widick, after one surgery I can now breath properly and sleep at night. Thank You Dr. Widick.
in Port Saint John, fl. |
I moved to brevard county in 2007 from Huntsville,Al. Had already had sinus surgery, ear surgery, and mastoid surgery. So when we got here one of the first things I needed was a good ENT. It was recommended by a doctor for me to see Dr. Widick I have never been disappointed . He is the most caring, professional , ENT I have ever had. I am planning on moving in the next few months but I will make the drive back to see him. I will have to say he is the best.
in Cape Canaveral, FL |
Dr. Widick and his staff are very professional, friendly and caring.
in Cocoa Beach, FL |
I've been to see him several times over the years, including nasal surgery and have always been very happy with the quality of the treatment.
Have you seen Dr. Michael P. Widick, MD?
Are you Dr. Widick?

Compare Dr. Widick

Dr. Widick says...

I have been in private practice in Cocoa Beach, FL since 2002. Prior to that, I served for six years in the United States Air Force as the Chief of Otolaryngology at Yokota Air Base, Japan and Bitburg Air Base, Germany. I separated honorably on 30 Jun 2001 to pursue a civilian career. I have maintained an active practice in General Otolaryngology with emphasis on surgery on the nose and sinuses, ears and head and neck. My residency training at the University of Miami was extremely strong in advanced Nasal and Sinus Surgery including Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of the Face,  Head and Neck Surgery, and advanced Ear Surgery. I perform office based surgery for skin, throat and neck biopsies and excisions. I have been performing balloon sinus dilation since 2007 and offer this procedure in the office for appropriate candidates. Nasal polyps can be removed in the office as well. I also perform minor ear procedures such as biopsies, aspiration of middle ear fluid with and without tubes and treatment of middle and inner ear disease with intra-tympanic (behind the eardrum) medications in the office.

Academically, I was honored with the First Place Clinical Science Research Award by the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery and received several other awards for excellence in research during his residency (see Honors & Awards below).

I have remained an active surgeon but during my 20 years of private practice, I have worked harder to alleviate symptoms and diseases medically reserving surgery for patients who do not respond to medical management.

Personally, I am married and have three young children in Elementary and Middle Schools. My outside interests include gardening, surfing and other water sports.

Honors and Awards:

First Place Award 1995 Chandler Society Resident and Fellow Research Day for:  Rapid cochlear monitoring, utilizing distortion-product otoacoustic emission phase change, in a rabbit model.

Editorial Review Board, Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, The Journal of the American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery1995-1996.

First Place Award (Clinical Science Category), 1994 American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery/ARO National Research Forum for: Early Effects of Cerebellopontine Angle Compression on Rabbit DPOAEs: A Model for Monitoring Cochlear Function During Acoustic Neuroma Surgery.

Second Place Award, Society of Military Otolaryngologists, for: Early Effects of Cerebellopontine Angle Compression on Rabbit DPOAEs: A Model for Monitoring Cochlear Function During Acoustic Neuroma Surgery.

Health Professions Scholarship, USAF

Selby Foundation Academic Scholarship.

Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society.

Dr. Widick's Care Philosophy

Dr. Widick's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sinus Surgery

• Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Swimmer's Ear
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain

University Of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital

Completed in 1995

Florida State University

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Widick does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Widick and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sinus Surgery
  • Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Otolaryngic Allergy
  • Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
  • Otology
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Rhinology

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Disorder Endoscopy
  • Nasal Packing for Epitaxis
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Nasopharyngoscopy
  • Neck Surgery
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Skin Biopsy
  • Soft Tissue Mass Biopsy
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Stereotactic Biopsy