Dr. Michael Widick, MD

Dr. Michael Widick, MD

Sinus Surgery  |
I have been in private practice in Cocoa Beach, FL since 2002. Prior to that, I served for six years in the United States Air Force as the Chief of Otolaryngology at Yokota Air Base, Japan and Bitburg Air Base, Germany. I separated honorably on 30 Jun 2001 to pursue a civilian career. I have maintained an active practice in General Otolaryngology with emphasis on surgery on the nose and sinuses, ears and head and neck. My residency training at the University of Miami was extremely strong in advanced Nasal and Sinus Surgery including Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of the Face, Head and Neck Surgery, and advanced Ear Surgery. I perform office based surgery for skin, throat and neck biopsies and excisions. I have been performing balloon sinus dilation since 2007 and offer this procedure in the office for appropriate candidates. Nasal polyps can be removed in the office as well. I also perform minor ear procedures such as biopsies, aspiration of middle ear fluid with and without tubes and treatment of middle and inner ear disease with intra-tympanic (behind the eardrum) medications in the office. Academically, I was honored with the First Place Clinical Science Research Award by the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery and received several other awards for excellence in research during his residency (see Honors & Awards below). I have remained an active surgeon but during my 20 years of private practice, I have worked harder to alleviate symptoms and diseases medically reserving surgery for patients who do not respond to medical management. Personally, I am married and have three young children in Elementary and Middle Schools. My outside interests include gardening, surfing and other water sports. Honors and Awards: First Place Award 1995 Chandler Society Resident and Fellow Research Day for: Rapid cochlear monitoring, utilizing distortion-product otoacoustic emission phase change, in a rabbit model. Editorial Review Board, Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, The Journal of the American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery1995-1996. First Place Award (Clinical Science Category), 1994 American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery/ARO National Research Forum for: Early Effects of Cerebellopontine Angle Compression on Rabbit DPOAEs: A Model for Monitoring Cochlear Function During Acoustic Neuroma Surgery. Second Place Award, Society of Military Otolaryngologists, for: Early Effects of Cerebellopontine Angle Compression on Rabbit DPOAEs: A Model for Monitoring Cochlear Function During Acoustic Neuroma Surgery. Health Professions Scholarship, USAF Selby Foundation Academic Scholarship. Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society.

333 W Cocoa Beach Cswy Ste B

Cocoa Beach, FL 32931

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Widick

See how frequently Dr. Widick performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laryngitis
Ear Disorders
Larynx Conditions

Dr. Widick's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Widick "Medical ethicists divide medical practice styles into 2 broad categories, Paternalism or "the doctor makes decisions and the patient follows his orders" and Patient Autonomy where the "physician provides information and the patient makes the decisions." I have always leaned towards the side of Patient Autonomy but have found uses for both practice styles. At least once or twice a week, a patient will tell me, "you are the doctor, tell me what to do!" If the situation is appropriate, I will. Conversely, sometimes a well-informed patient will make what I perceive as the wrong decision. When this is due to anxiety, psychological illness; often in a state of denial about the severity of their illness; I may take a more paternalistic view. Rarely, this might be due to religious beliefs. Under such circumstances, I try to accommodate their beliefs. This is what makes medicine as much an art as a science. I will do my best to serve you and solve your ENT problems. Welcome to my practice."

• Sinus Surgery
  • Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Otolaryngic Allergy
  • Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
  • Otology
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Rhinology

• Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Swimmer's Ear
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Disorder Endoscopy
  • Nasal Packing for Epitaxis
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Nasopharyngoscopy
  • Neck Surgery
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Skin Biopsy
  • Soft Tissue Mass Biopsy
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Stereotactic Biopsy

• Vanderbilt University Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • University Of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Widick does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Widick and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Widick's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Widick to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Widick's Performance
in Merritt Island, FL |
Dr. Widick is superb. He is an old fashioned doctor who does whatever is needed to treat patients successfully, while most doctors focus on quantity and moving patients through quickly, I am a complicated almost constant chronic sinusitis patient. He has worked tirelessly to return me to a state of reliably good health. He even called on a weekend to review tests and check on me. After months and months of treatment, I am no longer constantly sick and I can manage my treatment on my own.
in Cape Canaveral |
Dr Widick was recommended to me and I have been forever please. He has restored my faith in Doctors. Nice bedside manners. The procedure he performed on vocal cord has been a success. I was quite leary on the procedure after another physician damaged my vocal cord. But so far so good. Thank you!
in Rockledge, FL |
Excellent ENT.
Merritt Island, FL |
I had deviated septum surgery done by Dr. Widick last month was very pleased with the results. Breathing easier than I have in a long time. What really surprised me was the ease of the surgery and the short recovery time. Had heard horror stories of this type of surgery but only had a couple of days on discomfort and then it wasn't uncomfortable at all. No outward sign that I had even had the surgery. No bruising what so ever. Very good job. Would recommend Dr. Widick highly.
in Merritt Island, FL |
Widick might be an OK physician (he still hasn't find what our medical problem is after 2 visits...), but he doesn't have any time management skill. First time, we waited 2 hours past our appointment time to be seen, and today, after waiting 1 1/2 hour past our appointment, I finally asked the office why we have to be on time when they are NOT, and the office manager, rude and not empathetic, couldn't answer why punctuality is unknown there, said she was going to call the police for asking this
in Cocoa Beach, FL |
Fell and hit my face on concrete, Dr. Widick took care of it, his staff was friendly and professional.
in Merritt Island, FL |
Dr. Widick is the best in Brevard County!!! I was diagnosed with Meniers Disease in one ear. For 15 years I've suffered with severe vertigo attacks. I went to Mayo Clinic twice only to be told I needed invasive surgical procedures. I kept searching. Dr. Widick has injected low dose gentamicin into my deteriated inner ear. I have had 5 injections. I have not had attack for almost 4 months. It's working!!!! I was having attacks daily unable to leave my home. Thank You Dr. Widick!!
Pompano Beach, FL |
Widick might be a fine physician, but his office is horrible...I think you're ultimately only as good as the people around you (i.e., the "provider" is the entire team). His staff temporarily misplaced my records, canceled an appointment that took weeks to schedule, didn't follow up on things they said they'd do, couldn't answer basic insurance questions, and generally had a completely non-caring attitude. I'd rather put my care into the hands of a fully proficient physician TEAM.
I am sorry you had problems with your appointment but my office is in Cocoa Beach and I believe you have reviewed the wrong Dr. Widick. I am Dr. Michael Widick in Cocoa Beach. If possible, can you check who you meant to review and remove your negative comments as I suspect your experience was with another Dr. Widick.
in Merritt Island, FL |
Hello ,I never review anyone but this Dr and office personal are wonderful. He first met with my wife and found cancer ,with his help she is now free from this .He also is my Dr . we are so pleased with his professional care. Thank you.
in Merritt Island |
Dr,. Widick is a wonderful doctor. He saved my life. I had a serious dental abscess/infection. He took quick action to get me admitted to CCH and treatment. He is a doctor that cares about his patients. I highly recommend him and will refer anyone in need for a good ENT doctor.
Melbourne, FL |
I found Dr. Widick to be a very knowedgable and caring doctor who kept persevering to figure out what my problem was, and how to fix it. I feel I have my life back to normal due to his excellent care. His staff was very professional and caring also. I was in very good hands and would highly recommend his practice!
in Merritt Island, FL |
Dr. Widick and his staff are very caring and professional. Will go the extra mile for a proper diagnosis and treatment.
in Merritt Island, FL |
I have nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Widick, his nurse Pam, and office staff Lynn. Dr. Widick is great, he is extremely knowledgeable, and dedicated goes out of his way to problem solve using all of his contacts to offer multiple solutions. Thank you Dr.Widick for saving my life. I would highly recommend Dr.Widick to anyone.
Merritt Island, FL |
I have had Sinus problems for years, having had three surgeries with other ENT's without much success I went to Dr. Widick, after one surgery I can now breath properly and sleep at night. Thank You Dr. Widick.
in Port Saint John, fl. |
I moved to brevard county in 2007 from Huntsville,Al. Had already had sinus surgery, ear surgery, and mastoid surgery. So when we got here one of the first things I needed was a good ENT. It was recommended by a doctor for me to see Dr. Widick I have never been disappointed . He is the most caring, professional , ENT I have ever had. I am planning on moving in the next few months but I will make the drive back to see him. I will have to say he is the best.
in Cape Canaveral, FL |
Dr. Widick and his staff are very professional, friendly and caring.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Widick, MD?

Visit Dr. Widick