Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Vincent, MD
Michael P. Vincent, MD, FACS BA (Chemistry)Duke University, Phi Beta Kappa, 1972 Graduate, Duke University School of Medicine, 1976 Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1985 Formerly, Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery, 1982-2002 Fellow, American College of Surgeons Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (and former member of the Board of Directors and the Ethics Committee) Former Chief, Department of Plastic Surgery, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland Former Chief, Plastic Surgery, Shady Grove Adventist Hospital (1999-2014) Former Chief, Plastic Surgery, Holy Cross Hospital Former Consultant in Plastic Surgery to NIH, the White House, and the U.S. Congress Served as the surgeon for two past Presidents Rated as a "Top Plastic Surgeon" in multiple issues of Washingtonian Magazine, Washington Consumer's Checkbook, Castle Connolly surveys, Vitals, and multiple "SuperDoctors" surveys Served in the US Navy Medical Corps for 20 years Active Certification for Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) Author of numerous book chapters, articles, and videotapes on plastic surgery Former Member, Operation Smile, performed cleft lip/palate surgery worldwide on multiple mission trips Member, Who's Who (multiple editions) for over 25 years

15245 Shady Grove Rd Ste 155

Rockville, MD 20850

Dr. Michael Vincent, MD

• ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CoreSource
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Vincent

See how frequently Dr. Vincent performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Adjacent Tissue Transfer
Wound Repair
Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)

Dr. Vincent's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Vincent "We have a great office staff, and we will do our very best to treat you in the way we would like to be treated ourselves. Our office includes a fully accredited operating room suite where most of our surgical procedures can be performed with greater ease, comfort, and privacy."

• Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Cleft Lip and Palate
  • Cosmetic Conditions
  • Cyst
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Lip Cancer
  • Lipodystrophy
  • Lipomas
  • Mole
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nasal Obstruction

• Acne Scar Removal
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Belotero® Injection
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Botox® Injection
  • Cosmetic Facial Implant Surgery
  • Cosmetic Facial Surgery
  • Cosmetic Surgical Procedure
  • Dysport Injection
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Endoscopic Brow Lift
  • Lift - Parts of the Body Other than Face
  • Lipomas Sebacious Cyst Removal
  • Liposuction
  • Mole Removal
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Neck Lift
  • Neck Liposuction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Radiesse® Injections
  • Wound Repair

1 Malpractice Claim
  • Settlement
    Amount or Range: Below Average
    Nature of Complaint: Location: Rockville, MD. Settlement with patient over an innocent miscommunication where a nearby obvious skin lesion was removed but this was not the lesion that the patient had intended. The miscommunication was identified as soon as the procedure was completed, but the patient declined to have the desired lesion removed. No suit was ever filed.

• Duke University
  • National Naval Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981
  • Eastern Va Grad School Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1984

Dr. Vincent has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Vincent has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vincent does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vincent and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vincent's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vincent to family and friends
Dr. Vincent Says:

I cannot thank you enough for taking your valuable time to post a satisfaction survey.  I along with a terrific staff do our very best to provide excellent care and stay on time  We sincerely hope that you have had a positive experience, and are very thankful that you are willing to share this with others.  If your experience was less than positive, please call me directly,...

Dr. Vincent's Performance
Rockville, MD |
Dr. Vincent was easy to talk to, answered my many questions about the procedure, as well as pre- and post-care. He came to see me before the surgery to "check in" and ask if I had any questions. I am very happy with Dr. Vincent and his excellent office staff! My results are amazing and I highly recommend Dr. Vincent and his staff!
Silver Spring, MD |
Dr.Micheal Vincent, is very polite and professional and make it so easy and explain every step that he is doing, and staff are great as well highly recommend you wont be disappointed.
Rockville, MD |
Dr Vincent is excellent in his approach and impeccable in his treatment. His level of expertise and his confident and re assuring demeanor are second to none. I have been a patient and used his services off and on for over fifteen years in different areas, and all outcomes have been perfect. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs his many surgical offerings.
Washington, DC |
Great experience, no wait times for follow up appointments and amazing results.
in Damascus, MD |
I would highly recommend Dr. Vincent to anyone. He did a marvelous job on removing some moles from my face. It looks like they were never there. Anytime I have questions or issues he is ready to lend some help and professional advice.
Gaithersburg, MD |
Dr. Vincent is highly recommended. I am very happy with the work he has done to help me.
in Jefferson, MD |
I was referred to Dr. Vincent over 14 years ago and I am so grateful to have found him. Dr. Vincent has a very gentle and caring demeanor that instantly put me at ease. He is also very professional and thorough when explaining procedures, expected outcomes, and answering questions. Dr. Vincent's attention to detail, combined with his vast knowledge and experience truly sets him apart. The care I have received from Dr. Vincent over the years has been outstanding and I'm thrilled with the results!
Frederick, MD |
Dr. Vincent is very calm and compassionate. He does a great job explaining lab results in a way that is reassuring and easy to understand. His staff is helpful as well.
in Potomac, MD |
Members of my family and I have been attended to by Dr. Vincent for nearly 15 years. I am consistently impressed with his knowledge, professionalism and his incredible "bed side" manner. He is incredibly thorough, explains things well and always treats me like I am this only patient. Very calming and never seems to be in a hurry, in spite of the fact that I am always seen at my scheduled appointment time. I can't say enough about what an outstanding physician he is.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Vincent is a wonderful surgeon! Our son was born with a cleft lip and palate. We met Dr. Vincent the day after Noah was born, and he has been his surgeon for 18 years. Every operation he performed has produced wonderful results, and our son's other doctors have often commented on the fine quality of Dr. Vincent's work. Just as importantly, Noah grew up thinking of Dr. Vincent as his friend. He has always been kind and compassionate and easy to talk with.
Silver Spring, MD |
Dr. Vincent is one of the most caring and skilled professionals I have come across in his field. Before using his services I consulted with several other doctors and he was the only one who truly listened and addressed my personal concerns. I have had several procedures performed by him and have been thrilled with the results.
in Silver Spring, MD |
I had several minor surgeries performed by Dr. Vincent. He was extremely professional, helpful and thorough throughout the entire process. He patiently explained the procedures, provided excellent follow-up care and made sure I was doing well. I can highly recommend Dr. Vincent for the best surgical care.
in Washington, DC |
I have had surgery with Dr. Vincent on two separate occasions. The first time was for a breast reduction in which other doctors commented on what a good job he did. Evidently, this is a surgery that does not always turn out as well as hoped for. Dr. Vincent recently conducted reconstructive surgery on my breast after cancer. It required quite a bit of work on his part and he took the time to think about the best course of action before making recommendation. Very pleased with results!
in College Park, MD |
I got to know Dr. Vincent after I had two bad experiences with two other doctors in an attempt to remove a fatty cyst on my eye lid. The results of these two encounters were blue & black marks on my entire eye without removal of the cyst!!. Then, I found finally Dr. Vincent. A real PRO, who knows what he is doing. 1. Dr. Vincent performed three operations on me in three critical locations (eye lid, ear lobes). 2. All these operations have been extremely successful & left no scars.
in Falls Church, VA |
Dr. Vincent served as Chief of Plastic Surgery at Shady Grove for over 15 years and is an exceptional plastic surgeon. He takes great pride in his work and I could not be more pleased with the results. He is also an expert at Botox injections. If you would like to see photos, Dr. Vincent’s office can share them with you. His staff are kind and competent, including Debbi who has worked at the front desk for many years. Based on my experience, Dr. Vincent and his practice are 5-star in every way.
in Silver Spring, MD |
There are simply no sufficient words to describe the excellence of Dr. Vincent. Over the past 10+ years, I have had surgeries too numerous to count for various forms of skin cancer. Dr. Vincent has always made me feel at ease as we go thru the surgical process, explaining everything he is doing while maintaining a relaxed, comfortable setting in his operating suites. Dr. Vincent is a highly competent surgeon, as well as a wonderful , caring person.
in Frederick, MD |
I started going to Dr. Vincent's office 10 years ago when I was first diagnosed with Melanoma. Since my first appointment ,and the million others after that, Dr.Vincent and his staff have been amazing! Dr.Vincent's work is outstanding! He's removed multiple moles from my face and no one ever notices! Can't say enough about this office! Love Love Love!!!
Washington, DC |
At the recommendations of 2 trusted physicians I’d seen longterm, I first saw Dr. Vincent in 2014 for removal of a cyst by my eye. Because he did a fabulous job, I trusted him to help me with a more serious breast reconstruction a year later, and I’ve been highly recommending him ever since. If you need the consultation of a plastic surgeon, he has my confidence.
Silver Spring, MD |
I have been a frequent patient of Dr. Vincent during the past 13 years. My wife and I are in our mid-70s and visits to doctors have become all to common in recent years. Dr. Vincent ranks at the top of my list beginning with his staff, his punctuality and attention to my medical needs. He clearly explains the reasons for the procedures performed and completes them in a professional and patient-oriented manner.
in Germantown, MD |
Many years ago I asked a doctor friend, "If your wife needed a plastic surgeon, whom would you send her to?" He answered, "Dr. Michael Vincent." From my initial consultation I have had the utmost confidence in Dr. Vincent's medical knowledge and experience. I was very happy with my "mini-face lift" and was delighted recently: I had to have several stitches from under my nose vertically down INTO my top lip! Now, there is no evidence of anything being done! AMAZING! Thank you, Dr. Vincent!
in Gaithersburg, MD |
I highly recommend Dr. Vincent for plastic surgery procedures. I have been a patient of his for 10+ years and he has done several procedures for me. Each and every one of the procedures was as comfortable as could be done, and the results were good. Additionally, both he and his staff are very professional, caring towards their patients, and follow-up after procedures to ensure you are not having any complications and healing well. He is highly impressive surgeon.
in Rockville, MD |
Wonderful staff and exceptional attention to detail. I have had several surgeries and most pleased with outcome on all.
in Gaithersburg, MD |
Dr. Vincent was my doctor of choice after consulting with him and two other plastic surgeons--all three came highly recommended. I had a complicated nose partial reconstruction, after MOHS surgery, so I researched plastic surgeons carefully. I chose Dr. Vincent because his approach to my surgery was the most understandable, the most logical, and his confidence in success was extremely reassuring. I also chose him because of his office staff, who were always helpful, friendly, encouraging, and
in Germantown |
If you are looking for a doctor whose medical knowledge is encyclopedic, treats the whole person, and takes the time to be caring, then you should consider Dr. Michael Vincent. He is a one of a kind. He has been treating our entire family for the past 20 years and I wouldn't consider anyone else in his field.
in Gaithersburg, MD |
I would like to join others in sharing the many positive experiences I have experienced while under Dr. Vincent's care over the years. Not enough can be said of a plastic surgeon who can diagnose, cure and camouflage the necessary surgery for carpal tunnel issues. The surgeries very mild and the miniscule stitches that Dr Vincent used have all but become just a normal crease in the palm of my hand. He has maintained an almost lost virtue of professionals - attending to emergencies personally.
I have been a patient of Dr. Vincent for many years and I have found him to be caring and professional. He readily answers any questions and/or concerns that I might have. He explains treatments and aftercare very thoroughly, which is much appreciated and importantly, he doesn't not recommend unnecessary procedures. His staff is most friendly and accommodating. Appointments are always taken on time.
in Maryland |
I have been a patient of Dr. Vincent’s for over 10 years, and can honestly say that my experiences with him as a doctor have been among the most positive ones I have had. From my initial visit to him, through every appointment since, he has been warm, personable, never rushed, and makes me feel very comfortable from a medical perspective. I was initially recommended to him by a friend that was a very experienced doctor, and used Dr. Vincent himself. That to me was about as good a recommend
in Rockville, MD |
I am beyond pleased with my results and overwhelmed by your patience and kindness. You have my highest recommendation for any new patient.
in Silver Spring, MD |
Dr. Vincent has preformed 3 procedures on me. He is truly professional, has a wonderful caring personality and is excellent at what he does. He explains every step of each procedurE and is an active partner in your after care. I highly recommend him. His office staff is excellent as well!
in Gaithersburg, MD |
I have been battling skin cancer for the past 20 years. On each of my facial procedures, I asked Dr. Michael Vincent to complete the closing sutures to reduce and/or eliminate scars. Dr. Vincent has always done a miraculous job reducing any evidence of my skin cancer removals on my face. I joke, but there is a lot of truth in my statement, “Dr. Vincent keeps me looking pretty”. I cannot recommend Dr. Michael Vincent high enough.
in Washington, DC |
I've had various procedures performed by Dr. Vincent over the last 15 years, and each and every time, it's been as pleasant as minor surgery can possibly be. The staff is incredibly friendly, Dr. Vincent takes time to answer any questions I may have to help put me at ease, and each procedure has left me looking and feeling good as new.
My daughters and I have been patients of Dr. Vincent for about 2 1/2 years. We have been so pleased with his services. He is an excellent doctor with a gentle and caring demeanor. The numerous procedures he has performed on us have all gone smoothly. The office staff is very warm and friendly and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. I would highly recommend this practice.
in Silver Spring, Maryland |
Whether it's a minor issue or a major issue, Dr. Vincent will be honest and forthright in his opinion. His easy-going manner and attention to detail is one of the many reasons I have been a patient to Dr. Vincent for many, many years. His supportive staff goes above and beyond to make his patients feel comfortable as well as relieving any anxieties. Dr. Vincent is always on time and will take the time needed to discuss any questions and concerns one might have. A top doctor with a top staff!
Annapolis Maryland |
I was beyond impressed with the care I received from Dr. Michael Vincent. He came highly recommended from two friends and I was not disappointed. He is a very committed and compassionate doctor that listens to his patients concerns. I had a very difficult reconstructive surgery and he handled it beautifully!! It was so nice to be treated with such professionalism and wonderful care. I felt confident that I was in the best of hands. I would highly recommend Dr. Michael Vincent.
in Biglerville, PA |
I travel 2 hours from PA. to see Dr. Vincent. I have always received excellent care. He explains what he needs to do and what I should expect. He is professional and courteous and so is his staff. I will continue to make the trip from PA to see Dr. Vincent whenever necessary and can't imagine going to another Dr.
Silver Spring, MD |
Dr. Vincent is a very conscientious plastic surgeon. I have been seeing him since 2013 due to reconstruction after breast cancer. Before any procedure, he has you start taking antibiotics to ward off any infections so that you remain infection-free after your procedure. He explains in detail what he is going to do. He is caring and knows what he is doing. He is compassionate and likes to please his patients.
in Potomac, MD |
I may run out of adjectives, but here goes...friendly, professional, kind, informative, patient, caring, gentle, easy going, intelligent, classy, accommodating, skilled, knowledgeable, etc. I have been going to Dr Vincent for over 30 years now. The service from the doctor and staff is beyond top notch. There simply is no better practice anywhere that I've experienced that is anywhere near as good as this one.
Frederick, MD |
He is an excellent experienced surgeon. I trust Dr. Vincent 110%. He is very caring and meticulous. I have been his patient for several years and been very pleased with his work.
Annandale, VA |
Like many of you, I had seen the results of many poor cosmetic procedures so I was skeptical and apprehensive prior to my consultation with Dr. Vincent. From my first meeting with Dr. Vincent, my skepticism and fear vanished. Dr. Vincent put me at ease and assured me that good cosmetic surgery should be a “whisper, not a shout!” I could not be more delighted with results of my cosmetic surgery. I look and feel younger; I take more pride in my appearance; and I have greater self-confidence.
in Baltimore, MD |
Dr. Vincent is an excellent plastic surgeon who really listens to his patients and has done 2 face lifts for me over the years. He has a fine aesthetic sense and the results look quite natural.
in Germantown MD |
I have been a client of Dr. Vincent’s for 21 years, starting in 1998 with a breast reconstruction after a mastectomy and continuing through skin peels, Restylane injections, and a facelift. He has also treated some problems that I have with my hands. The outcomes in all treatments have been everything I hoped for. On top of that he’s a great listener and a great explainer, which is something that is very important in a doctor.
in Damascus, MD |
I have been a patient of Dr. Vincent for several years. Throughout this time, Dr. Vincent has always conducted himself in a polite and professional manner. He listens to my concerns and then he provides valuable input as to the course of treatment. I have always left his office happy with the results. And, I will continue to be a patient for years to come.
North Bethesda, MD |
I've been a patient of Dr. Vincent's for close to 20 years and he has also provided care for my parents as well as my children. I've consulted him for a range of concerns from minor skin lesions and wrinkle fillers to the surgical lifting of aging skin. He's an expert in his field and so easy to talk to. I've felt both confident and comfortable with his surgical care. And most importantly, always thrilled with the results! I will continue to rely on his expertise in the future.
Lanham, MD |
Excellent, professional and the best of Surgeons! Barb R
in Silver Spring, MD |
I have been a patient of Dr Vincent's for 7 years and I couldn't feel in better hands. His patience and professionalism has helped me and my husband through some medically challenging times. His office staff is also responsive and helpful.
in Potomac, MD |
I have been a patient of Dr. Vincent for at over a decade. He has repaired hand wounds, and performed minor surgery on my face and chest. I couldn’t be more pleased with the results. Dr. Vincent is professional and caring; a fantastic doctor. He has an incredible bed-side manner, with a dry sense of humor. My associations with him have all been positive and pleasant. I will continue to be a patient of Dr. Vincent because I want it done right.
in Laytonsville |
I was looking for a surgeon with the best reputation and skills. I found that Dr. VIncent had impeccable credentials starting with his medical school, and service in the Navy as a flight surgeon. He was chief of plastic surgery at Shady Grove and Holy Cross Hospitals. He is friendly and very easy to talk to. I've had 3 surgeries and and couldn't be happier with the results. I've never looked better. The practice is warm and welcoming and you're never pressured to purchase additional services.
in Germantown, MD |
It was a very nice experience to have Dr. Vincent taking care of my medical issue. The surgery I had in Feb. was very smooth and overall was very professional. Then Dr. Vincent discussed all the medical information about my surgery, patiently listened and explained my concern and kept close watch after procedure. Now I am totally recovered and I will be very happy to recommend Dr. Vincent to family and friends.
in Silver Spring, MD |
I have been a patient of Dr. Michael P. Vincent for at least a decade. He has patched wounds, performed minor surgery on my neck and has done cosmetic work on my face and legs. I couldn’t have been happier with the results. Dr. Vincent has a low-key demeanor and a great sense of humor. He is also caring and always apologizes if he thinks he has done anything that hurts you! My associations with him have all been positive and pleasant.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr.Vincent and staff have provided excellent medical services to me over the many years that I have been his patient. I have the utmost trust in his skills as a surgeon.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Vincent, MD?
Are you Dr. Vincent?

Visit Dr. Vincent

Dr. Vincent accepts 27 insurance carriers
  • ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
    Advantage Health Solutions
    Coventry Health Care HMO
    Coventry Health Care POS
    Coventry Health Care PPO
    Group Plan PPO
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA PPO
  • Health Net
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MAPFRE Life Insurance Company of Puerto Rico