Dr. Michael Vincent, MD

Dr. Michael Vincent, MD

Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery | Male | 66 years old

33 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

We have a great office staff, and we will do our very best to treat you in the way we would like to be treated ourselves. Our office includes a fully accredited operating room suite where most of our surgical procedures can be performed with greater ease and privacy.Read more

Personal Bio

Michael P. Vincent, MD, FACS BA (Chemistry)Duke University, Phi Beta Kappa, 1972 Graduate, Duke University School of Medicine, 1976...Read more

Dr. Vincent's Experience

See how Dr. Vincent's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Vincent

Dr. Vincent accepts 26 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Vincent has admitting privileges.

Dr. Vincent's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vincent to family and friends
Dr. Vincent Says:

I thank you for taking your valuable time to post a satisfaction survey.  Hopefully, you have had a positive experience, and it is great that you are willing to share this with others.  If your experience was less than positive, please call me directly, so I can help improve our care. We do our very best to provide high quality plastic surgery care, so your feedback is extremely valuable and appreciated!

Dr. Vincent's Performance
in Damascus, MD |
I have been a patient of Dr. Vincent for several years. Throughout this time, Dr. Vincent has always conducted himself in a polite and professional manner. He listens to my concerns and then he provides valuable input as to the course of treatment. I have always left his office happy with the results. And, I will continue to be a patient for years to come.
North Bethesda, MD |
I've been a patient of Dr. Vincent's for close to 20 years and he has also provided care for my parents as well as my children. I've consulted him for a range of concerns from minor skin lesions and wrinkle fillers to the surgical lifting of aging skin. He's an expert in his field and so easy to talk to. I've felt both confident and comfortable with his surgical care. And most importantly, always thrilled with the results! I will continue to rely on his expertise in the future.
Lanham, MD |
Excellent, professional and the best of Surgeons! Barb R
in Silver Spring, MD |
I have been a patient of Dr Vincent's for 7 years and I couldn't feel in better hands. His patience and professionalism has helped me and my husband through some medically challenging times. His office staff is also responsive and helpful.
in Potomac, MD |
I have been a patient of Dr. Vincent for at over a decade. He has repaired hand wounds, and performed minor surgery on my face and chest. I couldn’t be more pleased with the results. Dr. Vincent is professional and caring; a fantastic doctor. He has an incredible bed-side manner, with a dry sense of humor. My associations with him have all been positive and pleasant. I will continue to be a patient of Dr. Vincent because I want it done right.
in Laytonsville |
I was looking for a surgeon with the best reputation and skills. I found that Dr. VIncent had impeccable credentials starting with his medical school, and service in the Navy as a flight surgeon. He was chief of plastic surgery at Shady Grove and Holy Cross Hospitals. He is friendly and very easy to talk to. I've had 3 surgeries and and couldn't be happier with the results. I've never looked better. The practice is warm and welcoming and you're never pressured to purchase additional services.
in Germantown, MD |
It was a very nice experience to have Dr. Vincent taking care of my medical issue. The surgery I had in Feb. was very smooth and overall was very professional. Then Dr. Vincent discussed all the medical information about my surgery, patiently listened and explained my concern and kept close watch after procedure. Now I am totally recovered and I will be very happy to recommend Dr. Vincent to family and friends.
in Silver Spring, MD |
I have been a patient of Dr. Michael P. Vincent for at least a decade. He has patched wounds, performed minor surgery on my neck and has done cosmetic work on my face and legs. I couldn’t have been happier with the results. Dr. Vincent has a low-key demeanor and a great sense of humor. He is also caring and always apologizes if he thinks he has done anything that hurts you! My associations with him have all been positive and pleasant.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr.Vincent and staff have provided excellent medical services to me over the many years that I have been his patient. I have the utmost trust in his skills as a surgeon.
Potomac, MD |
????? Dr. Vincent is an outstanding, highly skilled, and compassionate plastic surgeon who is the ultimate professional. Prior to any procedure, Dr. Vincent is very thorough in explaining exactly what will happen, and he is right on target when estimating the time and expectations for recovery. If Dr.Vincent does not think a procedure is warranted, he will share this with the patient. His integrity is beyond reproach. Dr. Vincent is assisted by his friendly and very competent support staff.
New Market, MD |
My first appointment with Dr. Vincent was about two and a half years ago. I’ve had about 30 appointments for procedures with him since then. Dr. Vincent and his staff put patient comfort and care first in every instance. He listens carefully and thoughtfully during each appointment. His care, and the nurse’s care, during procedures are exceptional. The staff is pleasant and helpful and they follow up with me as necessary. I highly recommend Dr. Vincent in every way.
in Boyds, MD |
Dr. Vincent was very easy to talk with regarding the needed surgery and took his time explaining the procedure and answering questions. I was referred to Dr. Vincent by another doctor I hold in high regard and found his recommendation to be excellent. The staff was very professional and the office setting was clean, attractive and quite.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Vincent and staff were professional and courteous and seem to be appropriately trained for the work that they do. HOWEVER, billing was another story. I had two small cancerous lesions removed - one by another facility, one by Dr. Vincent. At the first facility the allowable charge (billed amount minus insurance contract discount) was $422. The allowable charge for Dr. Vincent was $1497!!!
Maryland Line, MD |
He didn't appear together up to date on the latest techniques and procedures
Have you seen Dr. Michael Vincent, MD?
Are you Dr. Vincent?

• Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1985
  • Formerly, Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery, 1982-2002
  • Fellow, American College of Surgeons
  • Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
  • Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (and former member of the Board of Directors and the Ethics Committee)
  • Former Chief, Department of Plastic Surgery, National Naval Medical Center,  Bethesda, Maryland
  • Former Chief, Plastic Surgery, Shady Grove Adventist Hospital (1999-2014)
  • Former Chief, Plastic Surgery, Holy Cross Hospital
  • Former Consultant in Plastic Surgery to NIH, the White House, and the U.S. Congress
  • Served as the surgeon for two past Presidents
  • Rated as a "Top Plastic Surgeon" in multiple issues of Washingtonian Magazine, Washington Consumer's Checkbook, Castle Connolly surveys, Vitals, and multiple "SuperDoctors" surveys
  • Served in the US Navy Medical Corps for 20 years
  • Author of numerous book chapters, articles, and videotapes on plastic surgery
  • Former Member, Operation Smile, performed cleft lip/palate surgery worldwide on multiple mission trips
  • Member, Who's Who (multiple editions) for over 25 years

Dr. Vincent's Care Philosophy

Dr. Vincent says...

I have been involved in medicine for more than 40 years, and have been practicing plastic surgery for over 30 of those years.  This experience has allowed me to gain considerable exposure and experience in just about every aspect of plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery.  I do my best to being straightforward, listen and be nonjudgmental, and to be easy to talk to about your concerns. I will discuss the range of options including less "invasive" ones including the pros and cons of each, which will help both of us develop what is best and most comfortable for you.

Dr. Vincent says...

I have been involved in medicine for more than 40 years, and have been practicing plastic surgery for over 30 of those years.  This experience has allowed me to gain considerable exposure and experience in just about every aspect of plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery.  I do my best to being straightforward, listen to you,  and being easy to talk to about your concerns.

Our office includes a fully certified operating room and procedure room, where most surgery can be performed with greater ease and privacy.

Dr. Vincent says...

Dr. Vincent's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
  •  Board certified in Plastic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims found

Malpractice Claim

Dr. Vincent has 1 malpractice claim

More  What is medical malpractice
    • Settlement
    • Amount or Range: Below Average
    • Nature of Complaint: Location: Rockville, MD. Settlement with patient over an innocent miscommunication where a nearby obvious skin lesion was removed but this was not the lesion that the patient had intended. The miscommunication was identified as soon as the procedure was completed, but the patient declined to have the desired lesion removed. No suit was ever filed.
    • State: Virginia

• Burn Injuries
  • Cleft Lip and Palate
  • Cosmetic Conditions
  • Cyst
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Lip Cancer
  • Lipodystrophy
  • Lipomas
  • Mole
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nasal Obstruction

Eastern Va Grad School Med

Completed in 1984

Duke University

Graduated in 1972

Dr. Vincent does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vincent and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Acne Scar Removal
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Belotero® Injection
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Botox® Injection
  • Cosmetic Facial Implant Surgery
  • Cosmetic Facial Surgery
  • Cosmetic Surgical Procedure
  • Dysport Injection
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Endoscopic Brow Lift
  • Lift - Parts of the Body Other than Face
  • Lipomas Sebacious Cyst Removal
  • Liposuction
  • Mole Removal
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Neck Lift
  • Neck Liposuction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Radiesse® Injections