Dr. Michael Turner, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Frisco Spine at Plano 4323 N Josey Ln Ste 202 Carrollton, TX 75010 Get Directions
Dr. Michael Turner, MD

A spine fellowship-trained neurosurgeon, Dr Michael Turner is proficient in the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques for the relief of back and neck pain. He works to improve patient outcomes by using these techniques on patients with, degenerative disc disease, spinal tumors and spinal deformity. He is also proficient in the treatment of cranial disorders, including brain tumors. Dr Turner is originally from California where he completed his B.S. before moving to Chicago where he received both his M.D. and Ph.D. degrees. After completing a spine fellowship in 2011 at Cedars Sinai Spine Institute Foundation, Dr Turner, moved to Texas to join Frisco Spine. Dr Turner is officed in our Baylor Carrollton location where he holds the position of Director of Neurosurgery.

...See Less

Dr. Turner's Care Philosophy

Frisco Spine offers a comprehensive multidisciplinary team approach to neck and back pain through a team of neurosurgeons and physiatrists specializing in the treatment of spinal disorders. We are a spine center where conservative management is always emphasized first, yet surgical options are also available.

Dr. Turner's Experience

See how Dr. Turner's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Turner

Dr. Turner accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Turner has admitting privileges.

Dr. Turner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Turner to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Turner's Performance
in The Colony, TX |
I am always treated with respect and am given time to ask questions receiving answers that I understand.
in Coppell, TX |
Very conservative treatment approach. Does not jump straight to surgical option, but gives other alternative choices before proceeding to surgery if necessary. Very thorough review of symptoms and explains all options thoroughly. Would recommend Dr. Turner highly!
in Aubrey, TX |
Dr. Turner is an excellent physician. He takes time and care to make sure everything is right. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends if they ever need his expertise. He listened to what my concerns were and explained the procedure very well.
in Bedford, Texas |
Dr Turner and his PA's demonstrated genuine concern for me and my family, when I unexpectedly found myself in the hospital. Dr Turner made it clear from the beginning, that we would get to the root of the problem. What a relief! Subsequent visits to his office, only reinforced my positive feelings for him and his entire staff.
Euless, TX |
Dr Turner and all his staff are caring and respectful to their patients A plus service.
Dr. Turner always has time to listen to your concerns, he makes sure you fully understand the problem, your options, risks, and success rates. He is not a doctor that will come in rushing, tell you what you will or will not do; he truly wants you to be a part of your care.
in Double Oak, TX |
I have been under Dr. Turner's care now for 3 years and if you listen to him and follow his instructions you will get well.
in Rockwall, TX |
Dr. Turner is very thorough and personable. I feel he goes to the extremes to answer all my questions and leaves me with no doubt. I am very comfortable with him and his staff. Everyone is smiling and always goes out of their way to assist me. I recommend Dr. Turner and his staff to anyone.
in PLANO, TX |
IT WAS EXCELLENT. CARING, DETAILED, KNOWLEDGEABLE.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Turner is always a phone call away. He is an amazing neurosurgeon! I was nervous about getting a shunt, I'm so happy to report that Dr. Turner was able to address my situation with precision & less scarring that I had seen other surgeons leave on their patients. Very thorough and great care for every patient . I feel Blessed to have Dr.Turner & his entire staff on my team.
in Lewisville, TX |
I adore the staff at Frisco Spine now. And Dr.Turner always a smile and a warm greeting. One of my favorite Docs....
Ft Worth, TX |
When looking for "the right neurosurgeon" for my situation, I wanted Quality- not quantity. Dr. Turner is a no nonsense , focused precise neurosurgeon . I'm blessed to have found him. Dr. Turner pays attention to his patients specific needs. Not all surgeons will do this. Check out his education- He is top notch in his field.
Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Turner is a very thorough and upfront surgeon. His expertise will improve & your life. What makes Dr.Turner unique? not only listens to you concerns; he does his homework on every patients situation ( unlike many neurosurgeons) "Not every person's situation is the same. " Is one thing that he stress,surrounds his patients with a professional staff, is precise and to diligent.
in Lewisville, TX |
I had Cervical Fusion on Feb. 10, 2016. I called on May 11 or 12 for a follow-up because my neck was bothering me. The staff called me back and said Dr. Turner was no longer associated with his group, therefore, I had no insurance coverage and no one to follow-up the healing of my Cervical Fusion. I had to start all over and find someone who would take me on as a patient to following my surgery. Through my Primary Care Physician I found someone close. I'm not too pleased with the experience
in Lewisville tx |
Love his office!!!!!
Lewisville,tx |
Dr Turner saved my life. He is veey blunt and to the point and i beleive he has a 6th sense with his patients. I would recommend him to everyone and do. He is amazing.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Turner, MD?
Are you Dr. Turner?

Compare Dr. Turner

Dr. Turner says...

A spine fellowship-trained neurosurgeon, Dr Michael Turner is proficient in the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques for the relief of back and neck pain.  He works to improve patient outcomes by using these techniques on patients with, degenerative disc disease, spinal tumors and spinal deformity.  He is also proficient in the treatment of cranial disorders, including brain tumors. Dr Turner is originally from California where he completed his B.S. before moving to Chicago where he received both his M.D. and Ph.D. degrees.  After completing a spine fellowship in 2011 at Cedars Sinai Spine Institute Foundation, Dr Turner, moved to Texas to join Frisco Spine.  Dr Turner is officed in our Baylor Carrollton location where he holds the position of Director of Neurosurgery.

Dr. Turner's Care Philosophy

Dr. Turner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Turner has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Turner's Board Certifications

Graduated in 2003

University of Chicago Medical Center
    University of Chicago
    University of Chicago Medical Center

Dr. Turner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Turner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery