Dr. Michael Turner, MD

Dr. Michael Turner, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Michael Turner, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Lewisville, TX. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Read his story

1700 FM 544 Ste 100

Lewisville, TX 75056

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • HealthSmart
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Turner

See how frequently Dr. Turner performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spine Disorders
Cervical Spine Myelopathy
Intervertebral Disc Disease

Dr. Turner's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Turner's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Turner "A spine fellowship-trained neurosurgeon, Dr Michael Turner is proficient in the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques for the relief of back and neck pain. He works to improve patient outcomes by using these techniques on patients with, degenerative disc disease, spinal tumors and spinal deformity. He is also proficient in the treatment of cranial disorders, including brain tumors. Dr Turner is originally from California where he completed his B.S. before moving to Chicago where he received both his M.D. and Ph.D. degrees. After completing a spine fellowship in 2011 at Cedars Sinai Spine Institute Foundation, Dr Turner, moved to Texas to join Frisco Spine. Dr Turner is officed in our Baylor Carrollton location where he holds the position of Director of Neurosurgery."

This content was provided by Dr. Turner "Frisco Spine offers a comprehensive multidisciplinary team approach to neck and back pain through a team of neurosurgeons and physiatrists specializing in the treatment of spinal disorders. We are a spine center where conservative management is always emphasized first, yet surgical options are also available."

• Neurosurgery

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Chicago
  • University Of Chicago Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Turner has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Turner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Turner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Turner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Turner to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Turner's Performance
in Carrollton Texas |
I was very satisfied with the care I received from Dr. Turner's office starting with the staff that checked me in. His PA is very knowledgeable and I felt like I was in good hands while she was working directly with me. I especially enjoyed being able to view the MRI and see with my own eyes what we would be working on together to bring about a solution. Scott Grigsby
in Plano, TX |
I’m most impressed with the employees associated with this practice...courtesy, understanding, caring and very knowledgeable. I enjoy my visits in and out quickly. ??????????????
in Lewisville, TX |
Dr. Turner has performed 4 serious surgeries on my husband this year. Every experience he explained all of the possible scenarios and has ALWAYS been available to answer questions regardless of time or day. (Apologies to his family). I hurt my back minor compared to hubby, still total agony and unable to stand etc. I went to 2 ers and my primary. It took 24 days for pc to get me a referral to Dr. Turner. One visit with him, 3 doses of rx I am 80% better. Thank you for giving me my life back!!?
in Garland, TX |
Dr. Turner, beyond his esteemed education, wisdom, and experience, is a professional who can relay that information necessary to educate the patient on the condition treated. He then works with the patient, armed with informed judgement, on a mutually agreed upon course of action for the most profitable outcome in each unique situation. He doesn't lead you by the nose with fase-promises or a sugar-coated diagnosis. He shoots it straight with compassion. His staff are amazing, capable, friendly..
in The Colony, TX |
I am always treated with respect and am given time to ask questions receiving answers that I understand.
in Coppell, TX |
Very conservative treatment approach. Does not jump straight to surgical option, but gives other alternative choices before proceeding to surgery if necessary. Very thorough review of symptoms and explains all options thoroughly. Would recommend Dr. Turner highly!
in Aubrey, TX |
Dr. Turner is an excellent physician. He takes time and care to make sure everything is right. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends if they ever need his expertise. He listened to what my concerns were and explained the procedure very well.
in Bedford, Texas |
Dr Turner and his PA's demonstrated genuine concern for me and my family, when I unexpectedly found myself in the hospital. Dr Turner made it clear from the beginning, that we would get to the root of the problem. What a relief! Subsequent visits to his office, only reinforced my positive feelings for him and his entire staff.
Euless, TX |
Dr Turner and all his staff are caring and respectful to their patients A plus service.
Dr. Turner always has time to listen to your concerns, he makes sure you fully understand the problem, your options, risks, and success rates. He is not a doctor that will come in rushing, tell you what you will or will not do; he truly wants you to be a part of your care.
in Double Oak, TX |
I have been under Dr. Turner's care now for 3 years and if you listen to him and follow his instructions you will get well.
in Rockwall, TX |
Dr. Turner is very thorough and personable. I feel he goes to the extremes to answer all my questions and leaves me with no doubt. I am very comfortable with him and his staff. Everyone is smiling and always goes out of their way to assist me. I recommend Dr. Turner and his staff to anyone.
in PLANO, TX |
IT WAS EXCELLENT. CARING, DETAILED, KNOWLEDGEABLE.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Turner is always a phone call away. He is an amazing neurosurgeon! I was nervous about getting a shunt, I'm so happy to report that Dr. Turner was able to address my situation with precision & less scarring that I had seen other surgeons leave on their patients. Very thorough and great care for every patient . I feel Blessed to have Dr.Turner & his entire staff on my team.
in Lewisville, TX |
I adore the staff at Frisco Spine now. And Dr.Turner always a smile and a warm greeting. One of my favorite Docs....
Ft Worth, TX |
When looking for "the right neurosurgeon" for my situation, I wanted Quality- not quantity. Dr. Turner is a no nonsense , focused precise neurosurgeon . I'm blessed to have found him. Dr. Turner pays attention to his patients specific needs. Not all surgeons will do this. Check out his education- He is top notch in his field.
in Lewisville, TX |
I had Cervical Fusion on Feb. 10, 2016. I called on May 11 or 12 for a follow-up because my neck was bothering me. The staff called me back and said Dr. Turner was no longer associated with his group, therefore, I had no insurance coverage and no one to follow-up the healing of my Cervical Fusion. I had to start all over and find someone who would take me on as a patient to following my surgery. Through my Primary Care Physician I found someone close. I'm not too pleased with the experience
in Lewisville tx |
Love his office!!!!!
Lewisville,tx |
Dr Turner saved my life. He is veey blunt and to the point and i beleive he has a 6th sense with his patients. I would recommend him to everyone and do. He is amazing.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Turner, MD?
Are you Dr. Turner?

Visit Dr. Turner

Dr. Turner accepts 13 insurance carriers
    Aetna PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Beech Street (Multiplan) PPO